Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,191 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

What Are The Roles Of A Boyfriend In A Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Are The Roles Of A Boyfriend In A Relationship? (10381 Views)

Mother, Daughter Fight Over Boyfriend In Delta / Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? / When the roles are reversed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Roles Of A Boyfriend In A Relationship? by Enahi(f): 6:36pm On Oct 06, 2014
I sincerely want to know what the roles of a boyfriend are in a relationship? I sincerely don't see nothing good in it. At times I always end up asking myself the following questions:

I ask myself at times what's the essence of been in a relationship?

What's the point of opening my virgina for someone am not married to?

What's the big deal about sex when I will have too much of it when I eventually get married?

Been there done that and I feel relationships ain't worth it,perhaps I haven't met a good guy. What do you think?
Re: What Are The Roles Of A Boyfriend In A Relationship? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Oct 06, 2014
...Companionship.....

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Roles Of A Boyfriend In A Relationship? by Tapout(m): 6:43pm On Oct 06, 2014
Enahi:

What's the big deal about sex when I will have too much of it when I eventually get married

who told you that??

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Roles Of A Boyfriend In A Relationship? by iceberylin(m): 6:50pm On Oct 06, 2014
PĤÚČĶ
PĤÚČĶ
PĤÚČĶ angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Roles Of A Boyfriend In A Relationship? by hizson(m): 6:51pm On Oct 06, 2014
Anything good....
Re: What Are The Roles Of A Boyfriend In A Relationship? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Oct 06, 2014
You make it seems like your definition of relationship = sex

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Roles Of A Boyfriend In A Relationship? by Mutuwa(m): 7:00pm On Oct 06, 2014
Enahi:
I sincerely want to know what the roles of a boyfriend are in a relationship? I sincerely don't see nothing good in it. At times I always end up asking myself the following questions:

What's the big deal about sex when I will have too much of it when I eventually get married?

Been there done that and I feel relationships ain't worth it,perhaps I haven't met a good guy. What do you think?

Your beginning to think outside the box.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Roles Of A Boyfriend In A Relationship? by 1stola: 7:02pm On Oct 06, 2014
Enahi:

sèx
companionship
financial support (maybe)
Re: What Are The Roles Of A Boyfriend In A Relationship? by Enahi(f): 7:02pm On Oct 06, 2014
Tapout:

who told you that??
Yes an old uncle told me that i will have too much of it when I get married.
Re: What Are The Roles Of A Boyfriend In A Relationship? by Enahi(f): 7:04pm On Oct 06, 2014
1stola:

sèx
companionship
financial support (maybe)
Hmmmmmm companionship? How?
Re: What Are The Roles Of A Boyfriend In A Relationship? by Enahi(f): 7:06pm On Oct 06, 2014
Mutuwa:

Your beginning to think outside the box.
How am I thinking outside the box?
Re: What Are The Roles Of A Boyfriend In A Relationship? by Enahi(f): 7:09pm On Oct 06, 2014
hizson:
Anything good....
Nothing good in it.
Re: What Are The Roles Of A Boyfriend In A Relationship? by MisterLongman(m): 7:13pm On Oct 06, 2014
Enahi:

The man you will be having sex when you get married will be your boyfriend before he becomes your husband or won't you court before marriage.
You seem to think being in a relationship is all about having sex, sex and more sex but its more than that except maybe teenage relationships

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Roles Of A Boyfriend In A Relationship? by Mutuwa(m): 7:14pm On Oct 06, 2014
Enahi:
How am I thinking outside the box?

This question(s) u raised are born out of intelligence gathered thru ur own personal experience and maybe that of peer.The ability for you to fuse ur experience with reality and agree with your self about the truth is what makes u an intelligent being..and he who is intelligent my dear,thinks outside the box.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Roles Of A Boyfriend In A Relationship? by valmunich(m): 7:16pm On Oct 06, 2014
Hian! roles kwa Just do whatever you need to do to be happy

1 Like

Re: What Are The Roles Of A Boyfriend In A Relationship? by Pervert1(m): 7:19pm On Oct 06, 2014
Enahi:

didn't anyone tell you that sex is not everything? well,except for people like me.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Roles Of A Boyfriend In A Relationship? by MabraO: 7:20pm On Oct 06, 2014
Enahi:

Dats a lie
U gonna ve less of it
Like once or twice in 3 months

6 Likes

Re: What Are The Roles Of A Boyfriend In A Relationship? by Tallesty1(m): 7:24pm On Oct 06, 2014
Allow him to change the oil and lubricate all the lubricateable. It might rust before you meet the main man.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Roles Of A Boyfriend In A Relationship? by jnrbayano(m): 7:24pm On Oct 06, 2014
Boyfriends?

They are freinds. Yes I say friends but, specially customized friends.

If I'm your friend (boyfriend) and I don't impact on your life positively, then I am a failure.

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Roles Of A Boyfriend In A Relationship? by datguru: 7:26pm On Oct 06, 2014
Nothing we no go see for NL, choiii . SMH
Re: What Are The Roles Of A Boyfriend In A Relationship? by xynerise: 7:26pm On Oct 06, 2014
The roles you cannot play as a girl are the roles of your boyfriend. So start thinking

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Roles Of A Boyfriend In A Relationship? by jmoore(m): 7:31pm On Oct 06, 2014

Lately, Our society have undergone a lot of moral decadence and it is not surprising in relationships today to see many women confuse the role of a boyfriend with that of a husband. We will all agree with me that expectations from relationships are as natural as breathing, but i have been forced to wonder if it is perfectly natural having many women expecting husband privileges from men they simply deem as boyfriends.

While writing this post, i was forced to check-up Tђέ dictionary meaning for both Boyfriend and Husband and like most dictionaries would do, mine didn’t fail to state Tђέ major roles each played in these relationships. These two definitions clearly showed Tђέ difference in both roles, then i had to ask my self why is it that many women often expect more from a boyfriend than they should?
Many are probably frowning, probably asking what husband-like expectations do women actually place on their boyfriends?
As a typical Naija babe, we all know what we expect, especially when we feel we have successfully hooked up with a Maga, you don’t really want me to spend my time enumerating them. Ya’ll know them…don’t you?

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not against men doing things for women, there is absolutely nothing wrong with a man doing things for his girlfriend, especially if he volunteers to do it out of Tђέ kindness of his heart, we just should know enough not to expect husband privileges from a man who has not put a ring on your finger. These takes the focus off getting to know someone for who they are and places it on what they can offer.

Ladies, to be honest,giving husband privileges to boyfriends and expecting husband privileges in return takes away Tђέ fun in a relationship and places unnecessary pressure on both parties involved. Most women give husband privileges to boyfriends in hopes of securing a long-term relationship with Tђέ possibility of marriage. It is not a new thing in this part of Tђέ world to see a woman whose man doesn’t know Tђέ road to her Local government area, talkless of her village, park her things n move in with a guy who she claims she is dating. You are probably saying to your self mine is different, i don’t live with him. What about having turned your self to his chef, dry cleaner, house keeper and to top it all a relief for his sexual tension. This are major mistakes.

Now don’t get me wrong, these are good and homely qualities everyman wants from his girl, but one thing is sure, all these don’t guarantee a ring at Tђέ end of Tђέ day. Afterall a lot are married today and they prior to their marriage never knew where his bedroom was located. Stop making cheap excuses.
It is clear that Tђέ roles of a husband and a boyfriend are drastically different, yet many have that tendency to combine them, which is truely unfair. Your purpose in your boyfriend’s life is to be a companion and friend. It is not your job to be his wife or his mother, but simply a girlfriend. And as a girlfriend, it is not your job to give him husband privileges to try to convince him that you are wife material.

Let’s be realistic, at some point in a relationship things do progress, but as things progress they should still remain on a level of a dating relationship and not simulating marriage.

This write up was motivated by an article i once saw online. I believe via this post I’ve been able to say Tђέ minds of many guys out there. I still remain your very dearest, watching Tђέ world and posting my thoughts.

Source>>http://johneshiet./2013/09/09/boyfriend-not-husbandconfusing-boyfriend-role-with-that-of-a-husband/

The role of both boy and girlfriend is to provide a supportive, communicative, trusting and honest relationship for each other. Conjugal right is for the husband .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Roles Of A Boyfriend In A Relationship? by chymystique(f): 7:32pm On Oct 06, 2014
For me, no roles except companionship..
Re: What Are The Roles Of A Boyfriend In A Relationship? by Princessderaa(f): 7:49pm On Oct 06, 2014
op pls permit me to do dix on ur post.TO DE GUYS IN THEY HOUSE I MEAN REAL MATURED GUYS NT BOYS,wat would do if de lady u love tells u dat she took a vow of celibacy i.e she is celibate.o nid snsas asap
Re: What Are The Roles Of A Boyfriend In A Relationship? by Princessderaa(f): 8:05pm On Oct 06, 2014
to de guys in de house pls i wnt to kn wat ir reaction will be if ur gf tell u she is a celibate i.e she took a vow of celibacy

1 Like

Re: What Are The Roles Of A Boyfriend In A Relationship? by jmoore(m): 8:22pm On Oct 06, 2014
Princessderaa:
op pls permit me to do dix on ur post.TO DE GUYS IN THEY HOUSE I MEAN REAL MATURED GUYS NT BOYS,wat would do if de lady u love tells u dat she took a vow of celibacy i.e she is celibate.o nid snsas asap
It is okay by me. Na tear rubber I go marry.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Roles Of A Boyfriend In A Relationship? by Pervert1(m): 8:29pm On Oct 06, 2014
Princessderaa:
to de guys in de house pls i wnt to kn wat ir reaction will be if ur gf tell u she is a celibate i.e she took a vow of celibacy
lol.....and y is she telling you that?
Re: What Are The Roles Of A Boyfriend In A Relationship? by manutdadex(m): 8:38pm On Oct 06, 2014
Enahi:
cele ton e o ton candle...ask d married ones aw often dey av sex in their forties?

1 Like

Re: What Are The Roles Of A Boyfriend In A Relationship? by manutdadex(m): 8:40pm On Oct 06, 2014
op, well bf/gf issue na rehearsal for marriage o...u will learn more abt urself y datin(beliv me people dont knw much abt demselves). And u will learn more abt d opposite sex.
Re: What Are The Roles Of A Boyfriend In A Relationship? by Tymax(m): 9:15pm On Oct 06, 2014
temigracie:
...Companionship.....
Copy copy tongue
Re: What Are The Roles Of A Boyfriend In A Relationship? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Oct 06, 2014
Tymax:

Copy copy tongue

From where??....

You want me to tackle you ni??...
Re: What Are The Roles Of A Boyfriend In A Relationship? by Tymax(m): 9:18pm On Oct 06, 2014
temigracie:

From where??....

You want me to tackle you ni??...
Na me first talk am. Many threads ago.

So, shift! angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Was Raped By This Aboki Girl PHOTOS / Dating Married Women / My Hair And Legs Are Finer Than Most Girls - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.