Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,711 members, 7,816,917 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket (57500 Views)

Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu / APC Considers Akume, Remi Tinubu As Saraki’s Replacement - NationalMirror / Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by shady26(m): 10:36am On Oct 19, 2014
ilugunboy:

Alao Akala was a Muslim?

When Oyinlola and Obada..both Christians were governing Osun....was there any religion uproar as we are witnessing today.?

Please I don't like this kind of debate...it nauseates me and everything I stands for.....I relates with people based on their character and not the religion they profess.

Take this religion nonsense elsewhere please.
the religious nonsense wasnt there before, we were almost forgeting the method USman anfodio used to bring islam to nigeria until ISIS ,AL SHABAB and BOKO HARAM reminded us again and what the ultimate goal of every true moslem is which is "ISLAMISE THE INFIDELS OR KILL THEM ALL" (true christians have a similar agenda of christianizing the world but not with violence and wanton killing but PREACHING LOVE, the gospel of christ).
as we are debating this issues on the internet BH is currently BURNING CHURCHES AND BEHEADING YOBE CHRISTIANS (news kept under wraps by govt to avoid an uproar ).
so the people are wary of MUSLIM/MUSLIM TICKET for fear of their lives and that of their loved ones.
BETTER A CORRUPT NIGERIA THAN ONE WERE YOUR LIFE IS IN DANGER FOR BEING A CHRISTIAN!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 10:37am On Oct 19, 2014
ilugunboy:

I don't know if you know how electoral college system works....but let me just point it out.

Assuming Kano have 56 electoral points.

Lagos would have something like 60-65 points

The whole electoral points for SE / SS aggregated would not be more than 80 points.

See how the votes in the two regions would have become completely valueless with an electoral college system under the present condition?

Nigeria can't do electoral college or proportional voting because our census records is questionable
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by donphilopus: 10:37am On Oct 19, 2014
ilugunboy:

As far as SE is concerned, they rarely vote for anyone in opposition at national level...they prefer going with any party in power...it's proven over and over time....it won't be different this time around.

That's why APC must ensure that they do not waste their VP slot on the Igbos just to impress the them!

6 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by victorD3: 10:38am On Oct 19, 2014
TplenT:
..Going by the picture above,Buhari-Fashola remains the best bet.Add Nassarawa,Kwara and Adamawa to Buhari 2011 states.Then a Fashola Ticket will enable APC mobilize the SW effectively.The area where muslim-Muslim will be an issue is SE/SS that APC can never win anyway even if they present a Christian/Christian ticket.

Nonsense !!

4 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 19, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

Let's meet again on February 16th to analyse it.

Shalom!

By His grace.

Have a blessed Sunday!
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 19, 2014
mikeansy:

Nigeria can't do electoral college or proportional voting because our census records is questionable

I agree.

Just using it to point out that PDP is lucky we are not practicing the system in Nigeria.
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 10:44am On Oct 19, 2014
shady26:
the religious nonsense wasnt there before, we were almost forgeting the method USman anfodio used to bring islam to nigeria until ISIS ,AL SHABAB and BOKO HARAM reminded us again and what the ultimate goal of every true moslem is which is "ISLAMISE THE INFIDELS OR KILL THEM ALL" (true christians have the same agenda of christianizing the world but not with violence and wanton killing but PREACHING LOVE, the gospel of christ).
as we are debating this issues on the internet BH is currently BURNING CHURCHES AND BEHEADING YOBE CHRISTIANS (news kept under wraps by govt to avoid an uproar ).
so the people are wary of MUSLIM/MUSLIM TICKET for fear of their lives and that of their loved ones.

How many Christians have Fashola killed in Lagos.....? He would actually start killing Christians by starting with his wife who is a catholic.

Abeg spare us this bullshytee

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 10:51am On Oct 19, 2014
chukwudi44:

Thanks for the analysis but better wake up to reality as we do not use the undemocratic electoral college system.Votees are going to count in 2015 which means my vote for GEJ in lagos would be recorded.BTW kano is recored as been more popuous than lagos during the last census and should have more college votes

grin grin grin

That same system you condemned makes the US....the most democratic country in the world.

See the irony and the absurdity in your statement?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by lacasa: 10:56am On Oct 19, 2014
poj:
This is d best pairing one can think of for now. I m not sure what the bigots wl make of it.

If not for their reputations for excellence. As a Nigerian I will encourage this ticket so as to lay the groundwork for breaking the irresponsible stake we as Nigerians place on religious sentiments and tribal considerations.

If a Buhari/Fashola ticket fails at the polls next year, then I would advise that Nigeria WILL never change for the better as it will beam us a FAILED ENTITY.

This is the best pairing for this country as at now if we are serious for developing ourselves and securing our future.

Shikenan!

15 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by dunkem21(m): 10:56am On Oct 19, 2014
yemaldo:

u just told them everything they need to know
SAI BUHARI

So, let them comply sharpaly and stop insulting our sensibilities. FFK seems right.
Like I said, Till then.

#dorofreshair

2 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by jogsman01(m): 11:00am On Oct 19, 2014
ilugunboy:

It will not work with you and those sold on religion sentiment over the issue of ability to perform.....but it will work for millions of Nigerians that are not bother about Muslim/Christian Christian /Muslim Muslim/Muslim Christian/Chrisitan nonsense.

If paired, I assured you that many pastors in SW will campaign for the ticket inside their churches.
monkey dey talk.......... till then

1 Like

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by shady26(m): 11:01am On Oct 19, 2014
ilugunboy:

How many Christians have Fashola killed in Lagos.....? He would actually start killing Christians by starting with his wife who is a catholic.

Abeg spare us this bullshytee
fashola married an infidel for a wife and also attends programs at redeem camp, by Islam/northern moslem standards Fashola is not a true moslem, same goes to many yoruba moslems ( the mallams wont even let them lead prayers and would rather spread his mat outside and pray than enter an airconditioned mosque were prayers are led by yorubas) .
anyway less we digress, why is FASH not contesting as the main Presidential aspirant? at least there is a general agreement by all that he has something to offer with better record of governance than Buhari.
my friend i will vote for Fashola anyday against GEJ but why why and why is he being fielded as second fiddle to a man accused of being a MUSLIM JIHADIST with moslem brotherhood like tendencies?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 11:02am On Oct 19, 2014
shady26:
fashola married an infidel for a wife and also attends programs at redeem camp, by Islam/northern moslem standards Fashola is not a true moslem, same goes to many yoruba moslems ( the mallams wont even let them lead prayers and would rather spread his mat outside and pray than enter an airconditioned mosque were prayers are led by yorubas) .
anyway less we digress, why is FASH not contesting as the main Presidential aspirant? at least there is a general agreement by all that he has something to offer with better record of governance than Buhari.
my friend i will vote for Fashola anyday against GEJ but why why and why is he being fielded as second fiddle to a man accused of being a MUSLIM JIHADIST with moslem brotherhood like tendencies?

Pure fallacies! You can come up with more appealing religion blackmail...this one up there is well worn out.

4 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 11:06am On Oct 19, 2014
lacasa:

If not for their reputations for excellence. As a Nigerian I will encourage this ticket so as to lay the groundwork for breaking the irresponsible stake we as Nigerians place on religious sentiments and tribal considerations.

If a Buhari/Fashola ticket fails at the polls next year, then I would advise that Nigeria WILL never change for the better as it will beam us a FAILED ENTITY.

This is the best pairing for this country as at now if we are serious for developing ourselves and securing our future.

Shikenan!

Many people will actually give up on the possibility of Nigeria getting out of the present doldrums if on the altar of religion sentiments...Nigerians votes in the present world acknowledged gross incompetent governemnt.

It would reinforce the opinion that people deserves the kind of leaders they have.....we should never be angry if the world and other Africans call us foolish people...that only elect leaders based on religion and not competency.

I pray we get it right....not for our sake...but the sake of our children and generations unborn.

4 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by madamoringo(f): 11:07am On Oct 19, 2014
I marvel at the way Nigerians are easily carried away with PDP hoodwinking them with all kinds of fear-mongering, falsehoods rather than showing their achievements in the past 16 years of failure. One of the most annoying is religion. I am a christian and have no problems or qualms with a muslim-muslim president so far as the candidates are not corrupt bastards like GEJ and dullards Sambo (Christian-Muslim). Jonathan is the personification and definition of corruption, Nigeria needs a leader that will stop the bleeding: CORRUPTION! Nigeria needs a Vice President that is visible and working for his salary, not the non-existent Sambo.

IBB-Aikhomu - Failure and killers
Abacha-Diya : Failure and killers
OBJ-Atiku - not particularly successful but corruption was drastically killed and reduced and economy and foreign policy very positive
Yaradua-GEJ - Mega failure presidency
GEJ-Sambo - Corrupt and mega failure presidency

PDP is afraid of a Buhari-Fashola presidency, unable to criticize it for any issue on corruption, performance, proven track records of performance; it points out it is a muslim-muslim ticket! Is that what leadership of a country at the highest level is all about? Nigeria is a secular state, religion is a personal thing for you, in your home and house. No matter how religious a president is, he will never be able to impose any views on the country because laws must be passed by the Legislature only and even if a president introduces a bill, it will have to be debated and voted on by the Legislature made up of representatives from all parts of Nigeria.

Why doesn't PDP government of the corrupt president GEJ, now one of the richest presidents in the world after 4 years with an official salary less than $ 1 M per annum (Obama $ 400,000) tell us why power is still an abysmal < 4,000 MW, Corruption has Molested and Molesting the country, $ 20 B missing, petrol at N 97 but subsidy is still being paid in the hundreds of billions, under his watch BH killed tens of thousands, yet no conviction of the same people he said are in his government who are sponsoring BH, $ 15 M seized in SA, the refineries are still not working, the roads are a disaster. This is the only thing Nigeria needs to know and learn about. If you have failed in 7 years as president and VP, you should never expect to go and campaign in any state without being stoned to death, you and your TANOIDS!

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by shady26(m): 11:11am On Oct 19, 2014
ilugunboy:

Pure fallacies! You can come up with more appealing religion blackmail...this one up there is well worn out.
a good politician or party ensures that every bodies interest is covered irrespective of your own personal convictions( ask the democrates and their gay/abortion posture)lets see what happens next year...

1 Like

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by egift(m): 11:13am On Oct 19, 2014
okosodo:
muslim-muslim will not work

You and every other religious fanatics, will never vote APC (even if your relations are on the ticket). You are protecting your current loot and trying to stay out of Jail for your corruption. Nigerians are looking for competence.

The most competent Team for the APC with the votes to defeat Jonathan with easy is Buhari/Fashola.

PDP should know that the plan to install Ikimi as APC Leader Failed. PDP will never determine APC Presidential Candidates.

10 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 19, 2014
madamoringo:
I marvel at the way Nigerians are easily carried away with PDP hoodwinking them with all kinds of fear-mongering, falsehoods rather than showing their achievements in the past 16 years of failure. One of the most annoying is religion. I am a christian and have no problems or qualms with a muslim-muslim president so far as the candidates are not corrupt bastards like GEJ and dullards Sambo (Christian-Muslim). Jonathan is the personification and definition of corruption, Nigeria needs a leader that will stop the bleeding: CORRUPTION! Nigeria needs a Vice President that is visible and working for his salary, not the non-existent Sambo.

OBJ-Atiku - not particularly successful but corruption was drastically killed and reduced and economy and foreign policy very positive

PDP is afraid of a Buhari-Fashola presidency, unable to criticize it for any issue on corruption, performance, proven track records of performance; it points out it is a muslim-muslim ticket! Is that what leadership of a country at the highest level is all about? Nigeria is a secular state, religion is a personal thing for you, in your home and house. No matter how religious a president is, he will never be able to impose any views on the country because laws must be passed by the Legislature only and even if a president introduces a bill, it will have to be debated and voted on by the Legislature made up of representatives from all parts of Nigeria.

Why doesn't PDP government of the corrupt president GEJ, now one of the richest presidents in the world after 4 years with an official salary less than $ 1 M per annum (Obama $ 400,000) tell us why power is still an abysmal < 4,000 MW, Corruption has Molested and Molesting the country, $ 20 B missing, petrol at N 97 but subsidy is still being paid in the hundreds of billions, under his watch BH killed tens of thousands, yet no conviction of the same people he said are in his government who are sponsoring BH, $ 15 M seized in SA, the refineries are still not working, the roads are a disaster. This is the only thing Nigeria needs to know and learn about. If you have failed in 7 years as president and VP, you should never expect to go and campaign in any state without being stoned to death, you and your TANOIDS!

Your head correct,my bros

7 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Adminisher: 11:16am On Oct 19, 2014
Etruth:
Bros, na wa 4 u oooo. What do u take us for? Illiterates? E go surprise you. A b'um onye igbo and I live in the Niger Delta. A born again Christian too. I have lived most of my life in d SS/SE region yet I'm totally in for the knock-out combo of Buhari/Fashola. No dey deceive ppl wit d religious ish. E no go work. Competence over Cluelessness. #Sai Buhari/Fashola 2015

Very good talk. Excellence trumps all. How can a corrupt government be good for the SE/SS whatever the tribe the president is from?. GEJ is in power now, what has been done for the SS/SE?. It is my Yoruba people who are doing the big deals in NNPC, laundering money for ministers and buying private jets. They want to pull wool over peoples's eyes. To be fair the PDP government has some very good ministers but the Presidency is under the full control of a cabal made up of people from all the regions stealing the resources of the people behind a president who is the most 'blank' in the history of Nigeria, even his supporters agree with that. I say let us take our country back, the Niger Delta has proven that it has a seat in the corridors of power by having GEJ winning the 2011 elections. He is even expected to do a little well in the SW and NC so all tribal domination conspiracy theories have been debunked. Let us now talk merit and issues.

7 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Ediskcab(m): 11:18am On Oct 19, 2014
shady26:

Your arguments on this thread has been appropriately noticed.

Kindly let us know when you are filled to the brim with your religious bigotry.

4 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Adminisher: 11:18am On Oct 19, 2014
shady26:

The answer is implicit in your post. The answer is that the muslin jihadist toga on Buhari is false.

2 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 11:19am On Oct 19, 2014
shady26:
a good politician or party ensures that every bodies interest is covered irrespective of your own personal convictions( ask the democrates and their gay/abortion posture)lets see what happens next year...

How has a GEJ/Sambo Presidency covered the interest of you personally...unless you are benefitting from this present rot!

Say no to religion bigotry.

4 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by shady26(m): 11:19am On Oct 19, 2014
ilugunboy:

Many people will actually give up on the possibility of Nigeria getting out of the present doldrums if on the altar of religion sentiments...Nigerians votes in the present world acknowledged gross incompetent governemnt.

It would reinforce the opinion that people deserves the kind of leaders they have.....we should never be angry if the world and other Africans call us foolish people...that only elect leaders based on religion and not competency.

I pray we get it right....not for our sake...but the sake of our children and generations unborn.
am not a supporter of GEJ but you never know what you have until you lose it. Nigeria as a country can actually get worse if you add a government that is headed by a religious intolerant...... to enjoy a corruption free country you need to be alive first or would you rather have an all moslem corrupt free country. remember the problem of iraq is not majorly poverty or corruption. those monsul christians and kurds in iraq being beheaded would actually prefer nigeria as it is under a supposedly incompetent GEJ than the SHIA led government they currently have.

9 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 19, 2014
shady26:
am not a supporter of GEJ but you never know what you have until you lose it. Nigeria as a country can actually get worse if you add a government that is headed by a religious intolerant...... to enjoy a corruption free country you need to be alive first or would you rather have an all moslem corrupt free country. remember the problem of iraq is not majorly poverty or corruption. those monsul christians and kurds in iraq being beheaded would actually prefer nigeria as it is under a supposedly incompetent GEJ than the SHIA led government they currently have.

Bros....
I'm the last person that you can ever hope to convince with this religion shenanigan you are selling.

I'm not buying it....and never goona ever buy religious hatred.

I will buy competency over religion consideration ANY DAY!

Good day!

10 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by shady26(m): 11:26am On Oct 19, 2014
Adminisher:

The answer is implicit in your post. The answer is that the muslin jihadist toga on Buhari is false.
maybe you are right or maybe you are wrong but is that a gamble we are willing to take?the answer is NO!
imagine hearing a rumor about a pilot in ARIK who never went to an aviation school only to be told one day as you are about to purchase the ticket that the rumored untrained pilot will pilot the plane, would you still confidently purchase the ticket? there is no smoke without fire and some risks are not worth taking.
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Ediskcab(m): 11:29am On Oct 19, 2014
[b]
madamoringo:

[/b]

Now this is what I call issue based and objectives argument not the ethnic / religious poo the enemies of a prosperous and great Nigeria spew over the internet.

3 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by igwedaboss(m): 11:36am On Oct 19, 2014
Pataki:
As a certified born-again Christian, I will joyfully vote for Buhari/Fashola partnership for 2015.

I am motivated for change and not religious sentiments.
My brother at times I don't see fashola as a Muslim. I'm still his biggest fan. If APC fields fash as V.P, omo na to dey rethink my vote.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by igwedaboss(m): 11:43am On Oct 19, 2014
madamoringo:

Abacha-Diya : Failure and killersa

^^^
He stole all I wanted to say, I just tire to type, meanwhile you can read all he said and take it as what I wanted to say exactly.

1 Like

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Johnnyessence(m): 11:54am On Oct 19, 2014
waooooo great minds are expressing their views here waooooo I open this thread Cos' we need d people's views in this match I think we should stop d act of religious bigot in politics in this country we need leaders that's steadfast in his assignment. buhari/fashola will be d best in this country Cos' they av done great in their assignment and to buttress it very well d people of sw will vote enmassely for APC.but what am fearful is that d clueless PDP will be campaigning against Muslim ticket. no we shouldn't go this way no not at all,fashola is not a religious fanatic her wife is a redeem member like wise ajimobi is a Muslim and her wife is Christian people do called her sister grace ajimobi,tinubu is a Muslim and her wife is a Christian, governor of kwara state is a Muslim and her wife omolewa Ahmed is a Christian, bukola saraki was Christian in u.s before he was converted to Muslim in Ilorin because he has interest in governorship seat.he doesn't mean either u are a Christian or Muslim in d government what I av interest is d person that fear God in his assignment.

2 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 19, 2014
lacasa:

Shikenan!
GBAM!
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by hugoart(m): 12:22pm On Oct 19, 2014
anonimi:

Perhaps correct until Aregberascal showed up in Osun and started fuelling religious unrest with his school merger policy and other clueless antics.
A governor who cannot build more schools to ensure ALL our children are educated was playing religious pranks on us shocked
Very useless man indeed.
His other sins:He crushed your marauding bands of bigoted kleptocrats in State of Osun.
I wish your sad self a heavy heart. It's really not easy to be callous you.

1 Like

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Silensa(m): 12:23pm On Oct 19, 2014
the failure of Apc just like crystal is very clear but bringing a muslim-muslim candidate will only make their downfall more resounding

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Court Determines Suit Between Nigeria, Biafra On Sept 22 -daily Sun / Pictures From Peter Obi & LP Presidential Campaign Rally In Ekiti State / EndSARS: My Wife Is Protesting, I Earn N64,000, Bought My Uniform - Policeman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.