Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,600 members, 7,823,609 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Benz Celebrates G-wagon's 35th Anniversary As Gunther Finishes A 26yr World Tour - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Benz Celebrates G-wagon's 35th Anniversary As Gunther Finishes A 26yr World Tour (1063 Views)

Help! Am In Love With G-wagon. Only The Latest Model Will Do. / Is This The Ugliest G-wagon G550 / Picture Of G-wagon Being Used For 'kabu Kabu' In Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benz Celebrates G-wagon's 35th Anniversary As Gunther Finishes A 26yr World Tour by Immune1(m): 8:49am On Oct 15, 2014
So much rave has surrounded this remarkable German machine as it hits a tremendous milestone of undiluted class and ruggedness. Mercedes-Benz is celebrating the 35th anniversary of the rugged G-Class wagon with a limited-edition model dubbed 35 Edition. The unveiling of this new stunner comes just a few days after Gunther Holtorf –a former manager at Lufthansa-wrapped up his world-wide adventure which began in 1988 with the same G-Wagon and the same engine which reads 890,000km. This feat will go down in history as his vehicle will be displayed in the Mercedes-Benz Museum in Stuttgart.

According to leftlanenews.com, 2014 35 Edition G-wagon will be offered exclusively in black, white or gray with gloss black bumpers on both ends, blacked out headlights and five-spoke 18-inch alloy wheels. Also, all models will come.

Other mouthwatering features will include a four-spoke AMG sport multi-function steering wheel, black Nappa leather on seats (also on door panels and the dashboard), Mercedes COMAND infotainment system and a standard Chrome Package.

Options for what you can get under the hood are the 3.0-liter diesel-burning V6 G350 BlueTEC which churns out 211 horsepower and 398 lb-ft. of torque or the more powerful G500 which packs a 5.5-liter V8 tuned powerhouse with top speed of 255km/hr capable of producing 387 hp and 390 lb-ft. torque. The diesel powered V6 engine is mated to a seven-speed automatic transmission and is capable of hitting 100km/hr in 9.1seconds.

The G350 BlueTEC will cost €101,031 (approximately $130,000) and the G500 will retail for €112,812 (roughly $145,000).

http://autobaseafrica.com/benz-celebrates-35th-anniversary-of-the-g-wagon-as-gunther-holtorf-completes-a-26year-world-tour-with-the-same-g-wagon/

Re: Benz Celebrates G-wagon's 35th Anniversary As Gunther Finishes A 26yr World Tour by oblo(m): 7:32pm On Oct 16, 2014
When we say German machines are the best some go dey throw used oil ..i dey come..

.m....
Re: Benz Celebrates G-wagon's 35th Anniversary As Gunther Finishes A 26yr World Tour by BE811APP: 10:00pm On Oct 16, 2014
Congratz to them...
Re: Benz Celebrates G-wagon's 35th Anniversary As Gunther Finishes A 26yr World Tour by Immune1(m): 1:05pm On Oct 17, 2014
oblo:
When we say German machines are the best some go dey throw used oil ..i dey come..

.m....
you can say that again and again.

(1) (Reply)

Pls...am In A Cross-roads / Nigeria's 1st Auto Race Track To Be Built In 2017! / Help, I Can't Obtain My Vehicle History Report Even With My Vin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.