Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,130 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

Good Manners In Islam - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Good Manners In Islam (17532 Views)

Fertility Issues And Contraception In Islam: / Ingredients Of Marital Love In Islam / Importance Of Good Manners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Good Manners In Islam by Rilwayne001: 11:11pm On Oct 10, 2014
1- GOOD MANNERS AND GOOD CHARACTERS:

Islam is a beautiful religion, full of wisdom and harmony. If this wonderful religion is followed properly then a typical Muslim would only be a great example to follow.

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr: "The Prophet never used bad language neither a 'Fahish nor a Mutafahish. He used to say 'The best amongst you are those who have the best manners and character.' (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Virtues and Merits of the Prophet (peace be upon him) and his Companions, Volume 4, Book 56, Number 759) "

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr: "The Prophet never used bad language neither a "Fahish nor a Mutafahish. He used to say "The best amongst you are those who have the best manners and character." (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Virtues and Merits of the Prophet (pbuh) and his Companions, Volume 4, Book 56, Number 759) "

Narrated Masruq: "Abdullah bin 'Amr mentioned Allah's Apostle saying that he was neither a Fahish nor a Mutafahish.Abdullah bin 'Amr added, Allah's Apostle said, 'The best among you are those who have the best manners and character.' (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Good Manners and Form (Al-Adab), Volume 8, Book 73, Number 56) "

2- REPEL EVIL WITH GOOD:
Allah Almighty in the Noble Quran commands us to return the evil that is done to us by others to not only with good, but with best!

Let us look at Noble Verse 13:22 "Those who patiently persevere, seeking the countenance of their Lord; establish regular prayers; spend out of (the gifts) We have bestowed for their sustenance, secretly and openly; and turn off evil with good : for such there is the final attainment of the (Eternal) Home."

Let us look at Noble Verse 23:96 " Repel evil with that which is best: We are Well-acquainted with the things they say."

Let us look at Noble Verse 41:34 "Nor can goodness and evil be equal. Repel (evil) with that is better: Then will he between whom and thee was hatred become as it were thy friend and intimate!."

Let us look at Noble Verse 28:54 "Twice will they be given their reward, for that they have persevered, that they avert evil with good , and that they spend (in charity) out of what We have given them."

Let us look at Noble Verse 42:40 "The recompense for an injury is an injury equal thereto (in degree): but if a person forgives and makes reconciliation, his reward is due from Allah: for (Allah) Loveth not those who do wrong."

Whether people speak evil of you, in your presence or behind your back, or they do evil to you in either of those ways, all is known to Allah Almighty. It is not for you to punish. Your best course is not to do evil in your turn, but to do what will best repel the evil. Two evils do not make a good.

You do not return good for evil, for there is no equality or comparison between the two. You repel or destroy evil with something which is far better, just as an antidote is better than poison. You foil hatred with love. You repel ignorance with knowledge, folly and wickedness with the friendly message of Revelation. The man who was in bondage of sin,you not only liberate from sin, but make him your greatest friend and helper in the cause of Allah Almighty!. Such is the alchemy of the Word of Allah Almighty!. Your credit for returning evil with good and paying for charity is double. Also if you forgive and return the evil with good,.then Allah Almighty will love you and reward you.

3- FURTHER GOOD MANNER TEACHINGS IN THE NOBLE QURAN:

"It is part of the Mercy of Allah that thou dost deal gently with them. Wert thou severe or harsh-hearted, they would have broken away from about thee: so pass over (their faults), and ask for (Allah's) forgiveness for them; and consult them in affairs (of moment). Then, when thou hast taken a decision, put thy trust in Allah. For Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him). (The Noble Quran, 3:159) "

"Those who spend (freely), whether in prosperity, or
in adversity; who restrain anger, and pardon (all)
men; for Allah loves those who do good. (The Noble
Quran, 3:134) "

"Hold to forgiveness; command what is right; but turn away from the ignorant. (The Noble Quran, 7:199) "

"Allah loveth not that evil should be noised a broad in public speech, except where injustice hath been done; for Allah is He Who heareth and knoweth all things. (The Noble Quran, 4:148) "

"Say to My servants that they should (only) say those things that are best: for Satan doth sow dissensions among them: for Satan is to man an avowed enemy. (The Noble Quran, 17:53) "

"Who avoid vain talk; (The Noble Quran, 23:3) "

"And when they hear vain talk, they turn away therefrom and say: 'To us our deeds, and to you yours; peace be to you: we seek not the ignorant.' (The Noble Quran, 28:55) "

4- NO VAIN TALKING OR FOUL LANGUAGE:

Muslims are commanded to stay away from vain talkers:

" When thou seest men engaged in vain discourse about Our signs, turn away from them unless they turn to a different theme. If Satan ever makes thee forget, then after recollection, sit not thou in the company of those who do wrong. (The Noble Quran, 6:68) "

"Who avoid vain talk; (The Noble Quran, 23:3) "

" And when they hear vain talk, they turn away therefrom and say: 'To us our deeds, and to you yours; peace be to you: we seek not the ignorant.' (The Noble Quran, 28:55) "

" So leave them to plunge in vain talk and play about, until they encounter that Day of theirs which they have been promised!- (The Noble Quran, 70:42) "

"(The sinners will saysmiley 'But we used to talk vanities with vain talkers;' (The Noble Quran, 74:45) "

58 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Good Manners In Islam by Rilwayne001: 11:12pm On Oct 10, 2014
5- Allah Almighty orders Muslims to deal kindly and justly with non-Muslims:

"Allah forbids you not, With regard to those who Fight you not for (your) Faith Nor drive you out Of your homes, From dealing kindly and justly With them: For Allah loveth Those who are just. (The Noble Quran, 60:cool "

Narrated Jarir bin 'Abdullah: "Allah's Apostle said, 'Allah will not be merciful to those who are not merciful to mankind.' (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, ONENESS, UNIQUENESS OF ALLAH (TAWHEED), Volume 9, Book 93, Number 473) "

The Muslim needs to always be polite, humble, patient, loving and well mannered when he/she deals with others, whether they were Muslims or non-Muslims. Allah Almighty certainly doesn't love those who are offensive and rude to others.

6- Greetings in Islam:
Allah Almighty in the Noble Quran commands us to return a greeting with a better one or at least an equal one. We must maintain the high standards in manners and always be the best examples.

Let us look at Noble Verse 4:86 "When a (courteous) greeting is offered you, meet it with a greeting still more courteous, or (at least) of equal courtesy. Allah takes careful account of all things."

7- Respecting others' properties:
Allah Almighty commands us to respect people's properties and not to be transgressors.

Let us look at Noble Verses 24:27-28 "27. O ye believe! Enter not houses other than your own, until ye have asked permission and saluted those in them: that is best for you, in order that ye may heed (what is seemly).

28. If ye find no one in the house, enter not until permission is given to you: if ye are asked to go back, go back: That makes for greater purity for yourselves: and Allah Knows well all that ye do."

8- Do not be a stuck-up!
Allah Almighty commands us not to be stuck-up. He commands us to be laid back and down to earth type of people.

Let us look at Noble Verse 17:37 "Nor walk on the earth with insolence: for thou can not rend the earth asunder, nor reach the mountains in height." "And swell not thy cheek (for pride) at men, nor walk in insolence through the earth; for God loveth not any arrogant boaster . (The Noble Quran, 31:18) "

Insolence, or arrogance, or undue elation at our powers or capacities, is the first step to many evils. Besides, it is unjustified. All our gifts are from Allah Almighty.

9- Is arguing in public allowed in Islam?
Let us look at what Allah Almighty Said in the Noble Quran: " God loveth not that evil should be noised abroad in public speech, except where injustice hath been done; for God is He who heareth and knoweth all things. (The Noble Quran, 4:148) "

So unless there is a good and just reason for having a public shouting, we as Muslims are Commanded by Allah Almighty to maintain our manners and good behavior in public.

10- How to be a "Strong Muslim" in Islam:
"Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The strong-man is not one who wrestles well but the strong man is one who controls himself when he is in a fit of rage. (The book of Muslim, Book 32, Number 6313) "

"Abu Huraira reported: I heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: One is not strong because of one's wrestling skillfully. They said: Allah's Messenger, then who is strong? He said: He who controls his anger when he is in a fit of rage. (The book of Muslim, Book 32, Number 6314) "

"Anas b. Malik reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Neither nurse mutual hatred, nor jealousy, nor enmity, and become as fellow brothers and servants of Allah. It is not lawful for a Muslim that he should keep his relations estranged with his brother beyond three days. (The book of Muslim, Book 32, Number 6205) "

"Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Don't nurse grudge and don't bid him out for raising the price and don't nurse aversion or enmity and don't enter into a transaction when the others have entered into that transaction and be as fellow-brothers and servants of Allah. A Muslim is the brother of a Muslim. He neither oppresses him nor humiliates him nor looks down upon him.The piety is here, (and while saying so) he pointed towards his chest thrice. It is a serious evil for a Muslim that he should look down upon his brother Muslim. All things of a Muslim are inviolable for his brother in faith: his blood, his wealth and his honour. (The book of Muslim, Book 32, Number 6219) "

62 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Good Manners In Islam by AlBaqir(m): 4:51am On Oct 11, 2014
^That presentations represent Islam, its values and teachings. Nice one OP.

May Allah protect this deen from evil of its bad followers, and from external enemies striving ceaselessly to drag the name of Islam in mud.

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Good Manners In Islam by Abdulsalam20(m): 7:42am On Oct 11, 2014
nice one more power to your elbow

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Good Manners In Islam by harmeenart(f): 8:58am On Oct 11, 2014
@op:jazakumullahu khyran.
Islam preaches having good characters even to those who dont believe.Little wonder why it is tied to our entering paradise.An hadith of the prophet tells us that those who would be in the topmost part of paradise are those who have eeman and good characters.
May Allah grant us good characters.

20 Likes

Re: Good Manners In Islam by Sissie(f): 4:03pm On Oct 11, 2014
AlBaqir:
^That presentations represent Islam, its values and teachings. Nice one OP.

May Allah protect this deen from evil of its bad followers, and from external enemies striving ceaselessly to drag the name of Islam in mud.

Amin

13 Likes

Re: Good Manners In Islam by adewasco2k(m): 6:14pm On Oct 11, 2014
Re: Good Manners In Islam by yhermmie(f): 8:26pm On Oct 11, 2014
Nice writeup. I'm proud to be a muslim!

23 Likes

Re: Good Manners In Islam by lekside2: 3:34pm On Oct 12, 2014
harmeenart:
@op:jazakumullahu khyran.
Islam preaches having good characters even to those who dont believe.Little wonder why it is tied to our entering paradise.An hadith of the prophet tells us that those who would be in the topmost part of paradise are those who have eeman and good characters.
May Allah grant us good characters.
Ameen

5 Likes

Re: Good Manners In Islam by ayinba1(f): 2:03am On Oct 13, 2014
Excellent post.
I ask these questions of myself.
Have I earned the right to be called a muslim?
How many attributes of Prophet Mohammed (SAW) have I emulated?
How much do I know about him (SAW) whom Allah describes as the "perfect example"?
Am I focusing on the right things or the trivial stuff?
How do I copy this perfect example if I do not learn about him?

My heart is not light because I feel like I wasted too much time. If I emulate Prophet Mohammed (SAW), I will be doing better dawah than verbally preaching to anyone.
I will have better inner peace. I will be successful in this world and the next.

I have a lot of work to do. May Allah make it easy for me, (Amin) and all the muslims.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Good Manners In Islam by Sissie(f): 6:23pm On Oct 13, 2014
ayinba1:
Excellent post.
How much do I know about him (SAW) whom Allah describes as the "perfect example"?

My heart is not light because I feel like I wasted too much time. If I emulate Prophet Mohammed (SAW), I will be doing better dawah than verbally preaching to anyone.
I will have better inner peace. I will be successful in this world and the next.

I have a lot of work to do. May Allah make it easy for me, (Amin) and all the muslims.
Amin, May Allah (SWT) mâke it easy for us.

4 Likes

Re: Good Manners In Islam by Rilwayne001: 9:26pm On Oct 16, 2014
ayinba1:
Excellent post.

Amin yaAllah

2 Likes

Re: Good Manners In Islam by maclatunji: 12:15am On Oct 17, 2014
Really nice thread.

2 Likes

Re: Good Manners In Islam by bebe2(f): 12:55am On Oct 17, 2014
Can this be interpreted in English pls.

it all sounds very confusing undecided

6 Likes

Re: Good Manners In Islam by biggmusty(m): 12:56am On Oct 17, 2014
May Allah help us all in becoming a better person.. Finally on front page! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Good Manners In Islam by ChemicalMallam(m): 12:59am On Oct 17, 2014
alhamdullilahi ala ni'matul ISLAM

4 Likes

Re: Good Manners In Islam by afreekah: 1:01am On Oct 17, 2014
'Abdullah ibn 'Umar narrated: "I heard Allah's Messenger say: “Three men from among those who were before you, set out together until they reached a cave at night and they entered it. A big rock rolled down the mountain and closed the mouth of the cave. They said (to each other): ‘Nothing can save us from this rock but to invoke Allah by mentionning the righteous deeds that we have done (for Allah’s sake only).” So, one of them said: ‘O Allah! I had old parents (whom I used to provide with milk) and I never provided my family (wife, children, etc.) with milk before them. One day, by chance I was delayed, and I arrived late (at night) after they had slept. I milked the sheep for them and then took the milk to them, but I found them sleeping. I did not like to offer my family the milk before them, so I waited for them and the bowl of milk was in my hand and I kept on waiting for them to get up until dawn. Then they got up and drank the milk. O Allah! If I did that for Your sake only, I invoke You to relieve us from our critical situation that has been caused by this rock.’ So, the rock moved a little, but they could not get out. The Prophet (SAWS) added: “The second man said: ‘O Allah! I had a cousin who was the dearest of all people to me and I wanted to have sexual intercourse with her, but she refused. Later she came across hard times during a year of famine and she came to me, and I gave her one hundred and twenty dinars on the condition that she would not resist my desires, and she agreed. When I was about to fulfill my desires, she said: “It is illegal for you to violate my chastity except through legitimate marriage.” So, I realized it was a sin to have sexual intercourse with her and left her, though she was the dearest of all people to me. I also left the gold I had given her. O Allah! If I did that for Your sake only, please relieve us from the present calamity.’ So, the rock moved a little more, but still they could not get out from the cave. The Prophet (SAWS) added: “Then the third man said: ‘O Allah! I employed few laborers and I paid them all of them their wages, with the exception of one man who did not take his wages and went away. I invested his wages and I gained much profit from this. (Then after some time) he came and said to me: “O Allah’s servant! Pay me my wages.” I said to him: “All the camels, cows, sheep, and slaves that you see here, are yours.” He said: “O Allah’s slave! Don’t mock me.” I said: “I am not mocking you.” So, he took the herd and drove them away and left nothing. O Allah! If I did that for Your sake only, please relieve us from the present suffering.’ So, the rock moved completely and they walked out.

18 Likes

Re: Good Manners In Islam by TheGeneral1(m): 1:01am On Oct 17, 2014
Good one OP!
Re: Good Manners In Islam by yhemrite(m): 1:02am On Oct 17, 2014
Proud to be a muslim....we need to put more of prophet teaching into practice rather than oral.....May almighty Allah protect and guide us to the right path...AMEEN

4 Likes

Re: Good Manners In Islam by Psylas(m): 1:06am On Oct 17, 2014
Smh

2 Likes

Re: Good Manners In Islam by adepiero: 1:17am On Oct 17, 2014
Allah Akbar! may Allah be praised + barika juma'a to all Muslim fatefuls

4 Likes

Re: Good Manners In Islam by Nobody: 1:20am On Oct 17, 2014

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Good Manners In Islam by Nobody: 1:21am On Oct 17, 2014
the religion of "PEACE INDEED"

4 Likes

Re: Good Manners In Islam by Readonee35L(m): 1:23am On Oct 17, 2014
Proud to be a muslim.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Good Manners In Islam by barsharl(m): 1:34am On Oct 17, 2014
Jazakumu lahu khyran @op. More grease to your elbow.

1 Like

Re: Good Manners In Islam by hinohsend: 1:37am On Oct 17, 2014
Lailah illalah...commin from the toungue of a proud muslim

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Good Manners In Islam by baba11(m): 1:45am On Oct 17, 2014
Jazakumllahu kairan op...

2 Likes

Re: Good Manners In Islam by cannonnier(m): 1:46am On Oct 17, 2014
A welcomed thread.

My Allah guide us aright.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Good Manners In Islam by Mujinho4b(m): 1:47am On Oct 17, 2014
Allhamdullilah....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Good Manners In Islam by herkeym001(m): 2:12am On Oct 17, 2014
Alhamdulilah

6 Likes

Re: Good Manners In Islam by OLAJADON: 2:47am On Oct 17, 2014
May Almighty Allah grant us al-janah

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Good Manners In Islam by Mazdell: 2:54am On Oct 17, 2014
Allahu Akbar

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Non Muslims Ask Who Created Allaah / 20 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Mecca / Five Alternatives To Ram In Sallah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.