Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,744 members, 7,831,376 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet - Computers (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet (56791 Views)

How To Unlock Multilinks Evdo Modem To Work With Mtn Network / Surf The Net Without Using Mtn Data Card/evdo / Hp Pavilion Laptop Dv6700 With Starcomms Evdo Data Card: Help Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by lynxnoon(m): 9:01am On Jun 03, 2009
nairafan:

Hayprof,

Please advice me which service is the best for Asokoro, Abuja. I have visafone currently but it is not good at alll. Thanks
y dnt u try DirectOnPC? i tink dey hv coverage in asokoro, chk out dia website sha (www.directonpc.com)
cheers wink
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by hayprof(m): 9:44am On Jun 04, 2009
@nairafan, i heard there's rev A on starcomms Evdo in Abuja, compared to d rev O dat we have in lagos here.
Visit any starcomms office in Asokoro for info on wat device, speed nd pricing. Do get bak to d thread b4 ur final decision to acquire any'. . .gd luk!
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by nairafan: 11:05pm On Jun 04, 2009
Thanks everyone. I have not decided on any yet , today I checked out Ipnx but am not impressed because of the limit thing and cost. tomorrow will visit starcomms.
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by netotse(m): 10:08am On Jun 05, 2009
there's no starcomms office in asokoro o. . .go to the one on durban street off adetokunbo ademola cresc. . .
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by tolala(m): 7:13am On Jul 07, 2009
guys i just bought this multilinks telkom thingy,got 500hrs with 90days validity, my question is how do i know how much i have used, as in checking my balance, pls holla bad pips!
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by samshoz(m): 12:10pm On Jul 08, 2009
Hi guys, where or can i get very affordable internet connection for my desktop not more than 3k. Kindly help me out
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by ooops: 9:00pm On Jul 31, 2009
I got this connection (Multi-Links Telkom 3G Blue Broadband) on 22/06/09, after reading a post in this forum. It worked superbly in the first 2 weeks. I could actually watch videos on YOUTUBE without breaking. Download speed was also excellent.  The speed was like WAOW! OMG!. It was really a wonderful experience.

However, with time (barely 3 weeks) came a drastic decline in the speed. As I type, the speed is now worse than their regular Dial-Up service. No exaggerations. It takes time to load even Google! Most times when you are browsing, it redirects you automatically to Prepaid Nigeria's website. Then you have to reconnect to get thing back to normal. At other times you are disconnected for hours without any reason. I dare not even type YOUTUBE in my browser anymore. The speed is frustratingly slow  cry

I guess it is a Nigerian thing, so I am not complaining. I have had my share of bad experiences with other networks so it really is not new. I knew too well it was just a matter of time before they mess things up. It is really sad  sad

Anyway, I have resumed my search once again for a "better network". If you got something super fast (minus STARCOMMS, MULTI-LINKS TELKOM, RELTEL ZOOM, VISA PHONE, INTERCELLULAR, MTN, GLO ZAIN and DOPC) and reasonably affordable, hit me up.

All I want is a reliable super fast Internet connection, is this too much to ask from my beloved country?

TEXT MESSAGES FROM MULTI-LINKS TELKOM

Number: 7777
Content:
For an AMAZING Internet experience, enjoy unlimited internet access on Multi-Links Telkom Broadband Service. Visit any of our offices and get started.
Time: 23/07/2009 17:04:15
Text message priority: Normal

Number: 7777
Content:
Dear customer, internet services are currently affected due to international problems beyond the control of MLTL Telkom. The problem is being worked on.
Time: 25/07/2009 20:21:51
Text message priority: Normal
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by lynxnoon(m): 9:38pm On Jul 31, 2009
samshoz:

Hi guys, where or can i get very affordable internet connection for my desktop not more than 3k. Kindly help me out
MTN nite plan
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by kusehin(m): 2:10am On Sep 03, 2009
To be honest, the last few weeks was not the best for Multilinks Telkom due to the failure of SAT 3 network connectivity but as at today, the network is fully back. The speed has retured to 900kbps and downloading rate @ 3.1mbps. For the process of checking what your balance is, very soon, you will be able to know that but in the interim, kindly always call 111 to know the balances on your modem. For any other enquiries, feel free to get across to me but not at odd hours.
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by goggs(m): 8:31am On Sep 03, 2009
@ kusehin

you sound as though you work at multilinks. got their 1x table top some 10 weeks back, all was fine till three weeks ago. I know about the sat 3 stuff but in the past one week including yesterday, i would load up with credit, multilinks will deduct their data charges and yet i wouldnt be able to browse. Its so frustrating. Calling 111 is useless as its always busy. Managed to get a number to Abuja Customer care. An obviously tired lady made it sound as if it was my fault to loose money on their network. 'Oh God why did you load now? there is a problem with the dial up!' she told me, as if i work there and should know better. She had no idea when it will be up and running and asked me to keep calling back. I was pissed.

Its just that my choices in Gwagwalada, Abuja are so limited. No starcomms, no MTN 3G (infact GPRS sef hasnt worked in two weeks), No Glo 3G, even multilinks runs just 1x, No EVDO. And to think this town hosts a University! No wonder the free campus wireless and wired networks are always choked. On a good day its 3Mbps download and 1Mbps Upload. However, the operators (SSANU) are on strike. i am forced to use zoom, its sooooooooo slow. Its faster to jump on a plane and fetch the page yourself grin (ok, just kidding).

I am doomed.
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by ThinkRait: 12:48pm On Sep 14, 2009
Heard d service is pretty fast. Can anyone state the cost of getting the EVDO package and the subscription rate. plus do they have flexible plans?
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by Abellybaba: 3:47am On Sep 21, 2009
The EV-DO is N14,000 plus a plan of 50 hours that will last for only a month for N3,400 or 100 hours for about 5,500N so there is 250 hours also but if you wanna use my plan email me talk2abellybaba@yahoo.com and ask me for more details, Thanks
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by hayprof(m): 3:37pm On Sep 21, 2009
lol, see Multilinks Broadband Complains ! embarassed
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by Phony200(m): 6:13pm On Sep 21, 2009
Abellybaba:

The EV-DO is N14,000 plus a plan of 50 hours that will last for only a month for N3,400 or 100 hours for about 5,500N so there is 250 hours also but if you wanna use my plan email me talk2abellybaba@yahoo.com and ask me for more details, Thanks

Holla me phony2200@yahoo.com. I'm interested.
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by lynxnoon(m): 12:33am On Sep 22, 2009
hayprof:

lol, see Multilinks Broadband Complains ! embarassed
lol
all dis naija ISPs r d same jare angry grin
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by Phony200(m): 8:48am On Sep 22, 2009
Got it this morning, welcome speed was very fast, Youtube streamed without breaking for 15-20 secs and short buffer times, download speed was touching on 150kbs. Good enough but I don't know how long that might last. If there's anything ISPs lack in this coutry, it's consistency.
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by hayprof(m): 9:56am On Sep 23, 2009
Consistency is the main ish' angry
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by bularuz(m): 1:17pm On Sep 23, 2009
hello house, does anyone know how to check the hours remain in multi-links blue broadband internet
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by Dclique(m): 4:32am On Sep 24, 2009
I think you have to call their c.care and ask.
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by Phony200(m): 9:17am On Sep 25, 2009
Dclique:

I think you have to call their c.care and ask.

Yep, that's the only way. Update, it's stil pretty fast but the billing system is suspect and stops browsing suddenly ever couple of hours, Oh well, it's better than the worst and at least I have like 2 new movies everyday so it's not too bad.
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by ProAnti: 2:48pm On Sep 26, 2009
I'm browsing wit a MultiLinks EVDO modem I acquired a week ago. I hvnt downloaded any movies but my downloads hv gotten up to 250MB.
Pls how do I maximise my 3400 Naira. I subscribed for 50Hours but I cant recall d download limit.
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by unknown101: 9:35pm On Oct 02, 2009
lol, multilinks tel com, they are so stupid i keep recharging and they didn't let me connect, am very sure their enginere has something to do with this shitx and i keep calling there customers care center stupid ladies and there guys are telling me shit to restart and shit i hope u guys are not also facing this problem,cos i think its a scam from theirengineering cos i heard they be paying 10k for 500hrs instead of 12k5,God will surely Bleep there 3g shit, peace
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by colinboo: 2:02am On Oct 03, 2009
The multinlink #g is hot now , and very fat download and affordable i was sung starcomms before now stwich to mutlilinks so fast , they also have hours now and beta than starcomms.
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by Dclique(m): 3:18pm On Oct 03, 2009
Lol, Haba!!
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by hayprof(m): 7:23pm On Oct 03, 2009
@coli, wat av u spoketh ? tongue
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by Dclique(m): 12:51am On Oct 05, 2009
I tire o!
D bros dey vex. Lmao.
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by laykay(m): 10:47am On Oct 08, 2009
Hello guys pls how can i configure my multilinks blue broadband someone gave my sister n we tried connecting but keep getting invalid username or password pls wat is d username n password?
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by hayprof(m): 10:27am On Oct 09, 2009
@kay, Call Multilinks Customer Care !
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by olasalam(m): 8:10am On Oct 13, 2009
At laykay: username is ur modem no(minus d 1st zero) @bluebroadband.com e.g 7091234567@bluebroadband.com
pswd is 1234 (unless odawise stated) or if it has been changed, (because u can change it).
Beta stil, ask d person dat gave it 2u, they must've told him/er.
Calling c-care may not help u as dey will presume u stole it, unless u go 2 dr office wt proof of ownership, c of o, mot, roadworthness, hackney permit, etc :-) (, joking)
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by laykay(m): 12:40pm On Oct 13, 2009
thnks mate, it worked i had to call the customer care
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by abes(m): 5:08pm On Oct 23, 2009
Hi all
Is the service available in ibadan (felele to be precise)?
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by lyfe(m): 8:20pm On Oct 23, 2009
@abes
The Multilinks telekoms EV-DO service is live and fast in IB, I stay in a remote area and the EV-DO service is bam,
The have their own ish but I am connecting free.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How Do I Connect Two Laptops Together Wirelessly / To Transfer Pictures From Computer To Digital Camera / Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.