Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

This Diwali, Avoid Crackers, Say No To Pollution - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / This Diwali, Avoid Crackers, Say No To Pollution (3652 Views)

Diwali Poems In Hindi Of 10 Lines | Diwali Poems In Hindi Language For Kids / Diwali Hindi Nibandh | Diwali Short Essays In Hindi Wikipedia, PDF, Font / Say No To Child Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Diwali, Avoid Crackers, Say No To Pollution by Nobody: 1:58am On Oct 19, 2014
“India is a developing country.” That’s what I read when I was a kid and today my child is learning the same phrase. That makes me sad.
What is the reason? Corruption, leaders, or something else?
Actually, none of them!
Its us! We, the people of India are the reason. Our ignorance that makes us believe that a messiah will come to save us. That’s the attitude we definitely need to give up.
I want to discuss a very tiny topic here. It’s Deepavali, a holy festival of lights. That spreads happiness and prosperity.
But there is a small problem, the crackers!
In last few decades, the trend of bursting crackers has evolved. Seems, there is a race of bursting cracker and the one with loudest sound will win.
Unfortunately, It is nothing more than a shameful show off of money. Sorry about being so straight-forward but bursting crackers doesn’t make any sense. Does it?
Deepavali is a “hindu” festival. Hindu! Which is not a religion, its a way of living. And as far as I know, Hinduism has always been very proactive about nature. Be it their Yajna for forests(yagya) or their awareness for purity of the nature, it has always promoted love and care for the nature. How can a festival of Hindus be so cruel to the nature nature?
Never! Diwali was never about polluting the eco-system. It is more than bursting firecrackers, It definitely much more than that. It marks the victory of good over evil, light over darkness, knowledge over ignorance, purity over pollution.
Diwali promotes cleanliness. It resembles beginning of a new calender. It symbolizes celebration but that celebration can never come at a cost of mother nature.
It’s just a Single day celebration, harm is negligible.
Really? This one Diwali night pollutes the eco-system as much as it gets polluted in whole year. That’s what report says.
One night of Diwali adds over 6000 metric ton of additional toxic garbage to the city. (4000 in New Delhi & 8000 in Mumbai). And this waste contains poisonous chemicals like phosphorous and ammonia.diwali message pic Avoid Crackers, Celebrate a Pollution free Diwali Speech or Short Note
On this one Diwali night, the noise pollution level goes tippler than the allowable noise level, causing serious problems to elders, infants and patients of your city.
The fume that pollutes the air by making it so toxic that one inhale of that polluted air is equal to the harm caused by 13 cigarettes altogether. Just one night of celebration it was!
Just because of this one night cracker bursting, thousand of children are indulged in firecracker industry and many loose their lives because of incidents and health disease they get from the factory. Isn’t that awful?
diwali meme1 Avoid Crackers, Celebrate a Pollution free Diwali Speech or Short NoteA developing nation which finds it difficult to grant 450 crores to its interplanetary mission, proudly burns 600 crore rupees, that too on crackers and get hiked pollution level in return. That’s completely illogical.
And if we still think that why should we care? Then we have no right to expect good days for us. Remember, We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.
You don’t say anything when they slaughter animals
Well, I have a Muslim friend who is an atheist now. He was so disheartened by this festival that he chose not to believe in any almighty.
But, What went wrong with him?
His belief on religion burst. He tried hard but his logical mind could not justify the senseless harm to the nature, that too on the name of its creator.
Do not let that happen. Do not compare yourself with others. If you think you are above them, just show it instead of comparing it.

Otherwise a day will come when our generations will follow the same path that my friend did. Hinduism is a way of living and I’ll say it again, Diwali is much more than bursting crackers.
Spread love not fumes. Celebrate a pollution-free Diwali.

Share this message to as much people as you can. Make your friends aware. Tell them the actual meaning of Diwali. Share this content with your friends on social media. Use banners and promote pollution free Diwali.

http://holisms.in/avoid-crackers-celebrate-pollution-free-diwali-speech-short-note.xhtml

(1) (Reply)

Story: Friend Or Foe / The Journal Of An Armed Robber / Inspiring Thoughts Of Michael Ogah Aka Ankara Boi of X-Factor ( A Compendum )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.