Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,755 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Jonathan Flags-off First Phase Of The $1bn Azura-Edo Greenfield Power Plant - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Jonathan Flags-off First Phase Of The $1bn Azura-Edo Greenfield Power Plant (17142 Views)

FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant / FG, China To Fund $5bn Mambilla Power Plant / FG Signs $1bn Mou On 1,000MW Plant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Flags-off First Phase Of The $1bn Azura-Edo Greenfield Power Plant by blemon44(m): 8:34am On Oct 11, 2014
abdulabbakar:
wink

Its because your types were born to be ruled by a beanpole like him! wink

APC for Good!

Soon you'll be saying PDP for good
Re: Jonathan Flags-off First Phase Of The $1bn Azura-Edo Greenfield Power Plant by Ubenedictus(m): 8:48am On Oct 11, 2014
new2020:

Tell them my brother, typical APC, yoruba propaganda. They will never give Federal government credit due to them. Same with Ebola success, they are all crying Fashola, Fashola, this and that. Listen, Fashola did nothing...wasn't it the same Fashola that refused the magic Nano Silver that saved lives? Come on people! The Federal Government under a very active minister of health championed this ebola cause and deserves commendation. Same with this project, federal government should be commended.
actually, fg didn't release money for ebola until after he scare was over, they don't deserve praise for that.
Secondly this project isn't funded by fg so i see no reason why they should be praised for this.
Re: Jonathan Flags-off First Phase Of The $1bn Azura-Edo Greenfield Power Plant by Cornel88(m): 9:18am On Oct 11, 2014
Obinoscopy:
Yes it is. Kudos to Oshiomhole.
Oshiomhole?
Re: Jonathan Flags-off First Phase Of The $1bn Azura-Edo Greenfield Power Plant by cbrass(m): 9:34am On Oct 11, 2014
blemon44:
GEJ is really doing a great walk but what i still don't understand is why some people are hating, i just don't get it.
As for me and my family we will vote Goodluck till the world ends.

And your life and that of your families lives even to the fourth generation will be ruled the way Gej is rulling this country...say amen to that!

Don't worry I will help you say a big AMEN!!!
Re: Jonathan Flags-off First Phase Of The $1bn Azura-Edo Greenfield Power Plant by Gablo500(m): 9:35am On Oct 11, 2014
Obinoscopy:
Wetin concern oshiomole for dis mata
GEJ all d way

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Flags-off First Phase Of The $1bn Azura-Edo Greenfield Power Plant by Nobody: 9:40am On Oct 11, 2014
Ubenedictus:
actually, fg didn't release money for ebola until after he scare was over, they don't deserve praise for that.
Secondly this project isn't funded by fg so i see no reason why they should be praised for this.

It's funded by the federal government 100%. Any funds expended by Lagos state during the infancy of Ebola was refunded to them when it became a national security risk. Ebola is a national security risk, constitutionally, by law, MUST...federal government has to step in or declare state of emergency on Lagos if Lagos had refused to let them in. It was after Federal government stepped in with strong intelligence on Ebola treatment did we see decline in cases and spread. We have to know the law and what it says; not just what we are told. You never hear of Rivers state; it has just amount of cases of Ebola but doesn't make noise. Likewise, federal government is present in Rivers state nibbling this epidemic.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Flags-off First Phase Of The $1bn Azura-Edo Greenfield Power Plant by Nobody: 9:43am On Oct 11, 2014
I would like to thank the investors and d fed govt for picking my state as the host of this great project and to my action gov for making do state attractive and viable for investors..hope dis project will be effectively followed up to avoid abandonment...dis will go a long way to better the power generated in d country

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Flags-off First Phase Of The $1bn Azura-Edo Greenfield Power Plant by GreatFatherson: 10:53am On Oct 11, 2014
Ubenedictus:

If you want to hate, you will always be able to find the reason to justify the hatred.

Why our dear country is still struggling is because of mental laziness on the part of most Nigerians. The article is well written and very clear but because of tribal prejudices and political desperation we refuse to see what is staring us right in our faces. People should go back and read that article carefully and benefit from it.

Now here are the key points:

This is private project with no financing from government.

It is driven by Dr David Ladipo (an incredibly brilliant Yoruba man in diaspora), and Sundeep Bahanda. These are the guys that truly truly deserve praises and encomiums for the vision, foresight and tenacity in making this project happen. This is deal-making at its best.

The Comrade Governor Adams Oshiomole deserve praise because his government provided the land and cooperation of the host communities and got minority equity in the project. He must also be commended for setting up the PPP Office which is 'a project incubator and business accelerator in Edo State'

The President deserves praise because it is his Power Sector Reform and aggressive expansion of gas pipeline network in the country that made this project possible.

There are 5 Co-developers and Equity Sponsors including our own indigenous ARM. Kudos to Deji Alli, OFR.

There are also 5 Debt Arrangers including IFC, Rand Merchant Bank and our own FCMB. Kudos to Ladi Balogun.

Total cost including gas infrastructure $1b.

Smart Yoruba men are keying into the policies of this so-called clueless president and getting richer by the minute while some clowns in the slums of Mushin or washing plates in a run down restaurant somewhere in UK or USA come to our beloved Nairaland and be spewing grammatically atrocious nonsense.

Christ said " the poor will always be among you". I concur and add " fools will always be among us".

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Flags-off First Phase Of The $1bn Azura-Edo Greenfield Power Plant by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 11, 2014
Baddest post of the year.. grin

GreatFatherson:

If you want to hate, you will always be able to find the reason to justify the hatred.

Why our dear country is still struggling is because of mental laziness on the part of most Nigerians. The article is well written and very clear but because of tribal prejudices and political desperation we refuse to see what is staring us right in our faces. People should go back and read that article carefully and benefit from it.

It is driven by Dr David Ladipo (an incredibly brilliant Yoruba man in diaspora), and Sundeep Bahanda. These are the guys that truly truly deserve praises and encomiums for the vision, foresight and tenacity in making this project happen. This is deal-making at its best.

The Comrade Governor Adams Oshiomole deserve praise because his government provided the land and cooperation of the host communities and got minority equity in the project. He must also be commended for setting up the PPP Office which is 'a project incubator and business accelerator in Edo State'

The President deserves praise because it is his Power Sector Reform and aggressive expansion of gas pipeline network in the country that made this project possible.

There are 5 Co-developers and Equity Sponsors including our own indigenous ARM. Kudos to Deji Alli, OFR.

There are also 5 Debt Arrangers including IFC, Rand Merchant Bank and our own FCMB. Kudos to Ladi Balogun.

[b][/b]Smart Yoruba men are keying into the policies of this so-called clueless president and getting richer by the minute while some clowns in the slums of Mushin or washing plates in a run down restaurant somewhere in UK or USA come to our beloved Nairaland and be spewing grammatically atrocious nonsense.

Christ said " the poor will always be among you". I concur and add " fools will always be among us".

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Flags-off First Phase Of The $1bn Azura-Edo Greenfield Power Plant by Godskidmidas(m): 11:29am On Oct 11, 2014
rufychuks:
I hope this isnt another charade. Power Stations are being launched everytime but no major improvement in power supply. Lets hope this is the real deal.
so you mean to tell power hasn't improved where u live?
Re: Jonathan Flags-off First Phase Of The $1bn Azura-Edo Greenfield Power Plant by Godskidmidas(m): 11:32am On Oct 11, 2014
Armaggeddon:

2015 things. What was the clueless thinking over three years. They know that Nigerian electorate are sick pple who vote based on ethnicity and religion that's why they will always use cheap campaign strategy to catch imbeciles like this one. I weep for this country.
and you'd to insult him to make your point
Re: Jonathan Flags-off First Phase Of The $1bn Azura-Edo Greenfield Power Plant by Ubenedictus(m): 11:35am On Oct 11, 2014
GreatFatherson:

Smart Yoruba men are keying into the policies of this so-called clueless president and getting richer by the minute while some clowns in the slums of Mushin or washing plates in a run down restaurant somewhere in UK or USA come to our beloved Nairaland and be spewing grammatically atrocious nonsense.

i'll agree with the acolades you have just given, my point in the previous post was that the project isn't a federal one and so the private sector should actually be thanked. You are right though that the blue print they are workin on is the power reform of the fg.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Flags-off First Phase Of The $1bn Azura-Edo Greenfield Power Plant by Godskidmidas(m): 11:36am On Oct 11, 2014
Godskidmidas:

so you mean to tell me power hasn't improved where u live?
Re: Jonathan Flags-off First Phase Of The $1bn Azura-Edo Greenfield Power Plant by Melinde: 12:16pm On Oct 11, 2014
edgyslim:
Another white elephant project. SMH
sharraapp! That's why you refused to grow. Enemy of progress
Re: Jonathan Flags-off First Phase Of The $1bn Azura-Edo Greenfield Power Plant by Nobody: 1:34pm On Oct 11, 2014
Good one! When actually is Nigeria going to experience stable power supply? It is annoying to be hearing nonsense on the power failure in the GIANT of Africa cities. Jeez! I get nausea whenever I read about poor power system in Nigeria. It makes me sick to the bone! angry angry angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry cry
Re: Jonathan Flags-off First Phase Of The $1bn Azura-Edo Greenfield Power Plant by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 11, 2014
edgyslim:
God punish u and ur Islamic religion apc
Re: Jonathan Flags-off First Phase Of The $1bn Azura-Edo Greenfield Power Plant by guttentag(m): 3:32pm On Oct 11, 2014
PLEASE CAN SOMEBODY TELL OSHIOMOLEN THAT EKPOMA DOES NOT HAVE ROAD!
Re: Jonathan Flags-off First Phase Of The $1bn Azura-Edo Greenfield Power Plant by agitator: 3:47pm On Oct 11, 2014
lilprinze:
Patiently waiting for those enemies of progress called APC (Anti progressive Change) to condemn this good development.

No need to wait, dudes are already here before your arrival grin grin grin

edgyslim:

daresma93:
Don't be suprise my fellow nairalander if you visit the site and see for yourself that all this talk about this and that is merely publicity stunt #say no to corruption

rufychuks:
I hope this isnt another charade. Power Stations are being launched everytime but no major improvement in power supply. Lets hope this is the real deal.

Even though the OP was clear right in the opening sentence, GEJ's name alone blinded them with hatred. grin grin grin

Orina:

President Goodluck Jonathan on Friday flagged-off the first phase of the $1 billion Azura-Edo power plant, the first fully privately financed independent power plant (IPP) in the country, located in Ihovbor/Orior Odemwende communities of Edo State.

Orina:

It is the first fully financed private sector power plant project. It is also the first power generation project to receive the World Bank Partial Risk Guarantee and Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA) support..

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Flags-off First Phase Of The $1bn Azura-Edo Greenfield Power Plant by Nobody: 4:14pm On Oct 11, 2014
What is going on?! Why can't Nigeria fix this problem of power once and for all? lipsrsealed angry cry cry cry cry
Re: Jonathan Flags-off First Phase Of The $1bn Azura-Edo Greenfield Power Plant by edgyslim: 4:32pm On Oct 11, 2014
Frankmishael:

You better wake the fvck up. Do I sound or look like a muslim to you.

Must u resort to insults before you make a point.

Keep this up and I will tell you where your father is buried.

Ediot.
Re: Jonathan Flags-off First Phase Of The $1bn Azura-Edo Greenfield Power Plant by edgyslim: 4:38pm On Oct 11, 2014
Melinde:
sharraapp! That's why you refused to grow. Enemy of progress

I can only imagine how ur life must suck. You talk about growth but simple manners on a public forum you do not have.

So tell me, who needs to grow.

Ediot
Re: Jonathan Flags-off First Phase Of The $1bn Azura-Edo Greenfield Power Plant by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 11, 2014
Is there any image for the flag-off of the power plant?
Re: Jonathan Flags-off First Phase Of The $1bn Azura-Edo Greenfield Power Plant by edgyslim: 4:45pm On Oct 11, 2014
Stelvin101:

Sadist. Must you always show urself with all ur negative opinion? Nothing Jona have done u ever liked. I have been noticing ur comments angry

From the poo u just spilled, I can only deduce that you have 2 problems.

1. You are clearly blind.
2.Corruption has become a way of life for you.

I do not argue with f00ls who try to make everything political.

So I'll just let you wallow in that pigstye way of life u live.

Ediot

PS: 10 bucks says you are part of the people who got their own share of the stomach infrastructure rice.
Re: Jonathan Flags-off First Phase Of The $1bn Azura-Edo Greenfield Power Plant by eelvismd(m): 5:33pm On Oct 11, 2014
Orina:
The first phase of the Azura-Edo IPP is a 450 megawatts greenfield, open cycle gas turbine power station, with a total capital cost of $735 million. It represents the first phase of a 1,500 megawatts power plant facility.
Why open cycle? What happened to combined cycle? I don't get the logic of going for open cycle when combined cycle is the norm everywhere because of its higher efficiency.
Re: Jonathan Flags-off First Phase Of The $1bn Azura-Edo Greenfield Power Plant by Endougs(m): 5:42pm On Oct 11, 2014
Obinoscopy:

why oshiomole it didn't say it's a state governmenp project.
Re: Jonathan Flags-off First Phase Of The $1bn Azura-Edo Greenfield Power Plant by SHAAWA: 7:22pm On Oct 11, 2014
Darkness fell across the land.......
Wuse II and Central area Abuja be precise. The electricity situation in these areas is worse than ever now.
I hope this is not another Abracadabra....
Re: Jonathan Flags-off First Phase Of The $1bn Azura-Edo Greenfield Power Plant by SHAAWA: 7:29pm On Oct 11, 2014
Frankmishael:

Re: Jonathan Flags-off First Phase Of The $1bn Azura-Edo Greenfield Power Plant by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 11, 2014
edgyslim:

From the poo u just spilled, I can only deduce that you have 2 problems.

1. You are clearly blind.
2.Corruption has become a way of life for you.

I do not argue with f00ls who try to make everything political.

So I'll just let you wallow in that pigstye way of life u live.

Ediot

PS: 10 bucks says you are part of the people who got their own share of the stomach infrastructure rice.

It's ur lucky day coz am not in d mood for childish talks. I already made my point clear n it sank into that ur APC brain. If not u won't be ranting like a chimpanzee grin
Re: Jonathan Flags-off First Phase Of The $1bn Azura-Edo Greenfield Power Plant by GreatFatherson: 10:03pm On Oct 11, 2014
eelvismd:

Why open cycle? What happened to combined cycle? I don't get the logic of going for open cycle when combined cycle is the norm everywhere because of its higher efficiency.
It is open cycle because that is what the funding for this project can cover. Remember that getting FDI to the tune of $1b is no walk in the park.
The closed cycle will come in the next phase when the financiers become less apprehensive from the bad press our country is getting from Western media.
Re: Jonathan Flags-off First Phase Of The $1bn Azura-Edo Greenfield Power Plant by edgyslim: 2:23pm On Oct 12, 2014
Stelvin101:

It's ur lucky day coz am not in d mood for childish talks. I already made my point clear n it sank into that ur APC brain. If not u won't be ranting like a chimpanzee grin

Keep supporting mediocrity and a sub-standard way of life.

I see your corper uniform. Reality would soon hit you when you round up and hit the labour market.

Bl00dy f00l. wink
Re: Jonathan Flags-off First Phase Of The $1bn Azura-Edo Greenfield Power Plant by Nobody: 7:01pm On Oct 12, 2014
edgyslim:

Keep supporting mediocrity and a sub-standard way of life.

I see your corper uniform. Reality would soon hit you when you round up and hit the labour market.

Bl00dy f00l. wink

I already have a job awaiting me. See enemy of progress oooooo. If he pain you well well, go wear your own. Chai! Dis guy you need Jesus coz u r a complete sadist. Lemme not us my double edged sword mouth on you grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Problem Facing Business Enterprises In Nigeria / Tony Elumelu Foundation And UNDP To Empower Only Northern Nigerians? / Petrolex Mega Oil City To Ease Apapa Gridlock By 60%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.