Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,616 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction (32621 Views)

Name and faces of 12 Soldiers Sentenced To Death For ‘shooting’ GOC / 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death / 50 Terrorists, 12 Soldiers, Policemen Feared Killed In Borno Attacks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by bist: 8:22am On Oct 09, 2014
say4gunit:

How much?

Make an offer!
Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by Nobody: 8:28am On Oct 09, 2014
Bluetooth2:

First thing first, military tribunal is a military affair and anywhere in the world, the army have their own standard. The best Olisa could have done was to appeal the judgement at the court of appeal and possibly plead for clemency on behalf of the soldiers.

I don't subscribe to his choice of undermining the authority of a constitutionally recognized institution. I wondered what he meant by the tribunal members being only army officers as if soldiers use to interfere in lawyers' affairs !
It is mystery what happens in schools these day. A total conundrum.
This is not the first time military tribunal decisions have been challenged and more importantly OVERTURNED in NIGERIA so there is jurisprudence there. Rather than spout inanities we should study his argument which is that the tribunal is unconstitutional . Therefore this case serves not only the purpose of clarifying the judgment as it affects these soldiers but also the future from a jurisprudence perspective.
Military Tribunals are subject to civillian appeals and jurisprudence IN MANY COUNTRIES all over the world they are NOT "MILITARY AFFAIRS"

2 Likes

Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by Nobody: 8:28am On Oct 09, 2014
aforosco:

Your birth certificate is an apology letter from Condom factory in other word you are born by mistake.If you ve knowledge of what happen you will bury you stupid head in shame

Be up right in your judgment.
Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by Nobody: 8:30am On Oct 09, 2014
searching4love:

DRY

No vex
Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by priscaoge(f): 8:30am On Oct 09, 2014
deletrue:
Wetin dey do una? Gallant, gallant every where. Did the court martial sentenced the entire Nigerian Army abi na only set (army) wey fuckup? How can you described people who commit mutiny as gallant? I dey tire una class of people jor.

And what class do u belong? A mad man will always be the 1st to call a sane man 'mad'

3 Likes

Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by Nobody: 8:30am On Oct 09, 2014
Forwetinnah:

Obey which yeye "last order"...and the Egbere giving the "order" sending hardworking soldiers to their death is a terrorist informant and has been discharged honorably. Like seriously?? This isn't a military regime in case you've been living under the rock for the past 2 decades, we're in a democracy so let the court speak. It's a big shame that the commander in question is a free man and the ones who refused to die like rats are being punished...A damn big SHAME!!!!

Thatz your thinking bro,u think the military is where you go to peel groundnut ¿

2 Likes

Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by manutdadex(m): 8:32am On Oct 09, 2014
Lincoln94:
if u check well u will even discover that dey are all frpm d south-South region making dem unqualified for fair hearing
it really beats my imagination how dia soldiers where sentenced to swarh by firing ...its really unfair
at least we can consider life imprisonment
seriously Y must u go tribal!! The military set up is differnt mutiny is a big offence in any military set up.
Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by Rujiano(m): 8:33am On Oct 09, 2014
Nigeria, what a total display of wickedness, when the boko haram who those soldiers went to risk their life to fight were sentence to 25 years in prison our soldiers were sentence to death just because they tried to kill a commander who at anytime he sent soldiers to a particular place to fight boko haram the soldiers will found out that the boko haram are already there.(ambush) a commander who has most times be link to an agent to the boko haram, as the Naija news do call him a boko haram in army uniform. Nigeria, their is God oh, they were sentence and killed but the judgement of God await

2 Likes

Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by Forwetinnah: 8:33am On Oct 09, 2014
sauceny:

Thatz your thinking bro,u think the military is where you go to peel groundnut ¿

No..its where you have "your brain screwed"

1 Like

Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by deletrue: 8:33am On Oct 09, 2014
sammieguze:

you have said it all

same here.

I don't blame those soldiers one bit.

Their situation is like that of David and goliat. Not everybody can be as lucky as David was
Did you read and understand why they were sentenced since you know how to compare David and Goliat? These 12 army boys point their raffles at the commander and shot at him but luckly enough he was not armed. What is David and Goliat doing here. If David did not received inspiration from God, he should have took off. Similarly, if these 12 boys knew that their fire power cannot cover them, does not mean that they should shot the officer. Again, common sense is the problem here.
Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by peeparty(m): 8:34am On Oct 09, 2014
sauceny:
Whatz this bloody civilian tryna do
He should leave the military to their ruling & go do what he knows how to do best "civilian ruling"

I believe if those given the death sentence where found guilty shouldn't be pardoned.
I mean,the army isn't jst a unified body where you make your own decisions,being an army comes with much work of full dedication & commitment in protecting your country...ha

I think they should face the sentence passed upon them to serve as a deterrent to others trying to follow same part,besides the motto has always been clear "Obey the last order".
what is Dis one saying sef.if your brother was among them will u say wat ur saying.guy calm down
Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by Sammyblaq(m): 8:34am On Oct 09, 2014
sauceny:
He should leave the military to their ruling & go do what he knows how to do best "civilian ruling"

I believe if those given the death sentence where found guilty shouldn't be pardoned.
I mean,the army isn't jst a unified body where you make your own decisions,being an army comes with much work of full dedication & commitment in protecting your country...

I think they should face the sentence passed upon them to serve as a deterrent to others trying to follow same part,besides the motto has always been clear "Obey the last order".
with due respect...i wish u'r among the 12... #heartless
Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by aforosco(m): 8:34am On Oct 09, 2014
sauceny:

Be up right in your judgment.
No constitution is above the 1999 constitution so even if it is ogboni cult it is of no supremecy to 1999.Even soldiers deserve fundamental human right

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by Ahmeduana(m): 8:35am On Oct 09, 2014
priscaoge:
The court should pardon those soldiers naaaa angry Since they decided to let those Boko Haramites Who surrendered to live,why can't they pardon our gallant soldiers Who fight day and night for the safety of the nation undecided They shouldn't be denied their right. They should be allowed a fair hearing. It's their constitutional right!!!

Abi is it now a crime to be a soldier in this country
YOU DON'T GET IT ba? MILITARY INSTITUTION IS NOT LIKE POLITICAL INSTITUTION WHERE EVERYTHING IS SUBJECTED TO FRAUD AND MANIPULATIONS, mind you i don't want them to be kill, which am very sure they will not be kill, it will be commute to prison terms! but the FACT remains! they know what they are into right from the day they sworn to protect the territorial integrity of this NATION, I THINK WHAT WE SHOULD DO IS TO LOBBY A HIGH POWERFUL DELEGATES TO PLEAD ON THERE BEHALF

2 Likes

Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by 2rutalk(m): 8:36am On Oct 09, 2014
You are the most useless PIG U ever come across on Naira land( Ewu)

I mean,the army isn't jst a unified body where you make your own decisions,being an army comes with much work of full dedication & commitment in protecting your country...

I think they should face the sentence passed upon them to serve as a deterrent to others trying to follow same part,besides the motto has always been clear "Obey the last order".[/quote]
Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 09, 2014
iwonbaoko:
Get an education before it is too late. It is either we have a constitution or we don't . That is all that there is to this matter.

Since you are very well educated,am willing to pay you triple the amount of your desired income to teach me what's up with the dealings ¿

It seemz you the mummy's soft kinda boy that hasn't felt or seen blood,what do you take the military for¿....My friend go mingle with your female folks & play with their dolls,so you leave men to do their jobs

1 Like

Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by manutdadex(m): 8:41am On Oct 09, 2014
iwonbaoko:
Get an education before it is too late. It is either we have a constitution or we don't . That is all that there is to this matter.
well u actually need it more infact somtin to read...anytin...d constitution is for d general public, u joining d army is givin up u fundamental human rights, no freedom of speech, no freedom of anytin..mutiny is purnishable by death under d martial law

1 Like

Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by Nobody: 8:43am On Oct 09, 2014
Forwetinnah:

No..its where you have "your brain screwed"

Pple like u wouldn't even make it alive if you dear venture,military is meant for hearted men nt soft guyz like you.

Who do u tink u are to shoot @ ur superior¿

1 Like

Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by yurme(m): 8:46am On Oct 09, 2014
Shey na crime 2 join Army now ba
Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by Bigcake: 8:47am On Oct 09, 2014
sauceny:

Have you bothered to read why the revolted? Why didnt the Army commission also pass the same judgement on the said commandant that provoked the Soldiers? If your brother were to be among the sentenced Soldier would you have spewed this bullshiit?
Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by eledacedar(f): 8:48am On Oct 09, 2014
sauceny:

The interference of civilian in this kind of military affair will encourage mutiny in the future. I've always held the opinion that some rules in the military do not apply to civilians. Let the military handle its issues.

1 Like

Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by Forwetinnah: 8:49am On Oct 09, 2014
sauceny:

Pple like u wouldn't even make it alive if you dear venture,military is meant for hearted men nt soft guyz like you.

Who do u tink u are to shoot @ ur superior¿

gringringringringringrin...voltron!! I'm a woman and yes I can join the military. I reject serving under a useless commandant or squad leader. The one you support should be in jail by now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by eledacedar(f): 8:50am On Oct 09, 2014
Bigcake:
Have you bothered to read why the revolted? Why didnt the Army commission also pass the same judgement on the said commandant that provoked the Soldiers? If your brother were to be among the sentenced Soldier would you have spewed this bullshiit?

That's what Nigerians should clamour for. Those whose actions/inactions led to the mutiny should also face sanctions. We however shouldn't forget that there are penalties for mutiny in the army that civilians need not interfere in

1 Like

Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by Austin234(m): 8:51am On Oct 09, 2014
My heart felt for these soldiers who fell victim of mutiny cos of frustration meted out to them by their boss. I even learnt that the so called boss has been indited and dismissed from the force without benefit. I therefore, plead with the good spirited Nigerians to revisit the case again.
I also pray that Agbakoba suceed in his quest for justice

1 Like

Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by hotice01: 8:51am On Oct 09, 2014
adonis89:
They should b killed abeg if not other soldiers will commit another mutiny and dis tym it may b on GEJ. Civil war wouldn't have started had it mean general aguiyi ironsi court martial ed kaduna nzeogwu and other majors 4d 1966 coup,mutiny is d younger broda to coup d etat and its an abomination in d army. Evn ibb killed his bosom friend vatsa not minding they were northerners. So those soldiers shuld b killed

I'm sure u are d product of a broken condom durin a drunk one night stand.have read some of ur post.A 9year old child is far more sensible than u.I won't banter words wit u cuz I knw u'll drag me down to ur level and beat wit experience.pls next time try to pretend to have some sense,if not for anybody consider ur mom who carried u for 9months.
Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by lordcardinal(m): 8:52am On Oct 09, 2014
But, our rule of justice is somehow. Is it the constitution is not been understood ,why a rush to the rule of law? Help us God. sadBut, our rule of justice is somehow. Is it the constitution is not been understood ,why a rush to the rule of law? Help us God.
Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by deletrue: 8:56am On Oct 09, 2014
priscaoge:

And what class do u belong? A mad man will always be the 1st to call a sane man 'mad'
All you needed is to put more efforts and the willingness to learn since you lack this probably because of failure from your background. Your post failed to carry with it the required deep knowledge and level of what you were actually aiming your post to convey hence you are advised and corrected, you are saying mad man etc. Why? People are sentenced because they committed mutiny, you are saying these people are gallant, does this make any sense? I agree intoto that the Nigerian Army are gallant but not those who attempt to kill the officer. If I were you, I will prefer to learn. Final fullstop.
Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by Nobody: 8:56am On Oct 09, 2014
Bigcake:

Loool you make me laugh.
Guys on nairaland are too timid

What do you guys take the military for¿
My friend,as soon as you get into the military, the first family you have is the military family before your immediate family,if you mess up you get killed.

Military are for men not men that acts like a girl.

If my brother was in the military & can't obey the order of his superiors,so be it.
Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by Nobody: 9:02am On Oct 09, 2014
eledacedar:

The interference of civilian in this kind of military affair will encourage mutiny in the future. I've always held the opinion that some rules in the military do not apply to civilians. Let the military handle its issues.

Kisses my dear,u deserve an airtime.

The men on nairaland are too timid & doesn't have an atom of idea on how the military operates.
Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by XploraBen(m): 9:04am On Oct 09, 2014
Let him go ahead!
Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by captainbaroni(m): 9:05am On Oct 09, 2014
sauceny:

IDIOT

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Will Amaechi And Fashola Make The Ministerial List? / Why Did EFCC Refuse To Investigate The Following People? / Herdsmen Turn National Stadium , Abuja To Grazing Reserve

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.