Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,771 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Is It Right For An ATM To Be In A Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right For An ATM To Be In A Church? (894 Views)

Is It Right For A Christian Wife To Say Things Like These During Sex? / Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? / My Terrible Experience In A Church Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For An ATM To Be In A Church? by WIZGUY69(m): 12:05am On Oct 12, 2014
°°°°°°°°°°°°Happy Sunday in nairalanders °°°°°°
I was invited to a church (name withheld) in durumi district of abuja last Sunday, and at the entrance of the church (beside the main door). there's an ATM there for those that forget money at home or related issues.
just slot in your card and withdraw your money during tithes and offering session.
But I wasnt happy with the development.
So nairalanderz your opinion please.
is it right for an ATM to be in a church
•••••••mods front page please •••••••
Re: Is It Right For An ATM To Be In A Church? by Chazzyboy: 12:24am On Oct 12, 2014
You have listed the benefits above its right
Re: Is It Right For An ATM To Be In A Church? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:27am On Oct 12, 2014
The issue there is if its in Nigeria, people ll misuse it.
It ll really look odd when church members go out during tithe & offering time to withdraw.
Last Bullet
If an ATM ll be in a Church, there should be strict opening & closing hours. Anybody that want to use it ll use it earlier before Church service or later after Church.
Re: Is It Right For An ATM To Be In A Church? by LMAyedun(m): 3:39am On Oct 12, 2014
It's absolutely wrong & bad.
The house of God should be respected, it's a place of worship not a business centre nor a Banking Hall.

Matthew 21:12 ASV -
"And Jesus entered into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the money-changers, and the seats of them that sold the doves;"

If Money-changers can't stay in the house of God, an ATM shouldn't.

**Drops Mic**

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For An ATM To Be In A Church? by asalimpo(m): 3:53am On Oct 12, 2014
No penny must escape.
Wen did people strt forgettg their money @ home?
Re: Is It Right For An ATM To Be In A Church? by justphillips(m): 5:35am On Oct 12, 2014
Goodmorning Jesus
Re: Is It Right For An ATM To Be In A Church? by timilehing(m): 6:39am On Oct 12, 2014
Pastor's target on offering must be met, forgetting money at home will not be an excuse. & There may be need for special offering, u know like withdrawing everything in your account for a special miracle

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For An ATM To Be In A Church? by sebali: 6:52am On Oct 12, 2014
timilehing:
Pastor's target on offering must be met, forgetting money at home will not be an excuse. & There may be need for special offering, u know like withdrawing everything in your account for a special miracle

BROS U HAVE TALK IT ALL
Re: Is It Right For An ATM To Be In A Church? by Nobody: 6:54am On Oct 12, 2014
It's not about being right or wrong.
Does it even need to be a question?
The benefit far outweighs any possible mischief you may be cooking up in your mind.

I do not know about the intention of the management of the church but it makes a lot of things easier for the members.

If I attend a church where my pastor asked me to withdraw everything I own, wouldn't common sense tell me to leave the church or just laugh it away.
I would prefer God to tell me himself or I must be stirred myself in the spirit to do such not because some possible hypocrite/ fake pastor asks me to do so.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For An ATM To Be In A Church? by Funjosh(m): 6:55am On Oct 12, 2014
As long as the Church is now a Biz centre, nothing wrong in having an ATM manchine in it premises lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For An ATM To Be In A Church? by omanifrank(m): 6:57am On Oct 12, 2014
loz
Re: Is It Right For An ATM To Be In A Church? by asalimpo(m): 7:04am On Oct 12, 2014
For ppl tht giv offerings denominated in the least withdrawable amount.

For people puttg less, atm dont make sense.
Re: Is It Right For An ATM To Be In A Church? by Nobody: 7:05am On Oct 12, 2014
timilehing:

Very true! Those thieves (pastors) have it all figured out
Re: Is It Right For An ATM To Be In A Church? by tammie24: 7:27am On Oct 12, 2014
Na so we see am
Re: Is It Right For An ATM To Be In A Church? by franklyn009(m): 7:28am On Oct 12, 2014
OkikiOluwa1:
The issue there is if its in Nigeria, people ll misuse it.
It ll really look odd when church members go out during tithe & offering time to withdraw.
Last Bullet
If an ATM ll be in a Church, there should be strict opening & closing hours. Anybody that want to use it ll use it earlier before Church service or later after Church.
and don't b shock dat ppl who r not church members will come to use d ATM
Re: Is It Right For An ATM To Be In A Church? by harrwix(m): 7:50am On Oct 12, 2014
very funny....

simply put pastorprenuers at work again....just waiting for the day d "spirit" will direct d entire church to empty their accounts as they wait for a bumper harvest grin gringrin

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For An ATM To Be In A Church? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 7:51am On Oct 12, 2014
franklyn009:

and don't b shock dat ppl who r not church members will come to use d ATM
Thats if dat church want it to happen. They can get ushers or security person that ll monitor it during opening hours
Re: Is It Right For An ATM To Be In A Church? by chinwike2(m): 8:26am On Oct 12, 2014
As far as the "THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATRONAGE" noise when a person is leaving it, is not as loud as a mega speaker

(1) (Reply)

See This!! Name Of Churches In Naija -- Drop Yours Abeg / Pastor Allegedly Impregnate 11-year-old Female Church Member / Faith........?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.