Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,909 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (200) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (697806 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:05am On Apr 03, 2016
Even with an Ajagun on your list, he won't start ahead of Iwobi. #fact #smiles

Note: Don't even think it's because he got another MOTM award in the EPL that makes me say so.
Nope..... It's rather based on his all-round AMF attributes/abilities which I've always harped on whenever I saw him in cup games before his Full UCL debut against Barca (was his second UCL app. Following his debut against Bayern) #smiles

And uhmm.... You also put Etebo on your list of 5 midfielders.... Remember? #smiles
So who are the novice-players you refer to? (I'm innocently asking #CrossMyHeart)

And for the records, Abdul-Jaleel Ajagun is a player I really like and rate. So don't get it twisted.

**See you guys at night again** Happy Sunday Y'all..... #smiles

forgiveness:

Atleast, for the world to see and judge. So, that they will know he is far ahead of Mathew and Etebor whom some suggest to be on the list.

If Onazi is not picked then we are going to the Olympics just to have fun. We saw what happened at the U20 world cup when met stiff oppositions our midfield collapsed and we were dominated through out.

We need a better and experience midfielders and not the novice paraded on this forum. Mikel Obi is surely not on my list.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 3:14am On Apr 03, 2016
Icon4s:

Wilfred Ndidi also plays CB. I am nt ruling Awuziem out I am only saying his chances are slim. I know a coach like Siasia would rather have Segun Oduduwa in that team than Awaziem.

The Kingsley Madu that some of us have mentioned is our best LB has never even beem part of Siasia's plans. He was nt in d Egypt games neither was he also in d Brazil friendly.
Siasia might jst take Amuzie to Rio and drop Madu.

I dnt know Siasia's plans abt Omeruo bc he has never said amything abt him.

Isaac Success is to me one of the most ignored talents we have today. U saw how Manu benched him for a less fancied Awoniyi at the WYC. Since then no U23 invite, no Super Eagles invite.

Moses Simon has nt yet featured in any of Siasia's games. I wont b suprised if he choses Stanley Dimgba and Godwin Savior as his preferred wingers.

I am jst waiting for that controversial final 18 man list.

Nigeria VS Egypt (2017 AFCON Qualifiers).

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 3:33am On Apr 03, 2016

Is some one on night duty @ c.........gringrin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 3:49am On Apr 03, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
For real, Pellegrini needs deliverance. We have a Champions League fixture midweek, we are three goals up at half time. Why not rest Aguero and give Iheanacho a forty-five minutes run.

Iheanacho only gets to play for ten minutes.

Pellegreedy doesn't rate Iheanacho as high as we do. We saw this coming, we complained earlier on, on this thread. Some of us maintained silence just to be in the good books and probably because we lack the energy for prolonged debate.

Am happy we are coming closer to the reality. The man needs some stroke of the cane to see and think well.

He [Pellegreedy] has made Rashford and Iwobi to still the show and make headlines at the expense of Nacho.

Cc: terzurum5

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by confun: 3:50am On Apr 03, 2016
BlackAlbino6:

Is some one on night duty @ c.........gringrin

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 3:59am On Apr 03, 2016
forgiveness:
Midfielders; this is the most important part of any successful team in the world. So, i will select players based on their utility, talent and experience. I will choose only 5 midfielders.

1) Ogenyi-onazi; He is the most experienced and versatile among the lots. We saw what happened at the world cup when he was substituted, the midfield collapsed immediately and the French had their way. He can play as CM, DMF, AM and RB. With the Lazio man in the midfield, be rest assured he will dominate the middle of the park. He is 23 years. Overaged

2) Alex Iwobi; This lad had his breakthrough this season with Arsenal and he has been a revelation. He is a sure banker to lead the attacking midfielder. Iwobi can also play as a winger. He is 19 years.

3) Azubuike Okechukwu; He was the enginee of the 23 winning team and he was rewarded with the best player of the tournament. However, he's playing regularly for his team in the second tier of Turkish league. He is a DMF and can as well play CM. He is 19 years.

[b][s]4) Abdul Ajagun; Without any contradiction, he is the most experienced and versatile player behind Onazi in the midfield. A winner of NPFL with Dolphins_F.C 2010/2011, winner of Africa under 20 Champion in 2011 and third place in 2013. Participated twice in the U20 World Cup and once in the U17 where he helped to reach the finals in 2009. He scored 12 goals in his 22 appearance for the U20. Later moved to UEFA Champions League finalist and second most Successful club in Superleague Panathinaikos-fc where he helped the club to place second twice behind Olympiacos_F.C(UEFA Champions League last 16 for 6 years) 2013/2014 and 2014/2015 and finally single handedly won the Greece cup in 2013/2014. He has played in the UEFA Champions League in 2015/2016. Ajagun is a natural attacking midfielder who can play as a CMF, RW or LW. He is currently on loan to Levadiakos-fc where he plays regularly as an AM. The team he left in the second position has dropped points and placed third in the Superleague. He is 23 years.[/s][/b]

5) Etebor Ogehnekaro; He was very outstanding during the Olympics qualifiers. He plays in the NPFL and he is currently CAF most promising talent of the year. Plays as an attacking midfielder, second striker, striker and CMF. He is 20 years.

I decided to pick 2 natural attacking midfielder, 2 natural defensive midfielders and a central midfielder.

Yawa go gas. grin

Why spend so much energy on Ajagun? Abin get no be property. gringrin

No Michael Olaitan on your list?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 4:12am On Apr 03, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Hey!!! Bia Nwokem!!! Eh Egbon! Did you enter my library or what??

This is the closest list to mine. The only differences are Oghenekaro Etebo for Ifeanyi Matthew and that "last attack spot" is put as Awoniyi/Imoh Ezekiel/Sadiq Umar/Chikatara in my list.

Ajayi don't stand a chance in my list.

And just like yours, I also put Ndidi as a Midfielder in mine even though he could stand in for any of the Centrebacks also.

This list is wow!!! And is 99.8% exactly mine which I crafted in my alone time two days ago but is yet to show online.

But I have my fears shaa.... My fear is Siasia might not go with several stellar talents on this list.

I hope he proves me wrong.

That is why TheGoodJoe was asking to know if you leaked the research work to terzurum5, now its chrisooblog.

Hmmmmm it seems to me, this your research has got no adequate security. I suspect the gate man/Lab assistant. He can't be trusted. I therefore, recommend his sack ASAP. gringrin

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 4:18am On Apr 03, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
So Sir Forgiveness.... What about your attack? Can't wait to see it.... #smiles

I'm only sure of one name though. *winks*

Wish Siasia sees this thread and check out the various lines of thoughts. We've already done some thinking for him to be honest..... In terms of team selection. But hey! It's his call anyway.... Just hopes he gives us the best.... A squad far far better than the AFCON U-23 Squad... I really hope.

This is where my fear for Rio lies..... In Siasia's final 18 man-squad.

Just pray Siasia does not Keshi his list. gringrin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:20am On Apr 03, 2016
Hahahahahahahaha....... Sir BlackAlbino6, nna eh..... No be small thing ooo..... #smiles

But Johnson is clean. There's a special bonus info attached to every research I conduct. So if they leak, the "special" Info leak also..... Hahahahaha.... But mehn, Sir Chrisooblog was just "right on the money" like say he dey beside me when I compose my own. Na wa oooo....... Hahahaha...

But uhmm.... Sir Terzurum5 "confirmed" that he received nothing from me.

Sirs Terzurum5 and Chrisooblog are pretty good analysts and researchers too so it won't be out of place to have us produce similar results even when working in isolation. #smiles

Truth is, even in the science world, it's super possible to have two or more researchers produce similar results without having an initial or any knowledge of the other's works.

So make una well done oooo.... grin

BlackAlbino6:

That is why TheGoodJoe was asking to know if you leaked the research work to terzurum5, now its chrisooblog.

Hmmmmm it seems to me, this your research has got no adequate security. I suspect the gate man/Lab assistant. He can't be trusted. I therefore, recommend his sack ASAP. gringrin

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:23am On Apr 03, 2016
Haba naaa!!!! Hahahahahaha.... So "Keshi" don become noun for "sentiments-laden and merit-less list"

Chaiiii.... See wetin Keshi's last days as SE boss don cause now.

BlackAlbino6:

Just pray Siasia does not Keshi his list. gringrin

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:56am On Apr 03, 2016
BlackAlbino6:

Pellegreedy doesn't rate Iheanacho as high as we do. We saw this coming, we complained earlier on, on this thread. Some of us maintained silence just to be in the good books and probably because we lack the energy for prolonged debate.

Am happy we are coming closer to the reality. The man needs some stroke of the cane to see and think well.

He [Pellegreedy] has made Rashford and Iwobi to still the show and make headlines at the expense of Nacho.

Cc: terzurum5

I do not think it is about rating. It is the opposite. Pellegrini does not want him to shine to much. Maybe he does not want the success to get into Iheanacho's head or he does not want Iheanacho making his stars look weak.

As long as the boy is working hard in training, no beef.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 6:53am On Apr 03, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Haba naaa!!!! Hahahahahaha.... So "Keshi" don become noun for "sentiments-laden and merit-less list"

Chaiiii.... See wetin Keshi's last days as SE boss don cause now.

Verb Sir
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:34am On Apr 03, 2016
Yeah... Verb in the context of "Keshi the list".... #smiles....

But noun in what I had in mind like: "This list is a keshi" (sentiments-laden and meritless).

This is unfair ooo..... Kontinu... Eyes dey watch.

grin

BlackAlbino6:

Verb Sir

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by chrisooblog: 1:46pm On Apr 03, 2016
Thanks supernerd like they say great minds think alike grin I had compiled my list before I remembered etebo. Like your list I will put him in place of I. Matthew. On onazi he hasn't had a great season plus Siasia not playing him in Alexandria speaks volumes.

Una dey mind bros forgivess? Small time him go do 50 slide power point presentation to justify solanke's inclusion.

Black albino na corporate espionage supernerd commit take enter my lab come borrow my list grin

4 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by justiz5(m): 2:02pm On Apr 03, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Alampasu Happy To Be Back, Target More Feirense Action
[/size]

By Johnny Edward:

CD Feirense goalkeeper, Dele Alampasu, feels he is back to his best after fully recovering from an acute appendicitis which kept him out of action for three weeks, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.

Alampasu who was on the bench as his Portuguese Segunda Liga side forced Olhanense to a goalless draw on Saturday, told Completesportsnigeria.com he hopes to make his league debut before the end of the season.

"To be in the first team here, you have to be at your highest level and you have to understand that and appreciate that. I’m just trying to maintain my best form," Alampasu told Completesportsnigeria.com.

"I pray my debut comes before the end of the season. Now I'm feeling good about my form now and all I need to do is work harder."

"I feel I'm in a place where I should be and it's a level I want to keep."

CD Feirense are currently sixth on the log five points off the automatic spot for promotion and the former U-17 and U20 goalkeeper isn't giving up.

"We still have eight games to play, so we still have a large chunk of points to play for. I'm hopeful we can make it to the Primera division," Alampasu enthused.

Alampasu has kept three clean sheets for CD Feirense in League Cup, the highlight being his performance against FC Porto.
www.completesportsnigeria.com/alampasu-happy-back-target-feirense-action/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 2:10pm On Apr 03, 2016
chrisooblog:
Thanks supernerd like they say great minds think alike grin I had compiled my list before I remembered etebo. Like your list I will put him in place of I. Matthew. On onazi he hasn't had a great season plus Siasia not playing him in Alexandria speaks volumes.

Una dey mind bros forgivess? Small time him go do 50 slide power point presentation to justify solanke's inclusion.

Black albino na corporate espionage supernerd commit take enter my lab come borrow my list grin

gringrin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 2:13pm On Apr 03, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
NO EUROPE RUSH FOR NIGERIA LEAGUE TOP SCORER
[/size]

Godwin Obaje of Wikki Tourist who is one of the top scorer in the Nigeria Professional Football League says he is not in a hurry to move to Europe after the experience he had at Slovak side AS Trencin.

Obaje presently has five goals from the 8 games he has played in the Nigeria Professional Football League for Wikki Tourist leading to speculations he might be leaving soon for a team outside the shores of Nigeria like he did last season.

However the 19 year old has moved quickly to deny such reports insisting he is focus on doing well for the Bauchi based team and help them to secure a continental ticket at the end of the season.

“I won’t rule out a move to Europe but am not in a rush, I had a not too good experience in Slovakia with AS Trencin and I guess it was because I rushed it, have learnt from it” He told Owngoalnigeria.com.

“Am fully focus on helping Wikki Tourist secure a continental ticket and only a sure deal in the summer will see me leave for Europe”.

Younger brother to former Nigeria B team forward Joshua Obaje who also played for Black Leopards of South Africa and Aso Chlef of Algeria recently trained with the Nigeria team ahead of their AFCON 2017 game against Egypt but was shockingly dropped for Europe based players who failed to make the match day squad.
owngoalnigeria.com/2016/04/03/no-europe-rush-for-nigeria-league-top-scorer/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by AIG07: 3:16pm On Apr 03, 2016
chrisooblog:

"50 slides powerpoint presentation?" you no go kill person with laughter.

Don't mind him...Sir Forgiveness is always funny. He will soon call for the inclusion of Olarenwaju Kayode in d 18man-list.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 3:47pm On Apr 03, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
@bolded.... Hmm.... Could Mikel feature in Siasia's plans? Time will tell.....

Will Siasia consider Onazi?? We'll see.... But I don't think so. Besides we got fine talents in Onazi's role @U-23 level.

On my "unseen" list of Siasia's likely 18 that involves 3 overaged players (I have a second list that involves only U-23 players in the final 18), I put Mikel/Onazi in midfield displacing one U-23 player.

But then I told myself this: Siasia just might not consider Onazi.... Why? Well, I just wonder why Onazi never featured ahead of Etebo in Alexandria. So I'm not too hopeful on that (Siasia including Onazi).

If Onazi eventually makes it.... Great!!! If he doesn't, well Siasia would have proved me right.

Even Mikel isn't sure of being one of the two or three overaged Siasia takes to Rio. In 2008, Siasia only took one overaged in Osaze.

Anyway, it's all up to Siasia to decide which "overaged" he wants.
May he choose well and wisely.......

Is there any player as good as Onazi @U23 level? Maybe i not aware. Pls, kindly tell me.

If Siasia does not pick any of them then let us forget about winning anything in that Olympic.

The Under 23 teams are not bringing unknown players to the Olympics. They will be coming with their best U23 teams. Players playing regularly for top teams in top European leagues.

We should not expect work over because we won it before and came second the last time we participated.

As you said, it is all up Siasia to decide.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 4:02pm On Apr 03, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Today you mean? #smiles

You are right. #dozing then
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 4:27pm On Apr 03, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Even with an Ajagun on your list, he won't start ahead of Iwobi. #fact #smiles

Note: Don't even think it's because he got another MOTM award in the EPL that makes me say so.
Nope..... It's rather based on his all-round AMF attributes/abilities which I've always harped on whenever I saw him in cup games before his Full UCL debut against Barca (was his second UCL app. Following his debut against Bayern) #smiles

And uhmm.... You also put Etebo on your list of 5 midfielders.... Remember? #smiles
So who are the novice-players you refer to? (I'm innocently asking #CrossMyHeart)

And for the records, Abdul-Jaleel Ajagun is a player I really like and rate. So don't get it twisted.

**See you guys at night again** Happy Sunday Y'all..... #smiles

Your assertion may be based on Iwobi's performance lately and i agree to some extent. However, Ajagun is more versatile than Iwobi and formation will determine who get the nod from the coach to be the starter in every matches.

Etebo Oghenekaro, I Mathew, Usman Mohammed, Obinna Nwobodo, Azubuike Okechukwu etc are all novice when it comes to club and international football but i included Etebor and Okechukwu on my list because they single handedly helped us to qualify for the Olympics. That's all.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 5:04pm On Apr 03, 2016
BlackAlbino6:

Why spend so much energy on Ajagun? Abin get no be property. gringrin

No Michael Olaitan on your list?

Hahahaa! You 4 carry all the blue crayon wey dey dis world take clear all the record wey dey for soccerway, Wikipedia, google, goal.com etc before i go take you serious. grin

Let it be known that no amount of blue ink can erase the records Ajagun had set, is setting and will continue to set. grin

Playing 28 matches for Panathinaikos-fc and helping them to place 2nd with just 12 points behind Olympiacos_F.C in the 2014/2015 season to you na abin get? grin

Playing in the 2015/2016 UEFA Champions League for panathinaikos-fc and playing 12 matches with 2 goals for Panathinaikos-fc this season before he was loaned out in January 2016 na abin get for ya eyes? grin

Continue. But show me who bin get wetin Ajagun get before we go further.

Is it I. Mathew, Usman Mohammed, Azubuike Okechukwu, Obinna Nwobodo, Etebor Ogehnekaro etc? hehehe! I yaff grin

Olaitan is not a midfielder na. Although, he was but not any more.

He is now a winger or striker.

Check the date of pincture below. grin

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 5:30pm On Apr 03, 2016
chrisooblog:

Yes, it speaks volumes of Siasia's coaching deficiency to have left out Onazi for Etebor Ogehnekaro and Azubuike Okechukwu. Hehehe! Wetin be the results?

Well, he will be known as the coach who failed woefully to qualify the Super Eagles to the AFCON twice and sacked twice. Na who lose? grin

Even with Onazi one leg, he's still far better than Azubuike Okechukwu and Etebor Ogehnekaro. Abi i lie?

Hehehe! Atleast, i go still fit do 50 slide power point presentation for Solanke but for some na 0. grin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 5:41pm On Apr 03, 2016
AIG07:

"50 slides powerpoint presentation?" you no go kill person with laughter.

Don't mind him...Sir Forgiveness is always funny. He will soon call for the inclusion of Olarenwaju Kayode in d 18man-list.

Haba! Point to the players that doesn't deserve to be on my list.

If sentiment is put aside, i don't think there is any striker banging in goals like Kayode Olanrewaju @ U23 level. He scored 13 goals last season in the isreali top league and 11 goals in the Austria league this season.

The boy deserves a trial.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 7:16pm On Apr 03, 2016
Another 90 minutes for Ndidi in Genk's 1:0 loss.

This young man has played almost every minute this season for one of the top teams in Belgium. Not many Nigerian players can boast of this, even those in lower leagues.

Another 90 minutes for Otigba too.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:48pm On Apr 03, 2016
tbaba1234:
Another 90 minutes for Ndidi in Genk's 1:0 loss.

This young man has played almost every minute this season for one of the top teams in Belgium. Not many Nigerian players can boast of this, even those in lower leagues.

Another 90 minutes for Otigba too.

What i call i top league is one that the coach can easily watch. It makes it easier for the coach to strategize when he can actually switch on the television and watch the player. Minus PSG, Belgium and France are not that far apart. Nigeria is getting back to the level that our players are visible in top leagues and that is great news.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 7:52pm On Apr 03, 2016
forgiveness:

[s]Hahahaa! You 4 carry all the blue crayon wey dey dis world take clear all the record wey dey for soccerway, Wikipedia, google, goal.com etc before i go take you serious.[/s] grin

Let it be known that no amount of blue ink can erase the records Ajagun had set, is setting and will continue to set. grin

Playing 28 matches for Panathinaikos-fc and helping them to place 2nd with just 12 points behind Olympiacos_F.C in the 2014/2015 season to you na abin get? grin

Playing in the 2015/2015 UEFA Champions League for panathinaikos-fc and playing 12 matches with 2 goals for Panathinaikos-fc this season before he was loaned out in January 2016 na abin get for ya eyes? grin

Continue. But show me who bin get wetin Ajagun get before we go further.

Is it I. Mathew, Usman Mohammed, Azubuike Okechukwu, Obinna Nwobodo, Etebor Ogehnekaro etc? hehehe! I yaff grin

Olaitan is not a midfielder na. Although, he was but not any more.

He is now a winger or striker.

Check the date of pincture below. grin

You wan make TheGoodJoe ban me ba gringrin

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 8:41pm On Apr 03, 2016
BlackAlbino6:

You wan make TheGoodJoe ban me ba gringrin

grin

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 11:27pm On Apr 03, 2016
After painstackinly selecting the Defenders and midfielders. I will now proceed to selecting the attackers

1) Isaac Success; This is the second season of the Granada star in the Spanish laliga and he has not disappointed with 5 goals and 1 assist this season.
Success will be joining Watford FC for the start of the 2016/17 season. He can play anywhere across the front line. He is 20 years old.

2) Kelechi Iheanacho; This is his first season in professional club football. However, he proved his worth when giving the chance to play. He has 9 goals and some assist to his credit. Plays as a RW, Second striker and Striker. He is 19 years old.

3) Moses Simon; He was a revelation last season with Genk who he helped to win the league for the first time in their history. These season he has garnered more experience by playing and scoring in the Champions League. No doubt, he deserves to make the list. Primarily plays as a left winger, and can as well play as a Striker or second striker. He will be 21 years of age this year.

4) Ezekiel Imoh; Ezekiel Imoh wealth of experience can't be dismissed. Having scored 47 goals in the last 4 seasons in one of the Top 10 European leagues in the world and even went to score in the Europa League this season. He can play as a Striker, Rw and second striker. He is 22 years of age

5) Dominic Solanke; He came to limelight last season with the Chelsea youth team when he helped them to win the FA Youth Cup and UEFA youth league. He even became the top scorer of the UEFA youth league tournament with 12 goals, and because of these, Chelsea rewarded him by promoting him to the first team at the age of 17 and later featured him in last year UEFA Champions League last season making him the youngest debutant for Chelsea in the UEFA Champions League. In his first season in the Eredivisie, he scored 7 goals even though he was out due to injury for 3 month.
Although Solanke prefers playing as a striker, he can also play as a winger on either side and as an attacking midfielder. He is only, 18 years old.

Final list

Goalkeepers
Emmanuel Daniel
Dele Alampasu

Defenders
Leon Balogun
Kenneth Omerue
Moses Odubanjo
William Troost-Ekong (Ndidi or Awaziem)
Kingsley Madu
Stanley Amuzie (Ekpolo Elohor or Musa Mohammed)

Midfielders
Ogenyi-onazi
Abdul Ajagun
Alex Iwobi
Azubuike Okechukwu
Etebor Ogehnekaro

Attackers
Isaac Success
Kelechi Iheanach
Moses Simon
Ezekiel Imoh
Dominic Solanke

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 11:56pm On Apr 03, 2016
forgiveness:
After painstackinly selecting the Defenders and midfielders. I will now proceed to selecting the attackers

Final list

Goalkeepers
Emmanuel Daniel
Dele Alampasu

Defenders
Leon Balogun
Kenneth Omerue
Moses Odubanjo
Kingsley Madu

Midfielders
Ogenyi-onazi
Abdul Ajagun
Alex Iwobi
Azubuike Okechukwu
Etebor Ogehnekaro

Attackers
Isaac Success
Kelechi Iheanach
Moses Simon
Ezekiel Imoh
Dominic Solanke

Strong list but i do not think Odubanjo should be ahead of Ndidi or Awaziem.

What has Ajagun done this season? A player is only as good as his form.

Ndidi should replace Onazi. Onazi hardly gets games these days.

The attack is very solid.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 12:14am On Apr 04, 2016
tbaba1234:

Strong list but i do not think Odubanjo should be ahead of Ndidi or Awaziem.

What has Ajagun done this season? A player is only as good as his form.

Ndidi should replace Onazi. Onazi hardly gets games these days.

The attack is very solid.

Moses Odubanjo doesn't play in the same position with Ndidi and Awaziem. He is a RB but the other two can both play as CB and DMF.

Ajagun has played 12 league matches and scored 2 goals for panathinaikos-fc this season before he was sent on loan in January. And as soon as he got to his new club, he has made them a prospect for next season Europa League.

Hmm! I have seen both played before and i can tell you Onazi is more efficient and mobile than Ndidi in the midfield. Although, he hardly gets play time this season but he has seen 613 minutes of football in the league this season minus Coppaitalia and Europa League. If you add it together, he must have seen a least 1000 minutes of soccer this season.

Thanks. The attack is surely our strength.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:35am On Apr 04, 2016
I love your attack list. I knew Solanke will make it but hey, this is solid. Solanke, Success, Simon (the triple S) plus Iheanacho and Imoh Ezekiel........ I'll say "EXPLOSION" is the word... grin

Not bad Sir Forgiveness....... Good to know we got some fine strong mix of options in our attack no matter who makes it in the end (among the really good ones).

On the final list of 18 as summarised by you, all I gotta say is the whole squad of 18 is generally strong but I have a few reservations here and there..... but on the whole, it's a pretty solid squad.

Good morning..... catch y'all later #smiles

forgiveness:

1) Isaac Success; This is the second season of the Granada star in the Spanish laliga and he has not disappointed with 5 goals and 1 assist this season.
Success will be joining Watford FC for the start of the 2016/17 season. He can play anywhere across the front line. He is 20 years old.

2) Kelechi Iheanacho; This is his first season in professional club football. However, he proved his worth when giving the chance to play. He has 9 goals and some assist to his credit. Plays as a RW, Second striker and Striker. He is 19 years old.

3) Moses Simon; He was a revelation last season with Genk who he helped to win the league for the first time in their history. These season he has garnered more experience by playing and scoring in the Champions League. No doubt, he deserves to make the list. Primarily plays as a left winger, and can as well play as a Striker or second striker. He will be 21 years of age this year.

4) Ezekiel Imoh; Ezekiel Imoh wealth of experience can't be dismissed. Having scored 47 goals in the last 4 seasons in one of the Top 10 European leagues in the world and even went to score in the Europa League this season. He can play as a Striker, Rw and second striker. He is 22 years of age

5) Dominic Solanke; He came to limelight last season with the Chelsea youth team when he helped them to win the FA Youth Cup and UEFA youth league. He even became the top scorer of the UEFA youth league tournament with 12 goals, and because of these, Chelsea rewarded him by promoting him to the first team at the age of 17 and later featured him in last year UEFA Champions League last season making him the youngest debutant for Chelsea in the UEFA Champions League. In his first season in the Eredivisie, he scored 7 goals even though he was out due to injury for 3 month.
Although Solanke prefers playing as a striker, he can also play as a winger on either side and as an attacking midfielder. He is only years old.

Final list

Goalkeepers
Emmanuel Daniel
Dele Alampasu

Defenders
Leon Balogun
Kenneth Omerue
Moses Odubanjo
Kingsley Madu

Midfielders
Ogenyi-onazi
Abdul Ajagun
Alex Iwobi
Azubuike Okechukwu
Etebor Ogehnekaro

Attackers
Isaac Success
Kelechi Iheanach
Moses Simon
Ezekiel Imoh
Dominic Solanke

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.