Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,215 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

4 Years Is Enough To Fix Poor Power Situation - (GEJ, 2011) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 4 Years Is Enough To Fix Poor Power Situation - (GEJ, 2011) (5071 Views)

Rights Group Plans Protest Over Poor Power Supply - PUNCH / Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? / Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Years Is Enough To Fix Poor Power Situation - (GEJ, 2011) by obailala(m): 4:42pm On Oct 17, 2014
I was just going through archives and I bumped into this piece which was an authoritative declaration by Jonathan in 2011; how time flies!!

[size=13pt]I‘ll not contest 2015 election – Jonathan[/size]
ANKARA, TURKEY — President Goodluck Jonathan, yesterday, said he has no ambition to stay in office beyond 2015, assuring Nigerians in Diaspora that while he will not contest the 2015 election, he will ensure that this year’s election is free and fair.

The President promised that if voted in for the next four years, he would ensure significant improvement in key sectors of the economy — security, power, education, road, health amongst others.

“Without security, there is no government. So it is not debatable, it is something we have to addressed and we are working towards that with vigour. But [size=13pt]if I’m voted into power within the next four years, the issue of power will become a thing of the past. Four years is enough for anyone in power to make significant improvement and if I can’t improve on power within this period, it then means I cannot do anything even if I am there for the next four years.”[/size]

Jonathan said this while interacting with Nigerians mainly diplomats working in the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa, UNECA, and the African Union, AU, in Addis-Ababa.
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/02/i-ll-not-contest-2015-election-jonathan/#sthash.r1UU47lZ.dpuf

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/02/i-ll-not-contest-2015-election-jonathan/

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 4 Years Is Enough To Fix Poor Power Situation - (GEJ, 2011) by Adedayo516(m): 4:46pm On Oct 17, 2014
JSMMUYIWA... Coughs... While I was running away I stumbled upon this... Picks coke and continues running..

2 Likes

Re: 4 Years Is Enough To Fix Poor Power Situation - (GEJ, 2011) by obailala(m): 4:49pm On Oct 17, 2014
"...if I can’t improve on power within this period, it then means I cannot do anything even if I am there for the next four years.”

Very strong words!

It seems our leaders are always shameless and don't give a damn even as they eat their own words! undecided

10 Likes

Re: 4 Years Is Enough To Fix Poor Power Situation - (GEJ, 2011) by feelamong(m): 4:59pm On Oct 17, 2014
HMMMMM......4 YEARS NEVER REACH?

YET MY POWER ISSUES HAS EVEN GONE WORSE..

1 Like

Re: 4 Years Is Enough To Fix Poor Power Situation - (GEJ, 2011) by dulaman: 5:02pm On Oct 17, 2014
this will not make front page I swear.seun. 3 and half years ago fah. but buhari 15 year old thread made frontpage
Re: 4 Years Is Enough To Fix Poor Power Situation - (GEJ, 2011) by FastShipping: 5:03pm On Oct 17, 2014
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

2 Likes

Re: 4 Years Is Enough To Fix Poor Power Situation - (GEJ, 2011) by obailala(m): 5:08pm On Oct 17, 2014
dulaman:
this will not make front page I swear.seunnnn
Hahaha!.. such topics can never make the front page. Seun and most of his lieutenants are unapologetic PDP sympathisers grin

6 Likes

Re: 4 Years Is Enough To Fix Poor Power Situation - (GEJ, 2011) by Omimah: 5:39pm On Oct 17, 2014
OP, I bet this, which is just 3 years ago will hardly hit the front page like that of Idumuose on Buhari which was 13 years ago hit the front page.

3 Likes

Re: 4 Years Is Enough To Fix Poor Power Situation - (GEJ, 2011) by Canme4u(m): 5:47pm On Oct 17, 2014
@OP what do you expect from Clueless Presido?? Even if we give him 20 years with his cluelessness he wont even give us 5hours light.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Years Is Enough To Fix Poor Power Situation - (GEJ, 2011) by Nobody: 6:22pm On Oct 17, 2014
Re: 4 Years Is Enough To Fix Poor Power Situation - (GEJ, 2011) by Nobody: 6:22pm On Oct 17, 2014
I
Re: 4 Years Is Enough To Fix Poor Power Situation - (GEJ, 2011) by danaiks(m): 6:22pm On Oct 17, 2014
obailala:

Hahaha!.. such topics can never make the front page. Seun and most of his lieutenants are unapologetic PDP sympathisers grin

Lol...sorry mahnn but it did grin
Jonathan must go next year.
Jonathan must be called to account for his words and actions.
Jonathan must just go
Jonaohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh grin
F9 = Power supply
F9 = Infrastructure
F9 = War on corruption
F9 = War on security
F9 = Leadership

We are okay with the state of things - enough is enough.But he must go.

5 Likes

Re: 4 Years Is Enough To Fix Poor Power Situation - (GEJ, 2011) by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 17, 2014
Janus Azikiwe. The bloody two timing double faced b@st@rd. undecided
Re: 4 Years Is Enough To Fix Poor Power Situation - (GEJ, 2011) by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 17, 2014
He is a self indicting , clueless and hopelessly corrupt president.

5 Likes

Re: 4 Years Is Enough To Fix Poor Power Situation - (GEJ, 2011) by kolomax(m): 6:23pm On Oct 17, 2014
Oga jo this naaaa 6years oooo things are going from bad to worst

1 Like

They say these things when they are high,after they get elected,they get low on plans for the nation.
Re: 4 Years Is Enough To Fix Poor Power Situation - (GEJ, 2011) by austinbrown: 6:23pm On Oct 17, 2014
In a developed country it takes 80 to 90 yrs, ndi ala
Re: 4 Years Is Enough To Fix Poor Power Situation - (GEJ, 2011) by Dahmum(f): 6:25pm On Oct 17, 2014
grin' grin Dont forget he used Sugar to coat his mouth when given his Manifesto, thankz to God for changing dat Sugar in his mouth to Bitter leave.SMH
Re: 4 Years Is Enough To Fix Poor Power Situation - (GEJ, 2011) by tunde1200(m): 6:26pm On Oct 17, 2014
GEJ can not fix power with his sluggish ways never
Re: 4 Years Is Enough To Fix Poor Power Situation - (GEJ, 2011) by Nobody: 6:27pm On Oct 17, 2014
The man was only talking as a politician and really wasn't in touch with the technical reality involved. Now he knows better. We are not there yet but we are steadily advancing.
Re: 4 Years Is Enough To Fix Poor Power Situation - (GEJ, 2011) by Nobody: 6:27pm On Oct 17, 2014
Why is he rambling like a headless chicken? Will you contest or you won't? Tell us straight. Nigerian politicians having a sugar-coated mouth since Year 1 grin cheesy
Re: 4 Years Is Enough To Fix Poor Power Situation - (GEJ, 2011) by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 17, 2014
GEJ...
“Without security, there is no government. So it is not debatable, it is something we have to addressed and we are working towards that with vigour
Thank you Sir, we have no Government and you shall be kicked out in 2015.

With Love From APC

4 Likes

Re: 4 Years Is Enough To Fix Poor Power Situation - (GEJ, 2011) by ayobase(m): 6:38pm On Oct 17, 2014
he must have realised that he needs another term to finish what he has started.

Man promises and fails. Only God can promise without failing, but He can also change His mind about a course if there are anomalies.

He just wanna contest. He hasn't said he MUST win.

so, why the fuss!

CHANGE IS CONSTANT.

1 Like

Re: 4 Years Is Enough To Fix Poor Power Situation - (GEJ, 2011) by omerta(f): 6:39pm On Oct 17, 2014
obailala:

Dude, in case Seun bans you (which he most likely would), let us know via pm.
Re: 4 Years Is Enough To Fix Poor Power Situation - (GEJ, 2011) by ayobase(m): 6:41pm On Oct 17, 2014
obailala:

Very strong words!

It seems our leaders are always shameless and don't give a damn even as they eat their own words! undecided

so, power hasn't improved.....do u just hate without reasons?

even a baby of 5mins old knows power has improved.

talk another thing.
Re: 4 Years Is Enough To Fix Poor Power Situation - (GEJ, 2011) by ayobase(m): 6:44pm On Oct 17, 2014
Canme4u:
@OP what do you expect from Clueless Presido?? Even if we give him 20 years with his cluelessness he wont even give us 5hours light.

it is either you are a troglodyte or ......

u wanna hate, hate with logic.
Re: 4 Years Is Enough To Fix Poor Power Situation - (GEJ, 2011) by edgyslim: 6:45pm On Oct 17, 2014
The PDP e-rats will avoid this thread like a plague.
Re: 4 Years Is Enough To Fix Poor Power Situation - (GEJ, 2011) by jihday(m): 6:46pm On Oct 17, 2014
He didn't want to contest but Nigerians begged him to thru TAN tongue
Re: 4 Years Is Enough To Fix Poor Power Situation - (GEJ, 2011) by ayobase(m): 6:55pm On Oct 17, 2014
Keneking:
Jonathan must go next year.
Jonathan must be called to account for his words and actions.
Jonathan must just go
Jonaohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh grin
F9 = Power supply
F9 = Infrastructure
F9 = War on corruption
F9 = War on security
F9 = Leadership

We are okay with the state of things - enough is enough.But he must go.

Power supply, F9. Then what will u score Syria.
Syria crisis started 2011 and almost half of the country is captured. Has Boko Haram being able to achieve this . Remember Boko Haram madness started before 2011.

War within and war without are different.

F9 in infrastructure? Where have u been. Even people outside Nigeria know that projects are ongoing.

War on corruption, E8 or D7 would have beeb better.

power supply has drastically improved since 2011.

Leadership. are u blaming GEJ for people u voted in or the ones he appointed.

1 Like

Re: 4 Years Is Enough To Fix Poor Power Situation - (GEJ, 2011) by justitiaomnibus(m): 6:57pm On Oct 17, 2014
Eenhe.. Has power not improved in 4 years?

You expect Nigeria to generate and. Distribute power to 170million Nigerians in 4 years?

GEJ promised improvement, Power has improved and work is ongoing to achieve more.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Years Is Enough To Fix Poor Power Situation - (GEJ, 2011) by Nobody: 6:58pm On Oct 17, 2014
ayobase:

Power supply, F9. Then what will u score Syria.
Syria crisis started 2011 and almost half of the country is captured. Has Boko Haram being able to achieve this . Remember Boko Haram madness started before 2011.

War within and war without are different.

F9 in infrastructure? Where have u been. Even people outside Nigeria know that projects are ongoing.

War on corruption, E8 or D7 would have beeb better.

power supply has drastically improved since 2011.

Leadership. are u blaming GEJ for people u voted in or the ones he appointed.

Despite all this comments above, Jonathan must go next year. QED

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Is What Nigeria Looks Like To Me, As The Giant Of Africa. Just One Photo / Buhari Under Pressure, Face Hard Options / The 17 Countries With The Worst Quality Of Life In The World.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.