Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,003 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Is It Right For Pastors To Use Gadget As Bible While Preaching? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right For Pastors To Use Gadget As Bible While Preaching? (1203 Views)

Photo: Court Sentences Two Pastors To 7 Years Imprisonment For Stealing N32M / Pastor Shot To Death While Preaching During Service / Is Using Your Phone As Bible On Sunday Service A Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For Pastors To Use Gadget As Bible While Preaching? by terrymason(m): 6:22pm On Oct 12, 2014
Good day NL and hope your day was awesome.
Today in my church an invited minister from another parish came to give sermon with an galaxy tab, I was surprise cause I taught the bible have a spiritual blessing attach to it.
Please NL is it right, cause for me those gadget can make one lost focus by checking other stuff instead of the bible(while still in church).

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For Pastors To Use Gadget As Bible While Preaching? by alabiyemmy(m): 6:23pm On Oct 12, 2014
Holier than thou. What is wrong with it? Dont you use computers in church? Dont you?
Re: Is It Right For Pastors To Use Gadget As Bible While Preaching? by Gente(m): 6:41pm On Oct 12, 2014
terrymason:
Good day NL and hope your day was awesome.
Today in my church an invited minister from another parish came to give sermon with an galaxy tab, I was surprise cause I taught the bible have a spiritual blessing attach to it.
Please NL is it right, cause for me those gadget can make one lost focus by checking other stuff instead of the bible(while still in church).
I just don't know what is wrong with men of God this DAYS.
Re: Is It Right For Pastors To Use Gadget As Bible While Preaching? by phabulous88(m): 6:42pm On Oct 12, 2014
I don't think anything is wrong, it's technological advancements and using what God has blessed our brains with.

Moses received the ten commandments on stone tablets but Jesus read the book of Isaiah from a scroll in Luke 14:17. I'm sure if they had emails then Paul and the other apostles won't bother writing on scrolls, they'll just send their letters to the Corinthians, Ephesians... via emails kpa kpa kpa.

But me still prefer my hardcover bible o!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For Pastors To Use Gadget As Bible While Preaching? by Gente(m): 6:43pm On Oct 12, 2014
alabiyemmy:
Holier than thou. What is wrong with it? Dont you use computers in church? Dont you?
just reasonable Brother.
Re: Is It Right For Pastors To Use Gadget As Bible While Preaching? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Oct 12, 2014
phabulous88:
I don't think anything is wrong, it's technological advancements and using what God has blessed our brains with.

Moses received the ten commandments on stone tablets but Jesus read the book of Isaiah from a scroll in Luke 14:17. I'm sure if they had emails then Paul and the other apostles won't bother writing on scrolls, they'll just send their letters to the Corinthians, Ephesians... via emails kpa kpa kpa.

Lol. Nice analogy bro. Really brainy
Re: Is It Right For Pastors To Use Gadget As Bible While Preaching? by donstevico(m): 11:35pm On Oct 12, 2014
its like saying preaching to someone via social network is a sin
Re: Is It Right For Pastors To Use Gadget As Bible While Preaching? by vooks: 7:45am On Oct 13, 2014
Of course it is a sin just as is wearing a suit; they should be donning animal skins and eating wild fruits and locusts like John the Baptist
Re: Is It Right For Pastors To Use Gadget As Bible While Preaching? by terrymason(m): 11:31am On Oct 19, 2014
In my own view it can serve as easy distraction, as it loaded with different stuff not just bible.
Re: Is It Right For Pastors To Use Gadget As Bible While Preaching? by terrymason(m): 11:34am On Oct 19, 2014
In my own view it can serve as easy distraction, as it loaded with different stuff not just bible. Some might even reply mails while still in service.
Re: Is It Right For Pastors To Use Gadget As Bible While Preaching? by lonelydora: 1:25pm On Oct 19, 2014
I was invited to one Pentecoastal church sometime ago, Pastor before he started preaching said, Raise your bible. Mehn, see correct phones, Ipads, etc raised.

Me raising one big bible, shame catch me and the next day i went to buy my own machine. Waiting for another invitation to go and show them say I don follow.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Pastors To Use Gadget As Bible While Preaching? by LordReed(m): 1:52pm On Oct 19, 2014
terrymason:
In my own view it can serve as easy distraction, as it loaded with different stuff not just bible. Some might even reply mails while still in service.

Just like you load your mind all sorts too. You think everybody is listening to the Pastor? Some are day dreaming of the jollof rice and chicken they'll have for lunch, some of them are busy judging what other people are wearing, some others are recalling all sorts of different memories. So I ask you should people leave their minds at home before coming to church because it is filled with other things?
Re: Is It Right For Pastors To Use Gadget As Bible While Preaching? by terrymason(m): 7:26pm On Oct 19, 2014
LordReed:

Just like you load your mind all sorts too. You think everybody is listening to the Pastor? Some are day dreaming of the jollof rice and chicken they'll have for lunch, some of them are busy judging what other people are wearing, some others are recalling all sorts of different memories. So I ask you should people leave their minds at home before coming to church because it is filled with other things?
Good write up, but what you see and what you think are two different things. Seeing a app on your gadget might be tempting unlike thinking of it. Though it depends on the individual.
Re: Is It Right For Pastors To Use Gadget As Bible While Preaching? by LordReed(m): 7:37pm On Oct 19, 2014
terrymason:
Good write up, but what you see and what you think are two different things. Seeing a app on your gadget might be tempting unlike thinking of it. Though it depends on the individual.

Yes it depends on the individual and in this case a pastor preaching. Is he going stop in the middle of his message to check Facebook?

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Pastors To Use Gadget As Bible While Preaching? by asalimpo(m): 7:40pm On Oct 19, 2014
phabulous88:

i prefer paper bible too.
But the writing is on the wall already- pen and paper days are numbered.
Re: Is It Right For Pastors To Use Gadget As Bible While Preaching? by terrymason(m): 6:28am On Oct 22, 2014
asalimpo:

i prefer paper bible too.
But the writing is on the wall already- pen and paper days are numbered.
lolx, maybe there is a time we wont go to school,church or banks with pen or paper! Hmm still wondering if it's possible.
Re: Is It Right For Pastors To Use Gadget As Bible While Preaching? by LordReed(m): 7:11am On Oct 22, 2014
terrymason:
lolx, maybe there is a time we wont go to school,church or banks with pen or paper! Hmm still wondering if it's possible.

Cheaper electronics and cheaper more efficient power storage will sort it out.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

“these Top Nigerian Pastors Are Candidatesof Hell Fire” – 7rys Old Girl / Christians, Please Analyze This Situation / And A Pastor Said Women Are Afterthoughts??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.