Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

We Are Not Undermining Nigeria’s Fight Against Boko Haram – US - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Not Undermining Nigeria’s Fight Against Boko Haram – US (1982 Views)

APC Members Undermining My Administration-Abubakar / Sabotage & Theft Undermining Power Supply- Buhari.. / Gbajabiamila Writes Dogara, Accuses Him Of Undermining Principal Officers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Not Undermining Nigeria’s Fight Against Boko Haram – US by DjAndroid: 7:27pm On Oct 09, 2014
The U.S. Ambassador to Nigeria, James Entwistle, has debunked media reports that America was not doing enough in helping Nigeria to contain terrorism in the country.

Entwistle debunked the notion on Thursday at a news conference in Yola.
He said the U.S. Government was heavily involved in supporting Nigerian Government’s response to Boko Haram menace.

“I disagree completely with these headlines; they are quite inadequate. Our two countries have strong military relationship.

“Over the years, we share a lot of equipment; some of the newest vessels of your navy come from United States, so the idea that U.S. doesn’t support Nigeria is not true,” the envoy said.

He said the support to Nigeria was in many forms, including training of soldiers and information sharing.
On his perception of Boko Haram, the ambassador said he was not sure of the group’s objectives.
“There are still some open questions on who they are, what they want.

“A year ago, I would have said they were religiously motivated. But as they killed more and more Muslims, it’s hard for me to believe that they were motivated by religion.

“Who are these guys and what do they want? I don’t think we really understand them, ” Entwistle said.
He observed that Boko Haram had gone beyond being a small insurgent group, with a couple of guns, to very effective collection of conventional force.

“An open question we have to look at carefully is where is the military expertise ( for Boko Haram) is coming from. How in the last one year they became more effective?”

The envoy, who was in Adamawa to monitor the suspended Oct. 11 governorship by-election, held talks with Adamawa Interfaith Committee, an NGO.
He also visited the American University of Nigeria (AUN), Yola, where he delivered a lecture to staff and students of the institution. (NAN)

VANGUARD NEWS.
Re: We Are Not Undermining Nigeria’s Fight Against Boko Haram – US by Blakjewelry(m): 7:32pm On Oct 09, 2014
they should give us proof...on a more serious note antwistle is making a lot of sense. this BH ish getting more confusing by the day, no one can tell what they want or how they get their weapons. sometimes I feel it is either they are confuse or I am
Re: We Are Not Undermining Nigeria’s Fight Against Boko Haram – US by diceman1: 7:43pm On Oct 09, 2014
So we should sail the tokunbo ships you gave us to Sambisa Forest? Get real. You know what we need. Give us what we need or sod off.

5 Likes

Re: We Are Not Undermining Nigeria’s Fight Against Boko Haram – US by onoja12: 7:49pm On Oct 09, 2014
what ship is that guy talking of,is he referring to the old out dates 1960s ship that they just came to dump in Nigeria recently,the question we are asking the americans is why are they studying people that are killing defenceless civilians,why is it with all there drones in the Niger republic they haven't assisted Nigerian government or was the plan to use the opportunity of the situation to start building american bases here.like i always say this people need to learn that Africans are becoming wiser,i have unconfirmed report that there is uranium in Borno state and Niger republic so you do the maths
Re: We Are Not Undermining Nigeria’s Fight Against Boko Haram – US by ISpiksDaTroof: 7:58pm On Oct 09, 2014
DjAndroid:

On his perception of Boko Haram, the ambassador said he was not sure of the group’s objectives.
“There are still some open questions on who they are, what they want.

“A year ago, I would have said they were religiously motivated. But as they killed more and more Muslims, it’s hard for me to believe that they were motivated by religion.

“Who are these guys and what do they want? I don’t think we really understand them, ” Entwistle said.
He observed that Boko Haram had gone beyond being a small insurgent group, with a couple of guns, to very effective collection of conventional force.

“An open question we have to look at carefully is where is the military expertise ( for Boko Haram) is coming from. How in the last one year they became more effective?”
Diplomatic Speak for :

"We know who is behind Boko Haram, but if we directly say it your country will burn down and we are not prepared for the influx of refugees nor are we prepared to sacrifice American lives in the form of Military boots on the ground for your continued ignorance. We have indirectly told you who is behind the terrorism but you have chosen to ignore us and concentrate on religious and tribal differences. If you want to know who is responsible for killing you by the tens of thousands then ask your leaders, starting with your President".

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Undermining Nigeria’s Fight Against Boko Haram – US by ISpiksDaTroof: 8:01pm On Oct 09, 2014
diceman1:
So we should sail the tokunbo ships you gave us to Sambisa Forest? Get real. You know what we need. Give us what we need or sod off.
Why don't you also insist we breastfeed every new born baby, and lazy adult, in your country while you're at it?
Re: We Are Not Undermining Nigeria’s Fight Against Boko Haram – US by diceman1: 8:05pm On Oct 09, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:
Why don't you also insist we breastfeed every new born baby, and lazy adult, in your country while you're at it?

Won't mind since your country obviously seems to be jobless.
Re: We Are Not Undermining Nigeria’s Fight Against Boko Haram – US by ISpiksDaTroof: 8:11pm On Oct 09, 2014
onoja12:
why is it with all there drones in the Niger republic they haven't assisted Nigerian government or was the plan to use the opportunity of the situation to start building american bases here.
Your country refused that we use drones within her territory. You know why? When we start eliminating Boko Haram sponsors and members, Hell Fire missiles will inevitably land within Aso Rock's compounds.

Handle your own problems and stop blaming others.
Re: We Are Not Undermining Nigeria’s Fight Against Boko Haram – US by kingDavidda1st(m): 8:11pm On Oct 09, 2014
Just like they sent people to come learn how we contained Ebola, they ll still send John Kerry to learn how we defeated Boko Haram

2 Likes

Re: We Are Not Undermining Nigeria’s Fight Against Boko Haram – US by onoja12: 8:16pm On Oct 09, 2014
didn't know american government have a spokes man here,secondly we never ask for missiles,what we asked for was valid intelligence,as for drones,they fly around all the time,yet in all america hasn't given us nothing which makes us all to believe that they are not here to help us rather they have something else they use the excuse for

ISpiksDaTroof:
Your country refused that we use drones within her territory. You know why? When we start eliminating Boko Haram sponsors and member Hell Fire missiles will inevitably land within Aso Rock's compounds.

Handle your own problems and stop blaming others.
Re: We Are Not Undermining Nigeria’s Fight Against Boko Haram – US by sCun: 8:16pm On Oct 09, 2014
diceman1:

Won't mind since your country obviously seems to be jobless.
That guy is anything but American.

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Undermining Nigeria’s Fight Against Boko Haram – US by ISpiksDaTroof: 8:21pm On Oct 09, 2014
onoja12:
didn't know american government have a spokes man here,secondly we never ask for missiles,what we asked for was valid intelligence,as for drones,they fly around all the time,yet in all america hasn't given us nothing which makes us all to believe that they are not here to help us rather they have something else they use the excuse for

How do you know? Do I sound like I'm assuming or speaking authoritatively? Besides, When will you Learn to stand on your own feet, stop begging, and stop believing you're entitled to what belongs to others? If you need drones so bad build one with your stolen funds. Wasnt your President commissioning a laughable homemade one the other day which clowns like yourself heaped praises on? Why don't you make use of it?
Re: We Are Not Undermining Nigeria’s Fight Against Boko Haram – US by onoja12: 8:25pm On Oct 09, 2014
Good same question we don't need drones,does who need it should use it in there country,not coming to Africa creating wars and sickness,for wicked and selfish purposes

ISpiksDaTroof:
How do you know? Do I sound like I'm assuming or speaking authoritatively? Besides, When will you Learn to stand on your own feet, stop begging, and stop believing you're entitled to what belongs to others? If you need drones so bad build one with your stolen funds. Wasnt your President commissioning a laughable homemade one the other day which clowns like yourself heaped praises on? Why don't you make use of it?
Re: We Are Not Undermining Nigeria’s Fight Against Boko Haram – US by maslong(m): 9:10pm On Oct 09, 2014
Nigeria don't need your outdated ship. what we need are drones equipped with hell fire missiles but it operations should be limited to boko haram states over there in the north, because here in the south life is sacred. grin
Re: We Are Not Undermining Nigeria’s Fight Against Boko Haram – US by Blakjewelry(m): 11:20pm On Oct 09, 2014
maslong:
Nigeria don't need your outdated ship. what we need are drones equipped with hell fire missiles but it operations should be limited to boko haram states over there in the north, because here in the south life is sacred. grin
my brother sometimes it is better to ignore some people, that way they wont see any reason to run their mouth. nowadays it seems the world is running short of people who can reason intelligently without sentiment.
Re: We Are Not Undermining Nigeria’s Fight Against Boko Haram – US by Greatihex(m): 11:51pm On Oct 09, 2014
You this guy claiming American and an authoritative speaker, i have a question for you. What is you mission in Nigeria or on Nairaland Forum?
Re: We Are Not Undermining Nigeria’s Fight Against Boko Haram – US by ISpiksDaTroof: 2:37am On Oct 10, 2014
Greatihex:
You this guy claiming American and an authoritative speaker, i have a question for you. What is you mission in Nigeria or on Nairaland Forum?

To save you and your children from the poverty that your fathers before you went through.
Re: We Are Not Undermining Nigeria’s Fight Against Boko Haram – US by jotey(m): 3:08am On Oct 10, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:

To save you and your children from the poverty that your fathers before you went through.
And how are u doing it?

to save us? wen we asked for zmapp was it given 2 us

we even created our own nano silver BT u called it a pesticide

fuvk u

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Undermining Nigeria’s Fight Against Boko Haram – US by Greatihex(m): 5:52am On Oct 10, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:

there are still poor people in your "America". Go help them first before you come help us. I think it is the healthy people that help the seek to get well. You still have Ebola to deal with. I am the one helping you, not the other way round. My tax is being used to feed and keep healthy the person who is giving your "America" some class lessons on how to handle "her scientific invention" that is now haunting her.

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Undermining Nigeria’s Fight Against Boko Haram – US by arsetalks(m): 6:14am On Oct 10, 2014
Blakjewelry:
they should give us proof...on a more serious note antwistle is making a lot of sense. this BH ish getting more confusing by the day, no one can tell what they want or how they get their weapons. sometimes I feel it is either they are confuse or I am
That's why we have intelligence gathering department in our military. Didn't the president say he knows those behind boko haram?

His failure to clamp down on them shows how fit he is to rule. When he would have silently killed them off, he and his allies would rather romance the press men and social media.

Just like the issue of the chibok girls, we are failing on our fight against boko haram because we didn't take the right steps at the beginning. We chose to instead play blame games.

As if I and the relatives of those boko haram has killed and many other Nigerians give a flying hoot about who those who are behind Boko haram are rather than actually killing them and silencing them forever.
Re: We Are Not Undermining Nigeria’s Fight Against Boko Haram – US by chinwike2(m): 7:20am On Oct 10, 2014
HOAX
Re: We Are Not Undermining Nigeria’s Fight Against Boko Haram – US by DollyParton1(f): 9:18am On Oct 10, 2014
arsetalks:
That's why we have intelligence gathering department in our military. Didn't the president say he knows those behind boko haram?

His failure to clamp down on them shows how fit he is to rule. When he would have silently killed them off, he and his allies would rather romance the press men and social media.

Just like the issue of the chibok girls, we are failing on our fight against boko haram because we didn't take the right steps at the beginning. We chose to instead play blame games.

As if I and the relatives of those boko haram has killed and many other Nigerians give a flying hoot about who those who are behind Boko haram are rather than actually killing them and silencing them forever.

Haven't we as Nigerians learnt to sieve every statements that comes from the presidency?
I refused to believe that he did really know those who were behind it. I think he was just bullshiting us, and we fell for it. Now that it seems the whole world has risen to wage war against boko haram, then it suddenly appears that they just couldn't gather any tangible intelligence report.
Abeggi, they should spare us the stories for the gods
Re: We Are Not Undermining Nigeria’s Fight Against Boko Haram – US by DollyParton1(f): 9:22am On Oct 10, 2014
kingDavidda1st:
Just like they sent people to come learn how we contained Ebola, they ll still send John Kerry to learn how we defeated Boko Haram
Oh yea? Tell me something! !!
Re: We Are Not Undermining Nigeria’s Fight Against Boko Haram – US by ISpiksDaTroof: 4:11pm On Oct 10, 2014
Greatihex:
there are still poor people in your "America". Go help them first before you come help us. I think it is the healthy people that help the seek to get well. You still have Ebola to deal with. I am the one helping you, not the other way round. My tax is being used to feed and keep healthy the person who is giving your "America" some class lessons on how to handle "her scientific invention" that is now haunting her.

A "poor" person in America lives better, and has access to all the basic amenities needed to live a decent and dignified life than even your millionaires. We usually live to be really old as a result, while you guys are usually dead by age 52yrs as a lack of it.
Re: We Are Not Undermining Nigeria’s Fight Against Boko Haram – US by Greatihex(m): 6:04pm On Oct 10, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:

A "poor" person in America lives better, and has access to all the basic amenities needed to live a decent and dignified life than even your millionaires. We usually live to be really old as a result, while you guys are usually dead by age 52yrs as a lack of it.
why do you take medicine for another person's headache. Your have Ebola to deal with.
Re: We Are Not Undermining Nigeria’s Fight Against Boko Haram – US by ISpiksDaTroof: 6:30pm On Oct 10, 2014
Greatihex:
why do you take medicine for another person's headache. Your have Ebola to deal with.

Well, actually its you guys bringing all your diseases in here.
Re: We Are Not Undermining Nigeria’s Fight Against Boko Haram – US by Greatihex(m): 6:57pm On Oct 10, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:

you are beginning to sound funny.
Re: We Are Not Undermining Nigeria’s Fight Against Boko Haram – US by Nobody: 7:03pm On Oct 10, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:

hey u , take a hike.
Re: We Are Not Undermining Nigeria’s Fight Against Boko Haram – US by Afroconnect: 7:09pm On Oct 10, 2014
The US has bad intentions for Nigeria.

The US Govt can support terrorists that kill,rape women and take over territories in Syria with weapons and money and they are talking trash about Nigeria's human rights records.

America,Get real with Nigeria or f-ck off
Re: We Are Not Undermining Nigeria’s Fight Against Boko Haram – US by kingDavidda1st(m): 7:14pm On Oct 10, 2014
They clearly undermine us and to them the future of we defeating Boko haram is bleak that's why they've not really helped us with sensitive information, rather they deployed their soldiers just like every other country would. The US I know if truly wants to wipe out these dunces they would have done that long ago.
Re: We Are Not Undermining Nigeria’s Fight Against Boko Haram – US by Afroconnect: 7:23pm On Oct 10, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:

Go save your sick nation from homosexuality and bestiality...dumb idiots.

(1) (Reply)

IGBO Has Nothing To Do With Development Of Lagos / Engr Dave Umahi Unviels His Official Facebook Page / Real Reasons Why Jonathan Abandoned Pdp Rally In Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.