Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,323 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:49 AM

Content Writing. How To Go About It In 2022. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Content Writing. How To Go About It In 2022. (3430 Views)

Content Writing. How To Go About It In 2022. / Content Writing. How To Go About It In 2022. / Tears And Writing--how To.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Content Writing. How To Go About It In 2022. by Nobody: 12:21pm On Feb 12, 2022
I have tried working with some writers and I was disappointed with what they have offered so far. I know that are many skillful writers even better than me, but they do not know what is required in 2022.

You aren't writing for yourself, but writing for your audience. It is like playing music to an audience. Do you play what you like, or what your audience likes? Of course, you play what your audience wants to hear. This is the rule of the game.

This is why many of you can't get a good job. Please, I am not first a writer. I branched into writing because I realize it is one good skill needed for marketing. It is a skill demanded all over the world even in 2022. Of course, it has been a hot cake for even more than 5 yeas so far. The prediction is that it will continue to be a booming industry for many more years.

I just want to put what you need to do here briefly. I do not intend teaching anyone, but a veg smart read here can improve his life with some clues I will drop here. Also, I am dropping it here so that you have an idea of what I need before you contact me when I need to work with writers again.

2 Likes

Re: Content Writing. How To Go About It In 2022. by Nobody: 12:39pm On Feb 12, 2022
Two Main Platforms Needed
Whether you want to for yourself or get a job, it is the same approach you take when considering the platforms you want to use. You want to make your blog/website or that of your employers rank higher than it is present because you need high traffic. This is the main objective.

To achieve the above, you need to rank high on search engines. This is the goal.

Search Engines Market Share
Attach below. From this, you should know you should concentrate on ranking high on google.

How do you rank high on google
Via Search Engine Optimization. It is as simple as ABC. So, every content writer must learn SEO. If you do not know it, you cannot get a meaningful job. Your job is SEO Content Writing. With this, you can know what your audience what to read.

YouTube
YouTube is another platform. I want to let you know about it. It complements your blogs and can drive traffic to your websites.

While Social Media is OK, it is not the initial platform you should use. Have you ever seen anyone build long-lasting traffic via social media? If you have seen such, kindly let me know so I can use such as a case study. Using social media influencers will only spike up traffic which will go down as soon as you stop the rigorous campaign. But if you want a lasting way of getting high traffic, go for ranking high on google.

Re: Content Writing. How To Go About It In 2022. by Nobody: 12:29am On Feb 13, 2022
------ WRITING ------

Step 1
Learn Writing. Keep it simple. Use less complex sentences. It is not about just writng, but writing what people want. How many people read long novels these days? If you want to write that, you will have to look for your audience first. If you do not have an audience, do not go into it. You may need to write an ebook if you are into writing novel and market it on Amazon. Find your audience. Do not expect yours books to start selling themselves. You must engage in rigorous marketing.

Step 2
What should you write about? If you are looking for jobs, learn how to write what many people are interested in. Everyone is interested in good food. How to live long. Health in general. Also, modern people are interested in phones and computers. So, SaaS writing sells. Learn it well. There are tons of blockchain and cryptocurrencies blogs and websites coming out these days. Personal finance is cool also. Digital marketing is booming. Affiliate marketing is so jmoortsnt these days that it is now a skill many people have used to increase their incomes.

So, so yourself, how many people are interested in poetry that you keep focusing on it? Maybe only you and your colleagues. Lol. How many are interested in reading about your diary and your life? Who cares? Maybe only you. You may check it. Check if your immediate family members are even interested in reading about you. Lol.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Content Writing. How To Go About It In 2022. by Nobody: 12:45am On Feb 13, 2022
Search Engine Optimization

Keyword Research
Learn how to research keywords that can easily make you rank and use them as your content topics. I cannot explain everything here cos it is technical. This is the most important step to make you successful. If you do not know this, you cannot get a job, and you will continue not to be able to make any meaningful impact with your blog or website.

There are tools you can use but are out of reach of many here. Listen, you need to invest before you can start making profits. Most of these tools are web-based where you pay monthly or annually. There are free versions too but aren't that good. At the same time, you may even not use these tools. I have met people who have their unique style in making research.

The bottom line is that you want to choose keywords people read and these are not highly competitive. If you target keywords well-established websites target, you will not make it. You are competing against giants. So, you are crushed from the beginning of your battle. A wise warrior strategically penetrates gradually. You start sending parasites to the enemy's camp gradually. You do not get out in full force from the onset. There are approaches to getting it done that require real training.

If you have a personal blog and you write the correct articles and promote them well, you can make a reasonable income.

On Page Optimization
Learn this also.

Local SEO
Learn this too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Content Writing. How To Go About It In 2022. by Nobody: 1:30am On Feb 13, 2022
Websites
Develop your websites if you are running your blog. Learn WordPress. Do not employ Nigerian website builders because they do not know the right website approach. Learn it if you can, or you pay very well.

Note that this post is for people who want to set up their websites. Even you want to get a job, you should learn it because some employers may give you limited access to their WordPress site. If you cannot do it, they will not employ you no matter how skillful you are.

The latest update from Google in 2021 contains some rules which include "speed". Your website must be very fast. Optimize your website. Not everyone can do this, but very few people. Check the speed of your website. Check both mobile and desktop.

Pictures attached show that of Nairaland. It is poor. But Nairaland is a well-established site. If you have a new website and you have this score, you are going nowhere. If you have to spend very high to achieve a very good score, so be it. But the truth is that Nairaland arranged some things very well. When you investigate this site, you will appreciate some things done very well. I believe the speed can be improved easily. In my view, the owner is not paying attention to it. When you are already a king, you won't pay attention to some issues. Lol.

You may need to change the whole of your website. It may require you to change everything about it. Why? Those plugins and themes built in those days add more codes. Google engineers detected it is hard for Google to crawl easily if there are many codes like that on your websites; therefore, Google changed the algorithm. When Google sees too many of such codes on your website, it backs out. The implication is that it won't rank high your website, and it will take note of it to not go there again. So, if you have many of these issues and you get to the limit where Google says...ok... it's time to never crawl into this website, there is nothing you can do in the immediate period to help your site. If you are looking for a job, you do not need this.

It may require you to purchase another WordPress premium theme. I repeat, most website builders in Nigeria cannot do it. Theirs is to give you a working website, but with so many issues. Can you see how simple nairaland is? I used to think it is a "sh.itty" forum. But the simplicity has helped its speed. However, I still believe there are ways to make it more beautiful without compromising the speed. One important factor Google has included as I wrote earlier is to reduce the lines of codes as much as we can.

So, if you are the type who wants to use free themes and free everything for your website, forget it.

You cannot rank now easily like those blogs that started without SEO and optimization in those days. There wasn't enough competition then. If you are into gossip, you cannot easily beat the top blogs with 1 to 5 million monthly visits. How? You cannot. You start gradually knowing what to do. That's a battle you can not win easily if you do not get crushed.

Innovation is the ONLY weapon that kills giants like those. As long as there isn't anything new, forget it. Nokia and Motorola died when we all felt it wasn't impossible. Blackberry died too. Yahoo, Hotmail, MSN mails all died when Gmail started bringing out innovation back to back.

Those giants had previously dominated the world of web services before google defeated them. And another issue is that they were well established that they do not even need search engines to find them. They are already well known. Many people don't need to search for anything before typing nairaland in their web browsers. Who knows your domain name? You are nobody. So, your starting point is that when people search through Google, they find you at the top. Then, people will start knowing you more and more. And it may get to a stage they do not need to search again. They just type your domain name without searching.

Please, the above is not easy. Do not start asking me for shortcuts to beat Linda Ikeji or Nairaland. I do not have the recipe other than getting into the game gradually. And some battles aren't worth fighting.There are battle you might have lost before you even started.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Content Writing. How To Go About It In 2022. by BItt: 6:41am On Feb 13, 2022
this is a bright read

1 Like

Re: Content Writing. How To Go About It In 2022. by Nobody: 6:58am On Feb 13, 2022
Writing Format

Your articles should be minimum of 1,000 words for less informative ones. For well-detailed research, it should be 2,000 plus. It used to be over 4,000 words, but the Google algorithm showed lesser is better. So, Google changed the rule. You must answer questions people search for. Google knows those questions, so, you allow it to guide you. If you just write based on your intuition and your style, you are on your own. You aren't writing a novel, but writing for a well-established algorithm.

Some professional bloggers pay heavily for content planners. Let's say you are a writer, you employ a planner. He tells you details of what you need to write about. This planner is the engine of the success of your business. If you miss this, you will just work stu.pidly for the next 2 years till you get tired and abandon the blog. If you do it well, you should start earning meaningfully after 12 months, and then well established at 24. But if you get it wrong, you are on your own. Trust me, this is the most technical aspect you don't want to miss.

Yes, this is where I have pitched my tent, and it is why I work with writers. If I employ you, write according to my spec. If you write what you think is good, I won't pay you. And get your samples ready. What I even want to do is to pick less experienced writers cos they may be easy to work with. You can imagine a writer has no sample but keeps saying he is good. I just smiled the last time we discussed it. I told him... employers always need 1,000 words and 2,000 plus samples. Go get like 2 or 3 on medium, LinkedIn, etc where you can give links of your samples to interested employers. He kept lamenting about the past experience he had where he was not paid for a job. I was like..... Guy, I haven't asked you to write anything, but let me see your sample. This is what you need to show employers. It is part of your resume. He kept arguing. I can tell you that I told him politely I cannot work with him. It's simple. Such a person is wahala himself cos he will always be his hindrance if he doesn't let go of his past ugly experience. And I don't want to baby feed anyone, or even start slamming the person cos I want to push him to give me what I need. Nope. Gone are the days I did that.

So, I have decided to help you and also help myself with these posts. I am not looking for anyhow writers, but for personalities who are teachable.

Apprenticeship
At this stage who I am looking for are those who want to learn while they are paid the Nigerian standard fee. When you cool down, and you listen well and you learn, you can push yourself to well-paid employers. Most of you are not qualified for well-paid jobs. And it is a pity most of you have been long in this business. What a shame.

I am not that long in it. I crossed into it because I want to push to the world my interests. I went through digital marketing as a complete package, and I realized how effective content writing is when you do it well.

Let me say the truth here, I haven't moved a blog from level zero to 3,000 myself. But I have realized it is still possible. Do you know what I am presently doing? I decided to pay an expert who has done it over and over again (since 2004 with 4 new websites from $0 to an average of $3,500 monthly income). I have only leveraged using already well-established platforms. You know you can use Amazon and blah blah blah. But I am talking about a brand new blog to start ranking on high on Google and after 2 years becomes an income source of $3,500 monthly income. Can be more. Can even shoot to $15,000 depending on the industry you are in, and the kind of giants you can kill by out-outranking them.

It is not just about writing
So, can you see you need to partner with yourselves if you want to go far?

But for me, first on the list is a Christian blog where I just want to reach more people. I am not interested in monetizing it, but if possible, I will do it to just keep the site going. My focus is purely to preach the gospel. Yeah, there are other profitable ones I want to do and which I have started working on also, but the Christian site is my main priority. To tell you how I am open, I have a friend and also an enemy...lol...who is coming on board. I am saying this to let you know that talent acquisition is also technical. I don't care if you are my enemy. I'm good to work with you as long as you can deliver. That's it.

2 Likes

Re: Content Writing. How To Go About It In 2022. by Nobody: 6:59am On Feb 14, 2022
How to do it

keyword research & Find your niche
This is the hardest part. Make sure you niche down and get less competitive keywords which are still trending upward.

Tools:
Ahrefs, SemRush, Ubersuggest, Google trend, Google Planner, Moz, Long tail pro, etc.

Wordpress
Use a very good theme which is fast. Also, use an excellent builder.

Learn SEO
This is very essential. There are excellent professionals you can follow. Every writer has his favorites. Pick resources online and make sure you understand SEO very well. Make sure your materials are the current version. You do not want to learn old stuff.

Samples
Get your samples ready online. If you are an all-rounder, write new samples to suit the niche of the job you are applying to. If the website is about finance, let one of your samples be on finance. You can't supply health-related topics as samples for a personal finance writing job. So, if you are lazy with updating your samples, you will not go far. Your samples at part of your resume so do not expect anyone to pay for them. You cannot write them, continue in your poverty. It is as simple as ABC. No one who wants to teach you more or pay you well will just rely on your word of mouth and letter that you can write well. I do not reply anyone who doesn't add links to his samples. I have received so many letters and all they have got to say is they are the best at writing any topic. Really? I mean really? And I am supposed to just take that and ask them to write and pay them? Really? Are you really serious? I mean....really?

Search fo jobs
Search for jobs online. You can get a good job, but it will take time.

Work for yourself
If you are like me who wants to work for yourself, why not? Do it. It will take time. Let me tell you how I got into it. First, I removed part of my savings for it. Then, I got hold of people already doing well in it. I researched online too. You may choose to go for an online course, but I didn't do it.

If you do not know how to do it, you will waste 12 to 24 months of your life, and you will regret it. But if you do it well, you will successfully build passive income.

Sources of Income
You can get a job. It can be freelance or full-time job which is still work-from-home. If you like this idea, why not. But be ready to write a professional B2B in most cases. One article per well may be all that is required and you get paid $1,500and above. But that one article per week can take you forever to wrote if you do not know how to write such. You will make research deeply. You will conduct interviews and polls- (having a huge number of social media followers can be beneficial). Every employer has its criteria.

If you start your blog, your income comes through affiliate marketing and advertisements. You must know the rules very well. Also, you should choose a niche where to there see many affiliate programs so you can earn more.

Lastly, avoid YMYL articles. I smile when new writers start with it. You have just dug your grave.

These short instructions can change your life for the better. It is left with you to research further and make your life better. I have written in short what you need to do.

Good luck to everyone who is looking for a content writing job or wants to start his blog.

1 Like

Re: Content Writing. How To Go About It In 2022. by Nobody: 7:00am On Feb 14, 2022
How to do it

Do keywords research & Find your niche
This is the hardest part. Make sure you niche down and get less competitive keywords which are still trending upward.

Tools:
Ahrefs, SemRush, Ubersuggest, Google trend, Google Planner, Moz, Long tail pro, etc.

Wordpress

Learn SEO
This is very essential. There are excellent professionals you can follow. Every writer has his favorites. Pick resources online and make sure you understand SEO very well. Make sure your materials are the current version. You do not want to learn old stuff.

Samples
Get your samples ready online. If you are an all-rounder, write new samples to suit the niche of the job you are applying to. If the website is about finance, let one of your samples be on finance. You can't supply health-related topics as samples for a personal finance writing job. So, if you are lazy with updating your samples, you will not go far. Your samples at part of your resume so do not expect anyone to pay for them. You cannot write them, continue in your poverty. It is as simple as ABC. No one who wants to teach you more or pay you well will just rely on your word of mouth and letter that you can write well. I do not reply anyone who doesn't add links to his samples. I have received so many letters and all they have got to say is they are the best at writing any topic. Really? I mean really? And I am supposed to just take that and ask them to write and pay them? Really? Are you really serious? I mean....really?

Search for jobs

Work for yourself
If you are like me who wants to work for yourself, why not? Do it. It will take time. Let me tell you how I got into it. First, I removed part of my savings for it. Then, I got hold of people already doing well in it. I researched online too. You may choose to go for an online course, but I didn't do it.

If you do not know how to do it, you will waste 12 to 24 months of your life, and you will regret it. But if you do it well, you will successfully build passive income.

Sources of Income
You can get a job. It can be freelance or full-time job which is still work-from-home. If you like this idea, why not. But be ready to write a professional B2B in most cases. One article per well may be all that is required and you get paid $1,500and above. But that one article per week can take you forever to wrote if you do not know how to write such. You will make research deeply. You will conduct interviews and polls- (having a huge number of social media followers can be beneficial). Every employer has its criteria.

If you start your blog, your income comes through affiliate marketing and advertisements. You must know the rules very well. Also, you should choose a niche where to there see many affiliate programs so you can earn more.

Lastly, avoid YMYL articles. I smile when new writers start with it. You have just dug your grave.

These short instructions can change your life for the better. It is left with you to research further and make your life better. I have written in short what you need to do.

Good luck to everyone who is looking for a content writing job or wants to start his blog.

2 Likes

Re: Content Writing. How To Go About It In 2022. by Mustiboy(m): 5:25pm On Feb 15, 2022
Insightful.

Love it!
Re: Content Writing. How To Go About It In 2022. by Udoboss(m): 3:33pm On Feb 16, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:
How to do it

Do keywords research & Find your niche

Tools:

Wordpress

Learn SEO

Samples

Search for jobs

Work for yourself

Sources of Income

Thanks....
Kindly expatiate on keyword research. I was able to rank lately without it...it happened by chance.

Then secondly, YMYL articles... I felt they are hotcake,why advise we stay from it?
Re: Content Writing. How To Go About It In 2022. by Nobody: 5:47pm On Feb 16, 2022
Udoboss:

Thanks....
Kindly expatiate on keyword research. I was able to rank lately without it...it happened by chance.

Then secondly, YMYL articles... I felt they are hotcake,why advise we stay from it?
YMYL means "Your Money Your Life"

No, they aren't hotcakes but the hottest cakes. Personal finance, health, diets, fitness, etc. I think I need to write a special post on it.

Now here is the issue. Google wants to be sure you are an expert in it. A high Authoritative level is needed. The likes of Harvard Review, Healthline, MayoClinic dominate the first page. You will need thousands of backlinks to get such authority. That is a battle you have lost from the start, sir. Or do you think you can compete with Investopedia, New York Times Finance, Yahoo Finance (which lists thousands of financial reports of US companies)? Can you compete with Binance articles? If you want to write articles on FOREX, can you compete with the likes of Peppermint, HotForex, NinjaTrader, TradeStation, Saxon Bank, etc?

Na die be that bro oooo

There is a guy here who has a health website. Despite having nice articles there, the guy no even rank "at all at all". A no just want put the website here. I guess he was frustrated and decided to sell it some months ago, but still couldn't. Some guys even priced it at N10k. I laughed seriously. When domain name and hosting are even more than N10k. Lol.

Google isn't joking with the health and money of its users anymore. Gone are the days useless writers put terrible recommendations online. Google isn't Nairaland. Google cares about its users. Only Nairaland no send you. Lol.

I was discussing with someone earlier this morning and I made her understand that the main skill needed is knowing what to do. If I know it, I can give anyone to write articles if I can explain what I need. But if you can write but don't know what to write, you will waste 2 good years writing non-ranking articles before you give up. So, who is the real brain? The person who gives the structure of the articles on the blog, or the writer of the blog?

Most writers cannot start with 0 visitors. They can only put articles on already well-established websites. So, this is what I guess happened in your case. It is very hard to get a new website going. Articles can easily rank on Google's first page on a well-established website.

Many Nigerian writers need to go for training. Guy, 2 years is enough to start raking in $1,000 to $3,000 monthly on a single site if you can load on it the right contents. If you know what to do, that's it. But many just think it is writing alone. Nope. It isn't. But when you tell them to do an internship, they think you are using them. And I am a very careful person. What is wrong with doing an internship and getting the skills needed? Nope. They want to prove they ar the best. But they are empty barrels.

Sir, I humbled myself too before I got it right. Even I am presently working with experts who I consult daily. New tricks come out daily. The internet is an expressway (highway).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Content Writing. How To Go About It In 2022. by Jecint: 9:04pm On Feb 16, 2022
Wow kiss this is eye opening, thank you so much sir
How can I apply to be your intern?
Re: Content Writing. How To Go About It In 2022. by Jecint: 9:07pm On Feb 16, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:
------ WRITING ------

So, so yourself, how many people are interested in poetry that you keep focusing on it? Maybe only you and your colleagues. Lol. How many are interested in reading about your diary and your life? Who cares? Maybe only you. You may check it. Check if your immediate family members are even interested in reading about you. Lol.
Re: Content Writing. How To Go About It In 2022. by Nobody: 7:46am On Feb 17, 2022
Jecint:
Wow kiss this is eye opening, thank you so much sir
How can I apply to be your intern?

I want to explain very well. I understand everyone wants to make money. I also want to make money too. I do not have a well-established website which means I must continue spending for the next 2 years. I may break through in the 12th to 24th months. Therefore, anyone who wants to make money should target a well-established firm.

Though my initial setup and running costs included ghostwriters, but when I started interacting with writers, I realized I am on a mission of wasting money because almost all I have seen so far cannot rank high a new website on Google. But are they ready to learn? Nope. The tone of some even annoyed me. There are cool ones there I must confess, and I replied them telling them the truth. They need to upgrade themselves. What they have cannot land them a job with a well-established firm. But they aren't ready to learn. They want to continue making money. And yes, there are very few whose articles are great, but not for what I want to do. I suppose those should continue working for the firms they have contracts with.

But I am looking for people who want to learn. Sure, it is easier to pick someone who knows how to write well, but the danger is that if the zeal to learn this special entrepreneurship skill is not there, such is the worst candidate. The fellow will frustrate my efforts, and may even start giving me attitudes when some of the articles are rejected. Such will not write articles to my standard. So, I want to avoid such people by all means. It is better to pick novice. People who understand they do not know it at all. It will take time and effort to get them to do it well, but the road will still be easy.

I need someone patient. Here are the criteria:
1. You can write well
2. You understand you are learning a new area
3. You do not mind being corrected many times
4. You learn by seeing the website from zero to the end. The standard is 24 months. But it doesn't mean you work without payment for 24 months. As soon as the person starts doing the work with minimal supervision, why not? Such can start earning.

You may start even looking for jobs after 6 months if you are very smart. I do not mind whatever you do cos "a no send". Na your wahala. Na fast money you want? Go learn writing for well-established firms instead of coming to me. Na so a go dey look the person. But it is your loss because you have so much to still learn. It is progressive and you need to understand each stage. If you are contented with the source of income after a while, why not? And if not contended, it is ok too. But the fellow should not return for favors or feel the right to ask for help when the program is not completed. All the favors and help can be learned if the person is patient. After, go create your website and start earning like a boss too. You also should go employ writers or take the pain to write all by yourself. That time, you will learn how to be patient by force. And it will be easy if you wait to learn very well. Of course, I am sure you won't even have challenges with money and even have issues with employing your staff cos you would have known almost everything. When you aren't stupid, how would you work for someone and not know almost everything? I repeat, if you need fast cash, send applications to well-established firms, pass through the rigorous screening stage, work full time (8 hrs daily), or part times in 2 to 3 places, or as a freelance. And keep working like that for the rest of your life. Or use it to save money and go pay to learn whatever you want to learn later. There are many options here. I don't force anyone to team up with me.

I suggest you learn from Cabana chief priest. The issue is not the kind of business they are in or their sources of money, but the patience Cabana chief priest had when working for Obi Cabana. Today, the chief priest is a huge brand himself.

Remember, I included freelancers' services in my initial cost, but what I saw was a huge disaster for me. Not saying they do not all know how to write (do not get me wrong), but they aren't all equipped for my projects.

So, if you do not see it as using you (cos this is the Nigerian language since they do not understand the term internship), but you see it as an opportunity to learn what you can also replicate, you can contact me. I assure you that the person who has the mind to learn fast and get out fast will be at loss. Sure, I do not mind having a fast learner, but not at the detriment of my projects because I am also spending ridiculously high at the moment.

Since I have no one who fits in presently, I do my stuff myself at my pace. And no complaints. I have realized I do not want paid writers cos it is clear they cannot give me what I want. I have not contracted anything to anyone.

If anyone here fits into what I have described above and can endure a minimum of 1 year, then, such can send me a mail via Nairaland.
Re: Content Writing. How To Go About It In 2022. by Udoboss(m): 1:21pm On Feb 17, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:

YMYL means "Your Money Your Life"

No, they aren't hotcakes but the hottest cakes. Personal finance, health, diets, fitness, etc. I think I need to write a special post on it.

Now here is the issue. Google wants to be sure you are an expert in it. A high Authoritative level is needed. The likes of Harvard Review, Healthline, MayoClinic dominate the first page. You will need thousands of backlinks to get such authority. That is a battle you have lost from the start, sir. Or do you think you can compete with Investopedia, New York Times Finance, Yahoo Finance (which lists thousands of financial reports of US companies)? Can you compete with Binance articles? If you want to write articles on FOREX, can you compete with the likes of Peppermint, HotForex, NinjaTrader, TradeStation, Saxon Bank, etc?

Na die be that bro oooo

There is a guy here who has a health website. Despite having nice articles there, the guy no even rank "at all at all". A no just want put the website here. I guess he was frustrated and decided to sell it some months ago, but still couldn't. Some guys even priced it at N10k. I laughed seriously. When domain name and hosting are even more than N10k. Lol.

Google isn't joking with the health and money of its users anymore. Gone are the days useless writers put terrible recommendations online. Google isn't Nairaland. Google cares about its users. Only Nairaland no send you. Lol.

I was discussing with someone earlier this morning and I made her understand that the main skill needed is knowing what to do. If I know it, I can give anyone to write articles if I can explain what I need. But if you can write but don't know what to write, you will waste 2 good years writing non-ranking articles before you give up. So, who is the real brain? The person who gives the structure of the articles on the blog, or the writer of the blog?

Most writers cannot start with 0 visitors. They can only put articles on already well-established websites. So, this is what I guess happened in your case. It is very hard to get a new website going. Articles can easily rank on Google's first page on a well-established website.

Many Nigerian writers need to go for training. Guy, 2 years is enough to start raking in $1,000 to $3,000 monthly on a single site if you can load on it the right contents. If you know what to do, that's it. But many just think it is writing alone. Nope. It isn't. But when you tell them to do an internship, they think you are using them. And I am a very caring person. What is wrong with doing an internship and getting the skills needed? Nope. They want to prove they are the best. But they are empty barrels.

Sir, I humbled myself too before I got it right. Even I am presently working with experts who I consult daily. New tricks come out daily. The internet is an expressway (highway).

Thanks...
I have been making use of the internet to upgrade myself that is why when I see trend like this, I hop on it...
To the internship, how do you stay motivated working for free when the bills are there to be paid.

I qualified for different internships but couldn't keep up not because I was proud but I had to keep the cash coming in.

How did you stay motivated?
Re: Content Writing. How To Go About It In 2022. by Nobody: 4:46pm On Feb 17, 2022
Udoboss:

Thanks...
I have been making use of the internet to upgrade myself that is why when I see trend like this, I hop on it...
To the internship, how do you stay motivated working for free when the bills are there to be paid.

I qualified for different internships but couldn't keep up not because I was proud but I had to keep the cash coming in.

How did you stay motivated?
The truth is that it is hard. It is the reason it is for students.

An internship is hard, but entrepreneurship is harder. And being an entrepreneur in a corrupt backward nation is the hardest journey one can embark on. So, I do not have any recipe bro. You see, if I had allowed my emotion to make me take any one of those people who had contacted me, I would have most likely played smart on them. And they would feel bad. Of course, they wouldn't know my situation too. Yeah, I have the cash but I will not be happy with their output.

The road to becoming an entrepreneur is hard, but when you arrive at the top, you just stay there comfortably for a long period. This is what keeps me going. The idea that I can have 7 digits passive income (naira) is what keeps me going. Just like Paul wrote that the trophy is why athletes endure pain during training sessions.

Sure, you can also train yourself and get a full-time "work from home" job too. Or combine two part-time jobs. The first is always hard to get, but after getting it, others become easier.

So, this is a journey I am scared of too. But I have made up my mind to do it. Yeah, the scariest part is that the reality is I have to do everything myself which I am prepared for too.

My advice is that you get yourself together and find a good job instead of trying to become an entrepreneur at this moment. It seems too hard for you, but you can still do it if you are determined.
Re: Content Writing. How To Go About It In 2022. by vickybby(m): 4:28pm On Feb 25, 2022
Thanks very much for sharing, kindly consider me when you are good to go.
Re: Content Writing. How To Go About It In 2022. by Nobody: 12:52am On Feb 27, 2022
vickybby:
Thanks very much for sharing, kindly consider me when you are good to go.

The offer I have now is an unpaid internship.

My present Plan
I am working on websites. I want at least 500 articles on each before 6 months. And I am the one who is arranging it all. The internal links, keywords, flow, particular questions I want to answer for each article, the flow, etc. They must all be connected. The flow is the main thing and there is a particular style I want for it. Out of the 5 websites, I expect 1 to do well and maybe another 2 to struggle. And if God blesses me 3 may do very well. And who knows, the 5 may pick one. But really, I need just one to pick up, and then, I can start phase two. Having 100 000 monthly views is my first phase target...then move to 1million...and gradually, we see if I can turn one into a multicultural website across many nations...and even integrate it with social media later. These are plans. So, I do not have any plan to pay anyone anything again now. If anyone wants to join the person can learn the first phase which is growing a site and having at least 100,000 monthly visits which the person can easily move to 300 000 and even 1 million if serious. That's a great skill to have which will make anyone financially ok.

Later
I will have to employ and start spending.

So, if you see the first stage as an opportunity, send me a mail and when I am done with what is keeping me awake these days, we will talk at length and I will explain all again to you, and start teaching you while you put in ou effort into making those articles too. I can do them all by myself which I am prepared to do, but if anyone wants to learn ....fine...I will give out knowledge in exchange for producing many of those articles too. But if you want to take payment you will need to wait till I cross to phase two which won't be now.
Re: Content Writing. How To Go About It In 2022. by Jayswords(f): 9:09pm On Feb 27, 2022
I really took my time to read your post and it's really educational. I'm very new to the world of content writing so a lot of things are overwhelming to me.

I'm learning step by step and I would like to work with you.
Re: Content Writing. How To Go About It In 2022. by Nobody: 6:54am On Mar 04, 2022
Jayswords:
I really took my time to read your post and it's really educational. I'm very new to the world of content writing so a lot of things are overwhelming to me.

I'm learning step by step and I would like to work with you.

In the sales conversion funnel, digital marketing is at the top of the funnel. The funnel is where I marked with the red arrow ... that is where you create awareness - articles, media, social media, other paid ads.

Articles - SEO writings
Media - youtube, TikTok video contents
Social Media - all social media, paid ads also.
Other paid ads - all other kinds you pay for.

What you want to learn is writing articles to pull visitors to your site. This is the part you learn first. Then, the second down the funnel is Interest...you can still stir up interest in your reading through your articles..when you recommend products to them, you create such. With your articles, you can do that. And then earn money via affiliate marketing. That's it.

So, this type of style of creating awareness is not like buying ads. It is free, but it takes time, effort, endurance, perseverance, and knowledge. Using the right tool is important too.

I just want to explain to you again what you are going to start doing. It is not getting paid for every article..those getting paid are hustlers....but you want to learn how to be an online entrepreneur.

Think it through again. If still very much interested, send me an email from NL.
Re: Content Writing. How To Go About It In 2022. by Jecint: 2:09pm On Mar 04, 2022
I've sent you an email , no reply yet .
Re: Content Writing. How To Go About It In 2022. by xokol8: 9:47pm On Mar 04, 2022
Thanks for this masterclass. I wanna work for myself bas much as possible, but I'm not above apprenticeship. Please what is YMYL sir

PeaceJoyLove:
How to do it

keyword research & Find your niche

Tools:

Wordpress

Learn SEO

Samples

Search fo jobs

Work for yourself

Sources of Income

Re: Content Writing. How To Go About It In 2022. by Nobody: 3:49am On Mar 05, 2022
xokol8:
Thanks for this masterclass. I wanna work for myself bas much as possible, but I'm not above apprenticeship. Please what is YMYL sir

Check one of my previous posts.
Re: Content Writing. How To Go About It In 2022. by Nobody: 5:06am On Mar 05, 2022
Someone reached out to me that he/she wants to pay to learn. I just smiled. In the end, the fellow could afford N20,000. I smiled again. Anyway, I gave the person a very good overview and even showed the fellow what to buy. After the whole free goodies, I asked the fellow again what the fellow thinks about the offer? The fellow said nothing. And I smiled the last time.

Let me give you the summary of what you have to learn:
1. Writing (this is what many people think it entails alone and stops here.....lol)
2. SEO ... if you want to do your business, you must be as good as that guy who gets N150k to N800k and even more salary with just SEO in Nigeria.
3. Research - You must be able to use the internet and search for what ordinary eyes cannot see. You want to move deep down
4. Website development - Yes, you need it. The standard is WordPress. Do you know the amount Nigerians pay for WordPress websites? Do you know the amount you will give a Nigerian webmaster to keep managing your site? On top, the useless fellow will start misbehaving at a point and turns himself or herself to a god. You better learn it yourself. The skill alone is huge.
5. At the advanced level, you want to learn many other things concerning the sales funnel. Some skills which might be useful are conversions rate optimization, UX/UI design, and many other kinds of skills. You may need to start a youtube channel. This means you want to start making professional videos online.

As soon as you break into it, the journey is endless. You keep diving into new areas to compete and make money. And it is rewarding. Some start elsewhere and then end up employing writers to put their contents online. But you want to start here which is an added advantage, and then dive into other areas.

Do not be shocked if this leads you to shooting documentaries, writing a best seller book, or doing what you cant imagine.

But I must warn you. You need to invest so much money into it. I am not scaring you...if you want a serious guide for the areas I have highlighted above, you should be looking at paying seventy digits for training. And then, getting your tools too. With lots of patience. Sure, you will get the techniques, but you still need to then get the right niche. If you do, that is it. I know many teenagers making $50,000 to even $100,000 monthly doing internet business. Forget it...GenZs work smarter than previous generations. Imagine a high school kid already made a million dollars. This is what it is.

The idea of apprenticeship is not good for anyone who sees himself or herself as an owner. If you think your level is above it, go through this thread and find your way to the internet to make further research. But to make life easy for you and not to waste money (you can easily waste even 10 digits if not careful), I suggest you get a guide. It is not a day's job..it is a long process and your guide should help you. Of course, you can do a crash program, but will that really help you? You need a guide who is a friend too. Someone you can discuss with. Someone you trust. Someone you build a relationship with. Someone you can tell your ideas, plans, visions, and will not steal them. I do not trust any Nigerian, so I went through the most expensive route. This is the price I am still paying.

If you have your cash, trust me, you will see the value too. You will design your website by yourself, you must choose the right options (most website builders do not know this...they will build for you and you will never rank high because they did rubbish. Yes, you did everything great, but the options that the designer uses are the problem. Imagine the pain and agony to do it all over again. Lol. I have shown one of these issues above in this thread), you will create your internal links and flows, you then apply for affiliate programs (then you are the real affiliate marketer and not the rubbish N5,000 programs flying which teach you spamming your contacts on Whatsapp and social media), create a course online (if you are good with it.....meaning you will go into professional video making), create a youtube channel, etc. Believe me, you may need to go for accent reduction. You cannot make sense with a very hard sense to your clients in the western world. Lol. Maybe to me...anyway, AI for subtitlement is there, but not always accurate. Lol. You need to pronounce well. Trust me, you need it. Well, I know about this because I am Nigerian. I am talking from experience. Ordinary things aren't needed but I know you need them. Go check out your best actresses, journalists, and broadcasters....they aren't perfect, but at least they pronounce 80% of their words accurately. Which one is doing videos and people cant get what you are saying cos you thick a thick accent unique only to your tribe. Lol.

And finally, you need your money from dollars to naira. You keep learning and learning new ways to do it. Also, setting up to not mess up yourself. Imagine having dollars trapped in your e-wallets. That's bad.
Re: Content Writing. How To Go About It In 2022. by Nobody: 1:23pm On Mar 20, 2022
3 - 6 months Paid Internship
Type: Full Time
Mode: Work From Home

Requirements:
ONLY tertiary students on Internship/long holiday/strike period or NYSC members should apply. Experience in "Affiliate Marketing" is a bonus, though, training will be given. The First 4 months will focus on learning affiliate marketing. 90% of articles will be on it. You will be producing articles daily. This is full-time work, but work from home. Case studies you will work on will introduce you to A - Z tricks in Affiliate Marketing. Affiliate Marketing is gold. If you wish to continue, the remaining two months will be dedicated to teaching you the business aspect, plus introducing you to articles to start with as a beginner. With this experience you will gain, you can hustle for high-paying jobs in dollars, start your own business, or do both if you are tough and determined.

If you are on strike, you can easily convert to part-time when school resumes.

The best candidate will be chosen.

Method of Application: Send a mail via nairaland, and after acceptance, you will shoot me your resume and samples of your work. If you do not have any samples, you will be given one or two topics to write.

Please, be patient if I do not reply you immediately. Also, my response will be delivered to the email you used to open Nairaland. So, look for my response in your email and not here.
Re: Content Writing. How To Go About It In 2022. by Nobody: 6:57am On Mar 26, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:
3 - 6 months Paid Internship
Type: Full Time
Mode: Work From Home

Requirements:
ONLY tertiary students on Internship/long holiday/strike period or NYSC members should apply. Experience in "Affiliate Marketing" is a bonus, though, training will be given. The First 4 months will focus on learning affiliate marketing. 90% of articles will be on it. You will be producing articles daily. This is full-time work, but work from home. Case studies you will work on will introduce you to A - Z tricks in Affiliate Marketing. Affiliate Marketing is gold. If you wish to continue, the remaining two months will be dedicated to teaching you the business aspect, plus introducing you to articles to start with as a beginner. With this experience you will gain, you can hustle for high-paying jobs in dollars, start your own business, or do both if you are tough and determined.

If you are on strike, you can easily convert to part-time when school resumes.

The best candidate will be chosen.

Method of Application: Send a mail via nairaland, and after acceptance, you will shoot me your resume and samples of your work. If you do not have any samples, you will be given one or two topics to write.

Please, be patient if I do not reply you immediately. Also, my response will be delivered to the email you used to open Nairaland. So, look for my response in your email and not here.

Update
I have been getting applications, but most aren't successful. Only one so far has made it to the "trial stage". I am presently testing his ability. Of course, it is a new method and different from what he has ever done. This is why I need someone who is ready to unlearn whatever he/she has known and relearn winning methods.

I need two successful applicants for this role. Please, make sure you are an undergraduate or you are in the NYSC program. If you have just completed NYSC, I may consider you also.

I received two emails from so-called "experienced" writers who asked me if they can send me samples. My answer is a capital NO. I do not want to start talking too much.... who I want is someone I can teach. This is why I need an intern. Most of you want to start earning big and I cannot pay for unsatisfied jobs.

What you will learn - Stage 1
1. Case Studies: I will bombard you with some case studies in this field. Then, you will start writing your own cases. This will take you around mango areas - cryptocurrency, affiliate marketing, dropshipping, book publishing, moneymaking, NFT, BlockChain, artificial intelligence, e-commerce, security, growth hacking, scams, gambling, etc. I want you to go around these topics so you become a complete writer.

2. Research: With one above, you will research many topics. Most of you cannot make research. Of all the people I have talked to, none of them can get hot cake topics. So, how can you make a website which can rank? How can you work for a reputable company abroad? I laugh when I see the quality they present. If you want to make money, target those with money. You want to make money and your audience is Nigerian, see eh.. . na hunger go kee you. Hunger go reformat ya brain.

What you will learn stage 2
Making your Website or hunting for high-paid jobs. You will have to specialize in an area here. You pick a niche and focus on it. If you choose to go for making your own website, you.will learn to use WordPress to build your own website. There is a method I have been using to do it. As a content writer, you do not give your sites to a Nigerian web developer if you do not want trouble. This is the beginning of your sorrow. Well, this area is tasking and risky because you are working for yourself. Yes, if you breakthrough, you are made cos you will be swimming in money. You can make over $5 000 monthly. Even $1 000 is a big boy salary for a fresh graduate. But it is going to take time to reach this level. This is why you may want to first go for a job And make money before doing this.

Lastly, if you finished your NYSC in the past 2 years, I will consider you if you are ready to take 6 months internship. Committing 20 hours per week is acceptable if you cannot do 40 hours. The ball is in your court how fast you can learn. If you are doing another side hustle, just dedicate a section of the day you will give this position full attention. Submit your cases on time, check your mistakes after I review them, and submit the corrected version promptly.

You will learn so much. If you are willing to not put money forward and give it everything for 6 months, send me a mail via NL. Sure, you will be paid for your effort with intern payment scheme.

Good luck to applicants.

1 Like

Re: Content Writing. How To Go About It In 2022. by Nobody: 7:37am On Mar 30, 2022
Positions already filled. Thanks to all who sent in their application. When I have a new project, I will post it here again.
Re: Content Writing. How To Go About It In 2022. by Unfetteredjay(m): 10:16pm On Apr 01, 2022
Your posts were really educating.
I would sincerely love to work with you in a case of any opening for Internships.

I would love to learn and learn and be better.

I recognise the importance of corrections to a man .
Re: Content Writing. How To Go About It In 2022. by Nobody: 4:11pm On Apr 02, 2022
Unfetteredjay:
Your posts were really educating.
I would sincerely love to work with you in a case of any opening for Internships.

I would love to learn and learn and be better.

I recognise the importance of corrections to a man .
Is it that my thread is so inspiring that you had to open an account on the same day you sent this? Or are you one of those I have spoken to earlier and you are approaching me again?

I am not a difficult person sir. If you have spoken to me before, you should use your old channel.

My approach is not for "anyhow" writers, but deep thinkers. First, the process of research is rigorous because there is too much rubbish content out there...and there are excellent pieces out there we must beat to start winning. Most people want to do "sharp sharp" jobs, collect cash, and take off. Nope. I wanted to pay but I couldn't because hmmmm. I realized I must train whosoever is going to work with me.

Most people don't read, but there is no way you can give me good content without reading wide. So many of the people I have spoken to took off as soon as I gave them just one case study. cheesy They couldn't do it.

I do not know about you. The guys I have are presently struggling to catch up. I like their spirit. So, I do not want anyone to waste my time. This is why I am telling you in advance again.

I do not have openings but if I receive a resume and I find it interesting, I will contact the person. I can assure anyone who passes through this process of having the skill of producing first-class materials. Your audience will always look forward to more...., not yeye "sharp sharp" things. I am not doing rank Xerox the likes of popular bloggers do in Naija.

So, feel free to send your resume.

1 Like

Re: Content Writing. How To Go About It In 2022. by Unfetteredjay(m): 10:30pm On Apr 02, 2022
I am new here sir.
I just got to open an account yesterday.
I was directed by someone to search for content writing related posts here, that was when I encountered your posts.

I read most of it. And I found them educative.
I am still quite new to content writing too but am not afraid of the dilligence and the hardwork as long as am guided and there is a required outcome.

I am not afraid of giving my all in becoming better in the things I do.

I would send my resume sir.
I would seriously appreciate being an intern under you.
Re: Content Writing. How To Go About It In 2022. by Unfetteredjay(m): 7:58am On Apr 03, 2022
I am trying to send my resume to your mailbox but it's not going.
Sir, I think you need to follow me back so I can send the message to you.
Thank you sir.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Honeymoon In Prison / What's Your Remedy For The Cold\raining Season / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 206
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.