Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) - NYSC (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) (49116 Views)

#ProjectClothe1000 By Nasarawa Corpers In Sdgs & FRSC CDS Group / Corper Impregnated By JSS2 Student In Osun State (Snapshot) / Re: Corps Member Absconds With N2.3m Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by Cmanforall: 1:59pm On Oct 15, 2014
freeboy604:

NYSC has the legal right to withhold his certificate because what he did happened during his service and by also using his NYSC membership as a cover up to perpetuate the act.
In the court Of Law, what proof will NYSC tender to show he was given the money. Any signed document? What if he says it was an empty promise from those politicians?...... Seriously, legally speaking, NYSC will lose the case... Unless they want to hold him on other faults aside this money stuff..... #thinkam

1 Like

Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by Nobody: 2:00pm On Oct 15, 2014
Nothing go happen. The money is illicit. Even crimes that should be legitimately punished go unresolved, so who is expecting theft of bribe money to be punished?

Except the other corpers arrange to find and beat him. That's all.
Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by Nobody: 2:02pm On Oct 15, 2014
Cmanforall:

In the court Of Law, what proof will NYSC tender to show he was given the money. Any signed document? What if he says it was an empty promise from those politicians?...... Seriously, legally speaking, NYSC will lose the case... Unless they want to hold him on other faults aside this money stuff..... #thinkam

NYSC had no complaint anyway. It's the corpers involved who are "concerned" lol. What does NYSC care?

1 Like

Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by Rexnegro(m): 2:08pm On Oct 15, 2014
princetunex:
Oju ole re. Bt seriously dr is no batch c corp member yet. All we av are potential batch c corp members. I think d op meant batch b.
Bro last year batch C never pass out na...abi they don pass out ? Pardon me e don tire wey me I serve ...
Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by mbulela: 2:22pm On Oct 15, 2014
jaydee87:
well I implore the affected corps members should take it easy cos am sure the law will catch up with him.....

Are you sure?

1 Like

Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by Sagamite(m): 3:08pm On Oct 15, 2014
MoyoGENERAL:
A Youth Corper by name Abayomi Isaac Oyebukola is being accused of absconding with about N2.3m given to him
to share among 144 corps members in Osun State.

He is a Batch ‘C’ corps member, serving in Iwo LGA of Osun state with NYSC state code no is OS/13C/1402. He is
the Corper Liaison Officer (CLO) as chosen by the NYSC Local Government Inspector (LGI). Abayomi is a graduate
of the department of English from the University of Ibadan.
He has since been ‘at large’ with $14,400 given to him on the 9th of August 2014 by political parties that
participated in the Osun state gubernatorial election as a largesse to the 144 corps members of the local
government that participated in the election which amounts to $100 per person.
Abayomi was seen by some of his friends in Ibadan with claims from them that he has bought a car and said he
will collect his NYSC discharge certificate through the back door.
The NYSC officials reportedly do not want it to be brought to light but the aggrieved corp members are scared he
may end up getting his discharge certificate and later on become a political figure and in time steal from
Nigerians.

source
http://corpr./2014/10/13/corp-member-allegedly-absconds-with-n2-3m-meant-for-144-corpers-in-osun/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook

http://dailypost.ng/2014/10/14/nysc-corps-member-steals-n2-1m-meant-144-corpers-osun/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1781429_2014101322582082700836_jpegf5ef97efefd507f144bdb76e99c8912c

Some of this fuuktard product of a failed education system don't realise how the world has changed and is changing.

This cretin just destroyed his life and future for $14,400.

Anytime is name is googled for employment, business or even courting reasons, this is what people would find.

Dumb as fck!

5 Likes

Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by Muzikluva(m): 3:13pm On Oct 15, 2014
kilokeys:
hehehehe.. there is no legality to d money from politicians .. they have no case with him.. nysc concerned.. greedy fellow corpers lol
who is more greedy??the guy wu stole d muni meant for himself and his fellow corp members or his colleagues who also worked for d muni?? @op,dis guy own dun finish oo,cc az dem gum him pishure for d whole world

1 Like

Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by kilokeys(m): 3:21pm On Oct 15, 2014
Muzikluva:
who is more greedy??the guy wu stole d muni meant for himself and his fellow corp members or his colleagues who also worked for d muni?? @op,dis guy own dun finish oo,cc az dem gum him pishure for d whole world
we have seen pictures and nothing has happened to the likes of obj, ribad, atiku, ibb..
there is somthing u dont understand abt human nature..

we have our own problems.. we forget..
with time yall would forget..
he is a rich greedy mofo, his fellow corpers are unfortunate greedy mofos, nysc could bribable mofos, the politicians are hmmmm
Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by Godfullsam(m): 3:30pm On Oct 15, 2014
His own share of the national cake grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by teehrt: 3:31pm On Oct 15, 2014
Too little for tarnishing your image- Abayomi[/color]

Too little for tarnishing your image- Abayomi
mtchew!!
Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by amanze15(m): 3:37pm On Oct 15, 2014
princetunex:
Oju ole re. Bt seriously dr is no batch c corp member yet. All we av are potential batch c corp members. I think d op meant batch b.
over sabi 13C
Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 15, 2014
olumzz:

U're big disgrace to Nigerian youths, his state code is 13c meaning he is a batch c member that started serving in d year 2013. Get ur facts right b4 cumin here 2 disgrace ursef...ok?
A lot of poo on this thread has bn quoting me abi na me kidnap d chibok girls? Bt I have singled out a scape goat among this poo mentioning me.

Oga mumu. You re a disgrace to your family nd d entire world. Your trash simply shows dt you are one of d laziest readers of this generation. Next time try read the first page of a thread then you can skip pages cuz if you had done dt you would av noticed that someone corrected me nd I took note. Abi hw can an oyinbo man claim to knw wat amala is if he has never seen one. I'm yet to serve nd I didn't knw wat a Corper number looked like bt nw I knw. pls take note so dt ur entire generation does nt take after u Mr I too knw. And don't quote me to avoid further embarrassment because I ain't got time for dummies! As you can see no tym for ur colleagues I just had to pick d stupidest.

4 Likes

Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 15, 2014
amanze15:
over sabi 13C

Another colleague bt tnx
Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by 100Cents: 3:54pm On Oct 15, 2014
Sharp thief..
Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by IJIGGAH(m): 3:57pm On Oct 15, 2014
It is politics money.The money is no body's money so why are they looking for him.The money in question is nobody's salary or pension.They dont have any case or what soever against him.They should let him be simple.

1 Like

Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by honourablelumis: 4:01pm On Oct 15, 2014
@ D Poster, Try 2 Kno D Source Or Remote Coz Of Tinz B4 Posting It Out.... Where, When, What Is D Purpose Of D Money? Shud We Kal Dia Monthly Allawance? Or What..
Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 15, 2014
olrotimi:
The same Nigerians would come around to tell us to give the youths a chance and do away with the old generation...... the same youths stealing in million dollars now would steal in billion pounds tomorrow. It's in the blood & not an age factor
Don't worry,buhari is coming to do the needful...lols
Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by Nobody: 4:17pm On Oct 15, 2014
Am not surprised after looking at his face. The sweat of those corpers will surely haunt him. Karma has a way of getting back at greedy people. In my CDS if not that I personally audited all the accounts of the Batch-C tenure here in my station. The Treasurer wanted to get away with some CDS money. She vormit every Kobo I swear

1 Like

Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by Nobody: 4:17pm On Oct 15, 2014
olrotimi:
The same Nigerians would come around to tell us to give the youths a chance and do away with the old generation...... the same youths stealing in million dollars now would steal in billion pounds tomorrow. It's in the blood & not an age factor

Not excusing him at all...and of course you have a point
But.....what if all he knew was bad?
What if the older generation taught him so many bad values and morals that he got to think it was okay to steal?

Still a case of bad leadership

Point to ponder
(from someone who the only things she has stolen are her parents' ten ten naira, and her friends' biro bics)
And who was taught not to steal

Cheers
Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 15, 2014
olrotimi:

What gibberish are you saying. So because he made away with $14400 then youth should not be given a chance. Why would you just easily take a wrong turn against the youth. Have your current leaders not been stealing time immemorial? We need fresh ideas, where possible, I would have said mentoring but obviously mentoring is what gave this dude the guts.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by olumzz(m): 4:42pm On Oct 15, 2014
princetunex:

A lot of idiot on this thread has bn quoting me abi na me kidnap d chibok girls? Bt I have singled out a scape goat among this poo mentioning me.

Oga mumu. You re a disgrace to your family nd d entire world. Your trash simply shows dt you are one of d laziest readers of this generation. Next time try read the first page of a thread then you can skip pages cuz if you had done dt you would av noticed that someone corrected me nd I took note. Abi hw can an oyinbo man claim to knw wat amala is if he has never seen one. I'm yet to serve nd I didn't knw wat a Corper number looked like bt nw I knw. pls take note so dt ur entire generation does nt take after u Mr I too knw. And don't quote me to avoid further embarrassment because I ain't got time for dummies! As you can see no tym for ur colleagues I just had to pick d stupidest.
I just can't stop laffin..guy u 2 funny... I no go accuse u again cos i realise say ur mouth sharp pass mine
Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by Elxandre(m): 5:18pm On Oct 15, 2014
zubby29:
i dnt in anyway support him,but wit dat amt money my dear,wise investment will transform him in d near2/3 yrs.please dnt call dat money small excpt if u can borrow me
2.5 million is not worth ruining your future for.
A good reputation is worth more than gold.
Let me ask you a question...

Would you want to have any business dealings with someone like this?

1 Like

Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by zubby29(m): 5:36pm On Oct 15, 2014
no bt d money is big dats my point
Elxandre:

2.5 million is not worth ruining your future for.
A good reputation is worth more than gold.
Let me ask you a question...

Would you want to have any business dealings with someone like this?
Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by jahbiz: 5:37pm On Oct 15, 2014
He has got part of his national cake. At least this will save him from searching for job that doesn't exist afta his passing..........
Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 15, 2014
olumzz:

I just can't stop laffin..guy u 2 funny... I no go accuse u again cos i realise say ur mouth sharp pass mine

lolzzzz. nt brother no vex jor. Nairalanders can be annoying at times. Imagine 9 mentions on top I correction. Well, it simply reminds me of a typical Nigerian parent. Even after my mom has corrected me on an issue she could still bring the issue up again in d next two months if I annoy am nd dz could go on for years.
Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by truvine(m): 6:23pm On Oct 15, 2014
princetunex:

A lot of idiot on this thread has bn quoting me abi na me kidnap d chibok girls? Bt I have singled out a scape goat among this poo mentioning me.

how I wish i can like this your reply more than one time
Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by Cmanforall: 6:35pm On Oct 15, 2014
MissMeiya:

NYSC had no complaint anyway. It's the corpers involved who are "concerned" lol. What does NYSC care?
That's why I said the guy will go scotfree. As you pointed out, 'its the Corpers involved'. These corp members will soon disperse, just 2days from now and tha is it. The pressure on him reduced. And a corp member involved trying to pressurize because of abt 15k after service will be tiring, so, likely to give up. They'll just be abusing him. That's all.

1 Like

Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by Nobody: 7:09pm On Oct 15, 2014
MadCow1:

Explain your 'Federal Institution' point please..

CLO = Corper Laison Officer.. His/Her role is basically a 'go-between' or 'middle man' between anybody (government & private) and the corps members and vice-versa.

Why would they give the CLO such an amount?! Maybe because of the office he occupies..

Also.. Note that the money was a largess from the political parties and not an official entitlement (as in an entitlement like a salary)..

that's why it's not going to be an issue legally. The money was given to him as a gift no theft involve.
Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 15, 2014
Cmanforall:

What evidence did you need? Somebody that abscond from service, what about the clearance letter from the place he did his primary assignment, will they clear him for the fact that he abandoned his assignment, how will you issue him a certificate, and if he has no case to answer why did he abscond?

Its very unfortunate for him as young as he is to have carried out such act thinking that he is smart, this is an act of criminal and years to come it will be used against him, considering the fact that he seconded.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

NYSC B 15 Mobilization: General Complaints And Enquiries / A Northerner Advises Corpers Posted To South Not To Eat Meat / Lady Denied Her NYSC Certificate For Schooling In Benin Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.