Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,354 members, 7,826,385 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples (35789 Views)

Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce / DNA Test For Your Children Is It Compulsory Or Just Lack Of Trust / Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Impera(m): 12:17pm On Oct 08, 2014
Two. So that the quality of life is above average. Was mad at my wife when she got preg for the third. It took me a while to accept the child after birth.......and he got his revenge too. Was in and out of hospital those first few months and really drained me financially.
Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by holysaint1(m): 12:19pm On Oct 08, 2014
Gloria3389:

I couldn't stand the one I witnessed.... I was like God am I gonna pass thru this??.....I wonder y some pple will decide to have 6 children or get pregnant every year
ohhh yes u re gonna pass tru it ooo grin except na Rev. Sista tins on ur mind :/
Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Gynacologist(m): 12:28pm On Oct 08, 2014
Gloria3389:

irrespective of their gender I guess
they are ol sayin dis witout puttin gender into consideratio.

1 Like

Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Gynacologist(m): 12:29pm On Oct 08, 2014
MarthaK:
no... Every married couple dream of having male and female kids...
If only one could choose her children's gender before they're born.
Most couple end up having 6 kids because they're looking for a particular gender be it male or female.
Nigerians!
exactly....
Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Gynacologist(m): 12:30pm On Oct 08, 2014
Kookny:
I'll like to have three kids: two males and one female grin
wat if 3 of em are ol female.
Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by penny01502: 12:51pm On Oct 08, 2014
Gloria3389:
Considering the economy of this country including the population, how many children is advisable for an average couple to have...?
for me ,3kids is just too OK

let's hear from u guys
two girls and a boy is enough for me
Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Missmossy(f): 1:01pm On Oct 08, 2014
Three is just okay for me. Two girls and a boycheesy
Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Truckpusher(m): 1:09pm On Oct 08, 2014
Jobless and unproductive people shouldn't be allowed to make babies ,they end up causing more problems for the society while productive peeps should have a maximum of two and high net worth peeps should go with a maximum of four.

It is a fact that jobless,uneducated and unproductive people makes more babies that they can't provide for physically,emotionally and otherwise......Though the ruling class makes babies like rats after all they can steal more than enough to afford for them while the unfortunate masses go hungry.
Certain tribes and ethnic groups in some particular region shouldn't be allowded to marry than one woman all in the name of religion.

3 Likes

Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by kika23(f): 1:14pm On Oct 08, 2014
Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by thegoodone2(m): 1:22pm On Oct 08, 2014
2 or 3 it depend .
Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by wamenzy(f): 1:40pm On Oct 08, 2014
I wud prefer four......cuz 9ja economy is getting worst[color=#990000][/color]
Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Gloria3389(f): 2:02pm On Oct 08, 2014
holysaint1:
ohhh yes u re gonna pass tru it ooo grin except na Rev. Sista tins on ur mind :/
haba.... rev sis ke......na person born me na..... I must born mine
Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by cullyamour(m): 2:05pm On Oct 08, 2014
From me I will recommend 2 considering the present economic instabilities.
Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Gloria3389(f): 2:06pm On Oct 08, 2014
igbsam:

Ehen, please tell me something. tongue
lolzzz..... I never born ooo... but I don witness it before and I was like shockedshockedshocked
Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 08, 2014

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by okirewaju(f): 2:12pm On Oct 08, 2014
Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 08, 2014
Would av said 1 village but 2 sets of twins and 1 set of sextuplets is aiite

what? I have money
Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by HARTZIV: 2:17pm On Oct 08, 2014
2.1 ist perfect grin
Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by merits(m): 2:24pm On Oct 08, 2014
dozens cuz.....

Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Iffffffy(f): 2:46pm On Oct 08, 2014
Gloria3389:

shockedshockedshocked....Sorry are u an Ibo ?
my exact thought
Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by just2simple: 3:13pm On Oct 08, 2014
shocked grin Min:A boy n a girl. Average:Two boys n a girl. Max:Two boys n two girls. shocked grin
Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Reference(m): 3:13pm On Oct 08, 2014
It is not a matter of the economy of the individual but the economy of the society that determines how many eggs we should lay so we should not become selfish about things because no matter how rich a man is I believe no man is a net positive contributor to society and the environment. Everybody degrades it and the more the people the more the problems. A rich man with several wives and children may slow the decay but he cannot pay for everything.

In Nigeria with a poor economy the situation is even worse. In my opinion the average couple should have no more than two kids. The rich 5%, 3 kids, the poor 60 or so % just 1 child till our economy significantly improves.

3 Likes

Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by just2simple: 3:21pm On Oct 08, 2014
grin shocked Min:A boy n a girl, Average:Two boys n a girl, Max:Two boys n two girls. shocked grin
Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by just2simple: 3:24pm On Oct 08, 2014
grin shocked Min:A boy n a girl, Average:Two boys n a girl, Max:Two boys n two girls. shocked grin cheesygrin shocked Min:A boy n a girl, Average:Two boys n a girl, Max:Two boys n two girls. shocked grin
Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Mbediogu(m): 3:38pm On Oct 08, 2014
[quote author=MarthaK post=26916959] no... Every married couple dream of having male and female kids...
If only one could choose her children's gender before they're born.
Most couple end up having 6 kids because they're looking for a particular gender be it male or female.

It is not pragmatic to talk about number of children and their gender at the same time. After having 4 girls, a family friend decided to have a final attempt for male child. Throughout the pregnancy the wife was alway on admission. In the end they had triplet - all girls!
Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by toygod2: 3:42pm On Oct 08, 2014
Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Theblessed(f): 3:57pm On Oct 08, 2014
[size=16pt]Who is asking this question - are you crazy?

Can't you see the Economic situtation in the world and in particular, your own country?

You are unable to feed yourself adequately daily - talk of ywo mouths and then, think of a basketful of children your are to bring into the world to suffer when all that future big plans and investments you hope for, fail and come crashing down your pants.

Seems you're senseless - get out of here!

Instead of you to mend or correct the mistakes of your fathers and their fathers and deviate from such a wicked behaviour - you are here provoking us with this foolish question.

Look around you and see poverty - maybe and, that's maybe your dull brain might be staired up to think. undecided undecided
[/size]
Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Jhayeahsam01(m): 3:59pm On Oct 08, 2014
my papa na carpenter and he born 17 am planning to double the count.... am I good to go
Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by shadomez(m): 4:54pm On Oct 08, 2014
4 Children are ok (2:2) 2 boys n 2 girls= 4kids
Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by lilmax(m): 5:09pm On Oct 08, 2014
The ones you can take care of

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Do Married Men Hustling In The Diaspora Cope With Sexual Urges / Don't Kill Yourself If Your Wife Is Sleeping Around..... / Mum Tattooes Her Son's Face On Her Back (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.