Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,187 members, 7,811,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:31 PM

Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? (50988 Views)

Saka And Don Jazzy On MTN Songstar Commercial / Mr Ibu Vs Osuofia: Who Is A Better Movie Comedian? / Most Funniest Nigerian Actor (aki&pawpaw, Osuofia, Mr Ibu) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by seankay(m): 9:56am On Oct 11, 2014
sol2galay:
You cant just compare the two,Osuofia dont rival bro,he is not acting he is being natural. You can compare Saka with victor osuagwu both are actors in comedy. But Osuofia is in class of his own.
1billion likes!

7 Likes

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by VirginFinder: 10:03am On Oct 11, 2014
Power has changed hands!

Saka has displaced Osuofia.

Who would you prefer to employ? A PhD holder in Theatre Arts or a common engineering graduate?

You Igbos must swallow the humble pie and take it in good stride!!!

2 Likes

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by christopher123(m): 11:05am On Oct 11, 2014
VirginFinder:
Power has changed hands!

Who would you prefer to employ? A PhD holder in Theatre Arts or a common engineering graduate?

To be honest this isn't tribal thing but I don't find saka funny ...why because I am no Yoruba so his ideocyncrasie will not appeal to me but I find nkem so funny ..if you understand igbo you will get it

This not a contest ...

Its environmental so there is no humble to eat here

Nobody pays my bill or feed me pie

13 Likes

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by Nobody: 11:13am On Oct 11, 2014
VirginFinder:
Power has changed hands!

there we go again!
We are talking about their acting skills and not their educational qualifications. undecided

Osuofia all the way joor!

13 Likes

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by LajaLaba: 11:19am On Oct 11, 2014
Yeye i don't rate both of them lipsrsealed
Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by VirginFinder: 11:30am On Oct 11, 2014
berem:
there we go again!
We are talking about their acting skills and not their educational qualifications. undecided

Well, those who pay the bills have made their choice.

Saka is a professional and is talented while Osuofia is just talented.

That is the edge Saka has!

1 Like

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 11, 2014
VirginFinder:

so Osuofia is not a professional because he doesn't have a Ph.d?

Osuofia gets more roles in nollywood more than Saka does.
Osuofia gets more endorsements more than Saka.

Keep out the educational qualifications and face reality.

10 Likes

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by VirginFinder: 11:45am On Oct 11, 2014
christopher123:

To be honest this isn't tribal thing but I don't find saka funny ...why because I am no Yoruba so his ideocyncrasie will not appeal to me but I find nkem so funny ..if you understand igbo you will get it

This not a contest ...

Its environmental so there is no humble to eat here

Nobody pays my bill or feed me pie
But we all agree that ability to speak Yoruba is of more/added advantage in today's Nigeria.
If in doubt,ask Berem.

1 Like

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by Descartes: 11:55am On Oct 11, 2014
@VirginFinder are you trying to feign ignorance So Osuofia is not a professioal eh kwa. Please educate me more. cool

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by Descartes: 11:58am On Oct 11, 2014
berem:

Osuofia gets more endorsements more than Saka.

Keep out the educational qualifications and face reality.
Does the dude know what professionalism is all about?

1 Like

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by VirginFinder: 12:10pm On Oct 11, 2014
berem:

A professional is someone who goes to school to study a particular course & eventually practices it.
What endorsements has Osuofia gotten of late? Saka has displaced him from MTN.
Saka is beyond nollywood.

Also,as a busy full time lecturer,he can't have time for movies.I think that's why he does more of soaps.

1 Like

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by Segadem(m): 12:18pm On Oct 11, 2014
VirginFinder:

Gbam

1 Like

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by Segadem(m): 12:24pm On Oct 11, 2014
berem:
there we go again!

but why Mtn field Osuofia as a subordinate to Saka in their promo.

1 Like

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by maestroferddi: 12:42pm On Oct 11, 2014
VirginFinder:
Power has changed hands!

Na today?

If you like, attend all the football academies from La Masia (FC Barcelona) to Arsenal Academy, you can't beat talent.
Messi doesn't need to have six-packs and bulging muscles to be a football phenomenon.

Osuofia possesses innate comedy skills/talent that Saka cannot acquire in any classroom.

Just like some have pointed out, he is at the level of Victor Osuagwu, Basorge Tariah Jr.

Forget the MTN advert/contract which was more or less a ploy by MTN to neutralise Glo and capture a bigger Yoruba customer base.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by juman(m): 12:55pm On Oct 11, 2014
Saka is also very good but not in class of osuofia.

Osuofia is one of the top-est actor in the country.

5 Likes

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by maestroferddi: 12:57pm On Oct 11, 2014
VirginFinder:

A professional is someone who goes to school to study a particular course & eventually practices it.
What endorsements has Osuofia gotten of late? Saka has displaced him from MTN.
Saka is beyond nollywood.

Also,as a busy full time lecturer,he can't have time for movies.I think that's why he does more of soaps.
You are joking, ain't you?

Saka is acting in Yoruba low-budget home videos. I think it is hard to typecast him in mainstream Nollywood roles.

Mention ONE single movie Saka has featured as a lead act that made raves. Don't tell me that he is sidelined because Nollywood is in the hands of Igbos because the likes of Olu Jacobs, Jide Kosoko, Jibola Dabo and Alex Usifo are not Igbos.

7 Likes

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Oct 11, 2014

5 Likes

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Oct 11, 2014
Osuofia. He is the king! Btw who is Saka?

4 Likes

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by Segadem(m): 1:09pm On Oct 11, 2014
softsparkyy:
Funny people!!! Most of the nollywood i have seen always cast Saka as gateman. That dude is not funny.
the comedian don't always take key role in .movie,unless if it's comedy movies.
Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by Mcleo007(m): 1:12pm On Oct 11, 2014
Another tribal war breeding thread... Igbo vs Yoruba bigots will feed on this I'm sure. Why not compare Osofia and IBU or saka and baba suwe... undecided

1 Like

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by maestroferddi: 1:21pm On Oct 11, 2014
Segadem:
the comedian don't always take key role in .movie,unless if it's comedy movies.
And you don't know you are talking about.

Osuofia has hardly been typecast as a gateman in any of his movies.

The script usually reserves a key role for him and that is if he is not the lead actor.

4 Likes

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 11, 2014
This thread is not good for this section. Rip Sam loko.
Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by christopher123(m): 1:38pm On Oct 11, 2014
VirginFinder:

But we all agree that ability to speak Yoruba is of more/added advantage in today's Nigeria.
If in doubt,ask Berem.

How can we agree on such assumptions businesses isn't transacted in Yoruba in Nigeria but English

I am an Igbo man and I don't understand Yoruba a bit cos I don't find it important and won't want to learn it . I speak french as an international language and Igbo plus English ...I have been making a success out of it . The most important thing is igbos. This help me internationally or externally cos when I meet my Igbo brothers our language made change to mother dialect and you know igbos help themselves and this we find globally so businesses find seamlessly

Now you can see that yorubas is not an important t language yo learn but Igbo .igbos are everywhere but yorubas are more of south western thing
.and I don't like the shape of the mouth of those that speak it like aaaahhhhh eeeehhhh.

19 Likes

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by nwaobitex: 1:51pm On Oct 11, 2014
Osoufia don win

3 Likes

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by bobo65(m): 2:14pm On Oct 11, 2014
comparing osuofia and saka in comedy is like comparing jayz and Idris abdulkareem in rap

lolz

10 Likes

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by boombay(m): 2:14pm On Oct 11, 2014
who the f**k are they I don't know them because I schooled in france...

2 Likes

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by natureblack(m): 2:15pm On Oct 11, 2014
I smell a despicable intent from the OP and mod that brought this to front-page

2 Likes

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by kendrick93(m): 2:17pm On Oct 11, 2014
both are gud but i prefer osuofia

1 Like

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by olayincar(m): 2:17pm On Oct 11, 2014
Do u think itz easy to port from etisalat to MTN
Na saka for me
Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by mirexxx(f): 2:18pm On Oct 11, 2014
osuofia

1 Like

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by buoye1(m): 2:18pm On Oct 11, 2014
Sentiments apart....osofia is better though I'm a yoruba guy!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

BBNaija: Tobi Bakre Earned N130,000 Monthly At Heritage Bank / Meet The 12 New BBNaija Season 7 Housemates (Photos) / BBNaija: Lai Mohammed Orders NBC To Stop BBN Over COVID-19 – The Cable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.