Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,288 members, 7,811,863 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP (38214 Views)

Tele Ikuru, River State Dep. Governor Gets Grand Reception As He Joins PDP -Pics / Joseph Yobo Goes Into Politics, Joins PDP (photos) / BREAKING NEWS: Nuhu Ribadu Joins PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by Nobody: 8:17am On Oct 08, 2014
duni04:
Congrats to the PDP! A new thief has been added to the den of thieves. I'm happy for the people of Anambra!

If it was apc he joined u would have lauded him right...

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by buJu234: 8:22am On Oct 08, 2014
GEJ all these oil blocks and naija billions that u re sharing... lol grin

dont b surprise if APC join... because another candidate for the oil block is already causing problem there.. I mean Atiku bobo.. grin

I am watching u guys in 3D from my paradise in the Epe creek..lol grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by shizzle11(m): 8:38am On Oct 08, 2014
Well done Peter Obi, Okwute Ndigbo cool

Like seriously why are some fools comparing Obi to Rochas? Obi is no longer a serving governor when he decamped unlike Rochas who decamped while still in office. Rochas is a politically hungry chamelion and desperado who has been in not less than 5 different political parties in just 10 years. Only a fool will compare these two.

Secondly, why are some fools saying Obi betrayed Ojukwu? He did not. Obi served for two terms under APGA for 8 years. Not only that, he handed over to an APGA candidate before he left office, he has done his bit. He held Ojukwus legacy for 8years and transfered it to obiano. Were you expecting him to remain in APGA forever? Even if APGA dies today, it didnt die under Peter Obi. The only thing is permanent is change, and in politics, changes occur even faster, so?

Thirdly, this is politics and its dynamic. Politicians cross-carpet frequently in their political lifetime, so whats the crime in Obi joining PDP? Thesame fools shouting now are thesame people accussing Obi of hobnobbing with the PDP in the center, same for Mimiko (the Iroko), so now that they have finally joined the PDP why the complain? since the APGA and LP under Obi and Mimiko share same political ideology, isnt it only logical they come together and join forces under one platform (umbrella) PDP.?

Obi is a man of ideas, a clever politician and loved by a lot people both within and outside Anambra state. i know his joining PDP portends even more danger to the oppositin Apeesh1t. His joining PDP is welcome development. Even if Governor Obiano decamps to PDP today, it will equally be a welcome development. Having a very strong two-party system (just like the American model of democracy) isnt a bad idea. The one-party states like APGA and LP should merge with the PDP to make it even stronger. Afterall in politics, nothing is permanent.

BRAVO Okwute. cool

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by RebelLeader15(m): 8:51am On Oct 08, 2014
eleko1:
Baba Alagbo jedi,e ma rora oooo
broda elete ponmo, a un kii yin ooo

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by kuljustiz(f): 9:21am On Oct 08, 2014
ITbomb:
See Orji talking about progress, hahahahaha

What a clown!
Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by AceVentura: 9:22am On Oct 08, 2014
Never underestimate anyone in this country. Senator Emma Anosike used to be a ball boy for my late father's sports club in O-Town. Now he's dining with the biggies in Nigerian politics.

Watch out & be nice to me now for you'll benefit from me tomorrow for the good of this country.

As for Peter Obi, he has the right to join any party.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by onatisi(m): 9:27am On Oct 08, 2014
obayaya:

But my annoyance is the fact that all the media houses used almost the same heading -- "Obi Joins PDP".

I hope Obi continues to be the man I believe he is and stay put in APGA
pdp is a party you can't ignore for long. Pdp is a party that meets the aspirations of a typical nigerian politicians . We have to understand that the politics been played in nigeria is a very corrupt one and noone among nigeria politicians is a saint. The political system is a system designed only to make crooks winners . Don't blame obi or any other politician that decamps to pdp, they can't beat the system so they have no choice but to join the system .every single politician and political party in nigeria is part of this system.
Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by nickxtra(m): 9:28am On Oct 08, 2014
Must everyone be a PDP member? Looking for short cuts to attain power by all means.
Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by tutaboi(m): 9:55am On Oct 08, 2014
redcliff:
Obi= wolf in sheep's clothing

We call it politics
Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by Omimah: 10:00am On Oct 08, 2014
The title of this thread is rather misleading, when the OP is read. When did the visitation by some members of PDP become the same thing as he joining the PDP? Top members of APC visited Obasanjo, IBB and Abdulsalam Abubakar, it never meant these past heads of state were joining APC.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by tutaboi(m): 10:01am On Oct 08, 2014
oneeast2:
Peter Obi is likely to take over from GEJ in 2019.. cool
Gbam!!! That just it,
A journey thousand miles starts with a step

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 08, 2014
lol....

Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by Ekiseme(m): 10:57am On Oct 08, 2014
Adaobi gbaa egwu gi ofuma o

GEJ till he gets tired of Aso rock cool
Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by Jenkizo: 11:51am On Oct 08, 2014
onatisi:
is that how people join political parties without an oral or written confirmation from the concerned politician? Somebody wrote he joined and you automatically term it as obi joining. Obi is a matured and experience politician and he knows what actions is required of him if he wants to join another political party ,until he does so he is still a member of apga .
Is that not how you people were busy defending Mimiko until he finally cleared your doubt. My brother, there is no morality in Nigerian politics afterall Jonathan assisted Obi in imposing Obiano as Anambra State Governor at the expense of Tony Nwoye his own PDP candidate. That was how APC manipulated out of the state no. 1 seat. Nigerians knew for long that Labour party and APGA are proxy of PDP
Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by onatisi(m): 11:58am On Oct 08, 2014
Jenkizo:
Is that not how you people were busy defending Mimiko until he finally cleared your doubt. My brother, there is no morality in Nigerian politics afterall Jonathan assisted Obi in imposing Obiano as Anambra State Governor at the expense of Tony Nwoye his own PDP candidate. That was how APC manipulated out of the state no. 1 seat. Nigerians knew for long that Labour party and APGA are proxy of PDP
I think u are quoting the wrong person . Read through all my comments on this thread and see what my position and opinion is on this matter .
Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by lixnd: 12:07pm On Oct 08, 2014
APGA + PDP = GEJ 2015
Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by oneeast2: 2:07pm On Oct 08, 2014
More pictures pouring in from the Onitsha resident of Peter Obi..

Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by oneeast2: 2:09pm On Oct 08, 2014
PDP actually sent their best eleven to go and woo this gentleman called Peter Obi.. cheesy

Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by oneeast2: 2:10pm On Oct 08, 2014
There is no permanent enemy in politics.. grin grin

Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 08, 2014
Is that not the ultra-corrupt Ifeanyi Uba that is in the last picture?

Lol......PDP,giving succour to all the Barabas in the political landscape!
Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by aviazuvazia: 2:42pm On Oct 08, 2014
A master stroke out of a master plan.
Even Ojukwu would approve this defection.

What Ojukwu could not achieve thruogh NPN, Obi may achieve through PDP
Let Obiano and Umeh continue to hold up APGA.
Obi is like a royal son sent on a royal errend by a people in need of a saviour.
Obi will be more effective at the national level than being a big fish in a small stream

Good Move

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by oneeast2: 2:44pm On Oct 08, 2014
With the entire region coming to woo just one man, an ex governor for that matter that means there is something big down the tunnel.. cool

aviazuvazia:
A master stroke out of a master plan.
Even Ojukwu would approve this defection.

What Ojukwu could not achieve thruogh NPN, Obi may achieve through PDP
Let Obiano and Umeh continue to hold up APGA.
Obi is like a royal son sent on a royal errend by a people in need of a saviour.
Obi will be more effective at the national level than being a big fish in a small stream

Good Move
Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by Eeser: 3:53pm On Oct 08, 2014
Wait a minute. Was there any moment in time that Peter Obi wasn't a member of the PDP?
Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 08, 2014
ITbomb:
See Orji talking about progress, hahahahaha

I tire oo! Did he say progress? Chineke eriela ariri.
Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by scorpio1(m): 4:30pm On Oct 08, 2014
To tell everyone the truth, if Peter Obi falls for this PDP ploy to entice him with his selfish side, his political career is done...Who is Peter obi in Anambra without APGA??...APGA is his only negotiating power, my brothers let me tell you the fact...Peter has lost it if he really joined PDP, there are so many vultures there that has suffered for the party, now he wants to leave where he is a leader to join where he will be a follower...the UBAH brothers will so deal with him.
And Peter obi is too stingy to spend the kind of cash used to form a political structure from the scratch or to break away an existing structure.
I pray he thinks twice and take his stand with APGA and commit to uplifting the party (even if it means working with PDP) at least that way he can still command followership.
Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by millionboi(m): 5:50pm On Oct 08, 2014
Mess of d century....Tufia a peter obi,....spirit of Ikemba wil com aftr u soon
Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by gfullmoon(m): 7:47pm On Oct 08, 2014
Since 2010 Mr Peter Obi became a Political Nichodemus-APGA by the day,PDP by the night. He just made it open to us!
Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by highmood(m): 11:11pm On Oct 08, 2014
oneeast2:
Peter Obi is likely to take over from GEJ in 2019.. cool
I kind of agree with u but I am looking at a situation whereby the middle belt would get the presidency before the southeast. But it is all good. He said he would rather be a competitor rather than a spectator. Peter obi have shown good leadership style. He worked diligently for the party till the very end. He helped APGA to win the seat of power in Anambra and made sure the party was not in crisis before leaving. He didn't cross carpet because it was an election time so he could use some political blackmail to bite the hands that fed him; he was simply sensible. He displayed to some party prostitutes that there is a need to be loyal to their party even when things are not working well. Well Obi have finished his job for APGA but I believe he still love the party, but then, the interest of his people- the igbos and Nigeria at large supercedes the interest of a party. Obi needs a platform where he would have the better opportunity to take his leadership prowess to a greater level. Obi is fit to be a president of Nigeria from the Igbo extraction and APGA cannot offer him that opportunity. PDP is fast enough to come to him else the opposition could come with anything possible to lure him to be theirs. So people from the southeast who expected Obi to have remained in APGA should not feel bad, the man means well for us and we ought not to complain but rather support him. Lets leave the complains to APGA Members who directly enjoys the gains, I mean money. But this does not stop APGA From taking over imo and abia next year. We should understand that APGA is simply the immediate younger brother to PDP.
Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by Cachez(m): 4:38pm On Oct 09, 2014
“I have always said that those in APGA leadership are trad­ers and they are there to trade with the party. All the bogey of ACN being Yoruba party and APGA be­ing an Igbo party has been laid to rest. The bottom has been knocked off by sudden and instantaneous defection of Obi to PDP.
I wish him luck.”- Chris Ngige.
Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by Gorgeous58(f): 11:16pm On Oct 09, 2014
They finally got to him
Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by Konquest: 10:36am On Oct 10, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Guy,I dont wanna hear that sshit!!!
I am ffucking pissed at this moment and Obi better have a good explanation for this.

^^^^^
^^^^^
Don't be pissed off man... I predict that Willie Obiano, the present Governor of Anambra like his mentor[Peter Obi]
and his entire cabinet will soon join PDP because I found it odd that APGA without shame would be
openly endorsing and campaigning for GEJ for 2015.

I will be sitting on the sandy beach sipping pina colada while watching things as they
unfold. cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Atiku Congratulates Joe Biden, Reveals Next Move / El-Rufai Warns Buhari In 30-Page Memo / Insecurity: Ugwuanyi Begins Clearing Of Bushes Used As Criminal Hideouts (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.