Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:32 AM

Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP (38207 Views)

Tele Ikuru, River State Dep. Governor Gets Grand Reception As He Joins PDP -Pics / Joseph Yobo Goes Into Politics, Joins PDP (photos) / BREAKING NEWS: Nuhu Ribadu Joins PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by Sunnybobo3(m): 6:37pm On Oct 07, 2014
Valentine Obienyem

The former Governor of Anambra State, Mr. Peter Obi today played host to who-is-who in the People's Democratic Party(PDP), in the South-East at his GRA Onitsha home Tuesday.

Led by the Deputy Senate President, Sen. Ike Ekwerumadu; Deputy Speaker, Hon. Emeka Ihedioha;  SGF, Sen. Pius Anyim Pius and the Chairman of the South-East  Governors' Forum, others in the entourage includes, the Governor of Akwa-Ibom State, Dr. Godswill Akpabio, Governor Elechi(rep) ;former Governor, Okwesilieze Nwodo,former Senate President, Adolphus Wabara,  Sen. Uche  Chukwumerije, Emma Anosike, Sen. Hope Uzodinma, Sen. Ben Obi, Sen. Igwe Paulinus, Kema Chikwe, Others are Hons. Ozongbachi, Offor Chukwuegbo, Uche Ekwunife, Chris Azobogu, Fort Dike, Jerry Alagboso, Toby Okechukwu, Kingsley Ebenyi, Onyechi Ezenwa, Ibechie, Eucharia Anazodo, Chuma Nzeribe, Princess Adaeze Oduah, Arua Arunsi, Egwuatu Cyril, Anayo Nebe, Col Usobundu, Ifeanyi Ubah. Members of the Federal EXCO were there: Emeka Nwogu, Prof. Chinedu Nebo, Osita Chidoka, Valarie Onwualili, among many others

On their mission, the National Chairman of the PDP,  Alhaji Adamu Muazu,  represented by the publicity Secretary, Olisa Metuh said the visit was as a result of the resolution by the entire South-East to pay him a visit and persuade him to join the PDP for  more meaningful contribution to national affairs. Olisa who said that PDP had never lost election in the East, but to Peter Obi as a person because of his integrity, forthrightness, hardwork, honesty, which had made the people to love him and to be willing to follow him at all times. Citing the recent joining of the PDP by Governor Mimiko, Mr. Metuh said  time was ripe for Obi to join.

Speaking, Gov. Akpabio agreed that the PDP always lost in Anambra because of Obi. He said he wished they met Obi before the governorship election in Anambra that PDP would have won. However, he said it was not late for him to join the PDP and work at the centre for the good of the country. He described Obi as a man of integrity, who comes out strongly on issues who would be an asset to the country at the centre. He called Obi and his wife to be proud of himself saying "If  some of your people do not believe in you, if we do not admire you, if they do not realize your potentials, we gathered here are telling you that Nigerians believe in you and admire you.

Speaking during the visit, the Governor of Abia State, Chief Theodore Orji said:  " We are here today to discuss to future and progress of the South-East geo-political zone with our brother Mr. Peter Obi, who was the immediate Governor of Anambra State.Having reviewed with him the state of the country and how it affects our people, we came to the conclusion that our interest in the country is better served when we remain together as brothers and sister under one party and speak with one voice, which Obi has championed over the years.We all agreed that politics globally is dynamic and changes from time to time. In Nigeria, for example, we have moved from regional parties to regional politics, which requires our people staying together and speaking with one voice. We in the East should do the same in the interest of our people.We therefore appealed to him to join the people’s Democratic Party (PDP), since that is the party majority of our people belong to. Further, Chief Orji said Obi was the type of person the PDP needed to move on because of his integrity and that it was not everybody that the leadership of an organization would be united in wooing him to join the party.  

Contributing, the Deputy Senate President, Hon. Ike Ekweremadu said Obi, even when in APGA, extended hands of friendship to everybody that would contribute to the development of Anambra State. He said that Obi's demonstration of leadership, integrity, his friendship with the President and commitment to Nigeria prompted them to come and appeal to him to join the PDP.

Also speaking, the Deputy Speaker, Hon. Emeka Ihedioha said the decision to come and appeal to Mr. Peter Obi to join the PDP was a collective one borne out of How importantly Nigerians take Mr. Obi.

The Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Sen. Anyim Pius Anyim, said he was optimistic the forum would end up convincing the Gov. to make definite pronouncement today. He said the delegation would not, in fact, leave his house until he joins."

Thereafter, the former Chairman of the PDP, Chief Okwesilieze Nwodo  in moving the motion for Obi to join them said: "in view of Mr. Obi's integrity, political sagacity, marvellous work in Anambra State, stabilizing influence on the Federal Government, we the leaders of the PDP move the motion that you are the one we are waiting for in the PDP.

The motion was seconded by the Minister of Works, Chief Emeka Nwogu, who said that Peter Obi was one good man the PDP needed for his utility not just to the President, but to the country at large.  

Mrs Kema Chikwe, speaking on behalf of  woman said Obi was like the  woman having an affair, and begot children, and that the event of today was akin to his mistress coming with his children to ask for the legalization of the marriage. He described Obi as sharing the same vision of a prosperous country with the PDP and that we would contribute more to Nigeria by joining a national party

The former Governor, Mr. Peter Obi, who was  called upon to respond to the request by Sen. Ben Obi, said he was humbled by the visit thus: "I most sincerely appreciate this visit by people I consider as important political leaders from the South-East. I thank you for your continued belief and commitment to the welfare of our people and the progress of our country.

I have in the past worked closely with all of you and you know my belief about our zone working together. I assure you that we will continue to work even closer as a team in the interest of our people. Regarding your visit of today, let me assure you that I heard your kind and passionate requests and that your journey would not be in vain but  in the best interest of our people. 

Further Obi said the issue of joining a National party is not about happening in APGA, but because of the need to be a competitor and not a spectator in national affairs.

Finally, after protracted request that he be given time to get back to them and the insistence of the forum that time was of essence, he joined.

Taking unawares by the number of people that flooded to Obi's house, canopies were hurriedly set up to accommodate them. One of Obi's aides said they thought it was just a visit by a few PDP members as their oga told them but were surprised that it turned out to be a carnival.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by Sunnybobo3(m): 6:39pm On Oct 07, 2014

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by Nobody: 6:42pm On Oct 07, 2014
If Peter Obi publicly declares his defection to PDP, then it is only a matter of time before Anambra state goes to PDP.
APGA just can not survivie without Obi. Forget about Umeh.

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by redcliff: 6:44pm On Oct 07, 2014
Obi= wolf in sheep's clothing

14 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by ITbomb(m): 6:50pm On Oct 07, 2014
See Orji talking about progress, hahahahaha

Speaking during the visit, the Governor of Abia State, Chief Theodore Orji said: " We are here today to discuss to future and progress of the South-East geo-political zone with our brother Mr. Peter Obi

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 07, 2014
Bye bye to APGA*modified* Ojukwu party is gone but its members still lives on.

6 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 07, 2014
Very sour news to me but its just about interest.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by pelvicky(m): 6:57pm On Oct 07, 2014
All this small small parties should merge with PDP jare...i mean LP,APGA etc.

Meanwhile GEJ till eternity

16 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by oneeast2: 7:01pm On Oct 07, 2014
Peter Obi is likely to take over from GEJ in 2019.. cool

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by modhream: 7:08pm On Oct 07, 2014
@OP,I didn't see anywhere he declared for the PDP in that report.He,in fact maintained the same stance he'd always ever since PDP started wooing him even while a Governor,that of everyone in the region working together regardless of political persuasion.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by CNNg: 7:12pm On Oct 07, 2014
Smart move from the smart, business-minded politician. Politics is business, no friendship, no permanent enemies. Peter Obi, as far as I'm concerned, is still a backroom member of APGA. He just joined the PDP to further his political career.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by Civory(m): 7:14pm On Oct 07, 2014
This news is quite unfortunate! Tragic! Tragic!!

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by Nobody: 7:14pm On Oct 07, 2014
I don't know which Obi but the Peter Óbi that I know has always been a PDP mÀn since 2010 after his reelection.

25 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by Nempi(m): 7:17pm On Oct 07, 2014
Goodluck to Anambra. When Rochas called APGA a sociocultural group,only few of us understood.
What am I seeing My first comment on NL lands me on fp. Mebirim Ikechukwu,koko,oboy,onyewotu,macwillson,Ane meskelembe please meet me at nna B cool cool cool cool

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by PrinceAkbabio(m): 7:20pm On Oct 07, 2014
They r gradually joining d moving wagon...#GEJ2019...

9 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by sammy329(m): 7:21pm On Oct 07, 2014
thenationonlineng.net/new/ex-anambra-governor-obi-joins-pdp/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by omenka(m): 7:22pm On Oct 07, 2014
Whatever floats his goats. None of my business.

PDP be like: "come to me all ye who are corrupt and court cases laden, and I shall give you rest".

75 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by onatisi(m): 7:25pm On Oct 07, 2014
@op,the mere fact that a political party visits you doesn't mean that you have joined their party. The apc visited obj sometime ago does that mean that obj has joined apc? Secondly this news has no verifiable source ,it is more or less like rumour,it would have been a different case if u wrote it there that obi declares that he is joining pdp ,but that isn't in the report you posted . It is a common knowledge that obi will eventually join the pdp but he hasn't joined .

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by ferdsmart(m): 7:27pm On Oct 07, 2014
fp
Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by Sunnybobo3(m): 7:28pm On Oct 07, 2014
onatisi:
@op,the mere fact that a political party visits you doesn't mean that you have joined their party. The apc visited obj sometime ago does that mean that obj has joined apc? Secondly this news has no verifiable source ,it is more or less like rumour,it would have been a different case if u wrote it there that obi declares that he is joining pdp ,but that isn't in the report you posted . It is a common knowledge that obi will eventually join the pdp but he hasn't joined .

Read through before commenting. Shalom

14 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by Henryjr(m): 7:28pm On Oct 07, 2014
Welcome to Noah's Boat bro, winning is our tradition there

6 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by Sunnybobo3(m): 7:29pm On Oct 07, 2014
omenka:
Whatever floats his goats. None of my business.

PDP be like: "come to me all ye who are corrupt and court cases laden, and I shall give you rest".

Janjaweeed alert! !

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by onatisi(m): 7:31pm On Oct 07, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

point out the portion in the write up where obi said he has joined pdp

6 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by Nobody: 7:33pm On Oct 07, 2014
Thought he said he was quitting politics
Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by Idumose(m): 7:43pm On Oct 07, 2014
ITbomb:
See Orji talking about progress, hahahahaha

grin gringrin gringrin gringrin grin
grin gringrin gringrin gringrin grin

16 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by philantoxx(m): 7:55pm On Oct 07, 2014
he has been an ally 4 a long while

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by ideycraze: 7:58pm On Oct 07, 2014
PDP is becoming stronger but
unfortunately the opposition are
becoming weaker.
This is not good for our democracy

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by modhream: 8:00pm On Oct 07, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

onatisi:
point out the portion in the write up where obi said he has joined pdp
Was about saying the same thing.PDP mustn't attach by force,Anambra is APGA all the way especially as pertain the forthcoming legislative elections,which is what this visit is all about.
Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by vanbonattel: 8:00pm On Oct 07, 2014
After killing awka he left fi dee fii grin

7 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by obayaya(m): 8:02pm On Oct 07, 2014
Misleading Topic!!!

Where in the article was it said that He joined PDP?

PDP Caucus Paid him a visit to persuade him to join. And he hasn't replied

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by vanbonattel: 8:04pm On Oct 07, 2014
So many a abandon road and the man should be locked up now

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by focus7: 8:06pm On Oct 07, 2014
RIP, apga finally goes to grave.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari And Osinbajo In A Meeting With Service Chiefs Today / Kanayo O. Kanayo Blasts Reno Omokri For Mocking Peter Obi Over Mr Ibru / Timipre Sylva Criticized For Landing At Bayelsa Airport He Claimed Never Exist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.