Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,653 members, 7,813,205 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

15 Notoriously Disgusting Foods In The Planet That Will Make Your Stomach Turn. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 15 Notoriously Disgusting Foods In The Planet That Will Make Your Stomach Turn. (6102 Views)

12 Tricks To Flatten Your Stomach For Good. / 10 Disgusting Facts About Fast Food (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Notoriously Disgusting Foods In The Planet That Will Make Your Stomach Turn. by Frankestein08(m): 3:51pm On Oct 10, 2014
The world is so big that we haven’t tasted every single food in this planet and one of the greatest thing in life is to explore other cultures and see how other people eat, but sometimes you need a strong stomach to deal with what you find.

If you’re a gag-seeker, food adventurer, or looking for new ethnic dish that goes well beyond the ordinary dinner party fare, here are some of the most unusual foods from around the globe.

Ooh I forgot to mention they are also the most notoriously disgusting food you can find.

1. Balut
This is a common street food in Southeast Asia, a developed duck embryo boiled alive and eaten in its egg. Looks gross but so tasty Just don’t look at the fetus when eating it.

2. Deep Fried Breaded Rat
Love fried delicacies? Why don’t you try this deep fried battered rat?

3. Fried Rat
Rats are considered a delicacy in Southeast Asia. In China, there are street vendors that sell the rodent deep fried on a stick.

4. Mice Fetuses on a Maple Frosted Donut
Apparently some Chinese eats this disgusting food (if that’s what you call it).I don’t know what it taste like and I wouldn’t want to know…

1 Share

Re: 15 Notoriously Disgusting Foods In The Planet That Will Make Your Stomach Turn. by Frankestein08(m): 3:56pm On Oct 10, 2014
4. Cockroach Soup
If having a cockroach in your dish is a terrible experience, would you imagine eating these nasty creatures serve in your soup? Well guess what some Chinese eat them!

5. Cow Lips
This one looks so frightening. Just look at those spikes! But, according to some they are delicious in tacos.

6. Fried Tarantulas
Fried and crispy tarantulas are usually cooked in Cambodia. Markets and small local shops offer a treat for tourists. If you want to buy this crunchy snack, just ask one of the walkingvendors.

7. Haggis
A traditional Scottish dish made from a sheep’s stomach stuffed with diced sheep’s liver, lungs and heart, oatmeal, onion, suet and seasoning. Sounds good but looks disgusting.

1 Share

Re: 15 Notoriously Disgusting Foods In The Planet That Will Make Your Stomach Turn. by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 10, 2014
[size=26] Seems anytime I'm going to China I'll pack enough food stuff cos I don't think there's anything I can eat in that country

yuck [/size]

4 Likes

Re: 15 Notoriously Disgusting Foods In The Planet That Will Make Your Stomach Turn. by Frankestein08(m): 4:01pm On Oct 10, 2014
8. Larva of wood bloodworms
In Australia, great white larva of wood bloodworms is one of the main foods of natives. They can be eaten alive or fried if wanted. Locals says it taste like almonds. The good thing is larvae are an excellent protein source.

9. Ox Penis
In some parts of Asia Ox penis is serve in soups or can be eaten alone. Seems like your sucking some d*ck when eating this. LOL

10. Rooster Testicles
If there’s a pe*i* of course there are testicles. Rooster testicles doesn’t look that awful and some says it quiet delicious.

11. Rocky Mountain Oysters
Speaking of testicles, bull fries or bull testicles are being cooked traditionally in many countries. The recipe of the dish is simple and very interesting to execute. Such delicatessen for many people might sound crazy and even gross, but the dish is really exquisite.

1 Share

Re: 15 Notoriously Disgusting Foods In The Planet That Will Make Your Stomach Turn. by Nobody: 4:05pm On Oct 10, 2014
No 1 - 5 sha. Smh. I'd love to taste the cockroach soup.
Re: 15 Notoriously Disgusting Foods In The Planet That Will Make Your Stomach Turn. by Frankestein08(m): 4:07pm On Oct 10, 2014
12. Casu Marzu “Rotten Cheese”
A traditional sheep milk cheese from Sardinia, Italy. These cheeses are purposely prepared to become the natural breeding grounds for nests of maggots. This could be the most disgusting cheese in the world though one of the tastiest.

13. Bat Paste and Soup
Bats are part of the native cuisine insome parts of Thailand, China, Guamand more, but they are considered notorious disease carriers. In Thailand bats are cooked in boiling water or milk, added with Thai herbsand spices. Would you like to try this delicacy? I better skip it for now.

14. Live Cobra
In theVietnamese village of Le Mat nearer Hanoi, they will rip out a snake’s still-beating heart and serve it to you in a bowl. (Pictured here is cobra wine)

15. Three Lizard Liquor
After having your unusual dinner why don’t you have a few shots of this “Three Lizard Liquor”? This fancy wine is predominantly found in Asia and is typically produced by infusing lizards (three to be precise) into rice wine.The traditional eastern medicine theory states that this allows the lizard’s energy to be absorbed by the alcohol and thus transferred to whoever drinks it.

Bonus:
Obnoxious Japanese Food – Uhmm would you eat those toppings?
Re: 15 Notoriously Disgusting Foods In The Planet That Will Make Your Stomach Turn. by Frankestein08(m): 4:13pm On Oct 10, 2014
12 - 15

1 Share

Re: 15 Notoriously Disgusting Foods In The Planet That Will Make Your Stomach Turn. by Frankestein08(m): 4:15pm On Oct 10, 2014
Bonus grin

1 Share

Re: 15 Notoriously Disgusting Foods In The Planet That Will Make Your Stomach Turn. by Frankestein08(m): 4:19pm On Oct 10, 2014
missberrypop5:

I better inform ur future husband undecided
Re: 15 Notoriously Disgusting Foods In The Planet That Will Make Your Stomach Turn. by Frankestein08(m): 4:21pm On Oct 10, 2014
Yungwizzzy:
[size=26] Seems anytime I'm going to China I'll pack enough food stuff cos I don't think there's anything I can eat in that country

yuck [/size]

lmao, u shld at least taste the cobra wine na.
Re: 15 Notoriously Disgusting Foods In The Planet That Will Make Your Stomach Turn. by echobee(f): 4:23pm On Oct 10, 2014
missberrypop5:
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked. U?
*throws up on the ops head for making my belly fight royal rumble*
Re: 15 Notoriously Disgusting Foods In The Planet That Will Make Your Stomach Turn. by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 10, 2014
Frankestein08:

I better inform ur future husband undecided
i'm sure he'd love it.
Re: 15 Notoriously Disgusting Foods In The Planet That Will Make Your Stomach Turn. by Nobody: 4:27pm On Oct 10, 2014
echobee:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked. U?
*throws up on the ops head for making my belly fight royal rumble*
hahahahahaha. It's good try something new. Like eating octopus- heard it's sweet.
Re: 15 Notoriously Disgusting Foods In The Planet That Will Make Your Stomach Turn. by KingTom(m): 4:30pm On Oct 10, 2014
missberrypop5:
i'm sure he'd love it.
I will grin
Re: 15 Notoriously Disgusting Foods In The Planet That Will Make Your Stomach Turn. by Dreal1247: 4:31pm On Oct 10, 2014
But Chinese eat weird food. They eat virtually everything. Was told that they eat frog.
Re: 15 Notoriously Disgusting Foods In The Planet That Will Make Your Stomach Turn. by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 10, 2014
Obara jesuuuuuuuu.........what is all this? shocked

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: 15 Notoriously Disgusting Foods In The Planet That Will Make Your Stomach Turn. by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 10, 2014
KingTom:
I will grin
you'll eat Bat Paste and Soup
Bats while i take my cockroach soup. grin grin.
If it's tasty ain't sharing with you. tongue

1 Like

Re: 15 Notoriously Disgusting Foods In The Planet That Will Make Your Stomach Turn. by Frankestein08(m): 4:42pm On Oct 10, 2014
missberrypop5:
i'm sure he'd love it.

As the future president of dis beloved country, you're hereby deported back to mars. grin
Re: 15 Notoriously Disgusting Foods In The Planet That Will Make Your Stomach Turn. by Frankestein08(m): 4:43pm On Oct 10, 2014
missberrypop5:
i'm sure he'd love it.

As the future president of dis beloved country, you're hereby deported back to mars.
Re: 15 Notoriously Disgusting Foods In The Planet That Will Make Your Stomach Turn. by jobsat34(m): 4:44pm On Oct 10, 2014
God have mercy... shocked shocked shocked
Re: 15 Notoriously Disgusting Foods In The Planet That Will Make Your Stomach Turn. by echobee(f): 4:46pm On Oct 10, 2014
missberrypop5:
hahahahahaha. It's good try something new. Like eating octopus- heard it's sweet.
sad sad angry
Re: 15 Notoriously Disgusting Foods In The Planet That Will Make Your Stomach Turn. by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 10, 2014
Frankestein08:

As the future president of dis beloved country, you're hereby deported back to mars.
really? shocked shocked. Pls when will that be? Let me get fully prepared cheesy i'll be looking forward to the deportation cool
Re: 15 Notoriously Disgusting Foods In The Planet That Will Make Your Stomach Turn. by Nobody: 4:51pm On Oct 10, 2014
Re: 15 Notoriously Disgusting Foods In The Planet That Will Make Your Stomach Turn. by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 10, 2014
jobsat34:
God have mercy... shocked shocked shocked
Close your eyes biko. grin
Re: 15 Notoriously Disgusting Foods In The Planet That Will Make Your Stomach Turn. by KingTom(m): 4:52pm On Oct 10, 2014
missberrypop5:
you'll eat Bat Paste and Soup
Bats while i take my cockroach soup. grin grin.
If it's tasty ain't sharing with you. tongue
Well ok but rat intestines and roasted salted cow dung is mine o grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 15 Notoriously Disgusting Foods In The Planet That Will Make Your Stomach Turn. by Frankestein08(m): 4:55pm On Oct 10, 2014
missberrypop5:
really? shocked shocked. Pls when will that be? Let me get fully prepared cheesy i'll be looking forward to the deportation cool

lol, jst chillax
Re: 15 Notoriously Disgusting Foods In The Planet That Will Make Your Stomach Turn. by daveP(m): 4:56pm On Oct 10, 2014
MzMariah:
Obara jesuuuuuuuu.........what is all this? shocked

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
u brought me here. angry
Re: 15 Notoriously Disgusting Foods In The Planet That Will Make Your Stomach Turn. by Nobody: 4:56pm On Oct 10, 2014
Yuck!
Re: 15 Notoriously Disgusting Foods In The Planet That Will Make Your Stomach Turn. by Nobody: 4:58pm On Oct 10, 2014
daveP:
u brought me here. angry
Xup? can you eat any of what op posted
Re: 15 Notoriously Disgusting Foods In The Planet That Will Make Your Stomach Turn. by Nobody: 5:00pm On Oct 10, 2014
KingTom:
Well ok but rat intestines and roasted salted cow dung is mine o grin grin grin
No problem cheesy grin grin
Re: 15 Notoriously Disgusting Foods In The Planet That Will Make Your Stomach Turn. by priscaoge(f): 5:01pm On Oct 10, 2014
Only in China cheesy

One reason Y I love my Country Nigeria kiss kiss kiss

Coming down to my tribe,we have Onugbu Soup,Oha, Nsala, Egusi and even Ofe Owerri served with Pounded yam, Fufu Or even Semo wink

So with all these why will I commit suicide eating Cockroaches and rats angry angry angry angry

4 Likes

Re: 15 Notoriously Disgusting Foods In The Planet That Will Make Your Stomach Turn. by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 10, 2014
priscaoge:
Only in China cheesy

One reason Y I love my Country Nigeria kiss kiss kiss

Coming down to my tribe,we have Onugbu Soup,Oha, Nsala, Egusi and even Ofe Owerri served with Pounded yam, Fufu Or even Semo wink

So with all these why will I commit suicide eating Cockroaches and rats angry angry angry angry
chai! See better food.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Bake Perfect Yummy Sponge Cake Without Oven / Why Do My Soup Get Sour? / Cambridge Diet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.