Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,559 members, 7,812,815 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:46 PM

D'banj Becomes Apple/beats By Dre African Ambassador, Gets His Own Earphones - Celebrities (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / D'banj Becomes Apple/beats By Dre African Ambassador, Gets His Own Earphones (47741 Views)

Mike Ezuruonye Is Numatville Megacity Ambassador, Gets Land Property / D'banj Becomes SLOT Ambassador, Gets Brand New Porsche [photos] / Davido Gets His Daughter A Customised OBO Blinded Out Neck (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D'banj Becomes Apple/beats By Dre African Ambassador, Gets His Own Earphones by ekurimichael: 4:17pm On Oct 10, 2014
wink
Re: D'banj Becomes Apple/beats By Dre African Ambassador, Gets His Own Earphones by tomiobj(m): 4:41pm On Oct 10, 2014
Who wants to pay lyk 35k just for headset that has dbanjs name. Tcheww.
joshua8016:
[img]http://3.bp..com/-OcdiR2JZ7M0/VDcnDYVMklI/AAAAAAADqbs/i1u2ITDtQlg/s1600/BzidY6SCcAAeedU.png%2Blarge.png[/img]
[img]http://1.bp..com/-TXrYA7EGNUo/VDcnDXsBfFI/AAAAAAADqbw/283N8xiZIcQ/s1600/Untitled.png[/img]

Apple/Beats By Dre just made the announcement! D'banj has signed a contract with Apple to be the African ambassador for the brand...and not just that, he'll get his own customized earphones, which will be launched in December. Congrats to D'banj. See more photos after the cut...

[img]http://1.bp..com/-viqKvVSRuNQ/VDcvn0IqsDI/AAAAAAADqco/3g-WQIhVFJs/s1600/unnamed.jpg[/img]

[img]http://2.bp..com/-JpDC2T92-iA/VDcpG3QpYEI/AAAAAAADqcY/mZ7-TUKQtwo/s1600/unnamed.jpg[/img]

[img]http://3.bp..com/-vb4Pi4brIYI/VDcnFR_p4aI/AAAAAAADqb8/awP_JzhkL1U/s1600/1.png[/img]

[img]http://3.bp..com/-B4q63mJxCJ8/VDcnG8yGb3I/AAAAAAADqcE/GwxeUoLg8R4/s1600/2.png[/img]
Re: D'banj Becomes Apple/beats By Dre African Ambassador, Gets His Own Earphones by alex406(m): 4:49pm On Oct 10, 2014
Wow. Congrats bro. We are proud of you .
Re: D'banj Becomes Apple/beats By Dre African Ambassador, Gets His Own Earphones by Nobody: 5:04pm On Oct 10, 2014
babyface333:
LOL1!!! And he has been releasing songs every month. From "Bother you" to "Alaye" to "Omini-nonsense". Because they are not Hits, thats why you are now given us reasons why he has been absent in the music industry.

I guess, if all his latest efforts were Hits, he would have been going for shows than all this showman he is doing. When last D'banj was invited for a show was the last time "Oliver twist" faded, that was last year. He is trying now with all the singles he is releasing like the latest Omini-rubbish, and you tell us that he is absent.

An endorsement of this magnitude with just a picture of one american? An endorsement of this magnitude with the picture of the minister of Agriculture? where are the Apple executives? Or did D'banj just go and get a customised headphone by Dre and lying that he is an ambassador. It is not even in Apple website.
Mumu. he performed at the TEDxWBG Ending poverty in africa, in US 2 days ago. You can search on google. And Apple tweeted the deal not dbanj. u guys are just wasting ur time and energy. God has blessed him. ur hates can't do anything to him. u keep hating,he keep going high. wetin d guy do u ppl self? ha!

2 Likes

Re: D'banj Becomes Apple/beats By Dre African Ambassador, Gets His Own Earphones by Nobody: 5:15pm On Oct 10, 2014
Olulinks:

You are a bit right, but by the time the money he used to purchase this popularity stunt expires he will be thrown out again like Kanye threw him out the other time.

Maybe you didnt know why the 'relationship' between him and Kanye ended the way it did. He paid Kanye huge money to be unde GOOD music and when the money expired he was shown the way out.

Here he comes agin with DreBeat. Must he remain relevant by force! We go know soon.
pls no offence o. what do u guys gain on hating dbanj? or why do u ppl hate him?
Re: D'banj Becomes Apple/beats By Dre African Ambassador, Gets His Own Earphones by Ebukaceo(m): 5:32pm On Oct 10, 2014
Lolxx.d'banj dn turn boi boi..aniwaiz congratz bro..nigga paving way 4 his future kids.datz if he wntz ani.

1 Like

Re: D'banj Becomes Apple/beats By Dre African Ambassador, Gets His Own Earphones by D9ty7(m): 5:54pm On Oct 10, 2014
[quote
author=since2005 post=27015989][size=25pt]Dbanj is nolonger relevant,
they should have chosen someone else lipsrsealed lipsrsealed [/size]
waste of money!![/quote] Someone like you bah?
Re: D'banj Becomes Apple/beats By Dre African Ambassador, Gets His Own Earphones by pendulumdarky: 5:55pm On Oct 10, 2014
sexzskil:

How far did Oliver Twist went? Did it entered the US charts at all, even the most inferior chart? Did it topped the UK singles chart? How many countries did it appear in their chart? Wallonia, UK, and two others. Well, that was unprecedented for an African act, but i can bet u NO AFRICAN ARTIST's song CAN EVER EVER appear IN THE MOST LOWLY US CHARTS, NEVER! SO, D'BANJ CAN NEVER EVER MEET DR DRE FACE TO FACE. IT IS SHEER IMAGINATION!

But he has tried though. Even 2 Face is no longer comparable to him in class.

Did you just say it didn't enter any major chat.. check this list below and it is also on wiki

Romania (Romanian Top 100) 1
UK R&B (Official Charts Company) 2
UK Singles (Official Charts Company) 9
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders) 10
Scotland (Official Charts Company) 12
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Wallonia) 18
Slovakia (Rádio Top 100) 24
Germany (Media Control Charts) 66
Ireland (IRMA) 61

NO OTHER NIGERIAN ARTIST HAS BEEN ABLE TO ACHIEVE THIS, NOT EVEN 2FACE OR PSQUARE

2 Likes

Re: D'banj Becomes Apple/beats By Dre African Ambassador, Gets His Own Earphones by Nobody: 5:58pm On Oct 10, 2014
YOU GO NEED ME FINALLLY. #JAZZY

1 Like

Re: D'banj Becomes Apple/beats By Dre African Ambassador, Gets His Own Earphones by Paulpenny(m): 6:01pm On Oct 10, 2014
Sapphire86:

Rejoice with they that rejoice!!! That's how the bible puts it!
NA GOD GO HELP ME BLESS U MY SISTER:::CONFIRM TALK wink
Sapphire86:

NA GOD GO HELP ME BLESS U MY SISTER:::CONFIRM TALK
Re: D'banj Becomes Apple/beats By Dre African Ambassador, Gets His Own Earphones by Paulpenny(m): 6:01pm On Oct 10, 2014
Sapphire86:

Re: D'banj Becomes Apple/beats By Dre African Ambassador, Gets His Own Earphones by Paulpenny(m): 6:12pm On Oct 10, 2014
HaTERS FEEL FREE TO sHOOT UR SELF's IN THA MOA-4CKIN'AZZHOLE #TEAMD'BANJALL'DWAY
Re: D'banj Becomes Apple/beats By Dre African Ambassador, Gets His Own Earphones by MadCow1: 6:28pm On Oct 10, 2014
Keeping it honest..

Dbanj is no longer an artiste but a business man.. Sort of like where Jay-Z is at right now.. He sings for fun but is more into the business spect of the music game.

This move is clearer to me now and in fairness, I no longer hate on his game. It was a smart move for him, but if Don Jazzy had signed into that Good music deal with him, it would have wrecked him..

So in the end, hey had to split up and go their way. Sadly they didn't split on good terms.

Goodluck to him..

2 Likes

Re: D'banj Becomes Apple/beats By Dre African Ambassador, Gets His Own Earphones by MadCow1: 6:30pm On Oct 10, 2014
tomiobj:
Who wants to pay lyk 35k just for headset that has dbanjs name. Tcheww.

35'k for beats headphones means you are buying China Beats..

1 Like

Re: D'banj Becomes Apple/beats By Dre African Ambassador, Gets His Own Earphones by simdam500(m): 6:31pm On Oct 10, 2014
since2005:
[size=25pt]Dbanj is nolonger relevant, they should have chosen someone else lipsrsealed lipsrsealed [/size]
waste of money!!

HATERS shocked
Re: D'banj Becomes Apple/beats By Dre African Ambassador, Gets His Own Earphones by ARAMYDEH(f): 7:02pm On Oct 10, 2014
this guy and his generation cant b poor. Haha,even after say pipu no dey hear hin music again he is still gettin dat money
Re: D'banj Becomes Apple/beats By Dre African Ambassador, Gets His Own Earphones by tomiobj(m): 7:19pm On Oct 10, 2014
MadCow1:

35'k for beats headphones means you are buying China Beats..

. I dint know d price nd on beats website. The cheapest one was 200$. That's 32k. They r duping us innigeria
Re: D'banj Becomes Apple/beats By Dre African Ambassador, Gets His Own Earphones by emmy02(m): 8:18pm On Oct 10, 2014
Davidbanky:

Normal question poor people ask when they cannot afford a thing ... Sorry boss this is not an argument o

hehehe..and you can't even afford one.. grin grin grin
Re: D'banj Becomes Apple/beats By Dre African Ambassador, Gets His Own Earphones by Tonylyte(m): 8:35pm On Oct 10, 2014
Sapphire86:

Obviously not but u have a really negative and washed up attitude to him! Change biko! It's not his fault that he gets beatsbydre for free and you are gonna have to buy yours!
Damn! Get out you are too beaufully made. Witch.
Re: D'banj Becomes Apple/beats By Dre African Ambassador, Gets His Own Earphones by Sapphire86(f): 8:51pm On Oct 10, 2014
Tonylyte:

Damn! Get out you are too beaufully made. Witch.

grin cheesy grin

2 parties were involved - God and my parents!
Re: D'banj Becomes Apple/beats By Dre African Ambassador, Gets His Own Earphones by Akiika: 9:20pm On Oct 10, 2014
since2005:
[size=25pt]Dbanj is nolonger relevant, they should have chosen someone else lipsrsealed lipsrsealed [/size]
waste of money!!
Like you? with your so so negativity!
Re: D'banj Becomes Apple/beats By Dre African Ambassador, Gets His Own Earphones by Myself2(m): 9:22pm On Oct 10, 2014
For a loquacious D Banj that loves to mouth off and brag,I'm shocked he did not say how much the deal was worth,this could only mean one thing,,,,,your guess is as good as mine.

For those saying Don Jazzy will feel this and that,,,,D Banj is actually the one scrambling to catch up,Don Doro Jazzy is the most bankable artiste in Nigeria today and his income from album sales,roayalties and endorsements will dwarf anything Banga Lee can ever make from garri sales and beats endorsement which I suspect is paltry(prove me wrong with the actual figures)

Finally I like the two guys,just that loud-mouthed people put me off a bit,but what can I say,we're all human and every one deserves a second chance,though bangalee misfired and is now on your own o,on your own o(in Da Prince's voice),I must commend his fighting spirit and determination to not stay down

1 Like

Re: D'banj Becomes Apple/beats By Dre African Ambassador, Gets His Own Earphones by Tonylyte(m): 9:23pm On Oct 10, 2014
Sapphire86:

grin cheesy grin

2 parties were involved - God and my parents!
Do u have your own seperate God? I thought they was only one God for all?
Re: D'banj Becomes Apple/beats By Dre African Ambassador, Gets His Own Earphones by Sapphire86(f): 9:37pm On Oct 10, 2014
Tonylyte:

Do u have your own seperate God? I thought they was only one God for all?

Huh? I said God was involved, how have I separated Him?
Re: D'banj Becomes Apple/beats By Dre African Ambassador, Gets His Own Earphones by JEITO: 9:46pm On Oct 10, 2014
Shey db relate with this Mr Akinwumi minister of agric ni? Dem sabi dey together sha.
Re: D'banj Becomes Apple/beats By Dre African Ambassador, Gets His Own Earphones by Ziggyzito(m): 9:51pm On Oct 10, 2014
sexzskil:
YET, THIS DOESN'T MEAN HE WILL EVER GET TO MEET DRE FACE TO FACEsad
apparently you're uninformed. Check his Instagram page. You'll see photos of d'banj and Dr.Dre. Die sucker. tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: D'banj Becomes Apple/beats By Dre African Ambassador, Gets His Own Earphones by Ziggyzito(m): 9:56pm On Oct 10, 2014
Olulinks:

You are a bit right, but by the time the money he used to purchase this popularity stunt expires he will be thrown out again like Kanye threw him out the other time.

Maybe you didnt know why the 'relationship' between him and Kanye ended the way it did. He paid Kanye huge money to be unde GOOD music and when the money expired he was shown the way out.

Here he comes agin with DreBeat. Must he remain releva nt by force! We go know soon.
from the few words you spewed above, I'll have to opine that you're nothing but a ram!! A dumbfuckk at that!! You should be shot in the head for your stupidity. Your write up has no basis.

1 Like

Re: D'banj Becomes Apple/beats By Dre African Ambassador, Gets His Own Earphones by MrCork: 11:10pm On Oct 10, 2014
...*ibo made* on Tha way (no offense) angry

1 Like

Re: D'banj Becomes Apple/beats By Dre African Ambassador, Gets His Own Earphones by Davidbanky(m): 11:27pm On Oct 10, 2014
emmy02:

hehehe..and you can't even afford one.. grin grin grin

I have one ....
Re: D'banj Becomes Apple/beats By Dre African Ambassador, Gets His Own Earphones by iamboody(m): 11:34pm On Oct 10, 2014
Myself2:
For a loquacious D Banj that loves to mouth off and brag,I'm shocked he did not say how much the deal was worth,this could only mean one thing,,,,,your guess is as good as mine.

For those saying Don Jazzy will feel this and that,,,,D Banj is actually the one scrambling to catch up,Don Doro Jazzy is the most bankable artiste in Nigeria today and his income from album sales,roayalties and endorsements will dwarf anything Banga Lee can ever make from garri sales and beats endorsement which I suspect is paltry(prove me wrong with the actual figures)

Finally I like the two guys,just that loud-mouthed people put me off a bit,but what can I say,we're all human and every one deserves a second chance,though bangalee misfired and is now on your own o,on your own o(in Da Prince's voice),I must commend his fighting spirit and determination to not stay down
1. Bros I have never heard where Dbanj disclose how much an endorsement is worth. . Show your proves pls

2. The don is more loquacious than Dbanj. And can't remeber Doro boss decleare how much loya milk and MTN are paying.

3. D don is the most bankable in the paper (theory) while Dbanj is most bankable in real life (pratical). Most bankable in Africa should be getting deals like this. Most bankable that doesn't have major endorsement apart from MTN which doesn't even near what Dbanj earns with GLO.

4. Don't be a learner how much do you think they get from royalty and album sale. Piracy has taken over. They only get bulk of their money from shows and endorsements... Man, Dbanj gets royalty too, he gets proceeds frm album sale too and still go for show.

5. Finaly don't ever compare Dbanj and The Don wealth, the former is far ahead. Don't you ever compare Apple endorsement with loya milk, Mtn or Glo. The the latter are just childs play. Abeg no make me yab the Don cos I like am too.

2 Likes

Re: D'banj Becomes Apple/beats By Dre African Ambassador, Gets His Own Earphones by ideee03(f): 11:46pm On Oct 10, 2014
Wow,congrats to him.It's a huge deal.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Phyno & Aubameyang Could Be Blood Brothers,Nigerians React On Twitter(Pics) / Naomi Nkechi Emmanuel & Ambrose’s Pre-Wedding Photos / Seun Osigbesan Celebrates Birthday Of Daughter, Charlotte Omokorede Osigbesan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.