Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,617 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:38 AM

University Of Abuja: Boring? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Abuja: Boring? (8887 Views)

5 Boring Departments In Nigerian Universities / University Of Abuja(uniabuja) 2015/2016 News Updates / University Of Abuja Distance Learning Admission List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

University Of Abuja: Boring? by Kave(m): 6:09pm On Aug 02, 2006
Whenever I pass by it while travelling to Abuja, it's always looking so dry and scanty. I mean, compared to UNILAG, UNIBEN, and OOU.

Is anyone on Nairaland in that boring looking school?
Re: University Of Abuja: Boring? by iice(f): 6:43pm On Aug 02, 2006
Is this UniGwags? If it is, it's boring coz its outside the main ABJ, Gwags na dry place abi village masef and it takes time b4 u get in2 abuja proper if u wan take trip out of school cheesy
Re: University Of Abuja: Boring? by Badman888(m): 7:17pm On Aug 02, 2006
yah there is not much life there like Uniben, Unilag and the rest even if it was in the main Abuja town it wont be as bubling, Abuju is just a place with men wearing Abuja with fat bank account.
Re: University Of Abuja: Boring? by iice(f): 7:21pm On Aug 02, 2006
LOL fat bank accounts hehehe, Abj is not sooo dry sha
Re: University Of Abuja: Boring? by clocky(m): 8:11pm On Aug 02, 2006
how u know iice
Re: University Of Abuja: Boring? by iice(f): 7:21am On Aug 04, 2006
LOL because i lived there for a brief time. I guess you just have to knw how to catch fun. We usually go hangout at the place called FairWings. And when its late in the morning, we race down the roads of abuja. Hehehe.
Re: University Of Abuja: Boring? by flyKUDE(m): 3:16pm On Aug 04, 2006
men,i stay in abuja and have been to that school lots of times.it is to me just a glorified secondary school.i know soon they'll start flogging them,conduct assemblies,sing the national anthem,and match to class. grin
Re: University Of Abuja: Boring? by iice(f): 3:18pm On Aug 04, 2006
Ouch that bad eh
Re: University Of Abuja: Boring? by Busta(f): 8:38pm On Aug 04, 2006
flyKUDE:

men,i stay in abuja and have been to that school lots of times.it is to me just a glorified secondary school.i know soon they'll start flogging them,conduct assemblies,sing the national anthem,and match to class. grin
Thats Harsh!!
Re: University Of Abuja: Boring? by waleleader(m): 12:45am On Aug 05, 2006
OMG, what the **** are you guys talking about? @ Kave, You need to find facts before u start blabbing on this forum. What you see when you pass Abuja is not the school campus but the staff quarters and the new site where there are no students at all. I guess you're a JJC that came to Abuja for the first time.

i was in Gwags for years and never even visited that staff quarters.The main University is deep inside Gwagwalada Phase 1/2.

@iice, have you been to Unibuja before? who told you it is boring. Only few nigerian universities can rock like gwags!
enough parties, enough money and enough chics. Gwags is 30 mins from Abuja town so we organised bare parties in town.

@flyKUDE, see your mouth like crayfish own. Calling one of the poshest university in Nigeria a glorified secondary school, is that what Daddy told you it is? You take a trip to Gwags and see fire for yourself. Which UNi in Nigeria will you find all the kids of senators, ministers and Rich folks as compared to Gwags. Abi you want make i call names of ex-classmates for you.

if it is a secondary school, how come it is one of the few Universities in Nigeria that are recognised by all British Universities including University of London. even Uniabuja diploma is direct admission out here.

@badman88, i go vex for you. Unilag is not more bubbly than Gwags, i lived around Unilag in Lagos and they stll respect abuja in terms of parties and spending money. PSquare which is one of the greatest artiste in Nigeria now, were they not in Uniabuja 2 years ago! Perfoming at Open air theatre, VERDICT club and other shows in school.

1 Like

Re: University Of Abuja: Boring? by waleleader(m): 12:49am On Aug 05, 2006
@flyKUDE, come to think of it, you said youve been to the campus a lot of times undecided

Maybe ur'e one of those folks who came for admission and never got it

if i am wrong, then tell us what you go there to do and the peeps you hang with
Re: University Of Abuja: Boring? by iice(f): 7:39am On Aug 05, 2006
Yes walellead, i have been to unigwags before but that was a long time ago, so am sure its nothing like how i remember it. And people have told me its boring but then again that might have changed. grin
Re: University Of Abuja: Boring? by alheri(f): 9:28am On Aug 07, 2006
Thank you wale. Infact when I saw this thread last week I didnt want to trade words with this children so I just ignored their comments. Thanks for setting things straight.

And I really doubt if this flyKUDE guy ever stayed in Abuja except if he just moved there recently cos everything he's saying about gwags is BS!
Re: University Of Abuja: Boring? by waleleader(m): 10:54am On Aug 07, 2006
i just couldnt stand back and let them say things about my alma mater like that, especially when they are false.

i am still waiting for the loser to post any other comments
Re: University Of Abuja: Boring? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Aug 07, 2006
what im i hearing??
, common guys! university of abuja is like the hottest school i know
where you passed while travelling is just a road in gwagwalada and perharps the old staff quarters, NOT THE SCHOOL its more of 2.6 km from the school and i hope u know the permanent site is coming out soon as the BOMB!!!!
im a proud public and international law student of that school and let me give u some data about the school!
the school has 11 friendship and interactive clubs,121 secondary school alumni, 45 church fellowships, 8 muslim societies, hundreds of associations and clubs. talking about intresting, my school produces the number 1 gossip society in africa "world gossip taxi". the school has alot of estates and housing terrains in its environs(phase 1,2,3,blue roof,red roof,green roof,grey roof,angle 90,kurgan estate,student villa, o mi god , too many)
boring is far from my school o,when ure coming please bring a cam-coder coz u'll be filled fun and excitement and pls be "well" and like yourself coz oppression is also part of the game,what do u expect, its abuja for god sake
! we range from crysller rydes to hummer and at least hallas but that doesnt mean that 43% of the school students dont fly bikes!
to hit u well,a club called "jeanjaroos" has the fattest bank account of all clubs with 21 milliuon naira. their last party invitation card was a 500 naira note!
the everyday drama in the school is inevitable.from public slaps to disgracefull toastings, and desperate moves.
awards,parties,hangouts galores from different groups.tripps to dome (a club)in town and the rest!

fashion is another thing! hot hot hot hot hot hot!!!!!!!!!
pradas,louis vuitton,gucci,dolce and gabbana's ,banana republics,fendi,chanel,malono blanics,thomas pinks, kc jabari,dakova's,uomo,momo,next,gap, are are plenty as air.everywhere u turn ur head a designer logo hits you!
thousands of educational and summer trips to obudu cattlle ranch,ghana,egypt,southafrica,bayelsa state and even florida in usa.

local restaurants like obana,magama,channel o,choice etc are still of little note.
we just conducted the law week with our dinner in international conference center and after party at the dome
we jjust had our all star awards too
not to talk of our naija carnival,jean carnival,carnival for christ and all

is uniabuja still boring
by the way call it uni-g,g-town,gwags,g-ladder"ever climbing",unibuja,budija,uni gwaja, and many more, this is just a crumble from the tip of the ice berg
wait till we get our permasnent site!
Re: University Of Abuja: Boring? by waleleader(m): 5:55pm On Aug 07, 2006
ariba, u be correct guy.

tell me more about the campus gossip papers, ive really missed them.
you remind me of the korrekt Magama restaurant. that is the place to be. what about that cybercafe next to Bank of the North where you can enjoy nice barbecue? is it still there?

and of course,G-lada clubs are obviously the biggest and richest in the country.
Re: University Of Abuja: Boring? by makanaki: 2:07pm On Aug 08, 2006
uniabuja is cream,u only think its boring becos its in the north but i tell you authoritatively that gwagz happenz
coz i ve been there done that.peace fellas
Re: University Of Abuja: Boring? by makanaki: 2:10pm On Aug 08, 2006
wale and ariba i feel u hommies dont mind ice he doesnt know wat gwan grin
Re: University Of Abuja: Boring? by iice(f): 2:52pm On Aug 08, 2006
@makanaki, abeg before you open your mouth call my name, read my posts very well nonsense hissssssssssssssss angry angry
Re: University Of Abuja: Boring? by waleleader(m): 2:56pm On Aug 08, 2006
@iice, sorry about that. i gues he was aiming at Flykude.
Re: University Of Abuja: Boring? by makanaki: 3:12pm On Aug 08, 2006
wale thanks for answering ice for me.ice no be fight i missed the names it waz actually for the other guy.cheers
Re: University Of Abuja: Boring? by iice(f): 3:15pm On Aug 08, 2006
Dont worri makanaki, walelead cleared the air up cheesy
Re: University Of Abuja: Boring? by waleleader(m): 3:18pm On Aug 08, 2006
typical of me really, clearing up the air.
Re: University Of Abuja: Boring? by alheri(f): 9:36am On Aug 10, 2006
yes, Mr. Air Clearer. grin grin grin heehee
Re: University Of Abuja: Boring? by momoney1(m): 8:05am On Aug 12, 2006
i love u guys telling good about ur country and schools that's xactly how it is in Afrika and some other part of the world. when u are reaping 4rm a source it's good n when not,

if am called 2 rep. my school I'll just do Dsame, like me i attended uniport and who will tell me uniport does not groove.

I've been 2 Gwag 2wice and mpressed(thou not 2 much) but with the good things my kid sis told me about d main site and D rich kids around D environ(Abuja), soon the school will B a place for every teen 2 disrespect their parents 4.

meanwhile, by me that school is not boring[RATE: 1 2 3, (6) 7 8 9 10]
Re: University Of Abuja: Boring? by momoney1(m): 8:24am On Aug 12, 2006
i 2 dey rush, i no even c wetin waleread and ariba drop b4 i comment. waleread u are a good representative, and auditor/investigator ariba do u take roll call in d school or a general course-rep. or dad d VC or d owners of unigwag? ariba u 2 much 2 know all those things u mention abee na ur gs course or after u grad. u go secure job there, just joking
Re: University Of Abuja: Boring? by scsgal(f): 2:00pm On Aug 12, 2006
nawaooooooooo, some people can be really funny, how can someone just jump into conclusion without knowing the fact?
how can some one call a fellow school a glorified secondary school, it really baffels me and make me to laugh.
if it's the same school uniabuja then we have to take a secon look

asfar as am concernd that school is a school to be, if u don't have money u can be in that school, student pay upto 200thousands naria or more just to get accomodation, of campus my dear i most let u know i finish from that school and it was really fun while it lasted, it's school for the rich. u can mingle with the rich and get connected to the right people in the society, school that all the big men children are, my dear if i continue to mention the will be no more space to contain it

so my advice is for those amebo people is i too to watch out before conclusion
Re: University Of Abuja: Boring? by sallie(f): 7:40pm On Aug 12, 2006
my guy ur right am a 300L law student there and i agree with u, my school is quite boring if u were to compare with unilag and co. but dnt blame us considering the size of the mini campus and all dat most times theres really not much happening except in town that is hope things wud change as soon as we move to the permanent site, sad
Re: University Of Abuja: Boring? by Remmzy(m): 4:01am On Aug 14, 2006
sallie:

my guy your right am a 300L law student there and i agree with u, my school is quite boring if u were to compare with unilag and co. but dnt blame us considering the size of the mini campus and all that most times theres really not much happening except in town that is hope things would change as soon as we move to the permanent site, sad
O pari, case closed, av got nothing to add. abi? cool
Re: University Of Abuja: Boring? by Oracle(m): 9:01am On Aug 14, 2006
Well itz great to know
though i have no intention of going to the school, but itz good if i can know the boring and happening unversities in nigeria
Re: University Of Abuja: Boring? by ladykool(f): 11:35pm On Aug 24, 2006
one of my pal goes to unilag and its cool man its rocking but i heard they have banned them from wearing sexy clothes anyway! but uni abuja or watever is boring really really boring from wat i heard
Re: University Of Abuja: Boring? by 2old4that(m): 6:39pm On Aug 26, 2006
@kave
how come u pass uniabuj wheneva u're coming to abuja when the school is not even on the expressway except for the staff quarter and new site(under construction).

And how come u know the school is boring while u're passing.

maybe u should stop exaggerating issues u dont know.

(1) (2) (Reply)

OOU Wins Justice Umezulike National Law Debate Competition / Apply For Seplat Energy Undergraduate Scholarships. Nigerians Only / Who Is To Be Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths:parents Or Teachers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.