Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,573 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Is It Right For Parents To Show Affection Openely? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right For Parents To Show Affection Openely? (1761 Views)

My Husband Denies Me Sex And Affection...its Killing Me / How I Escaped Having Sex In My Early Teens (A Must Read For Parents)! / Is It Wrong For Parents To Display Affection In Front Of Their Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For Parents To Show Affection Openely? by DeepZone: 9:20am On Nov 10, 2008
Is it right for parents to show affection towards each other openly before their children? For ex: Dad approaches mum from the back while she's making breakfast, kiss her in the mouth and stylishly handle her boobs while the kids are there?.
Re: Is It Right For Parents To Show Affection Openely? by iice(f): 11:01am On Nov 10, 2008
Ewww i don't even want to see.
Re: Is It Right For Parents To Show Affection Openely? by zayhal(f): 11:52am On Nov 10, 2008
Hugging, pecking, these are ok but they shouldn't go as far as handling in their kids' presence. The little ones tend to practicalise what they see the parents doing.

But then, if parents avoid doing it before the kids, do they also monitor they don't watch it in the movies?
Re: Is It Right For Parents To Show Affection Openely? by sexyLeamon(f): 11:55am On Nov 10, 2008
to some extend no like what you just wrote
Re: Is It Right For Parents To Show Affection Openely? by HRhotness(f): 2:51pm On Nov 10, 2008
a hug and a kiss? yes. . . even advisable

handling? hell no, u might even traumatise d kids
Re: Is It Right For Parents To Show Affection Openely? by Akinagirl(f): 5:39pm On Nov 10, 2008
Save all that handling for the bedroom, however, kissing and hugging infront of the kids are ok. Remember kids pick up on whatever their parents do.
Re: Is It Right For Parents To Show Affection Openely? by sistajay(f): 5:48pm On Nov 10, 2008
@ Akinagirl

You said it all girl, parents should keep it clean in front of the kids.
Re: Is It Right For Parents To Show Affection Openely? by Gaminechic: 8:45pm On Nov 10, 2008
AArck, NAaa!!!

Never saw i think except a kiss, bu that was so Grooooosssss back then

@Topic,

The Children would know there is affection, love and care between both parents

without them having to do all that in front of them
Re: Is It Right For Parents To Show Affection Openely? by abujabooks(f): 11:52pm On Nov 10, 2008
Affection such as, holding hands, hugging, kissing are fine, in front of d kids.

Massaging each other's shoulders and feet are fine as well.

Everything else are meant for later!
Re: Is It Right For Parents To Show Affection Openely? by plappville(f): 11:10pm On Nov 11, 2008
hug and lip to lip kiss is ok while kids are around.
Re: Is It Right For Parents To Show Affection Openely? by TOYOSI20(f): 6:47am On Nov 12, 2008
I think moderation is key here, its okay for kids to know how much their parent care about each other . . . . . . .

But intimacy should be done in private. kiss
Re: Is It Right For Parents To Show Affection Openely? by Nobody: 7:57am On Nov 12, 2008
uuu
Re: Is It Right For Parents To Show Affection Openely? by Angolobabe(f): 4:24pm On Nov 12, 2008
there should be moderation, there is nothing wrong in showing affection infront of the kids But intimacy should be done in private
Re: Is It Right For Parents To Show Affection Openely? by spikedcylinder: 4:39pm On Nov 12, 2008
If I see my parents as much as shake each other, I will faint. embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Strange / Mature Question For Married Couples / How To Explain Sex 2 Your Children!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.