Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,135 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

What Should I Do About The Strange $5000 In My Account? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Should I Do About The Strange $5000 In My Account? (2287 Views)

Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit / Money Was Wrongfully Transfered Into My Account, What Should I Do? Pls Advise / GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should I Do About The Strange $5000 In My Account? by iceland(m): 1:56pm On Nov 12, 2008
I really don't know where to post this but decided to put it here because this section gets more traffic than the rest.I need urgent advice.I have a domiciliary account with one of these big banks in Nigeria.I checked my account balance three days ago And there was a strange $5000 in my account.I do not give my account number to anyone because it is for the purpose of credit card ONLY.So I do the depositing alone.When I requested for my statement in paper today,one mister xxxx paid in the money.What should I do?Or should I count it as God's blessing as God works in mysterious ways?But if am to return it . . . .To who?
Re: What Should I Do About The Strange $5000 In My Account? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 12, 2008
iceland:

I really don't know where to post this but decided to put it here because this section gets more traffic than the rest.I need urgent advice.I have a domiciliary account with one of these big banks in Nigeria.I checked my account balance three days ago And there was a strange $5000 in my account.I do not give my account number to anyone because it is for the purpose of credit card ONLY.So I do the depositing alone.When I requested for my statement in paper today,one mister xxxx paid in the money.What should I do?Or should I count it as God's blessing as God works in mysterious ways?But if am to return it . . . .To who?

Make further investigations and don't be so quick to spend it.
Re: What Should I Do About The Strange $5000 In My Account? by sistajay(f): 2:04pm On Nov 12, 2008
Even though that *little voice in your head* says spend, spend, spend, this is your lucky day. I say speak to the Bank Manager about the mix up, if you spend now, you'll pay back later.
Re: What Should I Do About The Strange $5000 In My Account? by iceland(m): 2:06pm On Nov 12, 2008
michelin89:

Make further investigations and don't be so quick to spend it.
Investigation? shocked  I dont even know where to start.Am afraid to report it  to the bank because they might just take the money and keep quiet! lipsrsealed
Re: What Should I Do About The Strange $5000 In My Account? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Nov 12, 2008
iceland:

Investigation? shocked I don't even know where to start.Am afraid to report it to the bank because they might just take the money and keep quiet! lipsrsealed

Ehhh. You for tell us na that one be your headache! If you know it doesn't belong to you, then let it go. The bank might be a criminal to steal someone's money but you are not.
Re: What Should I Do About The Strange $5000 In My Account? by iceland(m): 2:10pm On Nov 12, 2008
sista-jay:

Even though that *little voice in your head* says spend, spend, spend, this is your lucky day. I say speak to the Bank Manager about the mix up, if you spend now, you'll pay back later.
You are sure right!But is there any law against me if I spent the money?I did not steal it remember?It" not my fault it comes in there.
Re: What Should I Do About The Strange $5000 In My Account? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Nov 12, 2008
iceland:

You are sure right!But is there any law against me if I spent the money?I did not steal it remember?It" not my fault it comes in there.

people are careless all the time, but you should never take advantage of it. If someone loses his wallet right in front of you, won't you kindly tell him?

The bank knows who this person is. There is no crime in trusting them.
Re: What Should I Do About The Strange $5000 In My Account? by sexyLeamon(f): 2:12pm On Nov 12, 2008
you should be very careful who know someone may have set you up. if I were you, I would report it to the police
Re: What Should I Do About The Strange $5000 In My Account? by zignor(m): 2:13pm On Nov 12, 2008
Dude, your trick will not work tongue tongue tongue

find another trick tongue tongue tongue
Re: What Should I Do About The Strange $5000 In My Account? by iceland(m): 2:13pm On Nov 12, 2008
michelin89:

Ehhh. You for tell us na that one be your headache! If you know it doesn't belong to you, then let it go. The bank might be a criminal to steal someone's money but you are not.
What I meant is this . . .It might be a divine provision!
Re: What Should I Do About The Strange $5000 In My Account? by tboy1(m): 2:14pm On Nov 12, 2008
iceland:

You are sure right!But is there any law against me if I spent the money?[/b]I did not steal it remember?It" not my fault it comes in there.

There is no law!!! I'll advice you to leave the money in ur acc for a while and dont touch it and dont inform anyone either!!!
Just assume you have a new credit card which you can use anytime and [b]might
have to pay it back if you spend it  wink
Re: What Should I Do About The Strange $5000 In My Account? by soulamanne(m): 2:18pm On Nov 12, 2008
do it this way.play a very long waiting game.say till mar nx yr.u ll be tempted to "borrow" from it but try not to.if afta the long wait no response try spendin bit by bit.but d truth is it is someone else's and if it is nt meant for u they will come lookin aftersometimes.rmbr this is ICT age so tracing wont be hard so think abt this too
Re: What Should I Do About The Strange $5000 In My Account? by iceland(m): 2:18pm On Nov 12, 2008
michelin89:

people are careless all the time, but you should never take advantage of it. If someone loses his wallet right in front of you, won't you kindly tell him?

The bank knows who this person is. There is no crime in trusting them.
Then I would know who he is . . . . . but in this case I dont know him

zignor:

Dude, your trick will not work tongue tongue tongue

find another trick tongue tongue tongue

What are you talking about?
Re: What Should I Do About The Strange $5000 In My Account? by spikedcylinder: 2:19pm On Nov 12, 2008
Police maka gini? angry Nigerian Police? You are on your own o!!

Oga ice, count this as a miracle, God's blessings, Karma. . . or whatever floats you boat but please don't report this to anyone o! Keep quiet but don't be too quick to spend it. Leave it be for a while then strike when no one is looking. . .  wink
Re: What Should I Do About The Strange $5000 In My Account? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 12, 2008
@ iceland

Me sure day them dey test you. Nor fall for this trick ooo! grin
Re: What Should I Do About The Strange $5000 In My Account? by JustGood(m): 2:23pm On Nov 12, 2008
spikedcylinder:

Police maka gini? angry Nigerian Police? You are on your own o!!

Oga ice, count this as a miracle, God's blessings, Karma. . . or whatever floats you boat but please don't report this to anyone o! Keep quiet but don't be too quick to spend it. Leave it be for a while then strike when no one is looking. . . wink

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh spiked shocked

he he he
Re: What Should I Do About The Strange $5000 In My Account? by christian9(m): 2:26pm On Nov 12, 2008
spend the lot on yourself and big very quick
Re: What Should I Do About The Strange $5000 In My Account? by inbox(m): 2:28pm On Nov 12, 2008
SPIKKY
Re: What Should I Do About The Strange $5000 In My Account? by sistajay(f): 2:33pm On Nov 12, 2008
@ Poster

I see you're mind is workin OVERTIME on this. Don't do it, pure and simple.
Re: What Should I Do About The Strange $5000 In My Account? by igwe11(m): 2:45pm On Nov 12, 2008
if your story is true then leave it in your acc for the owner to come looking for it, if he didn't come, atleast 6 months after then you can count it as blessing from either faulty banking system or transfer system.but don't be surprised one day it might happen against you.

Wait oooooooooo, grin grin grin

check back on your acc statement, it could be another person's acc details.
Re: What Should I Do About The Strange $5000 In My Account? by Emperoh(m): 2:51pm On Nov 12, 2008
This little story below goes with my advice

We had a client and a good one at that who walked into our office one day
and decided she was selling a sizeable chunk of her securities with us
It was unlike her but as was with us, we obliged her request

Now just prior to paying her cheque, she sent message that the cheque be paid into her Access Bank account
It was on instructing our Relatioship officer that we learnt that the lady was in police custody
What happened

8 months ago, this event happened in May,
the sum of N5m was mistakenly credited to her account by the tallying guys
She came to her account one morning and saw that she was 5M richer.
She kept quiet for three months, no response
5 months, no response and then my lady, i do rather say, 'wisely',
Invested the money, bought shares and was practically enjoying the money
When the rightful beneficiary of the money raised an alarm with the Bank

Investigation started with the Customer's lawyer threatening fire and brimstone
After close to eight months, the money was traced to the lady's account.
The cashier was fired while the woman was written to fund her account so the transaction can be reversed
For where the woman disaapeared, so to speak,
After 3 months of dilly dallying, when she say that nothing could be done to claim the money as hers
She sold the stock but then, Police has already arrested her.
Well, she paid back after selling the stocks. But if she had raised alarm at the begining
maybe some award and public appearance would have come her way as an "Honest" Nigerian

Ice,
Let the Branch Manager of the Bank know about the money
I bet you, they will never spend it.
Infact if the owner is not found it will be in your account till the owner is found
Why i said you should notify the Bank if to be on a safe side
SO that at the end of a period and the owner money of the money isn't found,
please go ahead and spend it.

God will never bless you if you don't sweat for something or illegitimately.
E no dey happen.
Re: What Should I Do About The Strange $5000 In My Account? by spikedcylinder: 2:54pm On Nov 12, 2008
Wetin I do na? grin grin grin

Ice, berra listen to me.
This money was probably paid into your account by one of those yahoo yahoo people mistakenly. God don answer your prayers for that flat screen wey you want. Berra spend the money. Or if you want to report to anybody, report to me. I would show you what to do with accidental money. grin

Emperoh, leave story abeg! angry
Re: What Should I Do About The Strange $5000 In My Account? by iceland(m): 3:26pm On Nov 12, 2008
Emperoh:

This little story below goes with my advice

We had a client and a good one at that who walked into our office one day
and decided she was selling a sizeable chunk of her securities with us
It was unlike her but as was with us, we obliged her request

Now just prior to paying her cheque, she sent message that the cheque be paid into her Access Bank account
It was on instructing our Relatioship officer that we learnt that the lady was in police custody
What happened

8 months ago, this event happened in May,
the sum of N5m was mistakenly credited to her account by the tallying guys
She came to her account one morning and saw that she was 5M richer.
She kept quiet for three months, no response
5 months, no response and then my lady, i do rather say, 'wisely',
Invested the money, bought shares and was practically enjoying the money
When the rightful beneficiary of the money raised an alarm with the Bank

Investigation started with the Customer's lawyer threatening fire and brimstone
After close to eight months, the money was traced to the lady's account.
The cashier was fired while the woman was written to fund her account so the transaction can be reversed
For where the woman disaapeared, so to speak,
After 3 months of dilly dallying, when she say that nothing could be done to claim the money as hers
She sold the stock but then, Police has already arrested her.
Well, she paid back after selling the stocks. But if she had raised alarm at the begining
maybe some award and public appearance would have come her way as an "Honest" Nigerian

Ice,
Let the Branch Manager of the Bank know about the money
I bet you, they will never spend it.
Infact if the owner is not found it will be in your account till the owner is found
Why i said you should notify the Bank if to be on a safe side
SO that at the end of a period and the owner money of the money isn't found,
please go ahead and spend it.

God will never bless you if you don't sweat for something or illegitimately.
E no dey happen.
The story says it all.This is a nice advice.I will see what I can do.Thanks man!
Re: What Should I Do About The Strange $5000 In My Account? by Emad(f): 4:56pm On Nov 12, 2008
Iceland

send it to me let me tell u what to do grin
Re: What Should I Do About The Strange $5000 In My Account? by spikedcylinder: 5:07pm On Nov 12, 2008
iceland:

The story says it all.This is a nice advice.I will see what I can do.Thanks man!

You don gock yourself. Shior. angry

cheesy tongue
Re: What Should I Do About The Strange $5000 In My Account? by omega25red(m): 5:19pm On Nov 12, 2008
The way they do it here in the states, even if you close out your account they wil take you to court after they find out about the missing money. So be careful like someone already told you report it to the bank and let them take care of it.
Re: What Should I Do About The Strange $5000 In My Account? by Emperoh(m): 5:23pm On Nov 12, 2008
Spiked
You no be berra person oo
So if eke kpai the guy wetin you go come do?
Nawa to you ooh!!

Ice,
Abeg just go report to the Branch Head of the transaction
You will realise that if the money isn't yours and you spend
Bros YOU GO SURELY PAY BACK
Maybe by force or not. . . . .
Re: What Should I Do About The Strange $5000 In My Account? by chamotex(m): 5:28pm On Nov 12, 2008
You should be at the shopping mall right now
Re: What Should I Do About The Strange $5000 In My Account? by congoshine(m): 5:29pm On Nov 12, 2008
[center]*What's this doing in the Romance section?*   undecided undecided[/center]
Re: What Should I Do About The Strange $5000 In My Account? by flyuche(m): 5:31pm On Nov 12, 2008
just inform your bank preferably the head office. period. why all this long grammar nah?
Re: What Should I Do About The Strange $5000 In My Account? by JamaicanQT(f): 6:17pm On Nov 12, 2008
You need to transfer it to my account that money needs to be in a safe place until the situation is resolved, I'll but it in a high interest account for you, LETS TALK BUSINESS!!!
Re: What Should I Do About The Strange $5000 In My Account? by Okijajuju1(m): 8:21pm On Nov 12, 2008
@ Poster

If you are a christian, Give Thanks to God for his provision, and then spend it.

If you are an atheist like myself, Thank your bank for the error in your favor, and spend it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Forex Trading Recommendations For Beginners By Instaforex / Scam Alert 2 / Dangote Buys Largest Crane In Africa From China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.