Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,091 members, 7,814,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Calabar/akwa Ibom Food! - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Calabar/akwa Ibom Food! (92778 Views)

Akwa Ibom & Cross River States Have The Best Food In Nigeria (can This Be True?) / Do You Like Ibibio(akwa Ibom) Dishes...please Click This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Calabar/akwa Ibom Food! by otimothy(m): 10:24am On Jan 18, 2015
chai make me remember that calabar woman for ilupeju beside delloite buiding.....damn i miss lagos sha
Re: Calabar/akwa Ibom Food! by Henrybright(m): 10:26am On Jan 18, 2015
sexyjennik:
yummy.plz can u post d recipe of dis?wanna try my hands on it.am a fan of Calabar local dishes.afang and edikikang are still my best Calabar dishes.looking 4ward 2 ur posting of d recipe grin.tanx
just Google it ,that way you will see the preparatory guide also.. It's not difficult to prepare

better still follow the link = www.calabarforum.org.uk/calabar-delicacies

1 Like

Re: Calabar/akwa Ibom Food! by o42austino(m): 10:34am On Jan 18, 2015
onila:
Ekpang Nkukwo

[img]http://wakanow.files./2012/05/ekpang-nkukwo-10.jpg[/img]
I like others except this one,i did not Enjoy it while serving at Aks.
Re: Calabar/akwa Ibom Food! by o42austino(m): 10:37am On Jan 18, 2015
This dishes made me not to save a dime during my NYSC day at Oron Nation,i still remember Fresh fish soup. embarassedThis dishes made me not to save a dime during my NYSC day at Oron Nation,i still remember Fresh fish soup.

2 Likes

Re: Calabar/akwa Ibom Food! by Henrybright(m): 10:40am On Jan 18, 2015
o42austino:
I like others except this one,i did not Enjoy it while serving at Aks.
I'm very sure it was not prepared well for you
Re: Calabar/akwa Ibom Food! by oluwagbemiga22(m): 10:41am On Jan 18, 2015
Abeg any calabar girl wey dey find husband dey here?
Re: Calabar/akwa Ibom Food! by fashrola(m): 10:45am On Jan 18, 2015
feelme3:

Madam Onila. This no be Editan soup na. I think that is Okro soup. Editan is actually the leaf and we don't use okRo in it.
you can use okro with editan soup..... And that's editan soup... very medicinal n nutritious than afang soup
Re: Calabar/akwa Ibom Food! by Chimamaa(f): 10:50am On Jan 18, 2015
onila:
Atama is the Efik version of Banga Soup

wowwww. This got me wanting to eat rice mheeen
Re: Calabar/akwa Ibom Food! by feelme3(m): 10:53am On Jan 18, 2015
fashrola:
you can use okro with editan soup..... And that's editan soup... very medicinal n nutritious than afang soup

Ok sir. Me I never chop d one dem use okRo cook. Can't wait to taste it though. Am from Uyo
Re: Calabar/akwa Ibom Food! by Henrybright(m): 10:53am On Jan 18, 2015
I love dem all though my favorite is afang soup , I'm glad I can prepare almost all the dishes... lol
Re: Calabar/akwa Ibom Food! by drake2(m): 10:58am On Jan 18, 2015
o42austino:
This dishes made me not to save a dime during my NYSC day at Oron Nation,i still remember Fresh fish soup. embarassedThis dishes made me not to save a dime during my NYSC day at Oron Nation,i still remember Fresh fish soup.

lol. na only dishes? what about their Chicks?
Re: Calabar/akwa Ibom Food! by vivalavida(m): 11:09am On Jan 18, 2015
Afang,edikaikong,ekpangkwukwo and calabar white soup made my seven months stay there btw 2012 and 2013 worthwhile. This christmas,by his grace,am going to cally again to eat and catch some fun
Re: Calabar/akwa Ibom Food! by justi4jesu(f): 11:12am On Jan 18, 2015
oluwagbemiga22:
Abeg any calabar girl wey dey find husband dey here?

lolz wetin you want them to do for you? cheesy cheesy
Re: Calabar/akwa Ibom Food! by nas00(m): 11:12am On Jan 18, 2015
Chisos!! shocked

Errm.. @Madamé Onila my Lady.

I must confess, I just weak as I dey see these mesmerizing Akwa Ibom dishes.

Seeing these, my mind dey tell me say na substandard Edikangikong, White soup and Afang be the ones wey I bin taste since sad

I dey beg, you go fit arrange me? .. I nor go mind to dey come ur side hail you every weekend or even buy ingredients come cry

I swear, anybody wey see these kind soup chop steady no fit sick lailai. Chaii grin

1 Like

Re: Calabar/akwa Ibom Food! by Godpinkin(m): 11:19am On Jan 18, 2015
Mouth watering dishes............... Where is my calaber Girl??
Re: Calabar/akwa Ibom Food! by condralbede(m): 11:54am On Jan 18, 2015
onila:
a delicious Calabar soup with snails and correct meat . I bring to you today Editan Soup

Baby am salivating dear...are you married undecided
Re: Calabar/akwa Ibom Food! by donodion(m): 11:58am On Jan 18, 2015
onila:
a delicious Calabar soup with snails and correct meat . I bring to you today Editan Soup

Ah...Oh God...yours truly i miss Naija...Can anyone pls share the step by step process to prepare the veg soup...pls anyone?
Re: Calabar/akwa Ibom Food! by remsonik(f): 12:00pm On Jan 18, 2015
Onila you forgot to put pictures of the white rice and pepper soup. I rocked it well during my nysc. I am also familiar with afang,edikangikong, ekpang nkuwo, white soup and the palm oil mixed with cameroun pepper and fish sauce used to serve yam. Another dish i learnt how to prepare is the coconut rice and oh i love the roasted plantain and vegetable with fish .

Plantain porridge too is nice and their bitter leaf soup.

I didnt taste editan soup cos its bitter
I love calabar. Its my ideal and most liveable city in nigeria.
Re: Calabar/akwa Ibom Food! by koolg: 12:01pm On Jan 18, 2015
Who come de talk say na yoruba ppl like pomo pass?
Re: Calabar/akwa Ibom Food! by Dbboy(m): 12:03pm On Jan 18, 2015
This is the best post of the year.
Re: Calabar/akwa Ibom Food! by uyplus(m): 12:11pm On Jan 18, 2015
Hey, I need an efik/ibibio lady to court.. I'm ibibio too.. 08034470310.
Re: Calabar/akwa Ibom Food! by justi4jesu(f): 12:18pm On Jan 18, 2015
It is really true, The way to a Man's heart is through his stomach, see as guys don dey find wives left,right and center for here. Madam Onila come n see ohcheesy cheesy
Re: Calabar/akwa Ibom Food! by kristen12(f): 12:20pm On Jan 18, 2015
Re: Calabar/akwa Ibom Food! by kristen12(f): 12:20pm On Jan 18, 2015
See as guys dey hustle for calabar babes. Nawa O°˚˚˚
Anyway we rock
Akwa Ibom ado ok
Re: Calabar/akwa Ibom Food! by Stoical: 12:51pm On Jan 18, 2015
Youceemeri:
Hello great nairalanders pls i need your financial help to solve to problem which is been affecting me since d turn of the year...I need this cash to paid for a room for me and my son(Shelter). They have served us quit notice.. There's no business i could venture in that would yield maximum return at this moment, beside am on street now running up and down to make our end for food, am not lazy i can do any work but not into robbery pls i just want to be a good daddy for my son since his mum is late, i believe downfall of a man not the end, all i need is a roof over our head so i could be able to cool down and find job to make him proud.. The money i need is #20,000 to get a room..Any financial help would be greatly appreciated...I know there is good people out there who can help me .......May God bless and reward u all.

My brother, I pray you get someone to assist. But, you may try approaching your church welfare unit...that's if you belong to a church and you are known. I feel that's the best thing to do, as most people here in NL may not be so willing o not having to support you. Godspeed!
Re: Calabar/akwa Ibom Food! by Amazinpeace(f): 1:10pm On Jan 18, 2015
my favourite ekpang nkukwo. I can never get tired of it# proudly an akwa ibomite
Re: Calabar/akwa Ibom Food! by xreal: 1:22pm On Jan 18, 2015
Sincerely speaking; the Efiks/Calabarians are really blessed with numerous delicacies. No leaf or plant is a waste to them.

That's why I envy 2BABA

Nfana Ibaga.

3 Likes

Re: Calabar/akwa Ibom Food! by toygod2: 1:42pm On Jan 18, 2015
COW THIS , COW THAT.
......WALAHI, COW DON SUFFER.
I LOVE SOME OF DEM SOUP THO , BUT SURPRISINGLY, THE SO MUCH HYPED Edikang ikong sef, I no gbadun am jst because of too much mfi inside, wey dey make am bitter.

I PREFER THE WHITE SOUP OR EDITANG . THANKS AND GOD BLESS MY S/S PEOPLE. peace
Re: Calabar/akwa Ibom Food! by justi4jesu(f): 1:51pm On Jan 18, 2015
toygod2:
COW THIS , COW THAT.
......WALAHI, COW DON SUFFER.
I LOVE SOME OF DEM SOUP THO , BUT SURPRISINGLY, THE SO MUCH HYPED Edikang ikong sef, I no gbadun am jst because of too much mfi inside, wey dey make am bitter.

I PREFER THE WHITE SOUP OR EDITANG . THANKS AND GOD BLESS MY S/S PEOPLE. peace

It means the Mfi was not well washed. Trust me cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Calabar/akwa Ibom Food! by emmie2011: 1:58pm On Jan 18, 2015
onila:

I believe that you know go kill person today oooo. Watching these kine things for photo dey turn my eyes fa.
Re: Calabar/akwa Ibom Food! by EdemEkeng(m): 2:06pm On Jan 18, 2015
Chai,that is why when you marry a good Erik girl,you are in safe hands.

2 Likes

Re: Calabar/akwa Ibom Food! by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jan 18, 2015
onila:

By correct meat you mean 404?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

This Big Bush Meat Could Worth More Than #20,000 / God Gave Us This Snake Meat After Working Today In His Vineyard / Foods That Make Your Buttocks Bigger Naturally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.