Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,784 members, 7,810,044 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:15 PM

Twenty Reasons To Stop Tithing - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Twenty Reasons To Stop Tithing (3334 Views)

My Whatsapp Chat With A New Young Pastor In My Church As Regard Tithing / Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here / Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twenty Reasons To Stop Tithing by PastorKun(m): 8:20am On Oct 22, 2014
Trailblazer1:

Interesting, where was the last place of worship you visited?

My last place of worship was my bedroom. tongue I worship God anywhere I choose to.

1 Like

Re: Twenty Reasons To Stop Tithing by PastorKun(m): 8:23am On Oct 22, 2014
Trailblazer1:

I put it to you that you don't know the meaning of the word 'disobedience' . How does doing what you are not asked to do amount to disobedience?
It seems you can't answer my simple question: payment of tithe, is it a good deed or an evil deed?

Given that the modern tithe practise is derived from twisting the biblical tithes and we know it is evil to twist the word of God, we can safely conclude the preaching of tithes in churches today is evil. And those paying the tithes as an obligation are merely victims of this evil fraud.

1 Like

Re: Twenty Reasons To Stop Tithing by Trailblazer1(m): 8:43am On Oct 22, 2014
PastorKun:

My last place of worship was my bedroom. tongue I worship God anywhere I choose to.

I hate to do this, but its now obvious that you are unstable as the waters. If you are this crafty, then you lack the moral right to interprete the scriptures.
I tell you verily; there is no light in you.
I pity those that took you serious.

1 Like

Re: Twenty Reasons To Stop Tithing by Trailblazer1(m): 9:03am On Oct 22, 2014
PastorKun:

Given that the modern tithe practise is derived from twisting the biblical tithes and we know it is evil to twist the word of God, we can safely conclude the preaching of tithes in churches today is evil. And those paying the tithes as an obligation are merely victims of this evil fraud.

Dear followers,
 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.(1 John 4:1)

1 Like

Re: Twenty Reasons To Stop Tithing by ayo4dworld(m): 9:26am On Oct 22, 2014
I know you will pay dearly for this. Because it is something bad to mislead people from the truth. Never you twist the word of God to prove your point.

Revelation 22:18-19King James Version (KJV)

18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

What do you have to say concerning this

18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Many Christians struggles to pay tithe that they need more encouragement to continue to pay tithe. Now you are even complicating matters to prove them right of not paying tithe.

Malachi 3:8-12King James Version (KJV)

8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.

9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.

10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the Lord of hosts.

12 And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the Lord of hosts.

The bible say God will rebuke devourers for our sake if we pay our tithes, and also cause the windows of heaven open unto us. Never let people miss this beautiful covenant blessings.

You must be part of the people that only see the New testament as bible alone, which is very wrong. If you don't have any word to say to encourage the children of God, it's better you keep calm than turning people away from the truth with your posts. I am very sure one or two might have been conviced with this twisted lesson of yours.
Re: Twenty Reasons To Stop Tithing by vooks: 10:15am On Oct 22, 2014
They struggle to keep the Law that was nailed to the cross. The fact they struggle so much just proves that Christ death was so necessary! cheesy

Worse thing is they can't even keep it
ayo4dworld:
I know you will pay dearly for this. Because it is something bad to mislead people from the truth. Never you twist the word of God to prove your point.

Many Christians struggles to pay tithe that they need more encouragement to continue to pay tithe. Now you are even complicating matters to prove them right of not paying tithe.

8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.

10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the Lord of hosts.

12 And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the Lord of hosts.

The bible say God will rebuke devourers for our sake if we pay our tithes, and also cause the windows of heaven open unto us. Never let people miss this beautiful covenant blessings.

You must be part of the people that only see the New testament as bible alone, which is very wrong. If you don't have any word to say to encourage the children of God, it's better you keep calm than turning people away from the truth with your posts. I am very sure one or two might have been conviced with this twisted lesson of yours.

2 Likes

Re: Twenty Reasons To Stop Tithing by daryoor(m): 12:46pm On Oct 22, 2014
Ok ok. I just sit down dey hear all of una dey argue dey sip my vodka and juice.

Someone established that the bible demanded we pay in the old testament, anoda gave numerous verses on why we shouldn't. Then the story of the adulterous woman came to my mind. God gave moses laws in the old testament on which commanded we stone any woman commiting adultery(the guy goes scot free, smiley ), jesus condemed the jungle justice stating no one is worthy to take a fellow sinners life rendering that rule absolutely useless. Added to this I the approval of the kill of witches in the old testament.

Why am I writing this epistle, if you know that you are a christain, that you are not practiceing judaism, overwrite the old testament with the new testament. Jesus didn't say you must pay tithe o. Jesus didn't say you must pay first fruit o. Jesus want to to help the needy, he prefers that to giving your already obesse pastor a ferrari, or buying expensive musical instrument.

I love christ I don't like christainity. *continues sippin my @#??**

2 Likes

Re: Twenty Reasons To Stop Tithing by Banks92(m): 2:42pm On Oct 22, 2014
@daryoor
u are so on point..u guys should seek d truth...**joins him at d table with a bottle of magic moment vodka,juice still remain?**

1 Like

Re: Twenty Reasons To Stop Tithing by daryoor(m): 2:56pm On Oct 22, 2014
Banks92:
@daryoor
u are so on point..u guys should seek d truth...**joins him at d table with a bottle of magic moment vodka,juice still remain?**

Fills @banks92 red cup with 2/3 vodka 1/ juice smiley
I'm thinking of collecting a loan to start my own ministry o, make dem contribute first fruit for me sef.

I go one church one day plenty members no get car, one pastor con tok say: "that car our daddy is driving is not befitting enough" na so them start dey drop bar. Jesus no get horse o, e boro donkey enter jerusalem make una hear make pastor enta alaba go husle too

1 Like

Re: Twenty Reasons To Stop Tithing by PastorKun(m): 3:38pm On Oct 22, 2014
Trailblazer1:

I hate to do this, but its now obvious that you are unstable as the waters. If you are this crafty, then you lack the moral right to interprete the scriptures.
I tell you verily; there is no light in you.
I pity those that took you serious.

All these ranting just because I refuse to give you the name of the place I worship? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Twenty Reasons To Stop Tithing by PastorKun(m): 3:40pm On Oct 22, 2014
Trailblazer1:

Dear followers,
 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.(1 John 4:1)

It's actually the tithe preachers who twist God's word for money that are the false prophets being referred to in that passage. tongue

1 Like

Re: Twenty Reasons To Stop Tithing by PastorKun(m): 3:44pm On Oct 22, 2014
ayo4dworld:

Has it occurred to you that it is tithe preachers that are adding to the word of God and are the ones being cursed in the revelations passage you posted. It is clear that biblical tithes is not money contrary to the lies preached today and biblical tithes was directed strictly to the israelites and never to christians.

It is those who redefine God's tithe and mis apply it to christians that are under a curse and not those of us standing by the truth.

1 Like

Re: Twenty Reasons To Stop Tithing by Banks92(m): 3:45pm On Oct 22, 2014
daryoor:

Fills @banks92 red cup with 2/3 vodka 1/ juice smiley
one church one day plenty members no get car, one pastor con tok say: "that car our daddy is driving is not befitting enough" na so them start dey drop bar. Jesus no get horse o, e boro donkey enter jerusalem make una hear make pastor enta alaba go husle too
Imagine!!!.na xo pastor's go buy private jet,come carry bodyguards join..Omo my room mates don dey tire 4 me cuz anytime i feel lyk to go church na xo i go dey ask who get change cuz na 10 or 20naira me dey giv o..i rather buy food for a hungry broda

1 Like

Re: Twenty Reasons To Stop Tithing by ayo4dworld(m): 9:29am On Oct 24, 2014
PastorKun:

Has it occurred to you that it is tithe preachers that are adding to the word of God and are the ones being cursed in the revelations passage you posted. It is clear that biblical tithes is not money contrary to the lies preached today and biblical tithes was directed strictly to the israelites and never to christians.

It is those who redefine God's tithe and mis apply it to christians that are under a curse and not those of us standing by the truth.
My brother, if you are not convinced paying tithe, don't pay it is your own cup of tea, No one is forcing you to pay tithe sir. Those that are paying their tithes are getting blessed over time, that's why they don't stop paying. Tithe is also an act of faith, if you don't believe in it you will not receive the blessing in it even though you are paying. The Bible also said we should honour God with our first fruits, it is not compulsory like that of tithes, but those that pay their first fruits honours God. There are great blessings in honouring God, those that pay their first fruits will not miss this great blessings, not at all.

Even the Pastors, members pay their tithes too also have superior fathers that they all pay tithes too. So uou can see that Nobody is excluded from giving tithes.

Nobody is forcing you to pay tithes sir, if you are not convinced of not paying tithes is left to you, it is not your duty to convince others not to pay. Never let the children of God miss great blessing behind tithe paying, Please!
Re: Twenty Reasons To Stop Tithing by PastorKun(m): 10:45am On Oct 24, 2014
ayo4dworld:
My brother, if you are not convinced paying tithe, don't pay it is your own cup of tea, No one is forcing you to pay tithe sir. Those that are paying their tithes are getting blessed over time, that's why they don't stop paying. Tithe is also an act of faith, if you don't believe in it you will not receive the blessing in it even though you are paying. The Bible also said we should honour God with our first fruits, it is not compulsory like that of tithes, but those that pay their first fruits honours God. There are great blessings in honouring God, those that pay their first fruits will not miss this great blessings, not at all.

Even the Pastors, members pay their tithes too also have superior fathers that they all pay tithes too. So uou can see that Nobody is excluded from giving tithes.

Nobody is forcing you to pay tithes sir, if you are not convinced of not paying tithes is left to you, it is not your duty to convince others not to pay. Never let the children of God miss great blessing behind tithe paying, Please!

Doctrines of men being presented as the word of God. No matter how much you promote this lie, fact remains that there is no christian requirement to tithe of one's income in the bible neither is there a single shred of blessing attached to it. All I am doing is revealing the truth to those who have been deceived into falling for the tithing scam. I am not forcing anyone not to tithe but I should be free to tell fellow believers the truth if hustlers like your self are not impeded from lying to believers.

1 Like

Re: Twenty Reasons To Stop Tithing by vooks: 10:50am On Oct 24, 2014
I have heard a cheeky argument that tithers give 'more' than non-tithers. In all likelihood, Muslims pray more than Christians. Jehovah's Witnesses knock on more doors than the average believer and the average Catholic takes more Holy Communion than the average Christian.

So, does MORE mean more devotion or spirituality or isn't it legalism at play?

Mormons are the biggest givers. That is the effect of the legalism and pious blackmail

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls Give Good Reasons Why You Cannot Be Elevated To The Status Of A Moderator / Prayer Fix It If You Believe(See this Story) / A Thread About Christian Terrorists, Paedophiles And Fraudsters!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.