Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,367 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

I Have No Deal With Accord, APC - Otunba Alao Akala - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Have No Deal With Accord, APC - Otunba Alao Akala (743 Views)

JUST IN: Otunba Tunde Badmus Arrested With 50,000 Thumb Printed Ballot Papers / Soludo, Ubah In Secret Meeting With Accord Party / What Is Otunba Alao Akala Up To? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Have No Deal With Accord, APC - Otunba Alao Akala by folik121: 7:01am On Oct 07, 2014
Otunba Alao Akala in an interview with Journalists in Ogbomoso said Ibadan G7 gang up of the PDP gubernatorial aspirant cannot worked against him due some factors

Sir, recently at the inauguration of TEAMAKALA campaign office, you promise to banish poverty in the state. How did you intend to do this?

I am very close to the grassroot and i know how to do that a lot. My government will re-introduce soft loans to our people at a reasonable interest rate and this will definitely help the people a lot at the grassroot.

Sir, another aspirant of your party has said that the call for an Ibadan candidate was for strategic reason, do you subscribe to this?
It is a pity and unfortunate that somebody of Professor Taoheed Adedoja’s calibre could say such a thing at this time and age, with his level of exposure. Imagine, Ibadan indigenes had been at the helms of affairs for long and none of them made him Minister. I am not an Ibadan man but I made him minister. I did not run Ogbomoso government when I was there before and I will not do such. All I know and preach is that the best man should be given the job irrespective of wherever they come from in the state.

Sir, most of these aspirants today in your party are your former aides and it is believed that you should be able to talk to them and make them see reasons why you are still the best man for the job.
NO, I don’t subscribe to that. When you do that to someone who is ambitious, you will be seen as a selfish man. You just have to leave them and allow them pursue their ambition to a logical conclusion.

Sir, a clean environment is a pre-requisite to healthy living in every society, how do you intend to sustain that.

Yes, we did all these during my first term in that office. My government invented a programme known as ``Environmental Akalism’’, headed by the then Commissioner for Environment and it worked out for good. We are going to start it from where we stopped and it will further improve the lot

Sir, do you see yourself as having greater chances in the forthcoming gubernatorial primaries of your party or do you foresee any form of gang up?

My friend, gang up can never work where you have many ambitious people. Who will forfeit his or her ambition for the other, it only works where there is a common goal that has nothing to do with others desire. What success has the G7 formed by some people recorded? Mind you , all of them wants to be governor , so how will they gang up.

Your Excellency Sir, as a former governor and an aspirant of the PDP, how do you intend to improve the state Internally Generated Revenue, moreso now that there is complaint of fluctuating federal allocation?

I have served as the governor of the state before and experience matters a lot. When i was governor, I ensured that I cut my coat according to my cloth. I know how I raised the state Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) by 300 percent. Then, I worked within the available resources without borrowing a dime. Mind you, I left no debt in the state covers.

Sir, how do you intend to industrialise the state when you are re-elected as the governor
That is very simple, you see, when people get incentives and conducive environment is created, they will definitely come around to invest at that place. In this sense, I mean, provision of tax holiday, easy access to raw materials, better infrastructure and conducive environment. I started the Ibadan Mega city project by opening up new places for development. When I opened the Orita-Challenge-Odo Ona Elewe- Apata road, it was with the intention of shifting development to that area and you can see what that place is today. Lots of houses and business ventures had sprang up there today, even the lands that was bought at the rate of like a N100,000 there is now being sold at millions of naira, showing the kind of development being witnessed around there now

Sir, there is this speculation going round the state that the major opposition parties in the state had kept their Oyo North Senatorial ticket for you. Some even said that you are being wooed into a party with the ticket and a billion naira. What do you have to say to this?

(Laughs...) , that means I am important in Oyo State politics and have become the beautiful bride. Well, in politics, you don’t have enemies. People have been talking to me and I have also been talking to them. I believe so much in party supremacy and I am very loyal to my party. I am in PDP and have no such deal of taking up a ticket from any other party. Please tell them not to keep the ticket for me in any other party but withdraw from the governorship race for me. I am expecting them all in the PDP. I am not small in my party and party had always accommodated me, how then will I go for a ticket in another party? If they believe that I am important in other parties, then my party cannot say I am not important. Help me tell them that I am expecting them to join me in the PDP.

1 Like

Re: I Have No Deal With Accord, APC - Otunba Alao Akala by Johnnyessence(m): 7:32am On Oct 07, 2014
if they nominate akala again PDP will loose all d strong hold in Oyo state bleaching governor won't be vote in ooooo Cos' people are not going on the violence that occurred during d nurtw saga so akala should forget and be an elder state man even in ogbomosho PDP will loose convincely.
Re: I Have No Deal With Accord, APC - Otunba Alao Akala by olatunde1234: 7:55am On Oct 07, 2014
Johnnyessence:
if they nominate akala again PDP will loose all d strong hold in Oyo state bleaching governor won't be vote in ooooo Cos' people are not going on the violence that occurred during d nurtw saga so akala should forget and be an elder state man even in ogbomosho PDP will loose convincely.
keep deceiving yourself

(1) (Reply)

Germany Offers FREE - TUITION For Its Universities / Govt, Civil Servants Build N150m Cancer Centre In Imo / Boko Haram To Release Chibok Girls By Tuesday -FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.