Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,437 members, 7,853,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 07:03 AM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (196) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (703738 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 10:30pm On Apr 01, 2016
Icon4s:

Season dey end May. wink

That means say em hope done finish be that. grin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 10:31pm On Apr 01, 2016
forgiveness:

Moses Odubanjo played for England U20 in 2015 Toulon Tournament and two friendlies.
I am talking of real senior duties.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 10:32pm On Apr 01, 2016
forgiveness:

That means say em hope done finish be that. grin

grin grin grin

This man u are too funny.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:34pm On Apr 01, 2016
Dream Team’s Amuzie out for nine months
August 13, 2015

Italian club Sampdoria has confirmed that Dream Team VI defender, Stanley Amuzie, ruptured his cruciate ligament in a CAF Championship qualifier in Congo and will be out for nine months.

Initial scans in Abuja revealed that the talented wingback, who is in Super Eagles coach Sunday Oliseh’s immediate plans, damaged his cruciate ligament by the time he was pulled out of the second leg qualifier against Congo in Pointe Noire, africanFootball.com reports.

The injury forced him to be replaced by Chima Akas after only 25 minutes of action.

“Sampdoria has confirmed initial findings that Amuzie ruptured his cruciate ligament, it’s a similar injury a player like Osaze (Odemwingie) suffered last season at Stoke City,” a top official told africanFootball.com

“As a result of this, the player will be out for a minimum of nine months, which will include his rehabilitation after surgery.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/dream-teams-amuzie-out-for-nine-months/
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 10:35pm On Apr 01, 2016
Icon4s:

I am talking of real senior duties.

How did Shehu Abdullahi get to play for the senior team?

You said international but you change gear to senior duties.

If na so, I will remove Ndidi from the defence and add Shehu Abdullahi but believe me, i don't thrust his game. I will rather go for Musa Mohammed or Kingsley Ehizibue.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 10:36pm On Apr 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
Dream Team’s Amuzie out for nine months
August 13, 2015

Italian club Sampdoria has confirmed that Dream Team VI defender, Stanley Amuzie, ruptured his cruciate ligament in a CAF Championship qualifier in Congo and will be out for nine months.

Initial scans in Abuja revealed that the talented wingback, who is in Super Eagles coach Sunday Oliseh’s immediate plans, damaged his cruciate ligament by the time he was pulled out of the second leg qualifier against Congo in Pointe Noire, africanFootball.com reports.

The injury forced him to be replaced by Chima Akas after only 25 minutes of action.

“Sampdoria has confirmed initial findings that Amuzie ruptured his cruciate ligament, it’s a similar injury a player like Osaze (Odemwingie) suffered last season at Stoke City,” a top official told africanFootball.com

“As a result of this, the player will be out for a minimum of nine months, which will include his rehabilitation after surgery.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/dream-teams-amuzie-out-for-nine-months/

Husshh. I thought this was a new development. grin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:37pm On Apr 01, 2016
From the report, Amuzie was already in Coach Oliseh's plans. Some believed he would have started in the game against Tanzania.

He was not a player picked based on sentiments as the media made it look.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:39pm On Apr 01, 2016
Icon4s:

No O!!! Please, I am just posting history.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 10:41pm On Apr 01, 2016
forgiveness:

A

Do you know since when Shehu has been a senior international? He featured prominently in the 2014 CHAN during Keshi. He was one of our best players in that tourney.

That guy has a lot of senior team experience o. Aftera all u cited experience and versatility as ur criteria. Shehu can play RB, DMF and CMF.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 10:44pm On Apr 01, 2016
Icon4s:

grin grin grin

This man u are too funny.

I no lie na. grin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 10:44pm On Apr 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

No O!!! Please, I am just posting history.

Thank God that was history. I almost screamed again!!! before i saw d date d article was written.

Amuzie is a good player bro, dnt get me wrong. Bt I feel Kingsley Madu is a more settled and attack minded LB.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 10:46pm On Apr 01, 2016
Icon4s:

grin market no go sell for here. grin

Siasia will disappoint with his selection.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:46pm On Apr 01, 2016
From reports, Amuzie played almost all the qualifiers for the U23 African Championship. He missed the competition because of the injury and he would have been the ideal left back for the team.

So the boy is not just a low quality player. He has some rep that led him to the spot in Egypt. I see him as the one to play that position at Rio because he has Coach Siasia's trust.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 10:47pm On Apr 01, 2016
forgiveness:

If na so, I will remove Ndidi from the defence and add Shehu Abdullahi but believe me, i don't thrust his game. I will rather go for Musa Mohammed or Kingsley Ehizibue.

Why should u remove Ndidi from d defense for Abdullahi? Both are utility players and every coach would want to have such players in his team.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 10:47pm On Apr 01, 2016
Icon4s:

Do you know since when Shehu has been a senior international? He featured prominently in the 2014 CHAN during Keshi. He was one of our best players in that tourney.

That guy has a lot of senior team experience o. Aftera all u cited experience and versatility as ur criteria. Shehu can play RB, DMF and CMF.

I see. Then i will have to see him again and hope Siasia give them fair trial.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 10:49pm On Apr 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
From reports, Amuzie played almost all the qualifiers for the U23 African Championship. He missed the competition because of the injury and he would have been the ideal left back for the team.

So the boy is not just a low quality player. He has some rep that led him to the spot in Egypt. I see him as the one to play that position at Rio because he has Coach Siasia's trust.

".....because he has the coaches trust" u said.I rest my case based on that.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:49pm On Apr 01, 2016
Icon4s:

Thank God that was history. I almost screamed again!!! before i saw d date d article was written.

Amuzie is a good player bro, dnt get me wrong. Bt I feel Kingsley Madu is a more settled and attack minded LB.

Unfortunately, I have not watched much of Madu to give my assessment. From reports I have read, he is good quality but others also rate Amuzie.

I hope I get to watch Madu soon. Then I can ascertain.

I feel Coach Siasia trust Amuzie's talent and I pray he recuperates fast.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 10:50pm On Apr 01, 2016
forgiveness:

I see. Then i will have to see him again and hope Siasia give them fair trial.

Now u are talking.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:52pm On Apr 01, 2016
Icon4s:

".....because he has the coaches trust" u said.I rest my case based on that.

At the end, it all boils down to the coach's choice. Always. The Coach goes into training with the player and selects who he prefers.

Remember Evra and Heinze at Manchester United. They were both quality but Evra had Ferguson's trust and got the nod until Heinze left to Real Madrid.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 10:54pm On Apr 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Unfortunately, I have not watched much of Madu to give my assessment. From reports I have read, he is good quality but others also rate Madu.

I hope I get to watch Madu soon. Then I can ascertain.

I feel Coach Siasia trust Amuzie's talent and I pray he recuperates fast.

Didn't u watch him play against Chad and an earlier game both under Keshi?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:56pm On Apr 01, 2016
Icon4s:

Didn't u watch him play against Chad and an earlier game both under Keshi?

Was that Madu on the left? I watched that tourney and he was impressive. One of the few players that impressed me.

If that is Madu then he was solid.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 10:57pm On Apr 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

At the end, it all boils down to the coach's choice. Always. The Coach goes into training with the player and selects who he prefers.

Remember Evra and Heinze at Manchester United. They were both quality but Evra had Ferguson's trust and got the nod until Heinze left to Real Madrid.

Jst like d choice of Ighalo ahead of Iheanacho.

Bro, letme tell u. I dnt trust Siasia's would b selections for Rio. U notice he already has some of his boys in the team. That will nt give room for fairness.I fear we may nt take d best to Rio.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 10:58pm On Apr 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Was that Madu on the left? I watched that tourney and he was impressive. One of the few players that impressed me.

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 11:00pm On Apr 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Kingsley Madu was the guy. Very solid attacking defender. U remember he took several shots on target? Reminiscênce of Taiye Taiwo.

Go and rewatch dat game if u find it.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:02pm On Apr 01, 2016
Icon4s:

Jst like d choice of Ighalo ahead of Iheanacho.

Bro, letme tell u. I dnt trust Siasia's would b selections for Rio. U notice he already has some of his boys in the team. That will nt give room for fairness.I fear we may nt take d best to Rio.

Which Coach does not have boys? It is part of the game. Something I have grown to accept. See Demichelis at Man City, while talented lads like Denayer and Adarabioyo are looking for a chance to prove themselves at City.

See Guardiola with Busquets, neglecting Yaya Toure and Seydou Keita.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:06pm On Apr 01, 2016
Icon4s:

Kingsley Madu was the guy. Very solid attacking defender. U remember he took several shots on target? Reminiscênce of Taiye Taiwo.

I want to check him out. I remember, we expected Benjamin Francis who played against Italy to play that role but Benjamin Francis injured. I remember thinking it was a disaster for us but Manu's solid performance filled that void.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 11:08pm On Apr 01, 2016
Icon4s:

Why should u remove Ndidi from d defense for Abdullahi? Both are utility players and every coach would want to have such players in his team.

Because you said this earlier.

Icon4s:

Firstly it is Omeruo nt Omerue.

I like ur criteria of Versatility and experience. I agree with 4 out of ur 5 defenders. Bt I would rather include Ndidi as a DMF and get an additional Wing back. Ndidi as a DMF on d list would also serve as a back up CB.

I said 4/5 bc Shehu Abdullahi to me is ahead of Moses Odubajo.

Kingsley Madu is currently Nigéria's best LB.

The experience btw Omeruo and Balogun makes them a very good pair.

For now, my best starting backline is Abdullahi, Balogun, Omeruo, Madu.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 11:14pm On Apr 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I want to check him out. I remember, we expected Benjamin Francis who played against Italy to play that role but Benjamin Francis injured. I remember thinking it was a disaster for us but Manu's solid performance filled that void.

Bros, i no go lie, Madu is better than Amuzie for now.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 11:17pm On Apr 01, 2016
forgiveness:

Because you said this earlier.

No. I said, Ndidi would b a DMF and an additional Wing Back, asides Madu and Abdullahi, b introduced to still make it 5 defenders.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 11:21pm On Apr 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

U got it. U now find more reasons to criticise Siasia's Nig vs Egy list of invited players. Amuzie i believe took Kingsley Madu's place.

Kingsley Madu is far better than Elderson Echiejile already.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 11:22pm On Apr 01, 2016
forgiveness:

Bros, i no go lie, Madu is better than Amuzie for now.

No doubt.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:24pm On Apr 01, 2016
Icon4s:

Just watched his highlights, just to get a feel of what he is about. I must say the boy is good. He is skillful, a very good crosser and a good long ball Passer.

One thing I noticed is that the clip did not show much of his defence. So it is difficult to judge him on that aspect.

The few clips of his defending shows he more efficient intercepts and Knicks the ball off the opposing winger's foot.

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.