Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,113 members, 7,818,319 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Afrispheric - Immersive Photography From A Briton Of African Descent - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Afrispheric - Immersive Photography From A Briton Of African Descent (1904 Views)

Nigerians, Highest Number Of African Criminals In Britain - UK Home Office / Stay And Develop Your Country- Briton To Nigerian Youths / Becoming A Briton By Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Afrispheric - Immersive Photography From A Briton Of African Descent by Whitehorse: 8:33pm On Oct 11, 2014
I got into photography by "accident". My wife lost her Kodak camera on a family trip to Houston in 2008, so i ended up buying a Nikon D3000. That's how i got started. I self taught myself, learnt from online photography blogs and bought a couple of books. I'm not a pro by any means, just a keen hobbyist.

In 2013, i bought a Nikon D610 body and gave out my old D3000. I wanted to be able to shoot in RAW format and full FX. As per lenses i have Nikon 70-300mm and a 50MM F1.4G . I'm still planning to buy low aperture zoom lens, but those cost a fortune...

Since i'd collected a huge number of pictures over the years, and still collecting more, the thought came to me to start a photoblog, where i can share my pictures. That is how afrispheric.com was born.

My first post on Afrispheric.com was on 11th of September 2014, and i've been updating the blog roughly on a weekly basis. I've also posted some pictures from my Blog here on Nairaland. The links to my previous NL posts are below:

https://www.nairaland.com/1917032/castles-scotland

https://www.nairaland.com/1935596/pow-concert-aberdeen-scotland

https://www.nairaland.com/1909341/oman-jewel-middle-east

Since i (currently) live in Scotland, most of my pictures will be from there, except pictures from when i travel abroad. The pictures are 100% mine, no stealing other peoples work or such.

So, why i am saying all this?

Well, I've decided to start updating my blog (and this thread) at most every TWO days God willing, starting from today. For each update, I'll post ONE picture here and on my twitter handle (www.twitter.com/afrispheric) and Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/AfrisphericBlog) and the rest on my blog.

So join me on this journey via;

NL (here)
www.afrispheric.com
www.twitter.com/afrispheric
https://www.facebook.com/AfrisphericBlog

I do hope you'll enjoy what you see, and I'd love to see your comments
Re: Afrispheric - Immersive Photography From A Briton Of African Descent by Whitehorse: 8:44pm On Oct 11, 2014
Coming back soon with picture for today (Fraser castle), currently uploading to my blog ... smiley
Re: Afrispheric - Immersive Photography From A Briton Of African Descent by tdayof(m): 9:33pm On Oct 11, 2014
well done
Re: Afrispheric - Immersive Photography From A Briton Of African Descent by Whitehorse: 10:46pm On Oct 11, 2014
Picture of Castle Fraser. I have heaps load more on my blog

www.afrispheric.com

4 Likes

Re: Afrispheric - Immersive Photography From A Briton Of African Descent by Whitehorse: 8:44pm On Oct 12, 2014
Kitty Kitty. Meowww smiley

www.afrispheric.com

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afrispheric - Immersive Photography From A Briton Of African Descent by Whitehorse: 12:56pm On Oct 13, 2014
Afro barbecue.

By the way, there is always a story behind each of my post, read the story on my blog

http://afrispheric.com/afro-barbecue/

2 Likes

Re: Afrispheric - Immersive Photography From A Briton Of African Descent by Whitehorse: 6:41pm On Oct 14, 2014

1 Like

Re: Afrispheric - Immersive Photography From A Briton Of African Descent by Whitehorse: 1:05pm On Oct 15, 2014

1 Like

Re: Afrispheric - Immersive Photography From A Briton Of African Descent by Whitehorse: 7:29pm On Oct 16, 2014

1 Like

Re: Afrispheric - Immersive Photography From A Briton Of African Descent by Whitehorse: 8:50pm On Oct 16, 2014
@All,
Curious to know your feedback about these pictures.
Re: Afrispheric - Immersive Photography From A Briton Of African Descent by Whitehorse: 6:56pm On Oct 17, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Afrispheric - Immersive Photography From A Briton Of African Descent by Whitehorse: 10:14pm On Oct 18, 2014

3 Likes

Re: Afrispheric - Immersive Photography From A Briton Of African Descent by NaLaugh: 1:17am On Oct 19, 2014
I like the sleepy cat and the cow. Others are a little too life-like to have photographic appeal.

Having a shallow depth of field (e.g in cat and cow) makes a massive difference in the outcome of your image.

Keep shooting cool

1 Like

Re: Afrispheric - Immersive Photography From A Briton Of African Descent by Whitehorse: 5:51pm On Oct 19, 2014
@NaLaugh,

Thanks for the feedback!
Re: Afrispheric - Immersive Photography From A Briton Of African Descent by Whitehorse: 5:52pm On Oct 19, 2014

Re: Afrispheric - Immersive Photography From A Briton Of African Descent by Whitehorse: 3:49pm On Oct 20, 2014

1 Like

Re: Afrispheric - Immersive Photography From A Briton Of African Descent by Whitehorse: 4:11pm On Oct 21, 2014

1 Like

Re: Afrispheric - Immersive Photography From A Briton Of African Descent by Whitehorse: 4:16pm On Oct 22, 2014

1 Like

Re: Afrispheric - Immersive Photography From A Briton Of African Descent by Nobody: 5:01pm On Oct 22, 2014
the pictures are not that quite sharp and crisp but you are getting there
Re: Afrispheric - Immersive Photography From A Briton Of African Descent by Whitehorse: 10:53pm On Oct 22, 2014
diluminati:
the pictures are not that quite sharp and crisp but you are getting there
Thanks for the feedback, i'm working and learning. smiley One thing, what do you think about my accompanying writing on each post on blog? I'm keen to get feedback to know things i can eliminate, improve or add.

www.afrispheric.com
Re: Afrispheric - Immersive Photography From A Briton Of African Descent by Whitehorse: 3:36pm On Oct 23, 2014

Re: Afrispheric - Immersive Photography From A Briton Of African Descent by Whitehorse: 4:41pm On Oct 25, 2014

1 Like

Re: Afrispheric - Immersive Photography From A Briton Of African Descent by Whitehorse: 11:23pm On Oct 26, 2014
Lagos Archives - Boat Hotel

Whatever became of this boat hotel? Any info from Lagosians?

http://afrispheric.com/lagos-archives-boat-hotel/

Re: Afrispheric - Immersive Photography From A Briton Of African Descent by Whitehorse: 8:53pm On Oct 28, 2014

1 Like

Re: Afrispheric - Immersive Photography From A Briton Of African Descent by Ishilove: 11:39am On Jan 05, 2018
Re: Afrispheric - Immersive Photography From A Briton Of African Descent by ThatPetiteChic: 9:29pm On Sep 23, 2020
@cutieplum

Hi sis,

I am an optometrist, though currently serving. I am really interested in relocating to U.S or Australia. Can I get your contact? I really have a lot of questions... Pls.

Best regards.

(1) (Reply)

See How Clean Ibadan Is / Usa Tourist Visa Issues Arise / Lgbo Name Of Fishes With Their English Names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.