Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,052 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Ebola And The Effectiveness Of Pastors - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ebola And The Effectiveness Of Pastors (1997 Views)

Wives Of Pastors Urged To Satisfy Husbands In Bed / Photograph Of Pastors Adeboye,tunde Bakare And Kumuyi Forty Years Ago / The Effectiveness Of Consistent Prayer & Fasting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola And The Effectiveness Of Pastors by Boss13: 11:35am On Oct 19, 2014
paulGrundy:

You have to understand sir, that there are two forces at work in the earth today, forces of Good and Evil. The forces of evil dominates our world today, it is responsible for the epidemics, flood, violence and wickedness in the world today. Although I do not seem to have the explanation as to why bad things happen to good people, but I believe our creator has a good purpose for allowing that. In time his grand design will unfold and then we would see that he is the extra-odinary strategist. smiley

Paul I don't subscribe to this evil force nonsense. Human activities are responsible for most of the difficulties we experience. Flood are caused by changes in nature due to industrialization, wars are caused and fought by humans. Illness result from when you embark on activities not good for your body. No force will carry illness and throw at you. If you do not eat right you get sick and if you eat much you add weight.
Re: Ebola And The Effectiveness Of Pastors by Nobody: 11:37am On Oct 19, 2014
paulGrundy:

You have to understand sir, that there are two forces at work in the earth today, forces of Good and Evil. The forces of evil dominates our world today, it is responsible for the epidemics, flood, violence and wickedness in the world today. Although I do not seem to have the explanation as to why bad things happen to good people, but I believe our creator has a good purpose for allowing that. In time his grand design will unfold and then we would see that he is the extra-odinary strategist. smiley

instead of investing and relying on endless false hopes of organized religions, don't you think humans should do more to develop, organize their environment and cohabit peacefully?

2 Likes

Re: Ebola And The Effectiveness Of Pastors by paulGrundy(m): 11:38am On Oct 19, 2014
Boss13:
Now Paul let me tell you a personal story. I believe in a universal force, a higher deity be it God or any name you choose. I grew up a Christian but began to see some irregularities that I could not condone. My late sweet mother who passed on in May 2014, was a staunch Christian, very devoted and prayerful. Apart from being a mom, her other activities were church activities even her work could not compete with the church activities. My mom died of breast cancer and during her painful period, I knelt down and weep to God and I told him, in tears to heal my mother and that I would return back a Christian. The doctors frankly told us that my mom's cancer was at terminal stage. The news hits hard like a rock, and even as I type this there is tears in my eyes.

Behold pastors were coming. I even took part in a prayer session and the pastor bluntly said my mother will not die and I can see and smell the faith from my mother. The hospital bills were running high and I told my family that we should forget the bills, as long as my mother was hopeful and fighting to live, we must continue to pay. My mother had hope, she had faith and these pastors fueled her faith but she died. Paul, my mother died. So Paul don't you sit there and find excuses for these fraudsters and also don't you fuel my anger this morning please.

Am so sorry about the loss of your mom cry
May god give you the fortitude to bear this loss. There are some things I would love to say, here but this is not the right time to say them. All I can say is that she is in a better place and god has a reason for everything.

My condolences.
Re: Ebola And The Effectiveness Of Pastors by nora544: 11:51am On Oct 19, 2014
Scyllapatron:

instead of investing and relying on endless false hopes of organized religions, don't you think humans should do more to develop, organize their environment and cohabit peacefully?

you are right. The american fundamental christiand are at the moment this people who will tell you that the air pollution, what he have is not man maid, and that we can make nothing against it, that is so sad.

1 Like

Re: Ebola And The Effectiveness Of Pastors by paulGrundy(m): 11:51am On Oct 19, 2014
Boss13:

Paul I don't subscribe to this evil force nonsense. Human activities are responsible for most of the difficulties we experience. Flood are caused by changes in nature due to industrialization, wars are caused and fought by humans

Over 70% of lands are unoccupied and over 90% of wars are caused by land, isn't it strange?

Illness result from when you embark on activities not good for your body

Africans have been eating bushmeats, bats and monkeys for centuries and yet the first case of Ebola occured in the 1970's. Think about it.

No force will carry illness and throw at you. If you do not eat right you get sick and if you eat much you add weight.
Re: Ebola And The Effectiveness Of Pastors by nora544: 11:58am On Oct 19, 2014
paulGrundy:

Over 70% of lands are unoccupied and over 90% of wars are caused by land, isn't it strange?

Africans have been eating bushmeats, bats and monkeys for centuries and yet the first case of Ebola occured in the 1970's. Think about it.

Yeah that is tru but there is also marburg fever the first sign of it was i feel it was 1967 that is the sister of ebola and the name come from the german city marbur when they get donkys from Uganda, the outbreak was in Germany and in america and in yugoslawie.

What we have with the ebola now is that the people travel much more.

I have a good information about eboa and scientist found out that the first outbrake was before 1976 but it was always local and the people didnot travel that was it why there was no big outbreak.

Please stop tell such a trash when you know nothing.

I have thru my daughter who is a scientist working at the moment in west africa informations from different homepages and I can tell you that also this doctor who got healed from ebola make it with this new drug, but for the public and the media from his christian group he has to say it.

A teacher from my daughter is one of the co founder of Zmapp.
Re: Ebola And The Effectiveness Of Pastors by paulGrundy(m): 12:22pm On Oct 19, 2014
Scyllapatron:

instead of investing and relying on endless false hopes of organized religions, don't you think[b]humans should do more to develop, organize their environment and cohabit peacefully?[/b]

Yes, I agree with you Scyllaptron on the bolded in fact the tremendous development and technical progress in the world today is attributed to science and technology but then there are many questions in the world that humans have not provided an answer to.

1 Like

Re: Ebola And The Effectiveness Of Pastors by Boss13: 12:34pm On Oct 19, 2014
paulGrundy:

Yes, I agree with you Scyllaptron on the bolded in fact the tremendous development and technical progress in the world today is attributed to science and technology but then there are many questions in the world that humans have not provided an answer to.

That answers have not been provided doesn't mean it will not be provided. This mysterious God that the Christians has painted doesn't seem to be mean else Man would not land on the moon. It would have stop most of human technological advances like the tower of babel fable.

Back to the topic. What are pastors, especially west African pastors doing to curtail ebola

1 Like

Re: Ebola And The Effectiveness Of Pastors by Kay17: 12:41pm On Oct 19, 2014
paulGrundy:

You have to understand sir, that there are two forces at work in the earth today, forces of Good and Evil. The forces of evil dominates our world today, it is responsible for the epidemics, flood, violence and wickedness in the world today. Although I do not seem to have the explanation as to why bad things happen to good people, but I believe our creator has a good purpose for allowing that. In time his grand design will unfold and then we would see that he is the extra-ordinary strategist. smiley

The appropriate question is whether God has power over Evil; if yes then he is responsible for the Evils because he has the paramount power to prevent and stop Evil on the other hand, if you answer no, then God is not omnipotent and must be equivalent to the Devil.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hijama/cupping In Nigeria / Believe It Is Real...mother Mary Carrying His Son In Her Holy Hands / Muslims Claim They Don’t Bow To Anything Except Allah But Is This True?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.