Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,035 members, 7,814,530 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

OOU Wins Justice Umezulike National Law Debate Competition - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OOU Wins Justice Umezulike National Law Debate Competition (8647 Views)

Kaduna Team Representing Nigeria Wins World Schools Debate Competition / Nigeria Defeats USA To Qualify For Final Of International Debate Competition. / "I Didn't Get Admitted To OOU Because I Am Too Beautiful" - Young Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

OOU Wins Justice Umezulike National Law Debate Competition by Salewa97: 2:45am On Jul 10, 2023
Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU), Ago Iwoye, Ogun State, has emerged the winner of the Hon. Justice Innocent Umezulike National Law Debate Competition 2023. The competition had four stages keenly contested by undergraduate law students from over 20 law faculties across the country. The winners received a combined N350,000 cash prize, award plaques, certificates of excellence and law books.

The national debate is for law students across accredited law faculties in Nigeria. Its purpose is to promote excellent legal education, research, critical thinking and advocacy for upcoming lawyers, arming them with choice skills needed for a successful career in law/legal practice. Additionally, the debate themes, topics, arguments and outcomes serve as outlets for intellectual reasoning, advocacy and activism by young minds creating awareness on topical issues of national relevance with the aim of providing insight into its solutions.

The final round was between OOU (Team Diamond) and University of Nigeria, Enugu Campus (UNEC) (Team Beryl) with OOU represented by Wuraola Okuneye and Runsewe Oluwakemi emerging as the winner and UNEC represented by Ugochukwu Precious Nmesonma and Eze Nwakaego Ogochukwu emerging as the 1st runner up. Ogochukwu of UNEC emerged as the Best Speaker in the competition.

The first part of the award presentation was recently held in the OOU Law Faculty boardroom. In attendance was the Vice Chancellor, Prof. Johnson Agboola Ayodeji; the Dean, Faculty of Law, Dr. Gbade Akinrimade, some other distinguished lecturers and administrative staff of the Faculty, the awardees, their team and select students. Also present was the Foundation’s Associate Head of Legal and Research, Ruth Soronnadi.

The 2nd part of the award presentation held at UNEC was attended by the Dean, Prof. Ifeoma Enemo; the Sub Dean, Dr. Helen Agu, the Faculty Officer, the student awardees and their team members.

The Vice Chancellor of OOU, the Faculty Deans, lecturers and the student awardees expressed their gratitude to the foundation for supporting legal education and excellent legal research.

On her part, Sorannadi expressed her gratitude to all who partnered with the foundation to ensure the success of the debate competition. She particularly appreciated Wola Joseph, a lawyer, for sponsoring the 1st Runner Up Cash prize award.

The Co-chairs of the foundation, Dr. Cynthia Chisom Umezulike and Dr. Victor Azubike Umezulike, noted that it remains committed to advancing excellent legal education and research, saying that was what their late father, Justice Innocent Azubuike Umezulike, a Professor of Land and Property Law with over 25 published books as well as the longest serving Chief Justice in the South East, was known for in his lifetime and the legacy he has left behind.

Source: https://guardian.ng/saturday-magazine/oou-wins-justice-umezulike-national-law-debate-competition/

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: OOU Wins Justice Umezulike National Law Debate Competition by Otuegbe: 3:49am On Jul 10, 2023
how are they going to share this 200k now?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OOU Wins Justice Umezulike National Law Debate Competition by VenExchangee: 4:17am On Jul 10, 2023
Congratulations to them

1 Like

Re: OOU Wins Justice Umezulike National Law Debate Competition by toneroforever(m): 4:21am On Jul 10, 2023
Congrats
Re: OOU Wins Justice Umezulike National Law Debate Competition by crossfm: 7:04am On Jul 10, 2023
Great news.

I see people rushing here to turn this beautiful thread to a tribal war,but my question to all these jobless people is,

What do you gain from spreading hate and nepotism?.

Jobless tribalists please stay away from this thread,let the people with brain celebrate these wonderful guys from various institution's.

Congratulations to all the winners.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: OOU Wins Justice Umezulike National Law Debate Competition by tobtap: 10:16am On Jul 10, 2023
Great IFE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OOU Wins Justice Umezulike National Law Debate Competition by Femisode: 10:16am On Jul 10, 2023
Congrats

1 Like

Re: OOU Wins Justice Umezulike National Law Debate Competition by ideatoprince18(m): 10:17am On Jul 10, 2023
May the OOU Wins Justice Umezulike National Law Debate Competition favor me and my family

8 Likes

Re: OOU Wins Justice Umezulike National Law Debate Competition by sogodihno: 10:17am On Jul 10, 2023
A
Re: OOU Wins Justice Umezulike National Law Debate Competition by atobs4real(m): 10:17am On Jul 10, 2023
Well represented by different tribe.
Not the yeast with their yeastern people alone
Re: OOU Wins Justice Umezulike National Law Debate Competition by Jsucre(m): 10:17am On Jul 10, 2023
tobtap:
Great IFE
what are you saying bayi undecided

23 Likes

Re: OOU Wins Justice Umezulike National Law Debate Competition by ybalogs(m): 10:17am On Jul 10, 2023
SANs in the making. Kudos
Re: OOU Wins Justice Umezulike National Law Debate Competition by CodeTemplar: 10:18am On Jul 10, 2023
Yahoo boys campus. OOU

3 Likes

Re: OOU Wins Justice Umezulike National Law Debate Competition by seunlayi(m): 10:18am On Jul 10, 2023
Good news at last
Re: OOU Wins Justice Umezulike National Law Debate Competition by duro4chang(m): 10:18am On Jul 10, 2023
Omolubi. Yoruba lagba. Yoruba ni baba won

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: OOU Wins Justice Umezulike National Law Debate Competition by KingOfTheDamned: 10:18am On Jul 10, 2023
I didn't know OOU has a good law college I always thought Uniben had the best law college in Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OOU Wins Justice Umezulike National Law Debate Competition by meolaniyi(m): 10:19am On Jul 10, 2023
I can't imagine that! Who are the judges. Yoruba winning Igbo in an academic competition? An aberration. Under free and fair completion. A Yoruba team can never, ever, win an Igbo team in anything competition

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: OOU Wins Justice Umezulike National Law Debate Competition by Charmingrascal(m): 10:19am On Jul 10, 2023
350k?

1 Like

Re: OOU Wins Justice Umezulike National Law Debate Competition by Emmaxx: 10:19am On Jul 10, 2023
Good one
Re: OOU Wins Justice Umezulike National Law Debate Competition by theophorus(m): 10:20am On Jul 10, 2023
Congratulations to OOU and the representative.

6 Likes

Re: OOU Wins Justice Umezulike National Law Debate Competition by AntiChristian: 10:20am On Jul 10, 2023
grin
Re: OOU Wins Justice Umezulike National Law Debate Competition by 4ollyJob(m): 10:20am On Jul 10, 2023
CodeTemplar:
Yahoo boys campus. OOU
grin
Re: OOU Wins Justice Umezulike National Law Debate Competition by Boyooosa(m): 10:21am On Jul 10, 2023
E be like say this mmesonma name is the next deal in the east education sector
Re: OOU Wins Justice Umezulike National Law Debate Competition by Fiscus105(m): 10:21am On Jul 10, 2023
Otuegbe:
how are they going to share this 200k now?

Is amount of money more important or recognition?

Have u ever for once, thought about "selfless thing you can do,for the benefit of humanity?

Meanwhile, I will give u insight into how to spend the money.

They should use the entire money to stock their departmental library and write bodily the name of set that got the books. This will serve as inspiration for others behind them.

8 Likes

Re: OOU Wins Justice Umezulike National Law Debate Competition by Femiwilli: 10:21am On Jul 10, 2023
You rearly hear of the north winning anything,
yet they occupy most good jobs

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: OOU Wins Justice Umezulike National Law Debate Competition by updatechange(m): 10:22am On Jul 10, 2023
Congrats to them

1 Like

Re: OOU Wins Justice Umezulike National Law Debate Competition by hyperflex(m): 10:22am On Jul 10, 2023
My school. I remember when this mutha was a shithole of cultism violence and prostitution in the 2000s. Glad to see us doing better today.

7 Likes

Re: OOU Wins Justice Umezulike National Law Debate Competition by BarrElChapo(m): 10:24am On Jul 10, 2023
Nice.
Re: OOU Wins Justice Umezulike National Law Debate Competition by BluntCrazeMan: 10:24am On Jul 10, 2023
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

End Time: SEE What A Futa Student Posted After Raping 2 Girls Forced / What Have You Improved On Before ASUU Called Off Strike? / Direct Entry Into Unilag College Of Medicine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.