Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Reverend King To Be Hanged In Kaduna - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Reverend King To Be Hanged In Kaduna (2610 Views)

4 Convicts Hanged In Edo / DELSU Worker To Be Hanged For Killing Student / Four Nigerians Saved From Being Hanged In Malaysia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reverend King To Be Hanged In Kaduna by whatever90(f): 3:42pm On Nov 10, 2008

Should the appeal filed by the self-proclaimed Jesus of our time, Reverend Chukwuemeka Ezeugo, a.k.a. Rev. King, against the death sentence passed on him by a Lagos High Court fail, the hangman’s noose is already waiting for him at the Kaduna prisons.

Authoritative prisons sources in Abuja, confirmed to P.M.News, this morning, that Rev. King, founder of Christian Praying Assembly (CPA), is to be transferred from Kuje prison, Abuja, to Kaduna prison, “because it is the only prison with a functional execution gallow in the country”.

The officials said they were moving Rev. King to Kaduna so that he could face the maximum punishment if his appeal failed in the court. Prisons officials at Kuje said thousands of members of his church have thronged the prison to see him for miracles and blessing.

P.M.News gathered that some members of his church sometimes wait for days to see him.

-cover-7-november-20.jpg

This, it was learnt, made the prison authorities to ban him from praying or conducting prayer sessions in prison.

Hearing in his appeal, which has started at the Appeal Court, will continue on 19 November.

On Thursday, 11 January, 2007, Rev. King was sentenced to death by hanging and 100 years imprisonment by an Ikeja High Court, presided by Justice Olubunmi Oyewole, for spraying six members of his congregation with petrol and setting them ablaze. This led to the death of one of his members, Ann Uzor.

Trouble started when Rev. King became suspicious of one of his members, believed to be one of his sex slaves, Ann Uzor. He was said to have accused her of being unfaithful to him and set her ablaze to serve as punishment.

King was also accused of inhuman treatment, including flogging of his church members and causing them to pay an average of N25,000 when they disturbed church proceedings. He was also said to have hypnotised members of his congregation who saw him as the saviour, and worshipped him.

Reading his judgement, Justice Olubunmi Oyewole stated:” I have considered the entire circumstance of this case. Religious fundamentalism of the basest type that gave rise to the offences for which the accused was found guilty has never done the society any good.

“The variant demonstrated by the accused is a throw-back to the dark ages and an assault to the gains attained by humanity in the area of respect for human dignity, freedom and liberty.”

King, who claimed he was not afraid to die, said it was a privilege. He was recently transferred to Kuje Prisons, Abuja, from the Kirikiri Maximum Prisons, in Lagos, where he was alleged to have continued to organise prayer sessions for his members.

http://nm.onlinenigeria.com/templates/?a=13976&z=10

this should have been done since undecided

Re: Reverend King To Be Hanged In Kaduna by Nobody: 1:14pm On Nov 11, 2008
at last!! the guy is soo evil. if he'd been given a life sentence i'm sure he'd have escaped. he's bold now. his liver will fail when he sees the gallows.

if the gallows around here are bad, they can always use the firing squad. Late Ann's family will volunteer to clean up the mess, i'm sure. angry angry angry. or take him to a sharia executioner to have him decapitated. or just douse him with petrol, give him tyres to carry, set a match and get it over with angry angry

meanwhile, how much does a brand new gallow cost sef? grin grin grin less than a bullet proof, tinted, over priced car i'll bet undecided undecided
Re: Reverend King To Be Hanged In Kaduna by MrCrackles(m): 1:17pm On Nov 11, 2008
good news grin
Re: Reverend King To Be Hanged In Kaduna by babat2000: 6:33pm On Nov 13, 2008
Rev king is not a person to mourn again,however he suppose to have died since but,God has given him the grace of repentance since.
Re: Reverend King To Be Hanged In Kaduna by geolabious(m): 11:39am On Nov 18, 2008
whatever90:

http://nm.onlinenigeria.com/templates/?a=13976&z=10

this should have been done since undecided
[size=13pt]His he ur pastor[/size]
Re: Reverend King To Be Hanged In Kaduna by babat2000: 7:41pm On Nov 18, 2008
He is not my pastor but he is a human being.
Re: Reverend King To Be Hanged In Kaduna by geolabious(m): 9:05pm On Nov 18, 2008
babat2000:

He is not my pastor but he is a human being.
[size=13pt]Then Why are u worried abt this idiot[/size]
Re: Reverend King To Be Hanged In Kaduna by babat2000: 11:45am On Nov 20, 2008
This man you are too concern about this man, wont you leave the soul to prepare to rest in peace .Pls discuss another issue forget Rev Kinng.
Re: Reverend King To Be Hanged In Kaduna by spikedcylinder: 6:06pm On Nov 20, 2008
iceblue:

at last!! the guy is soo evil. if he'd been given a life sentence i'm sure he'd have escaped. he's bold now. his liver will fail when he sees the gallows.

if the gallows around here are bad, they can always use the firing squad. Late Ann's family will volunteer to clean up the mess, i'm sure. angry angry angry. or take him to a sharia executioner to have him decapitated. or just douse him with petrol, give him tyres to carry, set a match and get it over with angry angry

meanwhile, how much does a brand new gallow cost sef? grin grin grin less than a bullet proof, tinted, over priced car i'll bet undecided undecided

Kai! You really mean am o! grin
Re: Reverend King To Be Hanged In Kaduna by Seun(m): 6:09pm On Nov 20, 2008
He killed people, so I guess I can't complain, even though I oppose the death penalty in developing countries.
Re: Reverend King To Be Hanged In Kaduna by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jan 02, 2009
Human life is sacred. It is sad and unfortunate that this pastor person caused the death of a human being. But when we take his own life in order to punish him, we (by this I mean the state) then become no better than the pastor we are putting to death, because we too will be taking a human life.

To my mind, taking a human life is always wrong, and two wrongs do not make a right. I do not support the death penalty whatsoever, especially in a place like Nigeria where the likelihood of a miscarriage of justice is very real. Death is final. There is no reprieve from it, if for instance, after a man is convicted of a crime he is found later to have been wrongly convicted. If this man has already been executed by then, we would have taken an innocent man's life and would have the impossible task of explaining this to the dead man's relatives. The way I see it, it is better for a hundred guilty people to escape the death penalty than for one inncoent person to lose his life wrongly. And in any legal system where the death penalty is in operation, it is inevitable that innocent people will get caught up sooner or later.

We did not create life. We should have no right to take it away, even as punishment for the killing of another human being.
Re: Reverend King To Be Hanged In Kaduna by bronxdog: 4:56pm On Jan 02, 2009
Even your so called America is still barbaric and they still shoot thieving niggers and kill them thru lethal injection - so, big deal, if King is guilty as charged, then, let the nigger roast in hell for the ding dong souls of the niggers he killed. word!
Re: Reverend King To Be Hanged In Kaduna by JJYOU: 4:58pm On Jan 02, 2009
evil

(1) (Reply)

Boy 11, And His Mother Arrested After He 'raped His 6-year-old Sister' / Teen Girl And Two Others Shot Dead While Filming A Crate Challenge Video . / Man Allegedly Caught After Sneaking Into Medical Ward To Have Sex With Sick Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.