Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar (35448 Views)

My Experience With Eckankar Religion / Ilorin Pastors Brainwash Church Members To Disown Parents, Burn Certificate / Re:his Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by pimper24: 7:45am On Oct 14, 2018
Please urgent advise is need. A friend of mine who is an Eckist or member of Eckankar has confided in that his family has concluded plans to disown him because of his membership of the religious group.

They accused him of using occultic powers to hoodwink members of his family. His younger brother said he bumped into his diary where he wrote the family members' names and also different bizarre names beside each for reasons no one could explain.

He has been mandated to denounce his membership or get expelled from the family.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by stainlink(m): 7:50am On Oct 14, 2018
Really?
And you did another naming ceremony for them abi.

Badt guy

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Nobody: 7:55am On Oct 14, 2018
a few weeks back I was having an argument with my mum regarding this ekankar stuff.
she view it as an occultic group while to me it is just a group of religious people with a different way of worship.
let me wait for others opinion

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by agadam(m): 8:23am On Oct 14, 2018
ekankar they way of worship look occultic...

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by falcon01: 8:23am On Oct 14, 2018
My country people and their stupid beliefs

5 Likes

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by kingthreat(m): 9:47am On Oct 14, 2018
pimper24:
Please urgent advise is need. A friend of mine who is an Eckist or member of Eckankar has confided in that his family has concluded plans to disown him because of his membership of the religious group.

They accused him of using occultic powers to hoodwink members of his family. His younger brother said he bumped into his diary where he wrote the family members' names and also different bizarre names beside each for reasons no one could explain.

He has been mandated to denounce his membership or get expelled from the family.

If the bolded is true, they should go ahead and disown him. If I hear any member of my family is into any of the below, our relationship will be as distant as from here to the North Pole:

Reformed Ogboni Fraternity
Eckankar
Amorc
Brotherhood of the Cross & star
Anything occultic.

A man's enemies shall be members of his own household

201 Likes 10 Shares

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 14, 2018
Because they don't want you in hell.

That religion will only lead you to hell

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 14, 2018
Just because a person doesn't hold same religious beliefs as you, doesn't make his/her religious body occultic.

Whilst I was in the university in Nigeria, I attended Eckankar, AMORC and regular churches. Some of my friends thought I was weird. Most of them thought I was completely mad. None realized that I was just trying to be myself; I was trying to understand the different religion so I could better understand and live harmoniously with people of different religious background and worldviews.

In the developed world, nobody cares whether you are a Muslim, a Christian, or a person with no religion.

If I were the guy, I'll disown such a family before they do. They are not his family members. A family will respect and support your individual decision, religious view inclusive.

Everyone must not be a Christian!

Who has bewitched Nigeria?

112 Likes 19 Shares

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by fulaniHERDSman(m): 9:48am On Oct 14, 2018
angry sad
They should disown him if he still lives under and feeds off them .....

You start having any atom of opinion when you are TOTALLY on your own.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by psychologist(m): 9:48am On Oct 14, 2018
Nairaland and my friend, my friend friend

Oga stop going to eckanka dey are more or less a cult undecided

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by zizirecords(m): 9:48am On Oct 14, 2018
Our religious overzealousness will never let us progress in this country. There is nothing occultic (whatever that means) about eckankar. A little Google search would have helped his family. angry

23 Likes

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by ibietela2(m): 9:48am On Oct 14, 2018
So why does he have their names written?

23 Likes

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by lastempero: 9:48am On Oct 14, 2018
Yea they need to do that before he starts Influencing them.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Cladez(m): 9:49am On Oct 14, 2018
Why won't they disown him when he decides to join such gathering.

isn't ekankar a cult group?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Starboytwo(m): 9:49am On Oct 14, 2018
What is eckankar?...and why did he write names of people down somewhere...

If one nigga joins something I don't understand then he is a suspect.... And If I found out he wrote my name somewhere in a piece of paper and it's not list of noise makers then kasala go burst....

87 Likes 2 Shares

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by kizolo(m): 9:49am On Oct 14, 2018
Family or religion.... The choice is his

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by meobizy(f): 9:50am On Oct 14, 2018
If his faith in the religion is strong then he should prepare to live a hermit life.
I believe atheists are the luckiest of people. They don’t burden their minds with the chains of the ‘religious’.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by lastempero: 9:50am On Oct 14, 2018
Why seek knowledge that will destroy you, I have a friend that is trying to runaway from them but there is no way out.

32 Likes

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Righteousness89(m): 9:50am On Oct 14, 2018
pimper24:

If am a member of his Family, I will deal with him with a Long Spoon!!
What is eckankar?

2 Likes

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by twilliamx(m): 9:51am On Oct 14, 2018
Don't know anything about them
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by BethelD1(m): 9:51am On Oct 14, 2018
Respect your family.. There is safety in following family instructions, Jehovah clear your eyes in Jesus's name

7 Likes

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by AK481(m): 9:52am On Oct 14, 2018
Wetin him find go for eckanckar supposed reach disown am.

2 Likes

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 14, 2018
Eckankar dey get money oo

2 Likes

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by iphanyiuma(m): 9:52am On Oct 14, 2018
It's quite sad that in a country like Nigeria you get persecuted for having control over your own life and mind.. The Muslims hate that you're not a Muslim the Christian see you as a sinner even tho you've never offended them.. That's how somebody tagged me a sinner because I had earrings on.. We should learn to accept people and respect their decisions because they don't believe in what you do does not make them any less human.. Even the Bible says love your neighbor as you love yourself...

Peace happy Sunday guys smiley wink

19 Likes

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Strangebuttrue(m): 9:52am On Oct 14, 2018
Eckankar ke

2 Likes

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by idyday(m): 9:53am On Oct 14, 2018
There is nothing occultic about eckankar. Please research before you conclude

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Macmoni(m): 9:54am On Oct 14, 2018
Ggg
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 14, 2018
Whenever I read things like this, I weep for Africa.
With news like this, saying one believes in the order of masonry will attract stoning then. Hahaha

9 Likes

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by princemillla(m): 9:55am On Oct 14, 2018
fulaniHERDSman:
angry sad
They should disown him if he still lives under and feeds off them .....

You start having any atom of opinion when you are TOTALLY on your own.

The only mature comment.
#thumbs

3 Likes

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Bannylove13: 9:56am On Oct 14, 2018
Eck is an occultic group that don't believe that they are occultic..

The hate the Bible with passion and won't allow it anywhere near their homes..

They believe in soul travel.. and so many other things that ain't right.

Though it's not proper to disown their kid..they should show him love of God ..pray for him . That God will touch him and bring him back to his senses..

Something made him join Eck..might be anything..power money protection..etc..

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by chrisbaxtian(m): 9:56am On Oct 14, 2018
hmmm....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Cultist Vomits 'Demonic Cowries' At TB Joshua’s Church!!! / What Has The Incessant Leaks Of Sex And Nude Videos Taught Us? / Pastor Orders Bride To Remove Eyelashes At Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.