Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture (37918 Views)

Cucumber And Watermelon Riches / Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* / A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by mogentle(m): 11:41pm On Oct 16, 2014
Well done.
Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by world1(m): 6:26am On Oct 17, 2014
Mr friend came visiting.
Me and Mr Shelu MD Shelu Platain Farm Ikorodu.

Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by obyikye(f): 6:32pm On Oct 17, 2014
keep it up Sir, I have learnt alot here and still learning.
I love farming and would start by early next year.
Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:59pm On Oct 17, 2014
Nice one.Keep the good work rolling.
Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by world1(m): 12:36am On Oct 18, 2014
obyikye:
keep it up Sir, I have learnt alot here and still learning.
I love farming and would start by early next year.
Thanks farming is good just try to do it right and you will get it right.
Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by world1(m): 12:39am On Oct 18, 2014
Lesgupnigeria:
Nice one.Keep the good work rolling.
Thanks.
You are also doing great work I will meet you soonest.
Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by khayce: 1:33am On Oct 18, 2014
Pls, iam in ondo state, I have a 4 hectare of land and I will like to start farming on it... Pls like how much will it cost me to do cultivation of casava and plantain
Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by world1(m): 3:57am On Oct 18, 2014
khayce:
Pls, iam in ondo state, I have a 4 hectare of land and I will like to start farming on it... Pls like how much will it cost me to do cultivation of casava and plantain
My brother am happy for you because the first and most important thing in agriculture is land all other things follow.
You question is a bit wide. But I will try to hive you some tips.
You can't plant the two together so you need to seprate them but both are highly lucrative almost the same germination period. But plantain will cost more to setup compare to cassava
Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by securi: 11:11am On Oct 18, 2014
Sir, do you also work with Mr Shellu?
Pls can you give me contact of Mr Abu Shelu? I have requested for his contact on this forum earlier. Pls help.Thanks
world1:
Mr friend came visiting.
Me and Mr Shelu MD Shelu Platain Farm Ikorodu.
Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by world1(m): 1:14pm On Oct 18, 2014
securi:
Sir, do you also work with Mr Shellu?
Pls can you give me contact of Mr Abu Shelu? I have requested for his contact on this forum earlier. Pls help.Thanks
No i don't work directly with him but we are friends. Am an Agribusiness Consultant i do more than farming i help and teach farmer on how to add value to their farm proceed. So I have a lot of practiced farmer as Associates. Call him on 080*********--

1 Like

Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by securi: 2:51pm On Oct 18, 2014
Thanks a lot. I will give you a call also, am planning smthng soon
world1:

No i don't work directly with him but we are friends. Am an Agribusiness Consultant i do more than farming i help and teach farmer on how to add value to their farm proceed. So I have a lot of practiced farmer as Associates. Call him on 08034741415

1 Like

Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by world1(m): 6:00pm On Oct 18, 2014
securi:
Thanks a lot. I will give you a call also, am planning smthng soon
OK.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by world1(m): 6:05pm On Oct 18, 2014
Just finished planting the cucumber

Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by roxell120(m): 8:38pm On Oct 18, 2014
farming is really a serious business.first time im seeing a proud farmer in suit for dat matter

1 Like

Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by Pappyshoes(m): 11:05pm On Oct 18, 2014
It rained heavily today, but I transplanted some water melon seedlings (F1 Koloss) and planted some seeds(Kaolack). I couldn't spray the grown ones with the Cypeforce 'cos of heavy downpour. Today's weather is favourable for transplanted ones, thank God.
Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by world1(m): 6:33am On Oct 19, 2014
roxell120:
farming is really a serious business.first time im seeing a proud farmer in suit for dat matter
My brother farming is like every other business when you know what to do and do it well you will get the reward. I proudly represent #teamnewgenerationfarmers#

Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by MissTeaseMe(f): 12:41pm On Oct 19, 2014
world1:

No i don't work directly with him but we are friends. Am an Agribusiness Consultant i do more than farming i help and teach farmer on how to add value to their farm proceed. So I have a lot of practiced farmer as Associates. Call him on 080********
Good thread
Please edit your post and remove the phone number. Providing name, basic info and phone number online is VERY risky. Email addresses are more secured.
But if it is a business line, then it is ok, you can leave it.
Thanks sir
Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by world1(m): 1:36pm On Oct 19, 2014
MissTeaseMe:

Good thread
Please edit your post and remove the phone number. Providing name, basic info and phone number online is VERY risky. Email addresses are more secured.
But if it is a business line, then it is ok, you can leave it.
Thanks sir

OK.
I will do just that never thought is bad.
Naija my country.
Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by ntyce(m): 9:15pm On Oct 19, 2014
World1, which crops can one interplant with plantain?
I have an acre of land on which I planted plantain last month and I would like to add more crops.
Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by obyikye(f): 10:57pm On Oct 19, 2014
You are welcome Sir. I am following this thread. I will like to consult if there is need in the future, thanks once again for sharing Sir.
world1:

Thanks farming is good just try to do it right and you will get it right.
Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by jaydee87(m): 11:26am On Oct 20, 2014
world1 tenks for a job well done....
Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by world1(m): 8:20pm On Oct 20, 2014
ntyce:
World1, which crops can one interplant with plantain?
I have an acre of land on which I planted plantain last month and I would like to add more crops.
You can still put cucumber now since your Plantain is just a month old.
Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by world1(m): 8:21pm On Oct 20, 2014
jaydee87:
world1 tenks for a job well done....
You wcm
Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by world1(m): 8:30pm On Oct 20, 2014
God is wonderful.

Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by ntyce(m): 10:44am On Oct 22, 2014
world1, pls where can I get cucumber seeds for cultivation in ibadan or Abeokuta
Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by world1(m): 9:15pm On Oct 22, 2014
ntyce:
world1, pls where can I get cucumber seeds for cultivation in ibadan or Abeokuta
Which variety.
Marketer or Murano you can contact me.
Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by world1(m): 9:35pm On Oct 22, 2014
5 Reasons Why Farming in Nigeria is Irresistible

(1) Nigeria has a huge population of over 150 Million people, twice more than the populations of Zimbabwe and South Africa combined. The entire population of Nigeria depends on staple foods produced from farms and other farm produces for their daily meals and sustenance — and more than 80 percent of Nigerians buy their Farm Produce from the market.

(2) Nigeria has very large expanses of fertile farmlands laying fallow for nothing. Nigeria Land area when measured in sq km is about 910,770. The Land area of any country is the country’s total area, excluding areas that are considered to be water bodies. So, Nigeria has one of the biggest expanse of Land in Africa of which 70 percent is available for Farming.

(3) Nigerian Government is seriously turning it’s attention to promoting Farming in Nigeria to help boost food productions in the country and minimize foods importation. The government is willing to assist any would be Farming entrepreneur/investors with the necessary supports and logistics.

(4) Nigerians have very high purchasing power, far more than any other indigenous Africans — we buy things here and we pay cash! Talk about parties, Nigeria is the most merriment people on earth — the foods used for parties and merriment in Nigeria yearly can feed four other African countries.

(5) By the time Nigeria attain it’s full capacity utilization is agriculture, Farming in Nigeria will become great foreign currency earner more than as it already is. The implication is that Nigerian Farmers will be able to earn in Naira and in Dollars as well as Euros and Pound Sterling.

The prospect for Farming in Nigeria is so high that only a fool will ignore it. Having said that, let’s take a closer look at some of the types of Farming that does very well in Nigeria.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by ntyce(m): 4:32pm On Oct 23, 2014
world1:

Which variety.
Marketer or Murano you can contact me.

Which is the better variety?
I am not familiar with Cucumber farming, although a farm nearby cultivates it, he said he got the seeds from Cotonu.

how do I get either of the seeds, then what are the requisites.

Thanks.
Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by Kalusam(m): 5:26pm On Oct 23, 2014
This model for growing Pineapple using nylon covers should be applied to other crops like water melon and cucumber to discourage weed growing. I think this will go a long way in controlling weeds, as manual weeding may destroy the vines thereby adversely affecting output or what do you guys think?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by Juliana7: 10:20pm On Oct 25, 2014
Nice thread

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rice Mill Opens In Ini, Akwa Ibom State (Photos) / The Machinery "Big John" Used For Planting Trees In Lagos (Photos) / My Poultry Journey...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.