Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,866 members, 7,810,298 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

Grandmother Gives Birth To Her Own Triplet Granddaughters - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Grandmother Gives Birth To Her Own Triplet Granddaughters (882 Views)

Poll: Can you be surrogate mother for your daughter?

Yes: 40% (2 votes)
No: 0% (0 votes)
I don't think so: 20% (1 vote)
Lawd-a-Mercy!! :): 40% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

Woman Gives Birth To Quintuplets In Ibadan(photos) / Bimbo Ayelabola Gives Birth To Quintuplets In London, Gets Let Off £145k Bill / Photos: Aww, A Woman With Triplet Spotted Begging In Awka Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Grandmother Gives Birth To Her Own Triplet Granddaughters by SisiJinx: 2:34pm On Nov 13, 2008
[size=16pt]Grandmother gives birth to her own triplet granddaughters[/size]

CLEVELAND  —  A 56-year-old woman who gave birth to her triplet granddaughters a month ago is recovering from a Caesarean section and hopeful that one of the girls will be home from the hospital by Saturday.

Jaci Dalenberg, 56, of Wooster in northeast Ohio, offered herself as a surrogate when her daughter, Kim Coseno, and her husband, Joe, were waiting to adopt. Coseno had two children from a previous marriage but was unable to have another baby because of a hysterectomy.

Her ovaries could produce eggs, so she and Joe Coseno, her husband of six years, tried in vitro fertilization. The embryos were implanted in Dalenberg's uterus.

The girls were born Oct. 11 — more than two months premature and each weighing less than three pounds.

Coseno said in an interview Tuesday on ABC's "Good Morning America" that the baby girls are doing well at Hillcrest Hospital in the Cleveland suburb Mayfield Heights.

A 56-year-old carrier is highly unusual, said Dr. Robert Kiwi, who performed the in vitro fertilization. A typical carrier is a young, healthy woman who had a baby previously, he said.

Dalenberg underwent hormonal therapy to strengthen her uterus and delivered at 31 weeks when one of the girls appeared to not be growing appropriately, Kiwi said.

"So we acted fairly rapidly based in information we had," Kiwi said. "All three are doing great."

The words INSPIRATIONAL, SELFLESS are being used to describe this situation, which one the surface, it is but. . . yes, there is a but, isn't this a little weird? I've asked a couple of people and they say because I don't have a kid yet,  I don't understand what lengths a mother go for her child(ren).  . . okay, fine, whatever!

The Question now is - Mothers in the house, will you be surrogate mother for your daughter if (God Forbid) she is unable to carry one herself?
Re: Grandmother Gives Birth To Her Own Triplet Granddaughters by hotstuff06(f): 2:47pm On Nov 13, 2008
In a heartbeat,
Re: Grandmother Gives Birth To Her Own Triplet Granddaughters by SisiJinx: 3:36pm On Nov 13, 2008
Wow!!!! You are a better woman than I am. I'm not gonna lie but I don't know if I can. I'll put up all my savings, sell my home. . . everything I own to get someone who will do for them. undecided
Re: Grandmother Gives Birth To Her Own Triplet Granddaughters by Angolobabe(f): 6:39pm On Nov 13, 2008
interesting story
Re: Grandmother Gives Birth To Her Own Triplet Granddaughters by hotstuff06(f): 8:30pm On Nov 13, 2008
Sisi Jinx:

Wow!!!! You are a better woman than I am.

Sisi Jinx, I wouldn't say that.

Remember there could be something else you could that I would not even dare. For some reason, I just feel so strongly about this, of course I pray it will never come to that, but if it is as a last resort, I would not hesitate.
Re: Grandmother Gives Birth To Her Own Triplet Granddaughters by LadyT(f): 8:33pm On Nov 13, 2008
No way.
Re: Grandmother Gives Birth To Her Own Triplet Granddaughters by geniuspro: 8:49pm On Nov 13, 2008
hmm,

Different women with different opinions. This life sha!

(1) (Reply)

Am Confused / What Kind Of Marriage Is This / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.