Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives (37272 Views)

**Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** / Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? / Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by adorable29(f): 8:23pm On Oct 09, 2014
pickabeau1:

Fair enough

You still have not answered the q

How did a woman who was a stylist and confidant of Maryam Babangida has an oil bloc allocation which is now worth billions

Interesting eh

I know you weren't addressing me directly ooooo..... and sorry in advance for quoting you.

Now as a confidant to such a top shot, don't you think that's where the favour comes in?

Do you know in business sometimes, asides your intellectual know how or astute managerial skills, having the right network (connection) can spur you up to great heights you may not even had fathomed?

Okay, she is a stylist! How many stylist has that skill to be able to render services to a first lady. That means she worked hard to reach that status!

My stylist is an awesome woman who has 4 boys and with those kids and her always busy salon decided to start a Bsc part time program and now she is a graduate... I admire her a great deal for her zeal and even tell her some personal stuff I don't tell some of my friends.

The point am making is that cos she was a stylist doesn't mean God can't smile on her. I can't say for sure how she got her oil bloc but if I was in a position to give my stylist a job in chevron, I will do it cos she is a hard worker.

1 Like

Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by pickabeau1: 8:39pm On Oct 09, 2014
adorable29:

I know you weren't addressing me directly ooooo..... and sorry in advance for quoting you.

Now as a confidant to such a top shot, don't you think that's where the favour comes in?

Do you know in business sometimes, asides your intellectual know how or astute managerial skills, having the right network (connection) can spur you up to great heights you may not even had fathomed?

Okay, she is a stylist! How many stylist has that skill to be able to render services to a first lady. That means she worked hard to reach that status!

My stylist is an awesome woman who has 4 boys and with those kids and her always busy salon decided to start a Bsc part time program and now she is a graduate... I admire her a great deal for her zeal and even tell her some personal stuff I don't tell some of my friends.

The point am making is that cos she was a stylist doesn't mean God can't smile on her. I can't say for sure how she got her oil bloc but if I was in a position to give my stylist a job in chevron, I will do it cos she is a hard worker.

No problem... u see we all seem to be skirting the issue
A job and an oil bloc are two different things

Moreover giving ur stylist a job without any reference to her qualifications or capabilities.. hmmmm
Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by pickabeau1: 8:40pm On Oct 09, 2014
koyyes:

I only used the mums influence as an example. I kind of feel we are not talking about the same person here- whose post do you think i disagree with?

Thats why my first post was.. what is the issue

Is the issue the generalisatiion against women who are succesful or about mrs alakija in particular
Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by Nobody: 8:47pm On Oct 09, 2014
adorable29:

You have time to reply that brain dead phaggot. Even his handle stinks of homoeroticism - only girls "pick a beau" - when a guy starts picking a beau, you know there is definitely something fundamentally wrong with his sexuality. Apart from asking redundant questions everywhere, on subject matter he's clueless about, the guy has no brain.

A simple google search would tell anyone who cares to know how connected the family is. That was what I did when I first her name on Forbes list. Once you read her background info and how connected she is, then you should be able to discern a lot of things.

When it comes to being successful, networking and being connected with the right people, are the most important things. Then other tangibles and intangibles. That is basically what working smart is about.

However, you can critique her and other naija elites for taking advantage of the poor, and sharing the country's sovereign wealth among themselves. But to accuse her of sleeping around, without proofs, especially when she is married - just shows how psychotic and idi.otic these folks are.

3 Likes

Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 09, 2014
pickabeau1:

Thats why my first post was.. what is the issue

Is the issue the generalisatiion against women who are succesful or about mrs alakija in particular
There was no issue at all untill someone made a comment about women who climb the success ladder by bedding men and used mrs alakija and linda ikeji as examples without giving concrete evidence. Even guys here had to call him out and bitterly disagree with him. When someone mentioned chimamanda who is successful in her own field,he poked holes at the person's comment.it was very disrespectful and uncalled for. If you agree with what he said, then that's where we strongly disagree. I won't even argue with you on that.

2 Likes

Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by adorable29(f): 8:58pm On Oct 09, 2014
SirShymex:

You have time to reply that brain dead phaggot. Even his handle stinks of homoeroticism - only girls "pick a beau" - when a guy starts picking a beau, you know there is definitely something fundamentally wrong with his sexuality. Apart from asking redundant questions everywhere, on subject matter he's clueless about, the guy has no brain.

A simple google search would tell anyone who cares to know how connected the family is. That was what I did when I first her name on Forbes list. Once you read her background info and how connected she is, then you should be able to discern a lot of things.

When it comes to being successful, networking and being connected with the right people, are the most important things. Then other tangibles and intangibles. That is basically what working smart is about.

However, you can critique her and other naija elites for taking advantage of the poor, and sharing the country's sovereign wealth among themselves. But to accuse her of sleeping around, without proofs, especially when she is married - just shows how psychotic and idi.otic these folks are.

Hmmm, finally! An intelligent dude! *phew*
Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by pickabeau1: 9:11pm On Oct 09, 2014
koyyes:

There was no issue at all untill someone made a comment about women who climb the success ladder by bedding men and used mrs alakija and linda ikeji as examples without giving concrete evidence. Even guys here had to call him out and bitterly disagree with him. When someone mentioned chimamanda who is successful in her own field,he poked holes at the person's comment.it was very disrespectful and uncalled for. If you agree with what he said, then that's where we strongly disagree. I won't even argue with you on that.

So the issue is the generalisation

In that case that is not only limited to women
Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by Acidosis(m): 9:19pm On Oct 09, 2014
koyyes:

He poked holes? I don't go about trading insults with Nlers without tangible reasons. I had to caution the guy when he insulted his mother. Nairaland is a piblic forum hence I'm free to make my points known about any public figure.
Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by pickabeau1: 9:20pm On Oct 09, 2014
Boohoo

Shymmexx....

Your penchant for aggression across the forum really is nauseating

For someone who speaks of things from the comfort of your keyboard while spouting theories of Afrocentrism yet you despise the mother nation

Your hypocrisy is astounding

You added no value to the discussion

For a dude supposedly based in the west, a simple question of how a woman could get an allocation of such an oil bloc is causing you to hyperventilate.
So upon all your Africa unite crap...u r still a apostle of undue process.

2 Likes

Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by Nobody: 9:45pm On Oct 09, 2014
Lmao. So, you are still picking a beau, no? I had to respond just for the fact that you brought Afrocentrism into it, and I see your last post has a few intellectual theft in it. So I guess you have started learning from me.

See to be black conscious, you have to military minded. And I don't discuss with lackeys, I educate them a la Prof. Henry Clarke. Also, skip the first bit, and read the other paragraphs in my last post - that's enough education for you.

Just go sort out your sexuality and start using your brain cells. And like I have always told you: you ask the most redundant and irritating questions ever lol.

Pick a beau lol.

I'm out!

3 Likes

Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by pickabeau1: 9:54pm On Oct 09, 2014
You still dont get it bro

All the more pathetic

I raised the issue cos I saw your headless chicken rants on the ijebu thread
You give a good game ...talking the talk on the dialects and history but dude...its not in you

Your disdain for your father's people and nation seeps through your posts..

You don't have the heart and I wonder really why you do it every time every hour

Militancy is all well n good but u have no right to say that..all cushed up where u are

My sexuality is not an issue

I'm not the dude salivating lewdly on peoples batty calling it e fun

Just chill dude...actually visit here and integrate with the people then u can talk what u know nor what u read from authors.
Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by Stillfire: 10:20pm On Oct 09, 2014
This thread is an embarrassment.

Acidosis:

Shameless woman; no one is saying ALL women use s. ex for success. Are you really du. mb? or is this post of yours a mistake?

How is she shameless?

2 Likes

Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by Acidosis(m): 10:31pm On Oct 09, 2014
Stillfire:
This thread is an embarrassment.

How?

For stating the obvious?
Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by Stillfire: 10:33pm On Oct 09, 2014
adorable29:
When will this local Nigeria cave men understand that this is the 21st century and women of this generation are smart, intelligent, powerful, bold, outspoken, and can excel in virtually all areas of life?!

When will this 17th century homosapiens realise that the days of patriarchy is almost fading out and women have come to prove to the world that they can no longer be relegated to the kitchen and if given the right condition and equal opportunity to strive, are just as good if not better than the men!

Wake up guys and look around your immediate environment, not necessarily globally! Look at your clasmates infact. Look at that girl that is gonna come out with a first class while you the man is struggling with a pass! Isn't that enough reason for you to know that a woman can be successful without sleeping with a man?!

Make una go buy sense, abeg...

Anyway, my comment is not necessarily for the OP! Its for the mofos displaying their low IQ on this thread!

This is an important point. Such girls should be very careful with who they breed with for the sake of the future generation and entire black race. I have not seen much evidence of the retardation of the average Nigerian thought process in one thread in my lifetime as shown here. It must be a sick state of things in that country for adults to reduce the successful abilities of women to seeking favors from men and debate it with illogical conclusions.

1 Like

Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by Stillfire: 10:35pm On Oct 09, 2014
Acidosis:

How?

For stating the obvious?

How did you arrive at the conclusion of shamelessness from the comments she made?

1 Like

Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by Acidosis(m): 10:46pm On Oct 09, 2014
Stillfire:

How did you arrive at the conclusion of shamelessness from the comments she made?
Do I owe you explanations?

1 Like

Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by Stillfire: 10:50pm On Oct 09, 2014
Acidosis:

Do I owe you explanations?

Yes you do.
Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by Acidosis(m): 10:56pm On Oct 09, 2014
Stillfire:

This is an important point. Such girls should be very careful with who they breed with for the sake of the future generation and entire black race. I have not seen much evidence of the retardation of the average Nigerian thought process in one thread in my lifetime as shown here. It must be a sick state of things in that country for adults to reduce the successful abilities of women to seeking favors from men and debate it with illogical conclusions.

So ALL successful women made it to the top without favour from men?

I'm not surprised anyway, afterall no woman will ever reveal the actual number of her s. excapades.

Even Ojukwu's wife openly denouced FFK, despite FFK's explanations.

Before you draw conclusions, I personally know female first class holders. I didn't, and never will I assume ALL successful women made it to the top via testicles.

1 Like

Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by fightforchange1(f): 11:08pm On Oct 09, 2014
nenergy:
Successful women have plenty men in their lives
*Disclaimer*
1. This piece is not in any way inferring that women need men to succeed.
2. By MEN, i am not insinuating sexual relations.
3. This piece is not a matter of FACT. It is an observation, an opinion.

A female friend recently told me that; “she’s glad she knows me”. Why? Well, it was part of her Ode in appreciation for my assistance whenever she needed it. From helping with laptop/phone issues to helping with job search and being her personal Google. grin

Men play vital roles in the lives of women; as fathers, brothers, uncles, cousins, school mates, crushes, mugus, magas, lovers, pastors, assignment boyfriends, neighbourhood acquaintances, university degree project assistants, NYSC camp body guards, NYSC PPA pals, job search advisors/assistants etc grin

At every point in a woman’s life there is always a MAN willing to offer her assistance (voluntarily or with a motive). It is the major reason most girls prefer male friends/company to their other females. They can gist about E! News and Kim Kardashian with their girlfriends, but when it is time for ‘business’, they know who to approach.

Considering all of these, i am of the opinion that the more MEN in a woman’s life, the higher her chances and speed of success.
Successful women are women with plenty MEN in their lives. These MEN contribute to her success.

n.b: Before you attack me, please read my disclaimer again.

Yours Faithfully,
Nenergy
Author; The Job Seekers’ Creed™

Awesome!

It ain't really about gender ....
Its just about the amount of support one has....
Not all people need support...
Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by Stillfire: 11:16pm On Oct 09, 2014
Acidosis:

So ALL successful women made it to the top without favour from men?

I'm not surprised anyway, afterall no woman will ever reveal the actual number of her s. excapades.

Even Ojukwu's wife openly denouced FFK, despite FFK's explanations.

Before you draw conclusions, I personally know female first class holders. I didn't, and never will I assume ALL successful women made it to the top via testicles.

Stop clawing at straws to save face. And don't even try to shield yourself because your initial comments SUMMARILY reduced the abilities of women and you even went as far as naming women who are successful in their own rights. Is this a matter of beer parlor gossip after a drink or two?

2 Likes

Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by Acidosis(m): 11:23pm On Oct 09, 2014
Stillfire:

Stop clawing at straws to save face. And don't even try to shield yourself because your initial comments SUMMARILY reduced the abilities of women and you even went as far as naming women who are successful in their own rights. Is this a matter of beer parlor gossip after a drink or two?

...a matter of reading and stating...
Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by Stillfire: 11:31pm On Oct 09, 2014
nenergy:
Successful women have plenty men in their lives
*Disclaimer*
1. This piece is not in any way inferring that women need men to succeed.
2. By MEN, i am not insinuating sexual relations.
3. This piece is not a matter of FACT. It is an observation, an opinion.

A female friend recently told me that; “she’s glad she knows me”. Why? Well, it was part of her Ode in appreciation for my assistance whenever she needed it. From helping with laptop/phone issues to helping with job search and being her personal Google. grin

Men play vital roles in the lives of women; as fathers, brothers, uncles, cousins, school mates, crushes, mugus, magas, lovers, pastors, assignment boyfriends, neighbourhood acquaintances, university degree project assistants, NYSC camp body guards, NYSC PPA pals, job search advisors/assistants etc grin

At every point in a woman’s life there is always a MAN willing to offer her assistance (voluntarily or with a motive). It is the major reason most girls prefer male friends/company to their other females. They can gist about E! News and Kim Kardashian with their girlfriends, but when it is time for ‘business’, they know who to approach.

Considering all of these, i am of the opinion that the more MEN in a woman’s life, the higher her chances and speed of success.
Successful women are women with plenty MEN in their lives. These MEN contribute to her success.

n.b: Before you attack me, please read my disclaimer again.

Yours Faithfully,
Nenergy
Author; The Job Seekers’ Creed™

The premise here is utterly wrong! And it has potentials of misdirecting young girls.
The Nigerian society is still pretty much patriarchal with men having much of a head start than females.
So the likelihood of building a career network would most likely have more men than women. It's not because they are men but because of the positions they hold.
When Nigerian women bridge that gap, your conclusions would be useless. Living in the West, my career network encompasses both females and males.

2 Likes

Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by devine99(m): 7:27am On Oct 10, 2014
Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by suptol(m): 8:42am On Oct 10, 2014
For your satisfied, classical graphic designs, kindly contact Suptol Designs. A brand for the job.

Below is a link to his portfolio and contact details.

https://www.nairaland.com/1841535/suptol-designs-portfolio
Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by MrPresident1: 9:12am On Oct 10, 2014
sandijey:

I only got to know u because u have quoted me before and that seems personal. If u do not believe my statement , a person wiv sound mind which am sure u lack would have stated reasons why I am wrong. Instead u tried to be rude and sarcastic. Telling me to fear God. Hypocrite do u fear God? Who cares if u wanna be successful. U can become a church rat so far it makes u happy.

I expect that people who are old enough to use a public forum can argue intelligently. Maybe u need to be schooled on how to reply people intelligently. I don't criticise stupidly the way u did. If I dont agree on something I will state it. I am matured enough to know that I guess that's another thing you are allergic too.

You keep confirming that u are silly. Help me correct more of my mistakes if it helps ur ego.

Israelite woman. Fire!
Don't mess wiv an Israelite woman!
I greet you Sandy kiss
Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 10, 2014
MrPresident1:

Israelite woman. Fire!
Don't mess wiv an Israelite woman!
I greet you Sandy kiss

Mr president kiss..... it's been a while...... how are u!
Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by MrPresident1: 9:51am On Oct 10, 2014
sandijey:

Mr president kiss..... it's been a while...... how are u!

I am fine my Lady.
I trust you are too.
Remind me never to mess wiv you. wink
Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by Nobody: 10:05am On Oct 10, 2014
MrPresident1:

I am fine my Lady.
I trust you are too.
Remind me never to mess wiv you. wink

I sure will wink
Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by STENON(f): 9:46am On Oct 11, 2014
Yes...I agree with the OP.....It takes a very Long time For a seriously minded/Optimistic Lady to meet a Lady thats willing to help her in achieving her Dreams.

Most of the Discussions among ladies is based on Relationship, Social Gathering and others.

Bt most Men do misused that opportunity for another thing in the Life of those Ladies that are yet to discover their Purpose on earth.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

A Black Caregiver Gets Wicked Treatment From Her White Boss's Mum (Photo, Video) / Opinion: Choose Who You Want Between Me And Your Mother- Very Silly Question / Lady Blasted For Teaching Nigerian Women How To Lock Cheating Husbands In Bottle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.