Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,991 members, 7,821,456 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

I Don't See Myself As Having $150 Million Stacked Up Somewhere- Bishop Oyedepo - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Don't See Myself As Having $150 Million Stacked Up Somewhere- Bishop Oyedepo (800 Views)

My Experience With Fake Bishop Oyedepo On Facebook(snapshots) / Winners Chapel's Reply To Allegations On Bishop Oyedepo / Ayo Oritsejafor Admits Ownership Of Cash-stacked Jet Seized In SA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don't See Myself As Having $150 Million Stacked Up Somewhere- Bishop Oyedepo by robbh: 8:44am On Oct 14, 2014
Winners Chapel General overseer Bishop David Oyedepo who recently turned 60, has reacted to the Forbes List of World's Richest pastors where he was placed at No.1 with an estimated worth of about $150million.

When Asked about Forbes' estimate of his fortune, Bishop Oyedepo told Reuters that he hasn't seen himself as having $150 million stacked up somewhere
"For me, to have fortune means someone who has what he needs at any point in time. I don't see myself as having $150 million stacked up somewhere. Whatever way they found their figures, I am only able to say I am blessed by the Lord."
Asked if churches should pay tax considering how much they make, Bishop Oyedepo said;
"There is no single government input on this premises. We supply our water, we make our roads, then you ... say: 'Let's tax them'. For what?"

Source: http://www.stellagossip.com/2014/10/i-don-see-myself-as-having-150-million.html

Re: I Don't See Myself As Having $150 Million Stacked Up Somewhere- Bishop Oyedepo by PresidentT(m): 9:04am On Oct 14, 2014
This is a good topic for bookers.
Re: I Don't See Myself As Having $150 Million Stacked Up Somewhere- Bishop Oyedepo by Kx: 9:11am On Oct 14, 2014
Pastor to a sick man:" Bro, what is the problem"
Sick man responds: "Pastor, I am sick"
Pastor: " No, dont say that. Sickness is not your portion" Reject sickness and claim good health. Confess positive and confess that you are well IJN. That s how to speak faith"

Forbes to Rich Pastor: " Pastor, you are worth $150million"

Pastor to Forbes: " I dont see myself as having $150million stacked somewhere"

No comment
Re: I Don't See Myself As Having $150 Million Stacked Up Somewhere- Bishop Oyedepo by thehomer: 10:58am On Oct 14, 2014
robbh:

Winners Chapel General overseer Bishop David Oyedepo who recently turned 60, has reacted to the Forbes List of World's Richest pastors where he was placed at No.1 with an estimated worth of about $150million.

When Asked about Forbes' estimate of his fortune, Bishop Oyedepo told Reuters that he hasn't seen himself as having $150 million stacked up somewhere
"For me, to have fortune means someone who has what he needs at any point in time. I don't see myself as having $150 million stacked up somewhere. Whatever way they found their figures, I am only able to say I am blessed by the Lord."
Asked if churches should pay tax considering how much they make, Bishop Oyedepo said;
"There is no single government input on this premises. We supply our water, we make our roads, then you ... say: 'Let's tax them'. For what?"

Source: http://www.stellagossip.com/2014/10/i-don-see-myself-as-having-150-million.html

No one says it is the case that he has that money stacked up somewhere but they're saying that his assets are worth $150 million.
No government input? Is that how we decide whether or not something is to be taxed? He has begun speaking like the rich man in the parable of Lazarus and the rich man. How quickly he forgets Jesus' wise saying of giving to Caesar's what is Caesar's. Maybe he needs to educate himself on what taxes are and why they're supposed to be paid. People pay him tithes of 10% and he buys jets and builds businesses but doesn't think he needs to pay taxes. That is the classic thought pattern of the wealthy man.

1 Like

Re: I Don't See Myself As Having $150 Million Stacked Up Somewhere- Bishop Oyedepo by Nobody: 11:20am On Oct 14, 2014
thehomer:

No one says it is the case that he has that money stacked up somewhere but they're saying that his assets are worth $150 million.
No government input? Is that how we decide whether or not something is to be taxed? He has begun speaking like the rich man in the parable of Lazarus and the rich man. How quickly he forgets Jesus' wise saying of giving to Caesar's what is Caesar's. Maybe he needs to educate himself on what taxes are and why they're supposed to be paid. People pay him tithes of 10% and he buys jets and builds businesses but doesn't think he needs to pay taxes. That is the classic thought pattern of the wealthy man.

smiley. I really love this input. Quite objective and unbiased.

I would also add that his words only perpetuate this "hidden" doctrine amongst new generation churches that "poverty" is a cardinal sin. This is quite untrue.
One doesn't need to be Christian to see how twisted this doctrine and the damage it has done to the psyche of the average Nigerian Christian.
Re: I Don't See Myself As Having $150 Million Stacked Up Somewhere- Bishop Oyedepo by brocab: 11:51am On Oct 14, 2014
I agree that mega churches who own other bussiness, beside the church buildings should be taxed. The lord say's we need to obey the law of the land. Paying taxes is the law, and every labour pays taxes. We need to see this on a much larger scale, and read between the lines. Taxing the churches could and will close many of them down, but those mega churches who recieve tithes will be still standing, because many of the well knowing prosperity preachers had signed up with the pope' pushing for the one world religion. The lord said many are called, but few are choosing-many believers who belong to these false doctrine churches will be left behind. Already it has showing us' we are now in the endtimes' and the lord is standing' on our doors calling his people to come out of her. These mega Churches, are not preaching what the spirit is saying to his church.
thehomer:

(1) (Reply)

Mexican Drug Cartels Are Worse Than ISIL / Pastors, Priests Or Imam / The Origin Of Religion In My Opinion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.