Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,887 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Is Hostel/accomodation Fee Compulsory For Students In The Federal Universities? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is Hostel/accomodation Fee Compulsory For Students In The Federal Universities? (1526 Views)

FG Declares French Compulsory For All Students / Pictures From The Top 3 New Federal Universities / Third Class And 2.2 In Our Federal Universities. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Hostel/accomodation Fee Compulsory For Students In The Federal Universities? by Cosmosbet(m): 12:43pm On Oct 14, 2014
Hi guys, Good day.
I have a very serious problem and i believe its not just a personal issue but i think it affects everyone who is in my shoes right now.
I got admission(merit) after 3years of successful JAMB nd PUME experiences, into one of the federal universities here in the southEast, precisely Michael okpara university of agric.(MOUAU) to study an Engineering course. I've paid the acceptance fee of 15,000, did a few screening were i paid almost 4,000 in my college/department. In the next line of registration now, they re insisting i pay the school fees of #52,500 AND (compulsory) Hostel/accomodation fee of #60,000 before i can be regstered online. As it is now, i've managed to raise the said amount for school fees, i know how hard my parents had struggld to meet up with the fee. Sincerely, the hostel fee is like a barrier to my academic pursuit. Maybe its because the school doesnt have a stable SUG thats why they are imposing irrelevant levies even on old students.
Is paying for a hostel, whether u need it or not compulsory in any government owned university? If the answer is NO, why then is MOUAU different.
I've waited up to this time for this admission, and somebody somewhere out of his/her selfish interest is trying to deny me my right.
Who and where can i write to about this...
Re: Is Hostel/accomodation Fee Compulsory For Students In The Federal Universities? by Jaanito(f): 10:46am On Nov 21, 2014
Send this compliant to Sahara reporters.

(1) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan 2015/2016 Post- Utme Form/ Pre- Degree Form/ School Of Nurs / Final Year Project Topics And Materials In Quantity Surveying / Bed Bugs Invasion In University Of Uyo Hostels (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.