Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,140 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

Court Determines Suit Between Nigeria, Biafra On Sept 22 -daily Sun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Determines Suit Between Nigeria, Biafra On Sept 22 -daily Sun (57439 Views)

What FFK Said About Biafra On Twitter / 'Radio Biafra: Protest Turns Bloody, Four Shot' - Daily Sun / Court Determines Suit Between Biafra, Nigeria On Sept 22 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Determines Suit Between Nigeria, Biafra On Sept 22 -daily Sun by HungerBAD: 1:39am On Jul 19, 2015
The Supreme Coun­cil of Elders of In­digenous People of Biafra, has dissoci­ated itself from the brains behind Radio Biafra and their operations, which it said were inciting, bel­ligerent and full of hate speeches. We have no busi­ness with any group or individual not operating under our customary laws and in obedience to the laws of Nigeria”, It stated.

In a statement signed by its Deputy chairman, Dr Dozie Ikedife, the pro-Bi­afra group said that the pres­sure group did not believe in threat or wars, illegality, insults and abuse of indi­viduals or groups in pursuit of self-determination for in­digenous people anywhere.

“The leadership of the indigenous people of Biafra under the customary laws and in obedience to the laws of Nigeria do not subscribe to violence, rough or abu­sive language. We know that the law has created a wide window, indeed a door, for actualising self determina­tion for indigenous people not just of Biafra but for any other indigenous group.” Dr Ikedife said.

Meanwhile, September 22, 2015, has been fixed for the next hearing of the suit against Nigeria by the Supreme Council of Elders of the Indigenous People of Biafra using its legal arm, Bilie Human Right Initia­tive at the Federal High Court, Owerri.

In suit no FHC/OW/ CS/192/2013, the Bilie Hu­man Rights Initiative rep­resenting the Indigenous People of Biafra, who are indigenes of the South East geo-political zone of Nigeria, parts of South South and the Middle Belt zones, as claimants and Federal Republic of Nige­ria, Attorney-General of the Federation as defendants, according to the originating summons, sought to en­force their right to self-de­termination pursuant to Ar­ticles 19 -25 of the African Charter on Human and Peo­ples’ Rights (Ratification and Enforcement) Act, Cap 10 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 1990, and to re­dress all wrongs occasioned on them by the defendants. As a result, the claimants are praying for the determi­nation by the court whether the Indigenous People of Bi­afra, who are the remnants that were not consumed in the Nigeria-Biafra war of 1967 –1970, have the right of self-determination pursu­ant to Articles 19 –25 of the African Charter on Human and Peoples’ Rights.

The summons also sought the determination by the court whether the claimants who identified themselves as Biafrans by indigenous identity were committing any offence by doing so contrary to any provisions of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nige­ria 1999 or contrary to any provision of the Criminal Code and whether it is a crime under any national or international law to mention the name of Biafra or for the remnants of the Indigenous People of Biafra who were not consumed by the war to maintain their indigenous identity as Biafrans with their native emblems and symbols as they do now even though they are Ni­gerians by citizenship and nationality laws; and if the answer is in the negative, whether the defendants are justified to arrest, shoot and kill the children of the claimants for identifying themselves as Biafrans.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/court-determines-suit-between-nigeria-biafra-on-sept-22/

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Determines Suit Between Nigeria, Biafra On Sept 22 -daily Sun by idolda: 1:43am On Jul 19, 2015
Biafra!

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Determines Suit Between Nigeria, Biafra On Sept 22 -daily Sun by glassjar1: 1:48am On Jul 19, 2015
HungerBAD:
The Supreme Coun­cil of Elders of In­digenous People of Biafra, has dissoci­ated itself from the brains behind Radio Biafra and their operations, which it said were inciting, bel­ligerent and full of hate speeches. We have no busi­ness with any group or individual not operating under our customary laws and in obedience to the laws of Nigeria”, It stated.

In a statement signed by its Deputy chairman, Dr Dozie Ikedife, the pro-Bi­afra group said that the pres­sure group did not believe in threat or wars, illegality, insults and abuse of indi­viduals or groups in pursuit of self-determination for in­digenous people anywhere.

“The leadership of the indigenous people of Biafra under the customary laws and in obedience to the laws of Nigeria do not subscribe to violence, rough or abu­sive language. We know that the law has created a wide window, indeed a door, for actualising self determina­tion for indigenous people not just of Biafra but for any other indigenous group.” Dr Ikedife said.

Meanwhile, September 22, 2015, has been fixed for the next hearing of the suit against Nigeria by the Supreme Council of Elders of the Indigenous People of Biafra using its legal arm, Bilie Human Right Initia­tive at the Federal High Court, Owerri.

In suit no FHC/OW/ CS/192/2013, the Bilie Hu­man Rights Initiative rep­resenting the Indigenous People of Biafra, who are indigenes of the South East geo-political zone of Nigeria, parts of South South and the Middle Belt zones, as claimants and Federal Republic of Nige­ria, Attorney-General of the Federation as defendants, according to the originating summons, sought to en­force their right to self-de­termination pursuant to Ar­ticles 19 -25 of the African Charter on Human and Peo­ples’ Rights (Ratification and Enforcement) Act, Cap 10 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 1990, and to re­dress all wrongs occasioned on them by the defendants. As a result, the claimants are praying for the determi­nation by the court whether the Indigenous People of Bi­afra, who are the remnants that were not consumed in the Nigeria-Biafra war of 1967 –1970, have the right of self-determination pursu­ant to Articles 19 –25 of the African Charter on Human and Peoples’ Rights.

The summons also sought the determination by the court whether the claimants who identified themselves as Biafrans by indigenous identity were committing any offence by doing so contrary to any provisions of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nige­ria 1999 or contrary to any provision of the Criminal Code and whether it is a crime under any national or international law to mention the name of Biafra or for the remnants of the Indigenous People of Biafra who were not consumed by the war to maintain their indigenous identity as Biafrans with their native emblems and symbols as they do now even though they are Ni­gerians by citizenship and nationality laws; and if the answer is in the negative, whether the defendants are justified to arrest, shoot and kill the children of the claimants for identifying themselves as Biafrans.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/court-determines-suit-between-nigeria-biafra-on-sept-22/

shatap go collect your egunje from aso rock and zuzu away red cap disaster .

radio biafra spill pepper in your anyus cool

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Court Determines Suit Between Nigeria, Biafra On Sept 22 -daily Sun by nationwide1(m): 1:50am On Jul 19, 2015
Why can't they take the case to the Hague.

The case can see the light of the day only if a rat can have justice in a case where cat is the judge.

12 Likes

Re: Court Determines Suit Between Nigeria, Biafra On Sept 22 -daily Sun by Badgers14: 2:02am On Jul 19, 2015
one of these cases that is usually dismissed on technicality... or better yet adjourned sine dine
Re: Court Determines Suit Between Nigeria, Biafra On Sept 22 -daily Sun by boboLIL(m): 2:31am On Jul 19, 2015
Since dem no want one Nigeria..... Mk we kukuma comot na

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Determines Suit Between Nigeria, Biafra On Sept 22 -daily Sun by egift(m): 3:00am On Jul 19, 2015
glassjar1:
shatap go collect your egunje from aso rock and zuzu away red cap disaster .

radio biafra spill pepper in your anyus cool

All well-meaning Ndigbo are distancing themselves that hate filled contraption, yet you are still getting drunk in that radio coolaid.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2644398_cknqalcwwaatba_jpegef13d1fafdfea81e9482276749a28ee4

Here is the fraudster enjoying The Donations - will his minions are drowning in Poverty.
Don't tell me you did not see the Hausa attire he is wearing grin grin grin grin

RadioDirector my foot.

106 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Court Determines Suit Between Nigeria, Biafra On Sept 22 -daily Sun by mekonglobal(m): 3:10am On Jul 19, 2015
nationwide1:
Why can't they take the case to the Hague.

The case can see the light of the day only if a rat can have a justice in a case where cat is the judge.
Re: Court Determines Suit Between Nigeria, Biafra On Sept 22 -daily Sun by pauloookay(m): 4:55am On Jul 19, 2015
Yes
Re: Court Determines Suit Between Nigeria, Biafra On Sept 22 -daily Sun by Warlord3000(m): 4:57am On Jul 19, 2015
Not this shenanigans again jor...
NEXT

1 Like

Re: Court Determines Suit Between Nigeria, Biafra On Sept 22 -daily Sun by sommyblaze(m): 4:57am On Jul 19, 2015
Re: Court Determines Suit Between Nigeria, Biafra On Sept 22 -daily Sun by g4everybody(m): 4:58am On Jul 19, 2015
The way i c it, the Supreme Coun­cil of Elders of In­digenous People of Biafra was created by loyalist of the federal government to run a parallel movement with the main biafra movement. They know they wil not win the case and when that happen, it give the world an impression that Biafra has finally come to rest

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Determines Suit Between Nigeria, Biafra On Sept 22 -daily Sun by eleojo23: 4:59am On Jul 19, 2015
The man behind the hate speeches (Nnamdi Kanu) wants to make himself an emperor by using gullible people to lead an insurrection.
He wants foot soldiers who will die for him while he hides somewhere only to come out and declare himself leader if the war should succeed.

I never knew that gullible set of people could be found among the 'smart' tribe of Nigeria. I am very disappointed.

55 Likes

Re: Court Determines Suit Between Nigeria, Biafra On Sept 22 -daily Sun by Nobody: 4:59am On Jul 19, 2015
egift:

All well-meaning Ndigbo are distancing themselves that hate filled contraption, yet you are still getting drunk in that radio coolaid.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2644398_cknqalcwwaatba_jpegef13d1fafdfea81e9482276749a28ee4

Here is the fraudster enjoying The Donations - will his minions are drowning in Poverty.
Don't tell me you did not see the Hausa attire he is wearing grin grin grin grin

RadioDirector my foot.

When the young man was running his Consultancy and business in UK, and bought himself properties, u no complain.

See black man reasoning.

108 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Court Determines Suit Between Nigeria, Biafra On Sept 22 -daily Sun by ameezy(m): 4:59am On Jul 19, 2015
seriously d way dis my people dey pursue dis biafra something seriously i no lyk am

igbo people no fit stay quiet for once

7 Likes

Re: Court Determines Suit Between Nigeria, Biafra On Sept 22 -daily Sun by NifemiOlu(m): 5:00am On Jul 19, 2015
It saddens me to say that after viewing and posting on this thread, I've found out that some threads are 'jump and pass'.

Plus, which moderator moved a topic to front page so early like this? The Bible says there's no sleep for the wicked. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Court Determines Suit Between Nigeria, Biafra On Sept 22 -daily Sun by Nobody: 5:00am On Jul 19, 2015
How guillble are "Biafrans". Op your title should be. Nigeria prepares to hear the Nigeria vs Biafra suit on sept 22 not court undecided. Let them keep on getting scammed. You better open your eyes. If at all you guys are leaving. I can bet everything my beloved dog holds dear this is the dumbest and sure-to-fail way to do it undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Determines Suit Between Nigeria, Biafra On Sept 22 -daily Sun by carnegiefan: 5:01am On Jul 19, 2015
They are wasting their time, but they should do it anyway, at least to "discover" one other FAILED way to actualize Biafra.

6 Likes

Re: Court Determines Suit Between Nigeria, Biafra On Sept 22 -daily Sun by haul: 5:08am On Jul 19, 2015
There is still hope, thank God the elders are now taking charge of part of their communal service.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Determines Suit Between Nigeria, Biafra On Sept 22 -daily Sun by Nobody: 5:11am On Jul 19, 2015
The petitioners' best bet is to take their case to the ICJ. Issues of self-determination or independence cannot be adjudicated by a Nigerian court.
The ICJ could either dismiss their petition, or order a UN-backed plebiscite in the areas that are part of the proposed new sovereign nation.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Determines Suit Between Nigeria, Biafra On Sept 22 -daily Sun by funmo(m): 5:12am On Jul 19, 2015
Real Ibos don't hate Nigeria(ns)

Real Ibos don't spew thrash on/off line

Real Ibos just want to make money and live in peace

Real Ibos are my Nwannes

But anyways.... Ara ga agba ndi ara

Any Real Ibo chick to p.m me ? I be Ijebu o o! I no dey spend money anyhow o o biko! ehen!!!

sharp Ijebu boy

newbie blogger and lover of Ibos

Ndigbo kwenu!!!

visit the signature

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Determines Suit Between Nigeria, Biafra On Sept 22 -daily Sun by Nobody: 5:13am On Jul 19, 2015
NormalCodes:

When the young man was running his Consultancy and business in UK, and bought himself properties, u no complain.

See black man reasoning.
what about the Hausa/arab style dressing? is that part of biafra traditional wears too
This guy is a damn good fraudster. grin

The pics below shows hausa couples in their traditional dress. The people this albino guy hates so much.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Determines Suit Between Nigeria, Biafra On Sept 22 -daily Sun by preferz(m): 5:14am On Jul 19, 2015
All the Best Biafra, truth is Naija or our current dispensation don't give a hoot about ur contributions!! Dnt b sad,

2 Likes

Re: Court Determines Suit Between Nigeria, Biafra On Sept 22 -daily Sun by Chidexter(m): 5:17am On Jul 19, 2015
Thats a good decision, i'm an Igbo but i'm totally not in support with the Biafra led Nnamdi Kanu. Imagine him inciting violence, saying we should donate in the purchase of arms to fight the government.

Hell NO!. We dont want war, the funny part is that he wont even fight, and he'll surely Transport his family out of the country. While the gullible Igbos and innocents dies. SEE SENSE!

54 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Court Determines Suit Between Nigeria, Biafra On Sept 22 -daily Sun by Amack(m): 5:17am On Jul 19, 2015
Biafra is a most.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Determines Suit Between Nigeria, Biafra On Sept 22 -daily Sun by Btruth: 5:17am On Jul 19, 2015
9 out of 10 of my Igbo close associate thinks that the people that are actually preaching this hatred among the Ibo are those who have never cross the River Niger bridge to the SW. They said, no right thinking Igbo man after establish his business well in any region in the country will want to set it ablaze for the sake of returning home to be with his clans.

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Court Determines Suit Between Nigeria, Biafra On Sept 22 -daily Sun by Amack(m): 5:17am On Jul 19, 2015
I can see the promise land of biafra.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Determines Suit Between Nigeria, Biafra On Sept 22 -daily Sun by Nobody: 5:18am On Jul 19, 2015
ameezy:
seriously d way dis my people dey pursue dis biafra something seriously i no lyk am

igbo people no fit stay quiet for once
I felt like you many years back but when one became of age and goes back to history and read all the injustice and genocide the indigbo had suffered, one can't help but support the move. Biafra has to be and that can't be achieved by keeping quiet.

37 Likes 7 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

President Buhari Dissolves NNPC Board Of Directors - NTA / MC Oluomo Visited President Tinubu At The Aso Rock-photo / Imo State Guber: Rochas Okorocha Has Won!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.