Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,382 members, 7,812,123 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:40 AM

How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project (17767 Views)

How Giving A Free Ebook Can Increase Your Affiliate Sales / Pls Help In Giving A Newbie Web Developer Some Small Project To Practices / Installer.php Giving A 404 Error (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by Clone2020(m): 1:38pm On Oct 19, 2014
OK I really need to read this cuz I'm in dire need of a very good website designer. I met one from NL who doesn't have an office and wants me pay half first. Also the website I want him to design is pretty advanced but he said he can do the job.
Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 19, 2014
We have a track record of always delivering as promised.
Get in touch with us.

How can some people want to pay 10k for two Ecommerce websites? It's not possible. It can't be done.
People want to eat and so they will collect your cash and do a bad job.

I have been contacted by some folks here to help them with stuff and then you realize people do not want to pay.
You charge a sensible amount for a good job that you are sure you will deliver and then they start beating it down or thinking you want to scam them.

I do the stuff in my signature and I don't take a job that I cannot do or that my partners cannot deliver.
I personally have a passion to deliver as promised. I am service oriented. I want people to get results for their money and that is my driving force.

If you give me a job that is technically beyond me then I can assure you that someone who is capable and will deliver a good job will be given the task.
If you cannot pay money please don't contact me.
Because I loose sleep over people's job and I am not happy until it is delivered. So pay good money and get a good job.

Let me give you people a tip:
You will get a very bad website with technical functionalities if the price is below 150k. This sort will not even have gateways, SSL etc.

Ecommerce websites run into millions. That's standard.

2 Likes

Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by henryobinna(m): 1:47pm On Oct 19, 2014
chai.. FP don dry till them move this topic come here cos no other one dey available
Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 19, 2014
moderatorr:

[7:23am, 10/14/2014] : Every other thing worked except for the major functions

ME: People can download beautiful online templates, tweak it a little and then host it as new websites for their clients. The beauty of a website does not reflect expertise these days, It is the functionality that you should be looking at.
Its the functionality that would reflect the experience of the programmer.

to the above, though i hv not read thru the comments, but this struck me
except for the major functions

my question is that what do you think might be the core function a web designer should have on his belts to be considered as such... shocked shocked shocked
Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by greenmouse(m): 2:03pm On Oct 19, 2014
We are one of the top most creative web design companies in Nigeria. Our client base cuts across all sectors of the economy and we have served small, medium and big brands in Nigeria since our inception. We believe in delivering projects within timeline and at top most web 3.0 standard and w3c code validation principles. - See more at: http://greenmousetech.com/about.html#sthash.HCNdO8cs.dpuf

Our sample jobs:

http://iamfreespirited.com/
http://www.yesresource.com/
http://vgcclub.com/
http://www.trimoss.com/
http://www.ascoht.edu.ng/
http://ashonng.org/
http://www.drcoptions.com/

Looking forward to hearing from you.

GREENMOUSE TECHNOLOGIES
Email: clientsupport@greenmousetech.com; info@greenmousetech.com
Mobile: +234-8177235762, +234-8063786241,

We are currently the best Web designers in Lagos,Nigeria, ask Google.
Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by payne4real(m): 2:12pm On Oct 19, 2014
josieboy55:

What u re getting is just d beginning , when u launch d project it wld be a total flop filled up with errors .

This is what u get when u give out projects to the lowest bidder .

When good developers charge u , you wld be complaining and shouting . tongue

What u re getting is just d beginning , when u launch d project it wld be a total flop filled up with errors .

When good developers charge u , you wld be complaining and shouting .

My project will be a success and you guy will see it, you will open your mouth and won't be able to close it. Because is going to blow your mind.

What you guys don't understand is relationship, it shouldn't be money money all the time.

The project is a big one no doubt. Me and my @onyengbu (developer) are partners ok.

Just watch out for the first crowd-speaking platform in Nigeria.

In the mean time we are fixing all the bugs. The major delay is Facebook approval. As soon as Facebook approves the app. I Will come back here and announce it here on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by onyengbu: 2:15pm On Oct 19, 2014
josieboy55:

When good developers charge u , you wld be complaining and shouting . tongue

When good developers charge u , you wld be complaining and shouting .

Are you one of the good developers you just talked about?
Can we see what you have done or at least hear from a nairalander who will say you did something great for them? I have at least three of them!

By the way, you sound like some else already posting on this thread, is there something we should know?

1 Like

Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by josieboy55(m): 2:19pm On Oct 19, 2014
onyengbu:

Are you one of the good developers you just talked about?
Can we see what you have done or at least hear from a nairalander who will say you did something great for them? I have at least three of them!

By the way, you sound like some else already posting on this thread, is there something we should know?

smh .

Testimonials of 10k paying clients . Lol
Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by josieboy55(m): 2:25pm On Oct 19, 2014
payne4real:

My project will be a success and you guy will see it, you will open your mouth and won't be able to close it. Because is going to blow your mind.

What you guys don't understand is relationship, it shouldn't be money money all the time.

The project is a big one no doubt. Me and my developer are partners ok.

Just watch out for the first crowd-speaking platform in Nigeria.

In the mean time we are fixing all the bugs. The major delay is Facebook approval. As soon as Facebook approves the app. I Will come back here and announce it here on Nairaland.

Crowd speaking platform in Nigeria you wld shut down after a month of launch due to lack of users , lol.

Why don't you do something better with your time , cos an idea like this cannot solve a pinch of problem in Nigeria . Lolzzzz
Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by onyengbu: 2:33pm On Oct 19, 2014
josieboy55:

smh .

Testimonials of 10k paying clients . Lol
Yes, exactly. 10k clients you call them but does it matter, unfortunately, no one can trust you with 5k here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by onyengbu: 2:37pm On Oct 19, 2014
josieboy55:

Crowd speaking platform in Nigeria you wld shut down after a month of launch due to lack of users , lol.

Why don't you do something better with your time , cos an idea like this cannot solve a pinch of problem in Nigeria . Lolzzzz
Are you a witch?
First it will shut down due to errors now it will shut down due to lack of users. Wetin come be your own.
Where is your own idea

Believe me, you sound like someone here. You sound very bitter.
Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by payne4real(m): 2:37pm On Oct 19, 2014
josieboy55:

I guess you don't understand what I mean by crowd-speaking. Use your second brain ok "Google"

Just wait and see ok! Let me say it again "The success of my project will blow your mind"

You think am a clueless guy that will come up with another copy and paste blog.

This is a unique niche and it's going to be a success.
Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by Isk(f): 2:38pm On Oct 19, 2014
I absolutely blame the clients. Always quick to jump at "good deals" without investigating the so called developer. When you offer a developer 5k and he/she jumps at the offer, no one needs to tell you to 'shine your eye'

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by josieboy55(m): 2:38pm On Oct 19, 2014
onyengbu:
Yes, exactly. 10k clients you call them but does it matter, unfortunately, no one can trust you with 5k here.

lolzz . yea they cnt cos i ain't a beggar or broke ass lyk u.

1 Like

Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by onyengbu: 2:42pm On Oct 19, 2014
josieboy55:

lolzz . yea they cnt cos i ain't a beggar or broke ass lyk u.
I accept I am broke. But a rich guy like you still cannot be trusted with 5k. Prove me wrong though.
Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by Vstuffs(m): 2:46pm On Oct 19, 2014
*trolling*
Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by sage2(m): 2:47pm On Oct 19, 2014
Clone2020:
OK I really need to read this cuz I'm in dire need of a very good website designer. I met one from NL who doesn't have an office and wants me pay half first. Also the website I want him to design is pretty advanced but he said he can do the job.

You can PM me on this one. I don't come cheap though. We should be looking at $700 minimum. Drop your WhatsApp and I will get in touch.
Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by josieboy55(m): 2:48pm On Oct 19, 2014
onyengbu:

I accept I am broke. But a rich guy like you still cannot be trusted with 5k. Prove me wrong though.

5k cnt even service my car , neither cn it fuel my car for a week . so y shld som1 trust me wit such ridiculous amount .

Take my advice ,stop those 5k , 10k jobs nd start enjoying ur life . i dont do too many projects , but a single project can take care of my needs for 4 - 6 months .

1 Like

Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by onyengbu: 2:52pm On Oct 19, 2014
josieboy55:

5k cnt even service my car , neither cn it fuel my car for a week . so y shld som1 trust me wit such ridiculous amount .

Take my advice ,stop those 5k , 10k jobs nd start enjoying ur life . i dont do too many projects , but a single project can take care of my needs for 4 - 6 months .
oh really, you have a car! Praise God!

From my checks, it appears, not only do you not do many jobs, you dont even get any jobs at all.

1 Like

Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by onyengbu: 2:56pm On Oct 19, 2014
Vstuffs:
Laughing my ass off...two old MEN...fighting over one small problem....
abi oo. grin That thing tire even me sef.
Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by josieboy55(m): 2:57pm On Oct 19, 2014
onyengbu:

From my checks, it appears, not only do you not do many jobs, you dont even get any jobs at all.

lolzz. u re just a frustrated fool .

u shld be thinking of hw to fix d bugs on ur so called client's website , nt running ur mouth here . i.e if u even knw hw to code.

Error on line 27 ..... lolzzzzz

1 Like

Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by adewasco2k(m): 3:00pm On Oct 19, 2014
sage2:

You can PM me on this one. I don't come cheap though. We should be looking at $700 minimum. Drop your WhatsApp and I will get in touch.
this is how to spot them, you dont know what he wants yet but you are giving prices.

that shows desperation and good developers aint despirate

3 Likes

Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by Vstuffs(m): 3:00pm On Oct 19, 2014
*Run out of thread*
Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by Homguy(m): 3:00pm On Oct 19, 2014
onyengbu:
of all the people who has read or has been commenting, i know you are attempting a jibe at me after all you and I have been through on the other thread. The client knows it too. Your problem is that you cant see that your badly thought out mudslinging will only end up ruining what is left of the little reputation you have on this board. My exposing your petty lie on the other thread shouldnt have been a big issue if werent more than a lier. Come on, you told a simple lie people tell sometimes to make themselves feel good about themselves. However, your actions since my little exposé is somewhat alarming. From modifying your posts to cooking up half truths on this thread tells me you might be more than a petty lier.
Your senseles vendatta thread will only end up denting your image further rather than achieve the aim of creating it.
To break it to you, you claimed you dont do less than 100k job but I do sometimes. This particular one is done, the owner has said something too if you need the link before he launches, request it from him here. The link is not mine to give.

My only advice to you is to let this your vendatta thing go or your evil machinations will consume you.
dude, after reading you and moderator's posts, am hard-pressed to say, you had no need to post on this thread. Op didn't mention your name or give any hint as to the identities of those involved. He did set out to educate and that's why I clicked the thread. If you felt Op was refering to you,twould have been better you PMed him. Besides, client never got back to Op to update him with the completion of the project. So relax pal, its a small world.

1 Like

Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by josieboy55(m): 3:00pm On Oct 19, 2014
onyengbu:

hell yea i do ve a car , am nt a church rat lyk ur fada or u in person.
Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by onyengbu: 3:02pm On Oct 19, 2014
josieboy55:

lolzz. u re just a frustrated fool .

u shld be thinking of hw to fix d bugs on ur so called client's website , nt running ur mouth here . i.e if u even knw hw to code.

Error on line 27 ..... lolzzzzz
Maybe you are the one finally chosen to share the link since you know the 'so called website'
Please share it!
By way, how did you get the url if you are not who I think you are. ****Reason why I always trust my instinct****
Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by josieboy55(m): 3:06pm On Oct 19, 2014
onyengbu:

Maybe you are the one finally chosen to share the link since you know the 'so called website'
Please share it!
By way, how did you get the url if you are not who I think you are. ****Reason why I always trust my instinct****

lollzzz nd who do u think i am fool
Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by onyengbu: 3:08pm On Oct 19, 2014
josieboy55:

hell yea i do ve a car , am nt a church rat lyk ur fada or u in person.
You modified it?!!!!!!!!!
I knew it!!!!!!!

Only 'him' goes about typing and editing. I was fast enough to quote you.

Meanwhile stop bringing my father into this. He is long dead. You dont wanna be messing with a dead guy too, will you?
Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by Homguy(m): 3:14pm On Oct 19, 2014
If this joiseboy is who it seems he is, I'll be so dissappointed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Will Create A Professional Blog For You / LOL Screenshot Of Old Yahoo Portal / How To Make Facebook Phishing Page With Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.