Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,703 members, 7,816,874 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

13 Year Old Hacker Teaches Adults About Internet Security In A Conference - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / 13 Year Old Hacker Teaches Adults About Internet Security In A Conference (1927 Views)

Free Avast Internet Security Activation Code / Nigeria Ranked Sixth In Internet Security Threat / What Do You Know About Internet Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

13 Year Old Hacker Teaches Adults About Internet Security In A Conference by shugacaneman: 4:38am On Oct 17, 2014
Grown adults were listening to and took advice from a 13-year-old boy, who spoke about Internet security. The teenager, Wang Zhengyang, is an “Internet security prodigy,” and is believed to be the youngest Internet hacker. Zhengyang was invited to speak in front of a large audience at the Internet Security Conference in Beijing, China. The teen said that he prefers to be seen as an “ethical computer hacker” after being questioned about the allegations that he hacked an online store and changed the price of an item from 2,500 yuan ($1 = 6.13 yuan) to 1 yuan. Zhengyang, who is a junior high school student in Beijing, said that he only wanted to “help fix the website, by showing the owners the flaws.” He was also accused of manipulating the online system at his school. Zhengyang did not deny the allegations. However, he explained that he had no benefit from the hacked account. He explained that he did not hack the website for his junior high class, but for high school students in the same school. “We must first attack the websites to find it’s weaknesses,” he explained. In another incident, Zhengyang hacked a company’s website and went on a shopping spree without being charged for the items.
He said that he was able to do so after finding a security breach related to password authentication. He notified the online store of the security breach and purchased the items. In April, the teen contacted Qihoo 360 Technology, a software company based in Beijing, about potential system flaws that could affect more than 100 educational institutions in the country. “I think that hacking a website for profit is immoral,” Zhengyang said. He enjoys finding security risks on websites and find ways to fix it. “I will not use my talents for anything illegal,” Zhengyang told his listeners.

maryanneyo..com.

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 13 Year Old Hacker Teaches Adults About Internet Security In A Conference by shugacaneman: 4:43am On Oct 17, 2014
why must gurus like me always wear glasses?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 13 Year Old Hacker Teaches Adults About Internet Security In A Conference by Dayjhihannon01(m): 8:11am On Oct 17, 2014
shugacaneman:
why must gurus like me always wear glasses?
ehn? undecided
Re: 13 Year Old Hacker Teaches Adults About Internet Security In A Conference by beau49: 8:18am On Oct 17, 2014
He's so cute....
Atleast he knows right from wrong
Re: 13 Year Old Hacker Teaches Adults About Internet Security In A Conference by Brunel(m): 10:12am On Oct 17, 2014
Wow.........is he the next big thing?
Re: 13 Year Old Hacker Teaches Adults About Internet Security In A Conference by 77al: 10:56am On Oct 17, 2014
O boy.......
Re: 13 Year Old Hacker Teaches Adults About Internet Security In A Conference by uncleck: 12:36pm On Oct 17, 2014
“I think that hacking a website for profit is immoral,” Zhengyang said. He enjoys finding security risks on websites and find ways to fix it. “I will not use my talents for anything illegal,” Zhengyang told his listeners.

Trusting individuals' judgement of morality on the internet will cause more harm than good. There should be strict international laws that regulates internet activities.

I admire the guy. If i had his talents I would hack CBN and control our executives' expenditures.
Re: 13 Year Old Hacker Teaches Adults About Internet Security In A Conference by DAVE5(m): 2:16pm On Oct 17, 2014
beau49:
He's so cute....
Atleast he knows right from wrong

huh, dat is cute maybe i nid new glasses or am jst too high
Re: 13 Year Old Hacker Teaches Adults About Internet Security In A Conference by beau49: 4:16pm On Oct 17, 2014
DAVE5:

huh, dat is cute maybe i nid new glasses or am jst too high

Lol.....cuteness comes in different forms.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder remember cheesy
Re: 13 Year Old Hacker Teaches Adults About Internet Security In A Conference by eightsin(m): 11:04pm On Oct 17, 2014
Jf I get this boy talent, I for liberate my entire village.
Re: 13 Year Old Hacker Teaches Adults About Internet Security In A Conference by factorial1(m): 11:57am On Oct 18, 2014
uncleck:
“I think that hacking a website for profit is immoral,” Zhengyang said. He enjoys finding security risks on websites and find ways to fix it. “I will not use my talents for anything illegal,” Zhengyang told his listeners.

Trusting individuals' judgement of morality on the internet will cause more harm than good. There should be strict international laws that regulates internet activities.

I admire the guy. If i had his talents I would hack CBN and control our executives' expenditures.
and that's why you won't have such talent... kiss
Re: 13 Year Old Hacker Teaches Adults About Internet Security In A Conference by aboyaji(m): 10:48pm On Oct 18, 2014
beau49:

beauty is now in the eyes of block molders
Re: 13 Year Old Hacker Teaches Adults About Internet Security In A Conference by beau49: 9:48am On Oct 19, 2014
aboyaji:
beauty is now in the eyes of block molders

Hahahahaha....na you sabi o
Re: 13 Year Old Hacker Teaches Adults About Internet Security In A Conference by DAVE5(m): 4:57pm On Oct 21, 2014
beau49:

true talk, but agbo and bitter kola is bitter in everybody's mouth, although some might act as if it's nothing.. evin guys that date ugly worworwor girls act like she's a damsel sha but they know d truth
Re: 13 Year Old Hacker Teaches Adults About Internet Security In A Conference by beau49: 8:39pm On Oct 21, 2014
DAVE5:

true talk, but agbo and bitter kola is bitter in everybody's mouth, although some might act as if it's nothing.. evin guys that date ugly worworwor girls act like she's a damsel sha but they know d truth

Lwkm...guy you eh.

Well love is blind.....I guess they sometimes see past the worworness of their girl/boyfriends
Re: 13 Year Old Hacker Teaches Adults About Internet Security In A Conference by DAVE5(m): 12:14pm On Oct 22, 2014
beau49:

Lwkm...guy you eh.

Well love is blind.....I guess they sometimes see past the worworness of their girl/boyfriends

hmmnn, LOVE is blind? i would jst agree so i don't start spamming this whole thread...
Re: 13 Year Old Hacker Teaches Adults About Internet Security In A Conference by beau49: 7:10am On Oct 23, 2014
DAVE5:

hmmnn, LOVE is blind? i would jst agree so i don't start spamming this whole thread...

Hahahahahahaha......abeg no spam thread o,e gud as you agree.

(1) (Reply)

FIX "You Must Install And Enable Network Adapter" Error In Windows / Evolution Of Computers / HP Elitebook 820 G2 (US Used)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.