Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,981 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (256) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (697844 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by KingTom(m): 12:19pm On Jun 04, 2016
robosky02:
Nigeria will be like when they hear its Mali

But

When they see DENMARK...... humbility will catch them
that 1998 4-q defeat still fresh cry
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Mickael2(m): 12:20pm On Jun 04, 2016
Jesus. Abeg you guys should be serious for once. Please don't tell me we just lost to Denmark, as if that's not bad enough Lord Bendtner didn't even come, as if that's not bad enough it's not even their main team, as if that's not bad enough na their U21!!! I swear somebody should tell me it's a bad joke

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by robosky02(m): 12:23pm On Jun 04, 2016
KingTom:
that 1998 4-q defeat still fresh cry

if that was fresh

then this is RE- fresher lol grin

abeg ask Siasia to come back disband the team

and pick the real guys

Kelechi, Iwobi, Moses Simon, Awoniyi, Osinmeh etc

lets get down to business enough rehearsal abegee angry
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:24pm On Jun 04, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Shebi he wanted his boys to shine.... Boys wey sabi him philosophy... boys wey don stay from Genesis to Jude of this Team.... grin

No worry , Rio 2016 is the Revelations.... what shall we see? Time will tell... shebi? *winks* Lol..

Meanwhile I am just.....

Chaiiii see wetin "We can't discard those who have been with the team from Genesis to Jude" mentality don show us.....

The Best is The Best... Period!!!! Work with Merits not Favoritism.... Lol...

When Coach Siasia invited his boys for the Egypt game, that was understandable because there was no time to prepare.

In this case, Coach Siasia has time to prepare for the Olympics and he is wasting it. Our best should be gelling but instead our worst are receiving flogging.

<<<Puts head down. Walks away from the camp and flings plank away. Turns to cab driver. "No need. The Danes Kpracked Siasia.">>>

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 12:24pm On Jun 04, 2016
robosky02:

if that was fresh

and pick the real guys

Awoniyi should go and recover his form first, the guy is depreciating

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:26pm On Jun 04, 2016
robosky02:

if that was fresh

and pick the real guys

I do not know what is wrong with Coach Siasia. Invite all the top players from the 60 man squad. Add more omitted like Blessing Eleke and start screening
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by KingTom(m): 12:27pm On Jun 04, 2016
robosky02:

if that was fresh

and pick the real guys

Sia1 is coming he is working very hard make dem rehearse how to drink water grin.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by robosky02(m): 12:28pm On Jun 04, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I do not know what is wrong with Coach Siasia. Invite all the top players from the 60 man squad. Add more omitted like Blessing Eleke and start screening

any way I hope he is deceiving the world to write us off

so we will come back to go with our main team

then...

it will be like.. for any one who cross our path

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by robosky02(m): 12:30pm On Jun 04, 2016
issorite
KingTom:

Sia1 is coming he is working very hard make dem rehearse how to drink water grin.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:32pm On Jun 04, 2016
robosky02:

any way I hope he is deceiving the world to write us off

so we will come back to go with our main team

then...

it will be like.. for any one who cross our path

He is not deceiving anyone. Remember how Coach Siasia stressed on Oduduwa recovering for the Olympics. Remember how Nathan Oduwa refused to sign his Tottenham contract because he believed he has booked his Olympics ticket.

This is mostly your Olympics squad. Maybe someone like Etebor might break in.

It is only a thrashing like this that can stop this team from going.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by AIG07: 12:37pm On Jun 04, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Shebi he wanted his boys to shine.... Boys wey sabi him philosophy... boys wey don stay from Genesis to Jude of this Team.... grin

No worry , Rio 2016 is the Revelations.... what shall we see? Time will tell... shebi? *winks* Lol..

Meanwhile I am just.....

Chaiiii see wetin "We can't discard those who have been with the team from Genesis to Jude" mentality don show us.....

The Best is The Best... Period!!!! Work with Merits not Favoritism.... Lol...

I can't stop laughing... You're funny bro.

The funniest part of it was seeing folks blaming d Malians n E.Guinea for conceding so much in the Toulon tournament not knowing Nigeria's bashing is just right at d corner.

As dis saying is known with Nigeria's football 'LETS GO BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD'
maybe we can get the schematic plan right before august. Abeg who be d artist in the house?

*Brings out an Easel, sets up d drawing sheet n all kinds of pencil ranging from HB to 4B*
make una start drawing. We need a well designed diagram that will lead us to glory in RIO.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by enomakos(m): 12:50pm On Jun 04, 2016
robosky02:

if that was fresh

and pick the real guys

awoniyi is in the team na?what hads he done since?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by enomakos(m): 12:54pm On Jun 04, 2016
Good the thrashing will be complete in the next match
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 1:07pm On Jun 04, 2016
Thank God I no know the time of play. grin
Thank God I no waste my fuel grin
Thank God I no watch am grin
Thank God I no get high-pressure watching it grin.
Thank God we lose welli wellii grin
Thank God na Suwa sorry Suwon we 4 lose no bi Roar sorry Rio grin
Thank God na mere tournament no be real tournament grin
Thank God our eye don dey clear grin
Thank God Siasia don see for himself grin

Thank God I thank God grin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 1:12pm On Jun 04, 2016
[s][/s]u
Icon4s:

When it is very obvious u took a wack team to dat tourney.

When u get trashed by Denmark, then u will blame Buhari and APC.

Sebi I said it.

We are waiting for Siasia to blame Buhari or Lai Mohammed this time.

Stupid philosophy. Bc he won d CAF U23 with those boys he thinks dey are d best.

Sometimes we followers of football know more than these coaches. I thank God we have been vindicated.

Let me see whether Pinnick and co would nt interfer in his selection process.The coming days and weeks would b hot for Siasia.

God bless Denmark for humbling him.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by confun: 1:22pm On Jun 04, 2016
This is serious mhen..... Something has to be done, and should be done fast because Rio is fast approaching.....

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:24pm On Jun 04, 2016
Ma'am.... What is happening as a result of what just happened over an hour ago is this....

FRANCE 98 ROUND OF 16 GHOST IS STILL ROAMING....

And this Siasia team in suwon stands no chance, in my books, of seeing more than 3 players on the plane to Rio

**that is if we go by 100% merits**

I know Michael Laudrup and co's bashing of our Super Eagles then still dey fresh in our minds (sorry... I mean una minds.... grin .... I was only 6 then... started watching soccer in 1999 wink )well, today we learnt of a "Refresher's" course.... titled 6-2.... an upgrade on 4-1. grin

confun:
wat kain embarrassment be ds na....haba...wat is happening?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by olapluto(m): 1:47pm On Jun 04, 2016
The reason why Siasia failed with super eagles is reason he will ruin this U23. He seems to enjoy using the wrong players as long as they settle him.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 1:52pm On Jun 04, 2016
confun:
This is serious mhen..... Something has to be done, and should be done fast because Rio is fast approaching.....

Madam, no need to worry. Denmark has done it for us. We give God the glory.

Siasia has jst wasted this friendlies window.

Now we can start proper preparations for the Olympics with the proper players to feature at the Olympics.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:56pm On Jun 04, 2016
Icon4s:

Madam, no need to worry. Denmark has done it for us. We give God the glory.

Siasia has jst wasted this friendlies window.

Now we can start proper preparations for the Olympics with the proper players to feature at the Olympics.

If Coach Siasia decides to screen and select the best players after this thrashing, then what happened today should be remembered as THE DANE MIRACLE.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 2:02pm On Jun 04, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

If Coach Siasia decides to screen and select the best players after this thrashing, then what happened today should be remembered as THE DANE MIRACLE.

lol! In my opinion after Siasia invites the "real players" the NFF should organise another friendly with this Dane team. This can b played while at the Manchester camp.

We need to teach these Danes a lesson. Enough of all these thrashings.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 2:02pm On Jun 04, 2016
Keshi has been appointed by Orlando pirates..

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:05pm On Jun 04, 2016
Icon4s:

lol! In my opinion after Siasia invites the "real players" the NFF should organise another friendly with this Dane team. This can b played while at the Manchester camp.

We need to teach these Danes a lesson. Enough of all these thrashings.

I agree. We need to erase these insults and also use it to test our strength and readiness.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by zoboizee: 2:06pm On Jun 04, 2016
If he really wants to perform at the Olympics, the following players & many more should be done with. Otherwise, he his going there to be humiliated.
1. Taiwo Awoniyi
2. Ndifreke Effiong
3. Tiongoli Tonbara
4. Ubong Ekpai
5. Sincere Seth

A victor Moses will be far better than Ighalo if added.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:06pm On Jun 04, 2016
tbaba1234:

Congrats to him and I hope he does well. Coach Keshi should remember Naija boys. We have a lot of good players here.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 2:14pm On Jun 04, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I agree. We need to erase these insults and also use it to test our strength and readiness.

I am not worried abt our Rio outing. Denmark has really made d job easier for us.

Reminds me of our 1-3 lose to Togo at d national stadium in Lagos during Atlanta 96 pre-tourney friendly . we went ahead to win d Olympics gold.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:15pm On Jun 04, 2016
Sometimes, I do wonder why it is so so difficult to do the RIGHT THING especially when the RIGHT THING in question is not hard.

**smh**

So if Denmark had not won this match nko?? If the match had ended just 3-2 nko??

IN A TIME OF SO MUCH SUPER U-23 TALENTS TO CHOOSE FROM AKIN TO THE ATLANTA SQUAD, then "Doing the right thing should be very easy".... but uhmmm... No. He had to wait to be bashed before he knows:

-Ndifreke Effiong is not good at left back,

-Awoniyi is on a poor run of form,

-Obanor and Emiloju are not Oduduwa's replacements... Even Amaefule is a better CB compared to Obanor and Emiloju yet Amaefule does not meet up too,

-Sincere Seth is not a reliable at Right back... Musa Mohammed trumps him big time.

- Ubong Ekpai is stiff and non-interesting.... forget the goal he scored against Brazil, that goal was made possible by Imoh Ezekiel and Sadiq Popoola

- Emma Daniel is still the best player in Siasia's rag-tag Suwon team

- He doesn't have a defence at all... he needs fresh faces who are far better... Faces like Musa Mohammed, Troost Ekong, Kingsley Madu, Wilfred Ndidi (since Azubuike or Mikel takes that DMF/CMF role), Chidozie Awaziem..... etc

- Our strike force have never hit camp before: The ISIS (Iheanacho, Success, Iwobi, Simon Moses) and even Musa Yahaya.... Osimhen is miles ahead of all the strikers he took to Suwon.

- Abdulrahman looks better than Awoniyi...

- Only Azubuike and Emma Daniel are sure bankers for Rio from this team.

-His players selection policy is crap!!!!

- etc, etc....

Siasia, I have an Olympics to look forward to, don't mess it up.... I mean... come on Coach Siasia!!!! don't you think about your CV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My eyes are on who he calls up for the Manchester training camp before the final camp in Atlanta.... we still have some time.... the players are there BUT SIASIA, PLS, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!! OR FOR THE JOY OF NIGERIANS, CALL THEM UP!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 2:15pm On Jun 04, 2016
zoboizee:
If he really wants to perform at the Olympics, the following players & many more should be done with. Otherwise, he his going there to be humiliated.
1. Taiwo Awoniyi
2. Ndifreke Effiong
3. Tiongoli Tonbara
4. Ubong Ekpai
5. Sincere Seth

What of Segun Oduduwa?

I mean, with Troost-Ekong, Awaziem and Ndidi as available options Oduduwa has no biz in dat team.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 2:23pm On Jun 04, 2016
tbaba1234:

I am nt wishing him bad bt I dnt think it is a right move for him.

Keshi's style of play only fits national teams.
I would have been more excited if he was appointed Bafana coach instead.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by zoboizee: 2:25pm On Jun 04, 2016
1. Taiwo Awoniyi
2. Ndifreke Effiong
3. Tiongoli Tonbara
4. Ubong Ekpai
5. Sincere Seth

it baffles me why better players like obinna nwobodo and chisom chikatara are not selected but the above listed players. Something is usually wrong with our coaches. The same Awoniyi he dumped to the bench at the qualifiers for poor form & chose Osimhen, he is still trying to patch him up. Wonder why most of these our coaches are not always objective.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Orkpekyandega(m): 2:37pm On Jun 04, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

How Coach Siasia could leave out all the top strikers including Chikatara and Blessing Eleke baffles me.
What about Fred ā€ˇFriday(Lillestrom)& Godwin Obaje(Wikki Tourists FC).

When it was Stephen Keshi person bin no de hear word. Even for ordinary friendly matches self, Chris Green go wan scrutinize the list. What has happened now

We have very promising defenders but Samson Siasia would always prefer his boys. So nobody should complain anymore.

More disgrace awaits Samson Siasia and the NFF, if they continue their usual wuru wuru of allowing sentiments and the BACK DOOR criteria for picking players. Una never chii chomchin...

Well lets here Samson Siasia's next excuse.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by zoboizee: 2:46pm On Jun 04, 2016
Icon4s:

What of Segun Oduduwa?
I mean, with Troost-Ekong, Awaziem and Ndidi as available options Oduduwa has no biz in dat team.
Troost-Ekong to me is average. he gets beaten too easily on a one-on-one. Dude aint it for me. And Oduduwa is out of it. if you watch the qualifiers, you will see dat Daniel's heriocs won the trophy for us. Our defence was nothing to write home about. Too wide open & shaky.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.