Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,646 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP (38230 Views)

Tele Ikuru, River State Dep. Governor Gets Grand Reception As He Joins PDP -Pics / Joseph Yobo Goes Into Politics, Joins PDP (photos) / BREAKING NEWS: Nuhu Ribadu Joins PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by EmmyBoy2(m): 8:09pm On Oct 07, 2014
Nempi:
Goodluck to Anambra. When Rochas called APGA a sociocultural group,only few of us understood.
grin
Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by 9inches(m): 8:10pm On Oct 07, 2014
This number of people coming on behalf of the pdp to woo him simply shows his worth, no doubt. Okwute ndi Igbo 1!

Sunnybobo3:

Mrs Kema Chikwe, speaking on behalf of  woman said Obi was like the  woman having an affair, and begot children, and that the event of today was akin to his mistress coming with his children to ask for the legalization of the marriage.

cheesy cheesy grin

Meanwhile, Peter it's time to change those shoes.. Obi big shoe! grin
Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by OdenigboAroli(m): 8:11pm On Oct 07, 2014
BuddahMonk:
Very sour news to me but its just about interest.

I dont like this move but then againg look at the entourage that was sent to persuade him....very powerful. I has always maintained he will remain in Apga. Now, I dont know what went wrong .
This is very humiliating to me!

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by vanbonattel: 8:12pm On Oct 07, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

I dont like this move but then againg look at the entourage that was sent to persuade him....very powerful. I has always maintained he will remain in Apga. Now, I dont know what went wrong .
This is very humiliating to me!

The main humiliating ting is allowing Pete obi to rule you for eight years?
Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by OdenigboAroli(m): 8:13pm On Oct 07, 2014
oneeast2:
Peter Obi is likely to take over from GEJ in 2019.. cool

Guy,I dont wanna hear that sshit!!!
I am ffucking pissed at this moment and Obi better have a good explanation for this.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by Ngwakwe: 8:15pm On Oct 07, 2014
Brood of Vipers that have sold their souls and that of kinsmen to the Devil.

I am sure they travelled by Air as I can't see the justification for asking Peter Obi to join a team who has no sympathy for their people aside their pockets after experience the agony South Easterners go through on daily basis.

All federal roads in South East are death traps as we speak especially in Abia State and these zombies are here canvassing for membership to a cult group instead of seeking for solution to the Region's under-development.

Shame on all of you.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by OdenigboAroli(m): 8:15pm On Oct 07, 2014
vanbonattel:

The main humiliating ting is allowing Pete obi to rule you for eight years?

Nigga,ffuck off...enwe!
Chief Obi,regardless of his political move remain the main that brought succor to Anambra.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by onatisi(m): 8:17pm On Oct 07, 2014
obayaya:
Misleading Topic!!!

Where in the article was it said that He joined PDP?

PDP Caucus Paid him a visit to persuade him to join. And he hasn't replied
I raised this point earlier. Most posters on nairaland only read the topic heading and never bother to read the whole article. There is no where in this article where obi said he is joining pdp

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by vanbonattel: 8:21pm On Oct 07, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Nigga,ffuck off...enwe!
Chief Obi,regardless of his political move remain the main that brought succor to Anambra.

he brought succour in refuse bags tongue
Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by 9inches(m): 8:21pm On Oct 07, 2014
Obi's political decisions have always been for the good of ndi Anambra, nay ndigbo. He is equally a good patriot and not known to be selfish in his dealings.. so whatever his decision becomes, I am always convinced it is a good one that will benefit us all.

Meanwhile, my mind tells me pdp wants to front him either as a flag-bearer for a 'very high office' or as a master strategist for the party to retain the presidential seat come next year; and it only makes sense he joins the only party that is large enough to guarantee that.

Lastly, he is not our typical politician bereft of integrity. He has a mind of his own and is strong willed.

I say Goodluck to PDP, have Patience APGA!

Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by OdenigboAroli(m): 8:22pm On Oct 07, 2014
onatisi:
I raised this point earlier. Most posters on nairaland only read the topic heading and never bother to read the whole article. There is no where in this article where obi said he is joining pdp

Yea,he hasnt made a formal announcement in respect but I am watching him in 4D!
They literally pulled all the Political bigwigs in Igboland to basically force him to join.
I dont like that because its just like your whole Umunna begging you to join their meeting and if you refuse it will appear rude.
Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by OdenigboAroli(m): 8:26pm On Oct 07, 2014
9inches:
Obi's political decisions have always been for the good of ndi Anambra, nay ndigbo. He is equally a good patriot and not known to be selfish in his dealings.. so whatever his decision becomes, I am always convinced it is a good one that will benefit us all.

Meanwhile, my mind tells me pdp wants to front him either as a flag-bearer for a 'very high office' or as a master strategist for the party to retain the presidential seat come next year; and it only makes sense he joins the only party that is large enough to guarantee that.

Lastly, he is not our typical politician bereft of integrity. He has a mind of his own and is strong willed.

I say Goodluck to PDP, have Patience APGA!

Obi doesnt have to join PDP in order to effect change in Nigeria/southeast.
He was an Apga member when he served in GEJ economic team,by recommendations from Okonjo. So,what changed?
I dont like this piece of news!
Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by Nobody: 8:30pm On Oct 07, 2014
i hope they are not doing to him what he did to Soludo - lure him into the party, destroy him politically.
in fact i strongly suspect that this is their plan, since Obi has been the "moral core" of Anambra state so far.
that is the devils advocate in me thinking out loud...

on the contrary, it might be a step in the direction of crowing him the political leader of SE zone, hence one more piece in the jigsaw puzzle of being elevated to a national position moved into place.

i love politics. Gov Obiano (after Obi joins them) should watch his back though, 'cos these PDP guys take no prisoners.
Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by 9inches(m): 8:34pm On Oct 07, 2014
Vessi:
If Peter Obi publicly declares his defection to PDP, then it is only a matter of time before Anambra state goes to PDP.
APGA just can not survive without Obi. Forget about Umeh.

True, except he will be going back to apga, maybe after delivering whatever assignment he is given in pdp. He must have discussed that with apga as I heard he went into a closed-door meeting with Umeh and Obiano just a few days back.
Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by 9inches(m): 8:57pm On Oct 07, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Obi doesnt have to join PDP in order to effect change in Nigeria/southeast.
He was an Apga member when he served in GEJ economic team,by recommendations from Okonjo. So,what changed?
I dont like this piece of news!

But you know that his serving capacity will be limited by him being from an opposition party. If the pdp as a party has'nt been as corrupt as it is, we would not be detesting them. Imagine a him going in there and bringing positive change in the party's dealings, who knows.. He fought bad eggs and sanitized Anambra state, God being by his side, he can achieve same feat with PDP. Truth be told, if he is to gun for president tomorrow, APGA as it is cannot deliver him.

Everyone has his/her own reasons, but I pitched tent with apga because of Obi, and not vice versa. So I will still be a fan of his as long as I am convinced his motives and actions are bringing the dividends we seek, no matter the party he's with.
Nwanne, onwerokwanu ife ozo ana-acho n'ike oku.
Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by JEITO: 9:00pm On Oct 07, 2014
Mimiko and Peter Obi don enter under the umbrella.

Next in line is Willie Obiano. But I pity for those wey rain go beat afta apc primaries; chai!! Na agglutinin go catch them.

The umbrella is open and big enough to carry even 200million people.
What are you still waiting for? Shey u dey enjoy the rain ni

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by akumada1: 9:05pm On Oct 07, 2014
Ministerial slot for him
Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by onatisi(m): 9:07pm On Oct 07, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Yea,he hasnt made a formal announcement in respect but I am watching him in 4D!
They literally pulled all the Political bigwigs in Igboland to basically force him to join.
I dont like that because its just like your whole Umunna begging you to join their meeting and if you refuse it will appear rude.
sooner or later he will join pdp ,it is just a matter of time . The truth is there is no better alternative to pdp at the moment . And this is a fact nigerian politicians have come to realise
Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by OdenigboAroli(m): 9:18pm On Oct 07, 2014
9inches:

But you know that his serving capacity will be limited by him being from an opposition party. If the pdp as a party has'nt been as corrupt as it is, we would not be detesting them. Imagine a him going in there and bringing positive change in the party's dealings, who knows.. He fought bad eggs and sanitized Anambra state, God being by his side, he can achieve same feat with PDP. Truth be told, if he is to gun for president tomorrow, APGA as it is cannot deliver him.

Everyone has his/her own reasons, but I pitched tent with apga because of Obi, and not vice versa. So I will still be a fan of his as long as I am convinced his motives and actions are bringing the dividends we seek, no matter the party he's with.
Nwanne, onwerokwanu ife ozo ana-acho n'ike oku.

Truth bro,he made Apga endearing to Anambrarians,mostly.
I was just hoping he do be able to expand the party to southsouth and middlebelt and maybe gather enough strength to contest for the post of President. I guess I am wrong.
However,I will advice him to do a wide range consultations with with Apga stalwarts before declaring his switch.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by abagoro(m): 9:27pm On Oct 07, 2014
JEITO:
Mimiko and Peter Obi don enter under the umbrella.

Next in line is Willie Obiano. But I pity for those wey rain go beat afta apc primaries; chai!! Na agglutinin go catch them.

The umbrella is open and big enough to carry even 200million people.
What are you still waiting for? Shey u dey enjoy the rain ni

I've written earlier that Obiano acts like a progressive more than PDP. I rather foresee him joinng APC or another party that supports good governance.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by 100Cents: 9:29pm On Oct 07, 2014
No wonder, Akpabio's convoy just dey block road today and they closed late self.
Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by 100Cents: 9:45pm On Oct 07, 2014
modhream:
@OP,I didn't see anywhere he declared for the PDP in that report.He,in fact maintained the same stance he'd always ever since PDP started wooing him even while a Governor,that of everyone in the region working together regardless of political persuasion.

O boy, according to the report, they refused to leave his house till he joined.

The convoys that passed on their way going in the morning are just returning now...

No be hearsay...
Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:48pm On Oct 07, 2014
onatisi:
point out the portion in the write up where obi said he has joined pdp

"Finally, after protracted request that he be given time to get back to them and the insistence of the forum that time was of essence, he joined."

Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by OdenigboAroli(m): 9:52pm On Oct 07, 2014
abagoro:

I've written earlier that Obiano acts like a progressive more than PDP. I rather foresee him joinng APC or another party that supports good governance.

Ogogoro at work!

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by Nobody: 9:52pm On Oct 07, 2014
they must have made him an offer he couldn't refuse.
politics, sweet stuff.
never offer to die for any politician.
odenigbo aroli nwanne, i hear your cries.
it is well...
Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by onatisi(m): 10:02pm On Oct 07, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

"Finally, after protracted request that he be given time to get back to them and the insistence of the forum that time was of essence, he joined."
is that how people join political parties without an oral or written confirmation from the concerned politician? Somebody wrote he joined and you automatically term it as obi joining. Obi is a matured and experience politician and he knows what actions is required of him if he wants to join another political party ,until he does so he is still a member of apga .
Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by buoye1(m): 10:07pm On Oct 07, 2014
Na normal thing 4 here so...its no more a news!!!if ribadu could join pdp..sooooo?
Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by Nobody: 10:07pm On Oct 07, 2014
me sef go soon announce my defection to my new party very soon.

D event go take place at one of d tinubu's estates but I no go mention the name of the party yet.
Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by eleko1: 10:09pm On Oct 07, 2014
Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by san316(m): 10:13pm On Oct 07, 2014
Very soön, the remaining part of APGA will soon join pdp. I knew Anambra was a pdp state since the last governorshp election.
Re: Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP by JEITO: 10:13pm On Oct 07, 2014
abagoro:

pls wat makes APC a progressive? Is it becos of the P in her name? Cos I don't see anytin progressive about the ideologies of the party.

Talking about good governance, do you mean PDP doesn't support good governance? Have you ever heard the manifesto of APC as a party? All we hear is that they want to do all to dethrone PDP in 2015 but they never tell you what they'll do to better the nation.

It is not enough promising to better lives, tell us how you intend to do it.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Police Reveal Next Move After Dino Melaye Surrenders / Why Peter Obi May Become Nigeria’s President By Default - Kperogi / Arrogant Wike Thinks PDP Can't Win Osun Without Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.