Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,037 members, 7,838,592 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

Nigerian Human Rights Community Storm Lagos In Protest (IMAGES) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Human Rights Community Storm Lagos In Protest (IMAGES) (1577 Views)

Lawan, Akume Lead Anti-saraki Senators Out Of Plenary In Protest / Nothing To See Here....Disturbing Protest Images / Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Human Rights Community Storm Lagos In Protest (IMAGES) by TundeCole(m): 9:27pm On Oct 16, 2014
Nigerian Human Rights Community Storm Lagos in protest
Posted by irohinodua ⋅ October 16, 2014 ⋅ Leave a comment
Filed Under Coalition of Nigerian Civil Rights Groups, NHRC, Nigeria, Nigerian Human Rights Community

For many hours today, there was traffic gridlock n Ikeja and Alausa area as members of the civil society took to the streets. Thousands of peoples stormed the streets of Lagos in protest against the state of the nation. The protesters started the rally at the under bridge Ikeja and terminated at Alausa in Ikeja after a 5 kilometer trek on foot. ‘We are on the streets to rekindle the spirit of protest among Nigerians.

Hunger and starvation have taken over the land. There is a state of anomie. Nigeria is bleeding. Someone must rise up to stop the hemorrhage’, leader of the protesters under the aegis of Nigerian Human Rights Community, (NHRC), Mr Adewale Adeoye told the huge crowd made up of women, students, workers and a huge proportion of the human rights community. The NHRC is a coalition of over 135 civil right groups.

The leader of the Coalition of Nigerian Civil Rights Groups, (CONRIG) Mr Samuel Olorunwa said the future of Nigerians lay in their hands adding that the masses must rise up to save the country from dwindling fortunes. “We have never had it so bad. Nigerians are being terrorised. Nigerians are being bombed. There is no ligHt. There is no water. There are no essentials of life. The country is drifting. Nigerians must speak out, act in solidarity to save the country from a big bang”, Olorunwa said. He said the protest will last for three days continuing tomorrow Friday.

The leader of the New Niger Delta Coalition, (NNDC) said Nigeria needs to be restructured to guarantee sustainable livelihood. ‘We need to restructure the country. Oil should be managed by those who produce the oil. There should be a new nation built on public trust’. The demonstrators later marched to the state house Alausa where they were they handed over letters to government officials for onward transfer and delivery to President Goodluck Jonathan.
http://irohinodua./2014/10/16/nigerian-human-rights-community-storm-lagos-in-protest/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Human Rights Community Storm Lagos In Protest (IMAGES) by Afroconnect: 9:38pm On Oct 16, 2014
Very commendable.

We need to stir up the spirit of activism and form a people's coalition in order for us as a people to determine our faith.

This is the only way to grab Nigeria back from the these crop of political hijackers...this is important if we are to live fulfiliing lives

The people need to protest against impunity,corruption nd unfilfilled promises made by the political elite.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Human Rights Community Storm Lagos In Protest (IMAGES) by Toyozzie(f): 9:41pm On Oct 16, 2014
and why is dis one not wearing his clothes?
Re: Nigerian Human Rights Community Storm Lagos In Protest (IMAGES) by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:34pm On Oct 16, 2014
If they're hungry, they shld go and find work!
Re: Nigerian Human Rights Community Storm Lagos In Protest (IMAGES) by egift(m): 10:45pm On Oct 16, 2014
Storming "Lagos" to protest the state of the nation - It is like the organizers could not find Abuja in the map. Or did they realize in time that the Zoologist will send "wild lives" from the Aso Rock Zoo to use them for shooting practice?

Thank God Nigerians are waking up. Buhari/Fashola - to God be the glory!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Human Rights Community Storm Lagos In Protest (IMAGES) by lonelydora: 10:54pm On Oct 16, 2014
I was here shaa a. Waiting for comments.
Re: Nigerian Human Rights Community Storm Lagos In Protest (IMAGES) by ChiefAdams: 11:22pm On Oct 16, 2014
SLIDEwaxie:
If they're hungry, they shld go and find work!

You are such a pathetic fool. Some people are out there on the street fighting a cause that would better your miserable life. Both the rich, poor, middle class, all trooped out enmasse to cry out their frustrations and anger at the insensitivity of the government of the day towards the plight of the people. Rather than support that cause, you are here writing rubbish with that free mb of yours. If you don't pity your self, try to pity your generation to come now!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry lipsrsealed

To the topic, I think this is a good development. I wish i could be part of such rallies. We need more of this. To the MODs, this should be on the front page now........

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Human Rights Community Storm Lagos In Protest (IMAGES) by Nobody: 11:25pm On Oct 16, 2014
am very happy about this,let this happen in 36 states of Nigeria,am sure things will change

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Human Rights Community Storm Lagos In Protest (IMAGES) by oduastates: 12:06am On Oct 17, 2014
egift:
Storming "Lagos" to protest the state of the nation - It is like the organizers could not find Abuja in the map. Or did they realize in time that the Zoologist will send "wild lives" from the Aso Rock Zoo to use them for shooting practice?

Thank God Nigerians are waking up. Buhari/Fashola - to God be the glory!
You have not been paying attention.
Voters like those rice collectors in ekiti are plentiful all over the country.
In fact,the blind outnumber the seeing 3 to 1 . Those are the ones they should be targeting . most especially in the middle belt.
Re: Nigerian Human Rights Community Storm Lagos In Protest (IMAGES) by black247: 12:16am On Oct 17, 2014
I like this! Go Nigeria! All of Africa needs a unified civil rights movement!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Human Rights Community Storm Lagos In Protest (IMAGES) by lilprinze: 2:14am On Oct 17, 2014
Nigerians are now waking up from their slumber we need to protest and stop this thieves from looting our money that is or was meant to develop and transform this country in to their account.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Human Rights Community Storm Lagos In Protest (IMAGES) by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:11am On Oct 17, 2014
ChiefAdams:

You are such a pathetic fool. Some people are out there on the street fighting a cause that would better your miserable life. Both the rich, poor, middle class, all trooped out enmasse to cry out their frustrations and anger at the insensitivity of the government of the day towards the plight of the people. Rather than support that cause, you are here writing rubbish with that free mb of yours. If you don't pity your self, try to pity your generation to come now!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry lipsrsealed

To the topic, I think this is a good development. I wish i could be part of such rallies. We need more of this. To the MODs, this should be on the front page now........
1. Self-pity is a clear path to self-destruct..

2. Instead of wasting ur alphabetic characters on me, write an application and if u have a job, teach them to write an application.

3. How many times have u give part of ur earnings to orphanage/widows and handicaps? And when I said 'handicap', I'm not saying the able ones who roam the streets!

4. How many of those idle mofos protesting has a job the created on their own which in turn will employ others?

5. If the govt ain't helping you, vote them out and stop collecting stipends to campaign for a daft administration!

for your yeye mind, u don talk, abi?
If we all rely on the govt, then we can't have it both ways because govt can't jes feed us all!

Now, go get a job!
Re: Nigerian Human Rights Community Storm Lagos In Protest (IMAGES) by Nobody: 8:10am On Oct 17, 2014
SLIDEwaxie:
1. Self-pity is a clear path to self-destruct..

2. Instead of wasting ur alphabetic characters on me, write an application and if u have a job, teach them to write an application.

3. How many times have u give part of ur earnings to orphanage/widows and handicaps? And when I said 'handicap', I'm not saying the able ones who roam the streets!

4. How many of those idle mofos protesting has a job the created on their own which in turn will employ others?

5. If the govt ain't helping you, vote them out and stop collecting stipends to campaign for a daft administration!

for your yeye mind, u don talk, abi?
If we all rely on the govt, then we can't have it both ways because govt can't jes feed us all!

Now, go get a job!
On point

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Attack The Federal Govt. For Killing Boko Haram Sect / Boko Haram Bombs Military Barracks In Gombe / United States Protests And Government Action Against Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.