Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,934 members, 7,952,768 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:36 PM

UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child - Family (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child (85920 Views)

Uk-based Wife Disrupts Wedding Between Her Husband & New Wife - pics / Italian Based Nigerian Stranded In The Village As Ladies Refuse To Marry Him / How Do You Cope With BAD Nigerian Mother-in-law ?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 17, 2014
SirShymex:
Lmao...I knew it was just a casual relationship. However, I still don't know why these chics always get pregnant, to be honest. That was the same way some any chic that wasn't even my gf told me she was pregnant with my baby when I was 19. GTFOHWTBS!! grin I just ran away from Uni till she found her baby's real dad.

Anyway, that's no excuse for what ya mum did, bruv. Put ya mum in check next time, else she might not be lucky. They don't joke with minors out here.

You didn't have s*ex education at school? tongue tongue

6 Likes

Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 17, 2014
After reading the article, even though full of excuses, I feel a little bit for the father of the child.
I also feel for the mother and most of all the child. sad
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 4:08pm On Oct 17, 2014
Stillfire:

During her stay, things did not pan out well as my mother observed a lot of traits and behavioural patterns that could be of potential harm to the proper development of Liya. For good reasons, confidential information would not be disclosed here, but there is adequate evidence to prove our genuine concern for Liya’s welfare and wellbeing in the UK. Social Services were also involved and would know best. As a result of the potential risks to Liya’s welfare and wellbeing discovered, I granted my mother Power of Attorney to act on my behalf with matters regarding the welfare of Liya as I was not happy with the situation at hand and the best outcome was for Liya to be brought to Nigeria. Ronke’s family was informed that same day Liya arrived Nigeria including our exact location. Putting up that Instagram post on missing child was not called for, as they were duly informed. It seemed like a deliberate act to sabotage the good name of my family and indirectly hurt my mother.

Kidnap is a harsh allegation and it was uncalled for in this regards. The blogs and messages were put up to generate undue sympathy and rage. They were too erratic. She remained in contact with Liya too, therefore I do not understand her claims of not being allowed to speak with Liya.

http://www.bellanaija.com/2014/10/16/exclusive-izuchukwu-ehiemere-father-of-alleged-kidnapped-by-grandma-2-year-old-nigerian-uk-girl-tells-bn-his-side-of-the-story/

Are we supposed to be bamboozled by the use of big words? You gave your mother power of attorney to kidnap another person's child? That was never your right to transfer to another person in the first place. And no, the word kidnap is not harsh at all.
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 4:54pm On Oct 17, 2014
carefreewannabe:

You didn't have s*ex education at school? tongue tongue

Back to old habits, are we? undecided

I'm sure you saw the context in which I asked the question - casual relationship a la se.x without benefits. And moreover, contraceptives are free out here. So, if you're still a kid, with no plans, there's absolutely no point getting pregnant just because you can. Tired of seeing babies having babies and pushing prams everywhere.

I'd wager that the chic got pregnant intentionally. I know how these chics operate. grin And make sure you learn from this, educate ya friends, and help save the black family structure.

Shalom!
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 5:04pm On Oct 17, 2014
SirShymex:

Back to old habits, are we? undecided

I'm sure you saw the context in which I asked the question - casual relationship a la se.x without benefits. And moreover, contraceptives are free out here. So, if you're still a kid, with no plans, there's absolutely no point getting pregnant just because you can. Tired of seeing babies having babies and pushing prams everywhere.

I'd wager that the chic got pregnant intentionally. I know how these chics operate. grin And make sure you learn from this, educate ya friends, and help save the black family structure.

Shalom!

You wrote

SirShymex:
Lmao...I knew it was just a casual relationship. However, I still don't know why these chics always get pregnant, to be honest. That was the same way some any chic that wasn't even my gf told me she was pregnant with my baby when I was 19. GTFOHWTBS!! grin I just ran away from Uni till she found her baby's real dad.

Anyway, that's no excuse for what ya mum did, bruv. Put ya mum in check next time, else she might not be lucky. They don't joke with minors out here.

Do they get pregnant by themselves?

Why the double standards Shymex?

4 Likes

Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 5:10pm On Oct 17, 2014
carefreewannabe:

You wrote

Do they get pregnant by themselves?

Why the double standards Shymex?

If a guy isn't planning to start a family with you, and it's just a casual relationship for se.x and normal frienship, with no future. There's an unwritten rule about not getting pregnant. Hence most chics in this space always have either implant, or iinjection contraceptives, to prevent pregnancy.

She broke the unwritten code/rule. And that's an unacceptable/irresponsible behaviour, especially when it involves an innocent child. You just can't do that.
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 5:15pm On Oct 17, 2014
SirShymex:

If a guy isn't planning to start a family with you, and it's just a casual relationship for se.x and normal frienship, with no future. There's an unwritten rule about not getting pregnant. Hence most chics in this space always have either implant, or iinjection contraceptives, to prevent pregnancy.

Why don't you use condoms if it is not a serious relationship?
Is an unwanted pregnancy your only concern? What about STDs?

She broke the unwritten code/rule. And that's an unacceptable/irresponsible behaviour, especially when it involves an innocent child. You just can't do that.

You can use condoms to prevent such an unwanted pregnancy.
It is also irresponsible to trust a casual fling, regarding a possible pregnancy and potential STDs.

By the way, I didn't know that contraception is the sole responsibility of the woman.

8 Likes

Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 6:31pm On Oct 17, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Why don't you use condoms if it is not a serious relationship?
Is an unwanted pregnancy your only concern? What about STDs?

You can use condoms to prevent such an unwanted pregnancy.
It is also irresponsible to trust a casual fling, regarding a possible pregnancy and potential STDs.

By the way, I didn't know that contraception is the sole responsibility of the woman.

I honestly don't know why you're trying to trifle a trifle. And I'm sure you know condoms aren't 100% reliable and, they do break. Especially since most men don't know how to wear them properly.

Evidently, to control that, and whatever lapses on the guy's part, the chic also has to play her role and ensure that the unwanted is prevented, by doing the right thing. It is just common sense. Most chics who are sexually active, and not ready for kids, do this all the time.
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 17, 2014
SirShymex:

I honestly don't know why you're trying to trifle a trifle. And I'm sure you know condoms aren't 100% reliable and, they do break. Especially since most men don't know how to wear them properly.

When used correctly, condoms are 98 % effective.
If someone is too stvpid to use condoms correctly, he should not have s*ex.

Evidently, to control that, and whatever lapses on the guy's part, the chic also has to play her role and ensure that the unwanted is prevented, by doing the right thing. It is just common sense. Most chics who are sexually active, and not ready for kids, do this all the time.

I have never said that women don't have to play their roles.
It's just that you forget the man's role.

7 Likes

Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 7:50pm On Oct 17, 2014
carefreewannabe:

When used correctly, condoms are 98 % effective.
If someone is too stvpid to use condoms correctly, he should not have s*ex.

I have never said that women don't have to play their roles.
It's just that you forget the man's role.

Well, "correctly" is the keyword there. And you'd be shocked that a lot of guys don't know how to do that. Thus reducing the effectiveness, and more reason why the chics involved shouldn't take chances.

To buttress my point: there was a thread on here a few weeks ago, about Uganda men complaining about condoms being too small for them. That shows how ignorant and uneducated most are about condoms. And the comments on the thread were just as ignorant, as the complaint. Normal condoms can't be too small for people, unless your manhood is bigger than your thighs. And the problem lies with the inability of these folks to wear it properly, or lack of education on how to wear condoms. Invariably, it is the same with everywhere else. Hence condoms break all the time.

You can tell a guy not to have se.x lol. However, the buck stops with women folks, because they have more control over it than men. And they also bear all the pains that come with it. Men also need to play their part, regardless.
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 7:56pm On Oct 17, 2014
SirShymex:

Well, "correctly" is the keyword there. And you'd be shocked that a lot of guys don't know how to do that. Thus reducing the effectiveness, and more reason why the chics involved shouldn't take chances.

I have never said that women should not take responsibility.

To buttress my point: there was a thread on here a few weeks ago, about Uganda men complaining about condoms being too small for them. That shows how ignorant and uneducated most are about condoms. And the comments on the thread were just as ignorant, as the complaint. Normal condoms can't be too small for people, unless your manhood is bigger than your thighs. And the problem lies with the inability of these folks to wear it properly, or lack of education on how to wear condoms. Invariably, it is the same with everywhere else. Hence condoms break all the time.

It is not the same everywhere.
I remember this thread and I must say that the amount of ignorance displayed there can only be found on a thread from a developing country.

However, I think that it would be more helpful to urge both, men AND women, to take responsibility.

There is absolutely no reason why men should not do it, but you always put the blame on women and this not only when it comes to contraceptives.
Double standards are very dangerous when it comes to unwanted pregnancies and STDs as we can see.

4 Likes

Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 8:06pm On Oct 17, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I have never said that women should not take responsibility.

It is not the same everywhere.
I remember this thread and I must say that the amount of ignorance displayed there can only be found on a thread from a developing country.

However, I think that it would be more helpful to urge both, men AND women, to take responsibility.

There is absolutely no reason why men should not do it, but you always put the blame on women and this not only when it comes to contraceptives.
Double standards are very dangerous when it comes to unwanted pregnancies and STDs as we can see.

That is what it sounds like to me - perpetual excuses for women folks. And blaming the big bad black man, the one you love to hate, and the source of all ya problems lol.

Ever done any studies on risk analysis?
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 17, 2014
SirShymex:

That is what it sounds like to me - perpetual excuses for women folks. And blaming the big bad black man, the one you love to hate, and the source of all ya problems lol.

Ever done any studies on risk analysis?

I am not blaming anyone. I am just saying that both, men and women, should be responsible when it comes to s*ex.
I see no reason why only one person should take precautions when it comes to unwanted pregnancies and STDs.

It is actually very irresponsible to give all control over such important matters to others, especially to casual flings.

5 Likes

Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 9:39pm On Oct 17, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I am not blaming anyone. I am just saying that both, men and women, should be responsible when it comes to s*ex.
I see no reason why only one person should take precautions when it comes to unwanted pregnancies and STDs.

It is actually very irresponsible to give all control over such important matters to others, especially to casual flings.

Anyway, in this case, there are a lot of pointers to suggest that the chic did it intentionally for reasons known to her. That is what I'm against, especially when she has no means of livelihood, and there is no family structure.

Stop making babies everywhere. Enough of young girls, with no master-plan or understanding of what life entails, and how to raise kids/families raising misfits, popping out kids because they can carry babies in their wombs.
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 17, 2014
SirShymex:

Anyway, in this case, there are a lot of pointers to suggest that the chic did it intentionally for reasons known to her. That is what I'm against, especially when she has no means of livelihood, and there is no family structure.

Maybe, I don't know.

And I am absolutely against women getting pregnant against the will of the potential father but it doesn't change the fact that women have been doing it for a long time and that men should not trust them, especially not when these women are casual flings.

You cannot control other people so you better learn to control yourself.

Stop making babies everywhere. Enough of young girls, with no master-plan or understanding of what life entails, and how to raise kids/families raising misfits, popping out kids because they can carry babies in their wombs.

Absolutely but it still takes two to tango.

If a man, that I barley know, infects me with HIV, then it is my fault for having slept with him without protecting myself.
And it is his fault for not telling me that he is infected but what will it help me to blame him?
I should have taken care of myself in the first place.

5 Likes

Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 12:04am On Oct 18, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Maybe, I don't know.

And I am absolutely against women getting pregnant against the will of the potential father but it doesn't change the fact that women have been doing it for a long time and that men should not trust them, especially not when these women are casual flings.

You cannot control other people so you better learn to control yourself.

Absolutely but it still takes two to tango.

If a man, that I barley know, infects me with HIV, then it is my fault for having slept with him without protecting myself.
And it is his fault for not telling me that he is infected but what will it help me to blame him?
I should have taken care of myself in the first place.

Fair enough.

However, sometimes, it takes more than two to tango. And that evidently complicates the whole thing and makes it more complex, when it is a tad bit difficult to know who the actual father of the kid is loool.

So, to avoid that, these chics need to start doing the right thing loool.

And why did you ignore my question about risk analysis?
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 12:08am On Oct 18, 2014
SirShymex:

Fair enough.

However, sometimes, it takes more than two to tango. And that evidently complicates the whole thing and makes it more complex, when it is a tad bit difficult to know who the actual father of the kid is loool.

So, to avoid that, these chics need to start doing the right thing loool.

And why did you ignore my question about risk analysis?

@bold
If you know that some ladies are like that then it should be even more important to know that ONLY you can protect yourself.

Which risk analysis?
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 12:24am On Oct 18, 2014
carefreewannabe:

@bold
If you know that some ladies are like that then it should be even more important to know that ONLY you can protect yourself.

Which risk analysis?

Risk analysis: outlining the risks involved in terms of magnitude, which of the parties would be more susceptible, and how to mitigate against the risks involved.

Do that - I wanna see what you will come up with.
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 12:26am On Oct 18, 2014
SirShymex:

Risk analysis: outlining the risks involved in terms of magnitude, which of the parties would be more susceptible, and how to mitigate against the risks involved.

Do that - I wanna see what you will come up with.

Ooohhh, I know about these risks.

But are they a reason for you or your brothers and your future sons to jeopardize their health and future?
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 12:31am On Oct 18, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Ooohhh, I know about these risks.

But are they a reason for you or your brothers and your future sons to jeopardize their health and future?

Since you know the risks, can you please post it based on vulnerability scale, and let's see who is more at a disadvantage?

And I don't think I have made any excuse whatsoever for the health risks involved. My argument has been about protecting innocent children, and making sure that everything is right before we bring them into this cold world.
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 12:36am On Oct 18, 2014
SirShymex:

Since you know the risks, can you please post it based on vulnerability scale, and let's see who is more at a disadvantage?

And I don't think I have made any excuse whatsoever for the health risks involved. My argument has been about protecting innocent children, and making sure that everything is right before we bring them into this cold world.

Shymex, how is my higher risk your problem?
You should be more worried with the risks that concern you. Last time, i checked men have lower risks but are not immune to STDs.
And like you said, women can fake anything and get pregnant against your will. No judge will care whether you wanted it or not, you will have to pay.
So it would be wise to be careful and to protect yourself instead of blaming everything on others and instead of finding excuses.

You have as much responsibility as a woman.

5 Likes

Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 12:50am On Oct 18, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Shymex, how is my higher risk your problem?
You should be more worried with the risks that concern you. Last time, i checked men have lower risks but are not immune to STDs.
And like you said, women can fake anything and get pregnant against your will. No judge will care whether you wanted it or not, you will have to pay.
So it would be wise to be careful and to protect yourself instead of blaming everything on others and instead of finding excuses.

You have as much responsibility as a woman.

Well, this isn't about me. I had proper sex education from early, and I have always protected myself. Hence I have never contracted even the smallest STIs.

And I'm also not shifting blames or responsibilities - just saying chics need to start playing their part in protecting against unwanted pregnancy. The excuse of it always being a mistake is stale now. Just do the right thing, regardless of the mishap or negligence from the other party involved, and everything will be alright.
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 12:51am On Oct 18, 2014
Ms nasty nas the MsNas tongue
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by MsNas(f): 1:20am On Oct 18, 2014
SirShymex:
Ms nasty nas the MsNas tongue
Lmao. Go and sleep dude grin grin
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 18, 2014
MsNas:

Lmao. Go and sleep dude grin grin

Too bad I slept off...would've come sleep on ya bed. tongue

Let me shut my gob before ya bf starts chasing me everywhere with tools that will rip intestines out. grin
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Stillfire: 7:53pm On Oct 18, 2014
ileobatojo:

Are we supposed to be bamboozled by the use of big words? You gave your mother power of attorney to kidnap another person's child? That was never your right to transfer to another person in the first place. And no, the word kidnap is not harsh at all.

I hope he would be made a scapegoat. In his next village life, he would respect the rights of a woman. cool
I'm so glad it happened in the UK and not that association of unprogressives that was made into a country called Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 11:00pm On Oct 18, 2014
Stillfire:

I hope he would be made a scapegoat. In his next village life, he would respect the rights of a woman. cool
I'm so glad it happened in the UK and not that association of unprogressives that was made into a country called Nigeria.

Lmao! grin

1 Like

Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 22, 2014
Funny lady. w
Stillfire:

They think they are in the village where men do, act, breathe, poo as they like and think the mother's rights are inconsequential
This is why feminism will continue to thrive as far as I'm alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin
The people that want to die because of that statement should begin to die. tongue
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 10:59pm On May 30, 2019
Neat icons!! tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (Reply)

I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? / The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy / Sperm Donor Who Fathered 550 Children Ordered To STOP (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.