Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,635 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture (37910 Views)

Cucumber And Watermelon Riches / Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* / A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by world1(m): 12:10pm On Feb 17, 2015
nennin:
@world1 pls sir how much does a tractor cost per day job thanks.
4k per acre
Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by kyzaru(m): 2:40am On Feb 18, 2015
please what state/location do they charge this rate?
world1:

4k per acre
Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by nennin(m): 5:25pm On Feb 18, 2015
@world1 pls sir sorry to ask you this i am in abia state do you no where i can locate any tractor hiring company in abia state, mean while thanks for the info.
Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by world1(m): 10:51pm On Feb 18, 2015
nennin:
@world1 pls sir sorry to ask you this i am in abia state do you no where i can locate any tractor hiring company in abia state, mean while thanks for the info.
I don't know of any because I stay in southwest
Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by world1(m): 10:52pm On Feb 18, 2015
kyzaru:
please what state/location do they charge this rate?
Ogun State
Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by dotmoth4life: 11:01am On Feb 20, 2015
please visit www.myagricworld.com for more information

STARTING A FARM BUSINESS
Hello Friends, today I will be talking about the consideration to starting a farm business.
If you are beginner or experience farmer, you want to think about the things you do before you show up.
I will quickly talk briefly on these highlighted points. (Starting Point, Plan, Self Inventory, Resource Inventory, Market)
Starting Point:- everyone start from the starting point, where you are is your starting point, then you work to where you want to get to.
Purpose: - you must have a purpose. Purpose as how?, What do you want to accomplish with the business?, is it for par time work?, is it to generate income for your family? or full time work where you will be able to make a living from it. So you must know the real purpose behind it.
Plan: - in order to achieve your purpose, you need to have a plan. Plan need to be written down. You can make a lot of mistakes. The best way to make mistakes is on paper not with cash from your pocket or someone else investment.
Self-Inventory:- this is where you need to think about what do I know how to do?, what do I like to do, what are my interest, what skills do I have. It may not be only thinking about yourself alone; also, think about the skills of the people that will be working with you, because farming is more than just a persons’ job.
Resource inventory: - you also need to think about the resources that you have. What land do I have?, what water, what animals, what am I starting with?, from that point you will be able to develop a good plan.
Market: - the most important part of the whole thing is the market, because you really need to identify the market before you do any kinds of investment. In fact, marketing is the key to success. You most know your customers, identify the people, are your customers your friends, families, neighbours, market woman, supermarkets etc. you must identify all the people that will buy your product.
Finally, in developing farm business, you must know where you are going, and know how you are going to get there. Thanks
for any question, please visit www.myagricworld.com am there to answer it.. also i will be there to help you write a feasibility study for any intend business

1 Like

Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by world1(m): 9:29pm On Feb 20, 2015
dotmoth4life:
please visit www.myagricworld.com for more information

STARTING A FARM BUSINESS
Hello Friends, today I will be talking about the consideration to starting a farm business.
If you are beginner or experience farmer, you want to think about the things you do before you show up.
I will quickly talk briefly on these highlighted points. (Starting Point, Plan, Self Inventory, Resource Inventory, Market)
Starting Point:- everyone start from the starting point, where you are is your starting point, then you work to where you want to get to.
Purpose: - you must have a purpose. Purpose as how?, What do you want to accomplish with the business?, is it for par time work?, is it to generate income for your family? or full time work where you will be able to make a living from it. So you must know the real purpose behind it.
Plan: - in order to achieve your purpose, you need to have a plan. Plan need to be written down. You can make a lot of mistakes. The best way to make mistakes is on paper not with cash from your pocket or someone else investment.
Self-Inventory:- this is where you need to think about what do I know how to do?, what do I like to do, what are my interest, what skills do I have. It may not be only thinking about yourself alone; also, think about the skills of the people that will be working with you, because farming is more than just a persons’ job.
Resource inventory: - you also need to think about the resources that you have. What land do I have?, what water, what animals, what am I starting with?, from that point you will be able to develop a good plan.
Market: - the most important part of the whole thing is the market, because you really need to identify the market before you do any kinds of investment. In fact, marketing is the key to success. You most know your customers, identify the people, are your customers your friends, families, neighbours, market woman, supermarkets etc. you must identify all the people that will buy your product.
Finally, in developing farm business, you must know where you are going, and know how you are going to get there. Thanks
for any question, please visit www.myagricworld.com am there to answer it.. also i will be there to help you write a feasibility study for any intend business

Hello my brother.
Try to open a thread for your service that will promote you better than this method of posting on other peoples thread.
Thanks for your understanding

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by dotmoth4life: 10:24pm On Feb 20, 2015
ARE FARMERS RICH?
www.myagricworld.com
Can Agricultural Business or farm work Alone make you wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga

If you go into agriculture from the scratch with little capital as will have said, in NIGERIA? You would even be struggling to pay your bills talk less of living above average, talk less of becoming a millionnaire and talk less of being a Dangote and Adenuga, Who told u those 2 guys are farmers in the 1st place? www.myagricworld.com
You will be making common mistakes if you call Dangote a farmer, Dangote is an Agri-businessman not a farmer.... to view know my opinion on this Question... visit the link below www.myagricworld.com ..
i render consultancy service for any intend agribusiness. mainly AGRONOMY..no livestock I also help my client prepare a comprehensive feasibility study on their intend project.
i also training my clients on how to multiply plaintain/banana suckers, maize breeding, vegetable farming.. Not theory oooo.. Praticals
you can mail me on dotmoth4life@gmail.com
Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by world1(m): 10:13am On Mar 13, 2015
Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by Nelton(m): 11:31am On Jun 13, 2015
Interesting thread, but it seems the OP has abandoned the thread. No updates.
Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by world1(m): 12:06pm On Jun 13, 2015
Nelton:
Interesting thread, but it seems the OP has abandoned the thread. No updates.
I didn't abandoned it but I have been busy with alot of activities. I also prefer interactive thread.
Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by bawelat: 4:19pm On Jun 13, 2015
@world1 pls with a budget of 500k hw many acre of plantain inter plaint with either watermelon and cucumber can i get and what is d expected returns,ur replt will go along way to encurage me,intend to start small and grow my agribusiness through this pls u can reply me via bawelat2@gmail.com.
Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by world1(m): 5:32am On Jun 14, 2015
bawelat:
@world1 pls with a budget of 500k hw many acre of plantain inter plaint with either watermelon and cucumber can i get and what is d expected returns,ur replt will go along way to encurage me,intend to start small and grow my agribusiness through this pls u can reply me via bawelat2@gmail.com.

Including land you can manage to do 1 acre.
Excluding land you can do 1 comfortably.
Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by bawelat: 9:49pm On Jun 14, 2015
world1:

Including land you can manage to do 1 acre.
Excluding land you can do 1 comfortably.
thanks for your prompt response i know you are a busy man please can u send me a cost profit analysis of this project to my mail box pls bawelat2@gmail.com.were are u based hw much is an acre ou land thanks
Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by world1(m): 10:49pm On Jun 14, 2015
bawelat:
thanks for your prompt response i know you are a busy man please can u send me a cost profit analysis of this project to my mail box pls bawelat2@gmail.com.were are u based hw much is an acre ou land thanks
Land here is between 200k to 300k per acre.
Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by bawelat: 7:50am On Jun 15, 2015
world1:

Land here is between 200k to 300k per acre.
thanks sir which state is that.what about the cost profit analysis.eagerly awaiting your reply
Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by world1(m): 11:48pm On Jun 25, 2015
bawelat:
thanks sir which state is that.what about the cost profit analysis.eagerly awaiting your reply
Ewekoro local Government Area Ogun State
you will make 50% ROI in first season

Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by world1(m): 11:55pm On Jun 25, 2015
“Agriculture for an honorable and highminded man, is the best of all occupations or arts by which men procure the means of living”

1 Share

Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by amdekola: 11:31pm On Jul 15, 2015
Hello Mr Yemi.

First off, let me commend you for your tenacity in keeping the thread alive and for the positive vibes which you bring to agriculture. That said, i'd like to have your email address as I could not find it anywhere in the conversations that have ensued.

Thanks in advance.

- Kola
Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by funstufz: 1:57pm On Jul 16, 2015
world1:

Ewekoro local Government Area Ogun State
you will make 50% ROI in first season

Welldone Mr. Sola,

I want to ask about the spacing used for the plantation posted.

Seem close to each other to (i may be wrong though, picture things grin)

Thank you
Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by world1(m): 7:14pm On Jul 26, 2015
funstufz:

Welldone Mr. Sola,

I want to ask about the spacing used for the plantation posted.

Seem close to each other to (i may be wrong though, picture things grin)

Thank you

This is a new techniques in Israel 8 feet by 8 feet double planting.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by Johnnyessence(m): 7:23pm On Jul 26, 2015
world1:

This is a new techniques in Israel 8 feet by 8 feet double planting.
BRO WORD1 PLS POST D PICTURE OF HOW TO PLANT IT THKS.
Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by miftaudeen(m): 8:11am On Jul 28, 2015
Good morning house, please where can I get cucumber and watermelon seeds in Lagos. And also plantain root in Abeokuta
Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by miftaudeen(m): 8:24am On Jul 28, 2015
I have been planning to go for farming since 4 years ago but my parents are discouraging me, my parents has 2000 plus of acres of land in Obafemi/Owode L.G in Abeokuta. can house advice me what to do for them to reason with me
Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by alakara(m): 9:17am On Jul 28, 2015
mufutau contact world1 ,soloxam and Jasper for your seedlings. why are ur parents discouraging you. what is there reason.
Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by world1(m): 11:58am On Jul 28, 2015
Johnnyessence:
BRO WORD1 PLS POST D PICTURE OF HOW TO PLANT IT THKS.
Sorry bro.
I wouldn't be able to post it here you can contact me.
Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by world1(m): 12:04pm On Jul 28, 2015
miftaudeen:
I have been planning to go for farming since 4 years ago but my parents are discouraging me, my parents has 2000 plus of acres of land in Obafemi/Owode L.G in Abeokuta. can house advice me what to do for them to reason with me
Before I advice you, I have a question for you
Why do you what to venture into Agriculture?
Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by world1(m): 12:07pm On Jul 28, 2015
Plantain plantation easy and steady to operate.

Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by miftaudeen(m): 3:17pm On Jul 29, 2015
world1:

Before I advice you, I have a question for you
Why do you what to venture into Agriculture?
. I have passion for it when I see those mallams selling fruits I always think of having my own farm and distribute its harvest in a modernize way
Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by miftaudeen(m): 3:36pm On Jul 29, 2015
alakara:
mufutau contact world1 ,soloxam and Jasper for your seedlings.
why are ur parents discouraging you.
what is there reason.
they are contemplating on monitoring,
Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by world1(m): 4:23pm On Jul 29, 2015
miftaudeen:
. I have passion for it when I see those mallams selling fruits I always think of having my own farm and distribute its harvest in a modernize way
Good
Re: A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture by world1(m): 4:27pm On Jul 29, 2015
miftaudeen:
they are contemplating on monitoring,
Then let them monitor

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Floods Submerge Olam Rice Farm in Nasarawa / Rice Mill Opens In Ini, Akwa Ibom State (Photos) / The Machinery "Big John" Used For Planting Trees In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.