Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,313 members, 7,846,384 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? (35675 Views)

Will You Denounce Your Faith in God Taking The (Mark Of The Beast) for meds / Re: Will You Denounce Your Faith At Gun Point? / Will You Denounce Your Faith At Gun Point? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:30pm On Oct 14, 2014
Idrismusty97:
Yes you are right. But replaced that "reality" with "stüpidity".

bro , If God does not exist and creation by Him did not take place , can you explain between an egg and the chicken which came first
Re: Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? by onetrack(m): 5:34pm On Oct 14, 2014
I already denounced my faith a long time ago and nobody paid me even a single naira.
Re: Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? by Idrismusty97(m): 5:34pm On Oct 14, 2014
KingEbukasBlog:

bro , If God does not exist and creation by Him did not take place , can you explain between an egg and the chicken which came first
Well if i understand your question the egg came first. But i don't really understand that question.
Re: Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? by cmecproblem(m): 5:38pm On Oct 14, 2014
If you are not sure of your faith feel free to denounce,but with real belief in your faith more than 100mill will be added to your ministry
Re: Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:43pm On Oct 14, 2014
Idrismusty97:
Well if i understand your question the egg came first. But i don't really understand that question.

Lemme break it down to you ... you are human and your mum gave birth to you . And someone gave birth to your mum and so on . Trace everything down to Adam and Eve . this makes more sense cos I believe in God and His creations

Same with a chicken and an egg . He created the cock and the hen . Mating between these two led to the formation of an egg . You get ?

Since you dont believe in God ... between the egg and a chicken which came first in the beginning
Re: Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:44pm On Oct 14, 2014
onetrack:
I already denounced my faith a long time ago and nobody paid me even a single naira.

so list out the benefits of this change you made .
Re: Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? by onetrack(m): 5:48pm On Oct 14, 2014
KingEbukasBlog:

so list out the benefits of this change you made .

Not worrying about some kind of eternal torture for misunderstanding some old book.

1 Like

Re: Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? by Skeelzz(m): 5:49pm On Oct 14, 2014
I did that for free 2 years back...me taking money for it will just be a bonus.. smiley

1 Like

Re: Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? by sapientia(m): 5:49pm On Oct 14, 2014
Re: Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? by Idrismusty97(m): 5:50pm On Oct 14, 2014
KingEbukasBlog:

Lemme break it down to you ... you are human and your mum gave birth to you . And someone gave birth to your mum and so on . Trace everything down to Adam and Eve . this makes more sense cos I believe in God and His creations

Same with a chicken and an egg . He created the cock and the hen . Mating between these two led to the formation of an egg . You get ?

Since you dont believe in God ... between the egg and a chicken which came first in the beginning
I don't know. What is the crime in saying "I don't know"? And just because i have no idea doesn't mean i will accept some cooked up story from some foreign books. I don't also believed in the atheist "big bang story" bullshìt or some evolution crap. I see no difference with that and the principle of a creator. No one can proof the existence or nonexistence of god. Just like Richard Dawkins said that "mankind felt the need for creation myths." No one knows how the world came about so they have no choice but to accept it was created by a god. But which god? Some want to reach him through a 2000 years old carpenter, others want to reach him through a prophet and some are trying to reach him through cows, animals, ornaments etc But i am not like them! I rather die not knowing which is the right god than waste valuable time worshiping the wrong god. And why does a god even needs to be worshipped?

2 Likes

Re: Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? by simpleseyi: 5:51pm On Oct 14, 2014
Horayce:

Truer words have never ben said. Still, would you denounce all the available Gods for a 100 billion dollars?

Am I more saint than Peter? He denied Jesus three different times within few minutes. What about Thomas that refused to believe until he saw proves? Who am I to claim holy?
Re: Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:58pm On Oct 14, 2014
onetrack:

Not worrying about some kind of eternal torture for misunderstanding some old book.

my good friend , I know it is not easy , because the fun of the flesh . But if you die , and everything turns out to be true ... have you sat down and thought of it ?

What will you gain you dont believe ? Riches , knowledge ? For how long ?
If you die and it turns to be true .. the regret will be indescribable . Who will you blame ? Where will you run to ?
Regretting and wishing you believed forever and ever and ever and ever and ever ...

Its really gona be sad ...

Be wise , dont be deceived
Re: Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:04pm On Oct 14, 2014
simpleseyi:

Am I more saint than Peter? He denied Jesus three different times within few minutes. What about Thomas that refused to believe until he saw proves? Who am I to claim holy?

You are neither Peter nor Thomas ... you are who you are
Dont live your life on certain decisions people you feel are better than you had made

You are you ... live your life , make the right decisions
Re: Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? by Idrismusty97(m): 6:09pm On Oct 14, 2014
KingEbukasBlog:

my good friend , I know it is not easy , because the fun of the flesh . But if you die , and everything turns out to be true ... have you sat down and thought of it ?

If you die and it turns to be true .. the regret will be indescribable . Who will you blame ? Where will you run to ?
Regretting and wishing you believed forever and ever and ever and ever and ever ...

Lol...You should be worried too. Cause if Allah, Buddha or some other gods turns out to be the real god you will still burn along with the atheists you are lecturing. Have you sat down to think about that too? You speak of "god" as if he is only one, They are over tens of thousands of gods bro. If you are worshipping the wrong one don't you think the real one is angry with you wherever he is. And if yours is the right god that means billions of Muslims, Buddhist, Hindi and many others will roast in hell also. So what is the fuss about atheist? They are no different from the religions i mentioned above, according to your god they will all burn.
Re: Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? by Sanmix2007(m): 6:15pm On Oct 14, 2014
what. shall it profit a man to gain d whole world and lose his soul
Re: Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? by lastpage: 6:36pm On Oct 14, 2014
Unibenstudent:
If U Are Given 100 Million Naira To Denounce Ur Faith,will U? I can never agree to denounce xtianity.Never?

If what you mean by "denounce" is if for example, you are a Christian, then you are offered 100Milla to DENY that you are a Christian (Say: I am NOT a Christian), [b] then l will do it sharp-sharp!
.....and collect the Money!
In fact, l will do it for "half-price"!
grin grin

I will use 50Milla of the money (half) to educate children who are orphans, l will use part of it to build single unit house for a few widows, l will use part of it to sow into the business of fathers whose business are "struggling" so they can feed their family.

I will go to a few villages and sink borehole for them so they can have portable drinkable water, ...with generator to boot.
I will take part of the remainder and build/equip a few hospitals in very remote villages with no access to electricity.

By the time l finish, if l still have anything left, l will put it into an endowment fund for the best student from my alma matta primary school.

Now, once the money is finished, l would seriously pray to god to "direct me" as l advertise that l am ready to "denounce" my faith again, and collect another 100Milla! shocked shocked shocked

[size=14pt]Of what use is "FAITH" that produce no "WORKS" ?
Abeegi, make l hear word joor.
[/size] undecided undecided undecided
If my pastor or anyone does not like it, they can kiss-ma-arze![/b] tongue tongue

Lastpage!

Caveat: if l offend any "religious fanatic', please forgive me, it was not intentional! I just dont buy into this idea of "professing your faith with your mouth" ...when you can actually do it by your conduct to your fellow man in need. I guess l dey crase at times! shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Oct 14, 2014
joseph1832:
You speak of punishment when your Bible readily speak of forgiveness.

Your morbid fascination about hell fire made me write that last post, i made no mention of it in all my previous posts. But you didnt answer my question, and believe you me, forgiveness is certain to all them that believe, 'that whosoever believe in Him shall not perish', but you cant just sit on the fence. The world is of two. Those who are for GOD, and those who aren't. It's time to decide, will you choose to be against GOD? In this sin-infested and devil-controlled world!
Re: Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Oct 14, 2014
Ashonibarenla:

Your morbid fascination about hell fire made me write that last post, i made no mention of it in all my previous posts. But you didnt answer my question, and believe you me, forgiveness is certain to all them that believe, 'that whosoever believe in Him shall not perish', but you cant just sit on the fence. The world is of two. Those who are for GOD, and those who aren't. It's time to decide, will you choose to be against GOD? In this sin-infested and devil-controlled world!
You are a fool.
Re: Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? by Fxwarrior: 7:15pm On Oct 14, 2014
Unibenstudent:
If U Are Given 100 Million Naira To Denounce Ur Faith,will U? I can never agree to denounce xtianity.Never?

Denounce my faith for tissue money. Naira has no value. #100,000,000 is equivalent to a well built duplex in Abuja.
Re: Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? by Fraih(f): 7:22pm On Oct 14, 2014
beejaay:

I will denounce it with pleasure my brother.

What shall it profit a man who gains the whole world and lose his own soul?sad
Re: Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? by joseph1832(m): 7:31pm On Oct 14, 2014
Ashonibarenla:

The world is of two according to christianity and islam right?. So what about shintoism, confusianism, hinduism, zionism, buddhism etc?.

And please ask that question again and I'll give you a honest answer.
Re: Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Oct 14, 2014
Show me the money.... cool
Re: Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? by EreluY(f): 7:44pm On Oct 14, 2014
simpleseyi:
Which faith are you people talking about? You are a Christian only because you are born in Eastern Nigeria or in Western Nigeria or in Europe or America. If you were born by parents who are Sokoto indigenes, you will be a Muslim today.

If Pope Francis was born in Saudi Arabia by Saudi indigenes, today he will be a Muslim. Also, if the king of Saudi Arabia and the Sheikh of Qatar were born in Owerri by Catholic parents, today they will both be staunch Catholics.

These religious bigots are just over the whole place. The whitemen brought their religions to colonize us. Imaging so-call Christian missionaries capturing our fore-fathers, chaining them down and transporting them to whiteman's land to work as slave. And you call them missionaries of God. The same way Usmand Dan Fodio waged war in the North in order to capture the North in the name of Islam even when Northern Nigeria by then was already practicing Islam. The whitemen came to tell us that our gods are evil and their god is good, yet the God the exported to us killed more people in the Bible and the Quran than the people all our gods (ogun, sango, obatala, oya, amadioha, okija e.t.c.) put together have been accused of killing.

I am a Muslim because I was born into Islam, my wife is a Christian because she was born into Christianity. We are happy together. You all practice one religion or the other because you were born into it. How many of us researched into all the religions of the world before concluding that the one you currently practice is the best. You cannot just have idea about one thing and say that it is the best in the world, until you compare and contract it with all others. ogun and sango worshipers are living peacefully with each other and you tell me that Christians and Muslims that are also at each others throat are better than ogun and sango worshippers.

Many thanks for this thoughtful response. You, however, omitted the issue or phenomenon of religious conversion, sadly emanating from unverifiable claims. Personally, the biggest problem I have with Nigerians is the lack critical thinking and rationality. Even the teaching of religion in Nigerian higher institutions is dogmatically confessional, in comparison with European, North American and Australasian institutions where the teaching of religion is critically liberal. Invariably, whilst Nigerian Religious Studies departments typically teach with religious fervor (enough a reason to scrap them and turn off public funding tap), their counterparts in the develop world typically teach to facilitate students' critical and rational understanding of religions. In fact, the vast majority of religious studies scholars in university departments in the developed world are atheists or agnostics.

4 Likes

Re: Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? by EreluY(f): 7:55pm On Oct 14, 2014
Ashonibarenla:

There is no conclusively convincing evidence for God. For countless centuries, arguments for God's existence (vis-a-vis: ontological, cosmological and teleological arguments) have been articulated to no avail. The Problem of Evil alone leaves God's alleged omnipotence, omniscience, and omni-benevolence in complete tatters. Also, the notion that God allows evil (as is often said in the case of Job) to happen to test homo sapiens is an absolute rubbish. Of course, the bible is an acutely concocted document: the Old Testament contains Ancient Hebrew narratives interspersed with Ancient Mesopotamia mythologies and folklore whilst the New testament contains grossly redacted and forged narratives about Jesus and Early Christian Origins. I'll rather not believe the pack of lies contained in the Bible. The Quaran is another bull sh1t that I'll rather not go into.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? by onetrack(m): 8:07pm On Oct 14, 2014
KingEbukasBlog:

If your god exists and he sends ANYONE to hell then he is not worthy of any kind of worship or respect. I'd even say he is a psychopath.

3 Likes

Re: Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? by M4gunners: 8:12pm On Oct 14, 2014
desgiezd:
Of what use is the enjoyment to be procured with #100m here and now compared with eternal joy & peace?
Bros i hail oh . except you are telling me you are not a nigerian.
Re: Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? by ProfyJay(m): 8:42pm On Oct 14, 2014
voltron:

N100 million is sure, Eternity and Peace is unsure as it was at the beginning of creation.. which has brought us to our condition today.. what makes you so sure of it now wink
. And what if you denounce christ and accept the 100million and end up not seeing the light of the 100million..."What shall it profit a man, if he gains the whole world and loose he soul?". Vanity upon vanity all is vanity!
Re: Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:54pm On Oct 14, 2014
onetrack:

If your god exists and he sends ANYONE to hell then he is not worthy of any kind of worship or respect. I'd even say he is a psychopath.

since your parents flogged u when u did wrong ... does it mean they are shocked
Re: Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? by pomide(m): 8:57pm On Oct 14, 2014
what faith?
Re: Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:58pm On Oct 14, 2014
EreluY:

There is no conclusively convincing evidence for God. For countless centuries, arguments for God's existence (vis-a-vis: ontological, cosmological and teleological arguments) have been articulated to no avail. The Problem of Evil alone leaves God's alleged omnipotence, omniscience, and omni-benevolence in complete tatters. Also, the notion that God allows evil (as is often said in the case of Job) to happen to test homo sapiens is an absolute rubbish. Of course, the bible is an acutely concocted document: the Old Testament contains Ancient Hebrew narratives interspersed with Ancient Mesopotamia mythologies and folklore whilst the New testament contains grossly redacted and forged narratives about Jesus and Early Christian Origins. I'll rather not believe the pack of lies contained in the Bible. The Quaran is another bull sh1t that I'll rather not go into.

k
Re: Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:00pm On Oct 14, 2014
EreluY:

Many thanks for this thoughtful response. You, however, omitted the issue or phenomenon of religious conversion, sadly emanating from unverifiable claims. Personally, the biggest problem I have with Nigerians is the lack critical thinking and rationality. Even the teaching of religion in Nigerian higher institutions is dogmatically confessional, in comparison with European, North American and Australasian institutions where the teaching of religion is critically liberal. Invariably, whilst Nigerian Religious Studies departments typically teach with religious fervor (enough a reason to scrap them and turn off public funding tap), their counterparts in the develop world typically teach to facilitate students' critical and rational understanding of religions. In fact, the vast majority of religious studies scholars in university departments in the developed world are atheists or agnostics.

kk
Re: Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? by Drayton: 9:02pm On Oct 14, 2014
if 100 million will save your soul... go ahead. . but if it won't. ... I'm sorry for u

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar / Where Will Mad People Go To When They Die: Heaven Or Hell? / Pastor Orders Bride To Remove Eyelashes At Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.