Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,381 members, 7,829,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

One Business You Can Start Without Money - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / One Business You Can Start Without Money (985 Views)

Top 19 Lucrative Business You Can Start In Nigeria With Less Money / Let Me Show You A Sure Business You Can Start With 3,000 Naira! / Offline Business You Can Start Without Capital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

One Business You Can Start Without Money by fredasue: 11:20am On Nov 12, 2008
VOICE OVER/BACK UP SINGER
A kind of business you can start without money is serving as a back up singer in recording studios or do voice over for jingles. This simply involves singing choruses in musical recordings. It also involves composing songs and advert jingles for individuals and companies.

WHO IS A VOICE OVER/ BACK UP ARTIST?
This is a person or group of persons who earn their living by talking in jingles and backing up in musical recordings. This person has the talent and knowledge in music and studio recording. He can also compose and produce songs for radio/TV jingles and music recording.

REQUIREMENT
To do this job, you need to have a trained voice and knowledge in singing on beat, on level, harmonies, etc. In the case of jingles you need to have a trained voice for commercial jingles. Secondly you need to be a fast talker and at least have a good command of the English language, and any other popular language in your country.However, to be good for this kind of business, practice makes perfect. You need to stay close to a studio. This is because recording requires more discipline than outdoor singing.In the studio, technicalities are involved which you get to know by regular visits.

HOW TO DO THE JOB
In addition to being paid by studio owners for back ups and voice over, you can equally produce your own jingles at home.Here, all you need is a tape recorder and some clean old cassette tapes.After composing the lyrics you then make a proper rehearsal. The next thing is to record, making sure that you time yourself. In this business, time matters a lot. The shorter the time the less the cost.I must tell you that it is not usually the quality of the recording but the creativity behind the work that attracts and impresses clients. So give it a try.

HOW TO GET THE JOB
To start the business of Back up singer/ a voice over artist all you need to do is to gather the addresses of as many recording studios as possible in town.Secondly to make it easier for assessment, all you need is to record your voice on tape.Try and do some house DEMO (demonstration tape) like singing a special song on tape, especially the one you are sure of singing without instruments.
Just let the listener be able to assess your vocal quality, vocal ability and musical dexterity.With this a lot of explanations are reduced. Try and write your own jingles and record them in as many languages as possible within a 30-60 second interval.Then start visiting the studios and offices.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Which Online Businesses Can I Use My Website For? / How Can I Multiply My Cash Flow / What Business Can I Start With The Sum Of Just #100,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.