Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

CIS Professional Diploma Exam: Advice And Help On Reading Materials Needed - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / CIS Professional Diploma Exam: Advice And Help On Reading Materials Needed (5801 Views)

What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints / Cis Candidates In The House / Chartered Institute Of Stockbrokers (CIS) Sept Diet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

CIS Professional Diploma Exam: Advice And Help On Reading Materials Needed by Nobody: 6:29am On Oct 13, 2014
Hy All. Am currently thinking about taking the CIS Professional Diploma exam. I have gone through the exam syllable and am confident that I can ace the exam if I study well. However, I do not yet have access to study materials and am hoping someone here might have information regarding such.

Whether online PDFs or hard copy books, if you have any suggestion kindly post it here. I will appreciate it.

The subject areas are:
1. Business Law
2. Business Communication
3. Business Accounting
4. Business Management
5. Business Mathematics and Statistics
6. Fundamentals of Financial Markets
7. Financial Statement Analysis
8. Quantitative Techniques
9. Corporate Finance
10. Law, Ethics and Professional Standards
11. Regulations and Practice of Securities and Investments
12. Asset Valuation and Portfolio Management
13. Derivatives.
Re: CIS Professional Diploma Exam: Advice And Help On Reading Materials Needed by Kaysalas(m): 11:31am On Oct 14, 2014
wink hey bro, I am also considering writing the exam in dec. As per the books I asked around @ some ican/acca/cis tutorial centers and was told that ever since the stock market crash, the demand for the certification has gone down and that they prepared students for the CIS exam proper not the Diploma, I guess the only solution now is to go buy the institute's maerials valued @ N15K,
Re: CIS Professional Diploma Exam: Advice And Help On Reading Materials Needed by seunEsq(m): 8:15am On Oct 15, 2014
pls does anyone know whether the CIS Professional Exam will hold again this year
Re: CIS Professional Diploma Exam: Advice And Help On Reading Materials Needed by Kaysalas(m): 12:38pm On Oct 17, 2014
^^^hey bro, vIsit cisnigeria.com for more info, I however think the CIS professional exam is monthly now, you can also visit their head office @ CMS bookshop house 10th floor. For more info
Re: CIS Professional Diploma Exam: Advice And Help On Reading Materials Needed by doenut(m): 5:20pm On Oct 18, 2014
Hello all, the professional diploma exams can be written monthly until August 2015, when CIS will revert to its June and December schedule. The Professional exams, on the other hand, are written March and September annually. I hope I have been of help?
Re: CIS Professional Diploma Exam: Advice And Help On Reading Materials Needed by lahami(f): 6:07pm On Oct 19, 2014
doenut:
Hello all, the professional diploma exams can be written monthly until August 2015, when CIS will revert to its June and December schedule. The Professional exams, on the other hand, are written March and September annually. I hope I have been of help?
yes u have been,pls do u know if any exemptions would be for an economics and statistics graduate for level 1 of CIS?
Re: CIS Professional Diploma Exam: Advice And Help On Reading Materials Needed by Kaysalas(m): 9:56am On Nov 24, 2014
@doenut, pls I noticed that the materials I bought from the CIS office is not comprehensive enough, pls can you recommend texts for me especially for the module 2 stage 1 courses, I will be writing module 1 stage 1 by Dec.
Re: CIS Professional Diploma Exam: Advice And Help On Reading Materials Needed by doenut(m): 1:25pm On Nov 28, 2014
Kaysalas:
@doenut, pls I noticed that the materials I bought from the CIS office is not comprehensive enough, pls can you recommend texts for me especially for the module 2 stage 1 courses, I will be writing module 1 stage 1 by Dec.
hello kaysalas, i just replied your pm. i think the material is comprehensive enough for the exam though...we can talk via email though.
Re: CIS Professional Diploma Exam: Advice And Help On Reading Materials Needed by davide470(m): 11:06pm On Nov 28, 2014
Kaysalas:
Which courses are in that stage.. Might to able to help out with some books per se
Re: CIS Professional Diploma Exam: Advice And Help On Reading Materials Needed by Kaysalas(m): 9:46pm On Nov 30, 2014
@David, thanks a lot. module 2 stage 1 courses;business mgt,business math & statistics, fundamentals of financial markets. wish me luck writing module1 stage 1 on Tuesday.
Re: CIS Professional Diploma Exam: Advice And Help On Reading Materials Needed by Kaysalas(m): 9:52pm On Nov 30, 2014
doenut:

hello kaysalas, i just replied your pm. i think the material is comprehensive enough for the exam though...we can talk via email though.
I am having issues with some topics especially under accounting vis;statement of cashflow, income statement ,preparation of financial statements basically because there are most times no fully worked examples, no answers at the back to help students confirm whether their answers are right or wrong, I am just going there by FAITH on Tuesday, it is well. that's why I need better materials against the next module.
BACK TO WORK ...
Re: CIS Professional Diploma Exam: Advice And Help On Reading Materials Needed by doenut(m): 11:48pm On Nov 30, 2014
Kaysalas:

I am having issues with some topics especially under accounting vis;statement of cashflow, income statement ,preparation of financial statements basically because there are most times no fully worked examples, no answers at the back to help students confirm whether their answers are right or wrong, I am just going there by FAITH on Tuesday, it is well. that's why I need better materials against the next module.
BACK TO WORK ...
ooh, now I get. Ehyah..you're quite right. But don't be bothered, keep your FAITH up..if you can focus on the principles of preparing the statements it'll benefit you..the exams are OBJ so you won't be preparing statements, just to test your knowledge that's all. I'm available if you need more info..cheers!!

1 Like

Re: CIS Professional Diploma Exam: Advice And Help On Reading Materials Needed by doenut(m): 12:16am On Dec 01, 2014
lahami:
yes u have been,pls do u know if any exemptions would be for an economics and statistics graduate for level 1 of CIS?
sorry this is coming late...I think there might be exemptions in maybe two courses in level one. But you can check out www.cisnigeria.com for more details...cheers!!!
Re: CIS Professional Diploma Exam: Advice And Help On Reading Materials Needed by Kaysalas(m): 6:55am On Dec 01, 2014
I will get in touch soon bro, thanks
Re: CIS Professional Diploma Exam: Advice And Help On Reading Materials Needed by Kaysalas(m): 5:30pm On Dec 02, 2014
WAOH! hello guys just wanted to inform you that I have finally written the exam today, hoping for the best
@davide470,I am still expecting your "LIST OF BOOKS".
..@ doenut didn't see your email, kindly send a mail to my nairaland I'd @ yahoo don come. expecting
Re: CIS Professional Diploma Exam: Advice And Help On Reading Materials Needed by davide470(m): 5:49pm On Dec 02, 2014
Kaysalas:
WAOH! hello guys just wanted to inform you that I have finally written the exam today, hoping for the best
Sorry bro. Would revert soonest.
Re: CIS Professional Diploma Exam: Advice And Help On Reading Materials Needed by Jeffflo: 3:25pm On Jan 29, 2015
Hi house, i need advice. I'm split between writing the CIS and ICAN examinations with the cost of each being that which will sway me either way.

My questions are:

1.How many stages are there to the CIS certification route
2. How much do they cost

Thank you!
Re: CIS Professional Diploma Exam: Advice And Help On Reading Materials Needed by shortletsesan: 10:40am On Apr 24, 2015
Kaysalas:
wink hey bro, I am also considering writing the exam in dec. As per the books I asked around @ some ican/acca/cis tutorial centers and was told that ever since the stock market crash, the demand for the certification has gone down and that they prepared students for the CIS exam proper not the Diploma, I guess the only solution now is to go buy the institute's maerials valued @ N15K,

Hi bro, did you eventually continue with your cis professional exam?
Re: CIS Professional Diploma Exam: Advice And Help On Reading Materials Needed by Kaysalas(m): 11:52pm On Apr 26, 2015
Jeffflo:
Hi house, i need advice. I'm split between writing the CIS and ICAN examinations with the cost of each being that which will sway me either way.

My questions are:

1.How many stages are there to the CIS certification route
2. How much do they cost

Thank you!
Two stages-- stage 1 has module A and B, stage 2 has same. four in all. You can write either one or both modules in each stage monthly. visit their office at the CMS bookshop house for more info, 10th floor
Re: CIS Professional Diploma Exam: Advice And Help On Reading Materials Needed by Kaysalas(m): 11:54pm On Apr 26, 2015
shortletsesan:

Hi bro, did you eventually continue with your cis professional exam?
Yeah bro!, through with both modules in stage 1, will be writing stage 2 soonest
Re: CIS Professional Diploma Exam: Advice And Help On Reading Materials Needed by Kaysalas(m): 11:55pm On Apr 26, 2015
N7500 for each module in stage 1, N10000 for each module in stage 2.
Hurry now while stocks last
Re: CIS Professional Diploma Exam: Advice And Help On Reading Materials Needed by shortletsesan: 7:19pm On Apr 30, 2015
Kaysalas:

Yeah bro!, through with both modules in stage 1, will be writing stage 2 soonest

Wow! please add me on whatsapp now 08054240524 0r flash me please. my name is Sesan
Re: CIS Professional Diploma Exam: Advice And Help On Reading Materials Needed by wallmosh: 2:29pm On Jul 09, 2015
Martins301:
Hy All. Am currently thinking about taking the CIS Professional Diploma exam. I have gone through the exam syllable and am confident that I can ace the exam if I study well. However, I do not yet have access to study materials and am hoping someone here might have information regarding such.
Whether online PDFs or hard copy books, if you have any suggestion kindly post it here. I will appreciate it.
The subject areas are:
1. Business Law
2. Business Communication
3. Business Accounting
4. Business Management
5. Business Mathematics and Statistics
6. Fundamentals of Financial Markets
7. Financial Statement Analysis
8. Quantitative Techniques
9. Corporate Finance
10. Law, Ethics and Professional Standards
11. Regulations and Practice of Securities and Investments
12. Asset Valuation and Portfolio Management
13. Derivatives.
davide470:
Which courses are in that stage.. Might to able to help out with some books per se
doenut:
ooh, now I get. Ehyah..you're quite right. But don't be bothered, keep your FAITH up..if you can focus on the principles of preparing the statements it'll benefit you..the exams are OBJ so you won't be preparing statements, just to test your knowledge that's all. I'm available if you need more info..cheers!!
A call for materials. please.
Kaysalas:
..@ doenut didn't see your email, kindly send a mail to my nairaland I'd @ yahoo don come. expecting
A call for materials. please.
Re: CIS Professional Diploma Exam: Advice And Help On Reading Materials Needed by wallmosh: 12:04am On Jul 11, 2015
Kaysalas:

BACK TO WORK ...

We are waiting for your experience
Re: CIS Professional Diploma Exam: Advice And Help On Reading Materials Needed by Kaysalas(m): 9:11pm On Jul 11, 2015
@wallmosh, the said exam went very well, already answered your mail. @ sesan, Na wa O!
Re: CIS Professional Diploma Exam: Advice And Help On Reading Materials Needed by wallmosh: 9:36pm On Jul 11, 2015
[quote author=Kaysalas post=35755520]@wallmosh, the said exam went very well, already answered your mail. @ sesan, Na wa O![/quote

planning to pay visit to their office
Re: CIS Professional Diploma Exam: Advice And Help On Reading Materials Needed by wallmosh: 12:03pm On Aug 06, 2015
Kaysalas:
@wallmosh, the said exam went very well, already answered your mail. @ sesan, Na wa O!

Thanks. I visited their office in CMS and full details were given.

I will be glad if you can assist with previous materials to make supplicates for hard copies or mailing the soft copies to me.
Re: CIS Professional Diploma Exam: Advice And Help On Reading Materials Needed by Kaysalas(m): 5:44pm On Aug 07, 2015
wallmosh:

Thanks. I visited their office in CMS and full details were given.

I will be glad if you can assist with previous materials to make supplicates for hard copies or mailing the soft copies to me.
The materials ( modules A & B, stage 1) are far away from where I stay. Going home to pick them up now is not very convenient for me.

1 Like

Re: CIS Professional Diploma Exam: Advice And Help On Reading Materials Needed by Kaysalas(m): 5:50pm On Aug 07, 2015
https://www.nairaland.com/1942591/c.i.s-diploma-securities-investment-prospects
To all prospective students of the CIS diploma, kindly read up this thread to see what plans the institute is putting in place
Re: CIS Professional Diploma Exam: Advice And Help On Reading Materials Needed by Mattex001(m): 4:35pm On Feb 02, 2016
Kaysalas:

Two stages-- stage 1 has module A and B, stage 2 has same. four in all. You can write either one or both modules in each stage monthly. visit their office at the CMS bookshop house for more info, 10th floor
Hi pls can I talk to you via email
Re: CIS Professional Diploma Exam: Advice And Help On Reading Materials Needed by prettygeek: 9:49pm On Oct 11, 2016
A

(1) (2) (Reply)

Before You Quit Your Low Paying Job Check This List / Challenges Of Being An Accountant / From Nigeria To Europe – My PLAB Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.