Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,062 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (245) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (697887 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:03pm On May 29, 2016
tbaba1234:

All these reports from Allnigeriansports should be taken with a grain of salt. The one about him not knowing Osede is not true.

Yet, Derik pledged his future to Nigeria since last year. Coach Siasia should have invited the young man for one of the games.

Even when he released his Super Eagles list and put some of his Olympic boys. By now Coach Siasia should have had a better understanding of the lad.

I hope he knows the guy. If Coach Siasia does not know him then our screening was not thorough.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:09pm On May 29, 2016
It had better not be true.... I also don't take certain news from ANS seriously.

I wonder who they are dragging "first-to-news" with?

Even Complete Sports Nigeria is starting to mess up. I have already identified up to two or three very false news with Them in the past two months. Haba!!

The Goal article about Siasia saying he hasn't named his overaged trio was a response to a news carried by Complete Sports of all news sites.

Some of these sites are gradually losing credibility in my eyes.

tbaba1234:

All these reports from Allnigeriansports should be taken with a grain of salt. The one about him not knowing Osede is not true.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 8:12pm On May 29, 2016
tbaba1234:

That could be true. I have noticed one negative style of investigative journalism with All Nigeria Soccer. The post fake side of a story so as to provoke the player(s) or Coach(es) involved to come out to clear the air to enable them affirm the true state of events.

This same style was used by Completesports to insinuate the possible overage players picked by Coach Samson Siasia which he expectedly denied.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 8:14pm On May 29, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Yet, Derik pledged his future to Nigeria since last year. Coach Siasia should have invited the young man for one of the games.

Even when he released his Super Eagles list and put some of his Olympic boys. By now Coach Siasia should have had a better understanding of the lad.

I hope he knows the guy. If Coach Siasia does not know him then our screening was not thorough.

Pledging your future to Nigeria does not guarantee invitation. Ask Otigba.

Even players like Iheanacho, Ndidi and Success have not featured for under 23. Let's hope they are in the plans.

One of the guys that scouts for Nigeria visited Osede just days before Siasia added Osede to the list. He might not know him personally but there has been contact with Nigeria. Siasia is aware of him.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:19pm On May 29, 2016
tbaba1234:

Pledging your future to Nigeria does not guarantee invitation. Ask Otigba.

Even players like Iheanacho, Ndidi and Success have not featured for under 23. Let's hope they are in the plans.

One of the guys that scouts for Nigeria visited Osede just days before Siasia added Osede to the list. He might not know him personally but there has been contact with Nigeria. Siasia is aware of him.

Still, Coach Siasia has little time before the tournament. I wonder when he will try Derik. I am talking in respect of Derik's technical background.

He is someone Coach Siasia should have known by now.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 8:21pm On May 29, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Junior Ajayi, Osaguona Ighodaro Score For North African Clubs
[/size]

Nigeria U23 international Junior Ajayi was on target for CS Sfaxien who beat Club Africain 3-2 at the Stade Olympique de Radès on Sunday in the Tunisian Ligue 1.

The visitors struck first in the ninth minute through Mahmoud Ben Salah before Junior Ajayi doubled the advantage 14 minutes before the intermission.

CS Sfaxien, who pay the wages of Dream Team stars Sokari and Ajayi, face Zarzis next, before playing Kasserine in their final game of the season on Saturday, June 11.

Elsewhere, Super Eagles striker Osaguona Ighodaro scored a first-half brace to help his team Raja Casablanca beat Hassania Agadir 5-1 in the Moroccan Botola Pro.

After a dismal start to the season, Raja currently occupy the third position in the standings having garnered 47 points.
Igho Kingsley
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19228
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 8:25pm On May 29, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Still, Coach Siasia has little time before the tournament. I wonder when he will try Derik. I am talking in respect of Derik's technical background.

He is someone Coach Siasia should have known by now.

The Brazil friendly was the chance to start bringing in players like Ndidi and Success. Especially as they were not included in the super eagles team.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:31pm On May 29, 2016
tbaba1234:

The Brazil friendly was the chance to start bringing in players like Ndidi and Success. Especially as they were not included in the super eagles team.

I feel the screening is not thorough. The journalist talking to Coach Siasia should enquire if this list for the Suwon tourney contains most of his final Olympics team players.

I do not see why Iheanacho should be playing friendly games when we are preparing for the Olympics. This is a misplaced priority.

The Super Eagles has no major tournament coming up and the Olympics is a big deal. This tournament list should contain most of the final players for the Olympics. It seems we are still miles from being ready.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 8:45pm On May 29, 2016
What are we saying about Elohor Godswill Ekpolo.

[b][size=14pt]
Barcelona Defender Get Dream Team Call-up
Biyi Akangbe 7 months ago Dream Team, News
[/size]

Dream Team VI coach, Samson Siasia, has invited Barcelona defender Elohor Godswill Ekpolo and Tottenham Hotspur loanee Nathan Oduwa to camp ahead of the Africa U-23 Nations Cup which begins in Senegal next month.

This is not the first time the former Nantes forward has handed a call-up to Ekpolo as he was supposed to run the rule over the stopper last December but the player could not attend the get-together because he was recovering from injury.

“After the All Africa Games in Congo, I noticed some departments of the team that needed to be worked on, ” Samson Siasia told thenff.com.

“So I decided to extend my dragnet in search of players who have shown interest in playing for Nigeria in a bid to building a solid team that will be the pride of all Nigerians. ”

La Masia Academy product Ekpolo has appeared 9 times for Barcelona B team in the Segunda B division this season.

Glasgow Rangers winger Nathan Oduwa has racked up 13 appearances for the youth teams of England but none of those caps came in a competitive fixture, therefore, he does not need Fifa clearance to switch allegiance to Nigeria.
www.soccernet.com.ng/2015/10/barcelona-defender-get-dream-team-call.html
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 8:49pm On May 29, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
U-23 Eagles’ Oduduwa Injured, Out Of Suwon Tourney
[/size]

Defender Segun Oduduwa has been out of Nigeria’s U-23 team’s trip to the Suwon Invitational Tournament in South Korea due to injury.

The tournament takes place from 2 June to 6 June with Denmark and Honduras joining Nigeria and the hosts.

According to thenff.com, team doctor Sam Ogbondeminu revealed that Oduduwa suffered the injury after he was badly tackled during one of the team’s last training sessions at the practice pitch of the National Stadium, Abuja, disclosing that for now the player has been stabilized.

Dr. Ogbondeminu said the process is on to get the best definitive treatment for the injured central defender to return as soon as possible, but for now due to the
gravity of the injury, he has been ruled out of the Suwon tournament.

Reacting to the news, head coach of the team, Samson Siasia said he wouldn’t be replacing the injured Oduduwa ahead of their trip to South Korea.

“I hope the doctors work round the clock to remedy this unfortunate incident so that Oduduwa can return to training on time and be fit for the Rio Olympics, as he has been an integral part of this team from the beginning,” Siasia stated.

Oduduwa has been a key member of the U-23 Eagles during their qualifiers en route the All-Africa Games in Brazzaville, where the team won a bronze.

He also featured at the Africa U-23 Cup of Nations in Senegal where the team finished first and picked one of Africa’s three tickets to this year’s Olympics.

www.completesportsnigeria.com/u-23-eagles-oduduwa-injured-suwon-tourney/
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 9:14pm On May 29, 2016
[size=14pt]
Could this be a good reason not to replace an injured player?
[/size]
Doesn't this offer you an opportunity to call up another replacement to enable you try other options?

What if he fails to recover on time? Which I don't pray for anyway.

**Modified**

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 9:19pm On May 29, 2016
terzurum5:
[size=14pt]
Could this be a good reason not to replace an injured palyer?
[/size]
Doesn't this offer you an opportunity to call up another replacement to enable you try other options?

Ekpolo played against Brazil.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:36pm On May 29, 2016
With two final training camps still to come up in Manchester, England and in Atlanta, USA (by which time his final list will be kinda known.... when in USA).... then we definitely are still miles away from being ready.... wink

TheGoodJoe:

I feel the screening is not thorough. The journalist talking to Coach Siasia should enquire if this list for the Suwon tourney contains most of his final Olympics team players.

I do not see why Iheanacho should be playing friendly games when we are preparing for the Olympics. This is a misplaced priority.

The Super Eagles has no major tournament coming up and the Olympics is a big deal. This tournament list should contain most of the final players for the Olympics. It seems we are still miles from being ready.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 9:42pm On May 29, 2016
tbaba1234:

Ekpolo played against Brazil.

Segun Oduduwa Sir.

Aaaahhhhhhhhh I see. I don't me Segun Oduduwa played against Brazil or came in as a sub.

The point I was trying to make was that Segun Oduduwa is out injured and another player should be invited.

I can now spot where the mix up is coming from.

Cc: tbaba1234
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:43pm On May 29, 2016
TheSuperNerd:

With two final training camps still to come up in Manchester, England and in Atlanta, USA (by which time his final list will be kinda known.... when in USA).... then we definitely are still miles away from being ready.... wink

Why is Coach Siasia still working with those he has already worked with, if he plans to use the other camping outings to screen others.

I expect him to have camped his 60 man list by now and screen out his expected team. From there he blends them by training and playing games together.

Coach Siasia should camp them together and screen the best. I expected this tournament to be made of mostly those that would play the Olympics.

Even his overage picks should have been in this team. This looks like a wasted opportunity.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:49pm On May 29, 2016
terzurum5:
[size=14pt]
U-23 Eagles’ Oduduwa Injured, Out Of Suwon Tourney
[/size]

Reacting to the news, head coach of the team, Samson Siasia said he wouldn’t be replacing the injured Oduduwa ahead of their trip to South Korea.

“I hope the doctors work round the clock to remedy this unfortunate incident so that Oduduwa can return to training on time and be fit for the Rio Olympics, as he has been an integral part of this team from the beginning,” Siasia stated.

Like WTF. You have a lot of players like Nwakali, Ndidi, Otigba, Derik waiting to get their chances and Coach Siasia wants the doctors to work round the clock to bring back a player ruled out of the tournament.

<<<Banging my head on the table repeatedly>>>

With all due respect to Coach Siasia, this is madness.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:52pm On May 29, 2016
TheSuperNerd:

Doctor in the house.

Please tell me this breakthrough research you have devised to get a player ruled out for a tournament fit by working round the clock.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:58pm On May 29, 2016
<<<Tears Shirt and runs out of thread angry>>>
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 10:00pm On May 29, 2016
terzurum5:

Segun Oduduwa Sir.

Ekpolo came on as a sub....

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:06am On May 30, 2016
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha......... Relax Sir GoodJoe.

Lol..... actually such hi-tech medical techniques exist. wink

Too bad it isn't in Nigeria...

But thing is.... I wonder why Siasia is sweating over Oduduwa's injury. He is certainly not our best U-23 defender.

Anyway, I read Siasia is eying getting him fit for the last stages of camping ahead of Rio. It seems in Oduduwa, we may have found Siasia's first name on the list for our defence in Rio. Who knows? wink

TheGoodJoe:

Doctor in the house.

Please tell me this breakthrough research you have devised to get a player ruled out for a tournament fit by working round the clock.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:15am On May 30, 2016
Certainly looks like a wasted opportunity as regards other players he would have called up by now.

Like Sir Icons said, I hope Siasia isn't avoiding inviting some names so as to create spots for his "boys"..... **I can't believe I just thought this way..... I just hope Siasia proves many wrong by picking a team that makes "Super sense" in the end.**

Anyway, the only thing I can look forward to in Suwon is to see the best few that are worthy of invitation to the training camps in Manchester before the final camping exercise in Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.A.

TheGoodJoe:

Why is Coach Siasia still working with those he has already worked with, if he plans to use the other camping outings to screen others.

I expect him to have camped his 60 man list by now and screen out his expected team. From there he blends them by training and playing games together.

Coach Siasia should camp them together and screen the best. I expected this tournament to be made of mostly those that would play the Olympics.

Even his overage picks should have been in this team. This looks like a wasted opportunity.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:22am On May 30, 2016
Looool..... Easy Sir Good Joe..... hahahahahaha.... You don't wanna suffer concussion now do you? Lol....

[img]http://media4./media/YzvPqrOVoS9tC/200.gif[/img]

TheGoodJoe:

Like WTF. You have a lot of players like Nwakali, Ndidi, Otigba, Derik waiting to get their chances and Coach Siasia wants the doctors to work round the clock to bring back a player ruled out of the tournament.

<<<Banging my head on the table repeatedly>>>

With all due respect to Coach Siasia, this is madness.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:25am On May 30, 2016

TheGoodJoe:
<<<Tears Shirt and runs out of thread angry>>>

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:39am On May 30, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha......... Relax Sir GoodJoe.

Lol..... actually such hi-tech medical techniques exist. wink

Too bad it isn't in Nigeria...

But thing is.... I wonder why Siasia is sweating over Oduduwa's injury. He is certainly not our best U-23 defender.

Anyway, I read Siasia is eying getting him fit for the last stages of camping ahead of Rio. It seems in Oduduwa, we may have found Siasia's first name on the list for our defence in Rio. Who knows? wink

Definitely, Oduduwa looks a Banker for Rio Olympics. Injury or no injury. Instead Coach Siasia will play an unfit defender.

Maybe that is why they must reach Manchester. In the Etihad Campus of the Cityzens, there is an underwater thread mill we use to heal injured players and bring them back to the team faster than expected.

Maybe Oduduwa will jog on this thread mill round the clock.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 7:45am On May 30, 2016
tbaba1234:

Ekpolo came on as a sub....

Segun Oduduwa is out injured. So why can't we invite another promising defender for the Suwon tournament.

Why is Siasia insisting on going with just one option. What if he does not recover on time?

We need to test as many options as possible to be prepared.
Besides, this is one department Coach Samson Siasia is not too good in.

Siasia has to be proactive rather than reactive. If you recall, during out two leg AFCON qualifiers against Egypt. He regreteg not goin with some home based strikers. Reason being that, he had assummed Aaron Samuel and Fanen Adi were goin to be inform for the match.

I don't know if we are on the same page Sir?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by confun: 7:58am On May 30, 2016
THEGOODJOE DON VEX OOOOO...... I DEY LAFF

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Badosqi(m): 8:08am On May 30, 2016
TheSuperNerd:

Certainly looks like a wasted opportunity as regards other players he would have called up by now.

Like Sir Icons said, I hope Siasia isn't avoiding inviting some names so as to create spots for his "boys"..... **I can't believe I just thought this way..... I just hope Siasia proves many wrong by picking a team that makes "Super sense" in the end.**

Anyway, the only thing I can look forward to in Suwon is to see the best few that are worthy of invitation to the training camps in Manchester before the final camping exercise in Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.A.

Our Rio team will contain most of these guys going for the Suwon tournament. This tournament should have been the perfect opportunity to invite some other talents, monitor them closely and pick the perfect ones among them.

The Rio Olympics is less than 90 days away about 2 months from now(today is May 30, MAY don finish now). And you don't expect Siasia to disband this squad he has been working with most since last year, some since the beginning of this year now...

I hope I am wrong and I hope he picks our best legs for Rio.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 8:17am On May 30, 2016
terzurum5:

Segun Oduduwa is out injured. So why can't we invite another promising defender for the Suwon tournament.

Why is Siasia insisting on going with just one option. What if he does not recover on time?

We need to test as many options as possible to be prepared.
Besides, this is one department Coach Samson Siasia is not too good in.

Siasia has to be proactive rather than reactive. If you recall, during out two leg AFCON qualifiers against Egypt. He regreteg not goin with some home based strikers. Reason being that, he had assummed Aaron Samuel and Fanen Adi were goin to be inform for the match.

I don't know if we are on the same page Sir?

I don't even think oduduwa is good enough. Siasia needs to get off his 'my boys' mindset otherwise I see a first round exit.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:43am On May 30, 2016
My Big Brother.... no be small thing.

And you're right.... Just that until that final list is out, I will keep my sword in for now. Lol...

Make I just dey observe.....

Badosqi:
Our Rio team will contain most of these guys going for the Suwon tournament. This tournament should have been the perfect opportunity to invite some other talents, monitor them closely and pick the perfect ones among them.

The Rio Olympics is less than 90 days away about 2 months from now(today is May 30, MAY don finish now). And you don't expect Siasia to disband this squad he has been working with most since last year, some since the beginning of this year now...

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:47am On May 30, 2016
Ma'am..... seriously no be small vex ooo.... Lol...

confun:
THEGOODJOE DON VEX OOOOO...... I DEY LAFF

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:14am On May 30, 2016
Hahahahahaha..... and what makes anyone even in a jokers' world think our U-23s will enjoy such privilege in Manchester because of a certain Segun Oduduwa?

Okay... I know... Iheanacho could put in a good word or two, right?? Lol....

[img]http://roshrulez.files./2012/01/11615503-laughing-out-loud-emoticon1.jpg?w=540&h=528[/img]

TheGoodJoe:

Definitely, Oduduwa looks a Banker for Rio Olympics. Injury or no injury. Instead Coach Siasia will play an unfit defender.

Maybe that is why they must reach Manchester. In the Etihad Campus of the Cityzens, there is an underwater thread mill we use to heal injured players and bring them back to the team faster than expected.

Maybe Oduduwa will jog on this thread mill round the clock.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:16am On May 30, 2016
Badosqi:

If that is the case then he should not invite Kelechi Iheanacho and all other top talents he has not worked with. He should just stick all those he used to prosecute the Olympics qualifiers. Even if any of them gets injured, he should instruct his Doctors to employ magic so they can heal.

It seems some of you are supporting Coach Samson Siasia blindly. I just hope your eyes get opened very soon to realities on ground that some of our views here might be vindicated.

No insult intended bro.

If you still doubt me, ask TheGoodJoe gringrin

**Smiles**

CC: Forgiveness.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.